AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

A letter to baby camgirls

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss_Lollipop

Cam Model
Feb 7, 2011
www.miss-lollipop.com
Twitter Username
@MissLollipopMFC
MFC Username
Miss_Lollipop
Clips4Sale URL
http://clips4sale.com/store/46293/misslollipop
I wrote this for a post here but I thought I might share some of this very personal advice over here as well.

This is a letter for baby camgirls. It’s a letter I wish I could have written to myself when I was new.

Hey sexy BB,

I see you sitting there in front of your computer. You have planned all you can plan and done what you can to prepare and you’re about to switch the webcam on for the first time and dive into this new world headfirst. I need to tell you something very important first:

You will not turn on the cam and suddenly a magical transformation will come over you and you’ll have all the skills you need to be a good camgirl. Some of the skills you already have from other areas of your life will be put to good use but you’ll have to learn more. They won’t happen overnight. You will look around and see other women in this industry NAILING IT and you may think that you were supposed to start out that way to be successful.

You’ll see models who have great reputations, huge followings, great show ideas, rooms full of regulars every time they log on. They’ll be confident in their bodies, their voices and their camming style. They’ll know exactly how to keep tokens flowing and they’ll make great money.

You’ll see them with long standing relationships and friendships with other models. These women will seem to know their way effortlessly around all the in’s and out’s of camming. They’ll be wise to the scams, they’ll know exactly what to do to protect their safety. You’ll see them ban without hesitation, express their boundries confidently and juggle their complex relationships with members in ways that fit them. They won’t be afraid to say what they do to others but they won’t feel the need to advertise it either.

They’ll have connections with photographers, models, and other industry people. They’ll know what types of games, promotions and pricing works for them and they’ll be confident doing it. They’ll know how to promote themselves and where.

They will also have great collaborations with other models and they’ll already know exactly what paperwork they need to make sure they are working safely and within the law. They’ll be confident discussing these matters with other models and if they have conflicts they’ll handle them professionally and quietly.

They’ll know enough HTML and CSS to be able to code their own profiles or websites. They’ll know how to make a great gif, they’ll know how to edit in fancy programs. They have the right kinds of tech – computers, cam software, VPNs, Solid State Hard drives, etc. Their content will be consistent and on brand.

These models might go to adult conventions and they are just as confident in real life interactions with models and members as they are virtually. They’ll know all the little important tips and tricks to make these events work for them. They’ll have members from their room actually show up JUST TO SEE THEM.

They’ll know exactly how to save for taxes and they’ll be disciplined about it. They’ll have registered a business and do their own bookeeping, keeping careful track of all their deductions. They’ll track their income and be building passive income with content. They’ll have a consistent schedule and manage their to-do lists and they’ll never seem to bite off more than they can chew.

They’ll have a closet full of outfits they feel and look like a Goddess in, lighting that makes them into glowing sexy angels. They’ll know how to do their make up for the camera. They’ll know what toys are good for their bodies. They’ll be on top of their fitness and diet.

These incredible women will juggle work/life balance so they can do what they love and avoid burn out.

You’ll see them and your brain will play a trick on you. It will tell you, argue with you, that these women must have arrived like this. They opened a laptop, turned on a camera one day and instantly became camgirl-role model material.

BB listen, all of these things – Skills, self knowledge, industry knowledge, relationships – these are not switches that are set to either On or Off. They are skills that take time, practice and self compassion to grow. You will make mistakes that will make you want to turn the cam off forever and you will learn from them and they won’t end your career; They will make your career resilient. If you love camming and you want to BE like that model you admire, please stop beating yourself up because you’re not. Start growing instead. Give yourself plenty of fertilizer, water, sunlight.. and quit stomping all over the little seedlings. Let them grow.

Role models are there to help us envision where we’re going not to make us feel like crap because we are not there yet.

I can’t wait to see you grow, BB.

I'm curious to know if models had similar experiences when they were new. Did you feel inadequate? Were you hard on yourself for not immediately being good at all the things camming requries?

This is fantastic advice. I've seen so many content creators (not just adult content) compare themselves to other people in their field and let doubt hold them back. And many small business owners quit because growth takes a lot of time and bad days before you are successful.

Reactions: Miss_Lollipop
@Miss_Lollipop you are such a gem :h: Thank you for all that you do for the community & helping bb camgirls

ImpossibleSlushyDuck-small.gif

Thankyou so much for this. This is exactly what i needed to read. Ive only been camming a couple of weeks and ive realized so many newbie mistakes already.

Last night i had a tough one online.

Im second guessing myself about everything. Am i too old to do this? Too big? Not entertaining enough? Etc etc.

But in the back of my mind i hear all the advice on here ive read telling me a bad day doesn't equal a bad week/month/year etc.

This forum is the reason i haven't closed that laptop and forgot about camming forever.

I can do this.
I can grow.
I can kick ass at this..

All in good time :h:

I danced in strip clubs for many years before I started camming. Because I was a top earner in strip clubs, I assumed camming would be easy money for me. I was wrong! I wasn't a top earner camming-although they have some similarities, there are many differences as well. I've been camming for years now and I'm still learning new things. :)

4.5 years camming.

Still growing.
Still learning.
Still strategizing.
Still improving.
Still upgrading equipment.
Still trying new things.
Still grateful for the flexibility, freedom, and creativity camming provides.

Reactions: Reina Lynn
I haven't been on cam in several days, and I'm a new model on MFC still! I felt so discouraged because I barely get any tips at all. This post makes me feel better. Thank you @Miss_Lollipop, for this message of hope.

Inspirational, makes me want to write one for members to inspire them to keep exploring despite the barriers placed in their path.

The challenges of choosing each level of interaction (guest, member, show based pvt, member/ model relationship), hitting boundaries (being used for spending, rejection for spending, bans, limits to relationships, obsession/ anger of rejection), and the very real costs of commitment/ addiction.
The rewards of some truly unique moments (moments of completely free and uncontrolled emotion, super hot shows), spending on people you really like/ making a difference to them (the ever increasing urge to tip a bit more), and the lessons you will keep forever (regarding yourself and others).

What surprised me most was that both the challenges and rewards hit such strict limits. My advice to members explore the rewards as deeply as you can before the challenges begin to bore you. The best way to do this is to pick great models, be generous and if you are unsure don't spend. Always focus on having fun baby members, it is your recreational spending.

Would add not to look too closely under the fantasy, there is nothing there of too much interest. Enjoy it for what it is.

Reactions: missholly
Thank you for this! :) cam persons** ;P

I went with Camgirls because I feel like I don't really know what the experience of camming would be like for other genders. From what i've seen, it can be very different and I didn't know if all my stuff applied. i didn't want to make anyone feel excluded but this was so personal... that's why i worded it that way.

Typically i just go with cam-models.

I went with Camgirls because I feel like I don't really know what the experience of camming would be like for other genders. From what i've seen, it can be very different and I didn't know if all my stuff applied. i didn't want to make anyone feel excluded but this was so personal... that's why i worded it that way.

Typically i just go with cam-models.

Not a big deal at all love.. you're right, there are differences, but we are doing the same thing ultimately.. I personally don't find this a huge issue but I've talked to a fair amount of models and the issue of inclusion within the group.. that's even with women among women.. there is a lot less supporting of one another than one would assume.. sorry for the rant but ya no biggie, don't know why I posted that in the first place :p

Reactions: Miss_Lollipop
Status
Not open for further replies.