AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

A naive member's questions

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2013
First of all, let me say that I really love this site and want to thank everyone for coming here and providing the dosage of reality.
I love MFC girls and can't think of one who I didn't think was personally a woman who was deserving of much more than she is getting in the cam business at MFC (on anywhere else, I would think).

I have a few questions that I hope you can answer:

1. At what level of points do the shackles come off? That is, I am in a 'premiere' status that currently allows me 2700 tokens each day. At what rewards level will that no longer be the case? I mean, I see guys dropping 10,000 or 20,000 tokens at times, and I know that's not thanks to saving over a month's time.

2. I'd heard MFC was the best site for models in terms of pay. But when I now know that dropping a $100 tip means the girl getting $5, I have to wonder if that's true. Is this the way it is everywhere?

3. One thing I see in every girl's room at MFC---well, almost every girl's---is a large number of members watching and virtually no one tipping. If MFC is really "looking to improve," wouldn't it make sense to follow the Streammate style of a flat rate for group shows before the girl even gets her top off? I don't know, but it seems like a lot of you girls are getting ripped off.

Thanks!

2. I'd heard MFC was the best site for models in terms of pay. But when I now know that dropping a $100 tip means the girl getting $5, I have to wonder if that's true. Is this the way it is everywhere?

Thats incorrect. Girls get 5 cents USD per token no matter what the member paid for the package.

If you tip 1 TOKEN the model gets $0.05
If you tipped 100 TOKENS the model would get $5.00
If you tipped 2000 TOKENS, the model would get $100.00

Reactions: MemberEd
Eddie77 said:
Sorry, what I meant was...a 100 token tip amounts to $5 for the model.

Yes thats right.

100 tokens is likely to cost the member $10, but he might get a better value if he buys a larger package.

So models get 50% on MFC.

Eddie77 said:
1. At what level of points do the shackles come off? That is, I am in a 'premiere' status that currently allows me 2700 tokens each day. At what rewards level will that no longer be the case? I mean, I see guys dropping 10,000 or 20,000 tokens at times, and I know that's not thanks to saving over a month's time.
Happens gradually over time as you buy tokens. At 21kish points, I'm at 46650/day allowable.

Eddie77 said:
3. One thing I see in every girl's room at MFC---well, almost every girl's---is a large number of members watching and virtually no one tipping. If MFC is really "looking to improve," wouldn't it make sense to follow the Streammate style of a flat rate for group shows before the girl even gets her top off? I don't know, but it seems like a lot of you girls are getting ripped off.
MFC's model is different. You can be assured if models weren't making money they wouldn't be on the site.

Jessi said:
Eddie77 said:

Yes thats right.

100 tokens is likely to cost the member $10, but he might get a better value if he buys a larger package.

Actually its closer to 60% since most tokens are bought for $.08 each,not $.10.

just say this ^^^^ when I went to post. This is true, but using 10 tokens to a $, or $0.10 per token rule 50% is right. I just wanted to clarify that because if someone is trying to get their head around it, it makes it easier, not that you are not right.

I believe once you have established some degree of reward points/tokens bought/$ spent, that you can contact MFC, and they will increase your buy limit. As long as they are pretty sure you are not going to be screaming for a refund for some reason, (because you have buyer's remorse, or, someone else was using your cc, or, probably most common, buyer's remorse, with a story about someone else using your cc, etc.) they should raise your daily limit. Contrary to what the limit might seem to suggest, they want you to buy as many tokens as you are willing. ;)

vlad.mazare said:
Jessi said:
Eddie77 said:

Yes thats right.

That's just a technicality that will confuse people. Models get $.05 per token, no matter what.

Do bank wire transfers allow you to buy more tokens? Like if I wanted to do a million token tip, can I send them $80,000 at once?

Eddie77 said:
First of all, let me say that I really love this site and want to thank everyone for coming here and providing the dosage of reality.
I love MFC girls and can't think of one who I didn't think was personally a woman who was deserving of much more than she is getting in the cam business at MFC (on anywhere else, I would think).

Thanks!

As for #1, If you have cash burning a hole in your pocket they will accommodate you. No site is in the habit of turning away $ but be prepared for some q&a. By limiting how much you can buy initially it guides you into establishing trust via regular purchases over a period of time. If you bought 15x a month using the same credit/debit card that works in your favor as people who commit credit card fraud would be more likely to buy once big then disappear OR by repeatedly using different cards. Nobody wants a chargeback and it really sucks on the models end if a month later there's a chargeback for a few hundred dollars (which would come out of her next periods earnings. If you haven't the patience to wait to establish trust then you can appeal directly and if you can convince them & show bona fides that you have the $ to back it up they may make an exception. I don't recall when my limit changed, It used to be that you were only given $19.99, $49.99 & $74.99 When you finally made the step of buying $74.99 the very next time you went to purchase you'd be offered another selection of $149.99 and again when you purchase at that level they next time you'd be offered the $299.99. At present I can store 500k tokens in my bank and have 500k in my active acct.

#2 It's still kinda/sorts the best in pay as it pays models 50%. Other sites usually have an affiliation program so models used to get 35%, affiliates 30% and the host site 35% but that's changed over time and other sites pay on par or more if certain criteria are met. I find the easiest way to figure how much a model gets it drop the last zero from the tip & half it. So 1000 tip = 100 then halved = $50. When you buy tokens in larger amounts you actually pay less. So 1000 tokens cost you $80 BUT the model still gets the 50% value of the 1000, so she still gets $50

#3 The feature that will eventually sink the titanic. If someone is just looking to visit & jerkoff there is nothing stopping them. More or less the same thing you'd have to pay to see on other sites you can see on mfc as a guest for free. Some models don't even take pvts, they just do what they would do in pvt in free chat. So why bother to join? If you want some premium features then you have to pay $20 once. You can avail yourself of the lounge, you can hide your tokens & reward points and sit in models rooms for years and never spend that original $20. Other sites like you mention will try and adapt because servers cost money, bandwidth costs money, staff costs money. But this one wont because people on those other sites will hear about this & think why the f should i pay on streamate when i can see it all for free.

In the last year I've seen more models crying on cam, ranting, cutting, getting blackout drunk because they feel so frustrated they don't know how to deal with 400 people on their room, spending 8hrs on cam and having the same handful of people tip here and there, finishing the day with $40
It's becoming a pandemic of lethargy

Reactions: HiGirlsRHot
vlad.mazare said:
Jessi said:
Eddie77 said:

Yes thats right.

Do you have any evidence for this statement? :think:
Are packages of 900 tokens and more actually sold more often than packages of 200 or 550?
We all know how many people become a premium member (for $.10 per token) and then never buy tokens again.

The Insider said:
Eddie77 said:

Thanks!

As for #1, If you have cash burning a hole in your pocket they will accommodate you. No site is in the habit of turning away $ but be prepared for some q&a. By limiting how much you can buy initially it guides you into establishing trust via regular purchases over a period of time. If you bought 15x a month using the same credit/debit card that works in your favor as people who commit credit card fraud would be more likely to buy once big then disappear OR by repeatedly using different cards. Nobody wants a chargeback and it really sucks on the models end if a month later there's a chargeback for a few hundred dollars (which would come out of her next periods earnings. If you haven't the patience to wait to establish trust then you can appeal directly and if you can convince them & show bona fides that you have the $ to back it up they may make an exception. I don't recall when my limit changed, It used to be that you were only given $19.99, $49.99 & $74.99 When you finally made the step of buying $74.99 the very next time you went to purchase you'd be offered another selection of $149.99 and again when you purchase at that level they next time you'd be offered the $299.99. At present I can store 500k tokens in my bank and have 500k in my active acct.

#2 It's still kinda/sorts the best in pay as it pays models 50%. Other sites usually have an affiliation program so models used to get 35%, affiliates 30% and the host site 35% but that's changed over time and other sites pay on par or more if certain criteria are met. I find the easiest way to figure how much a model gets it drop the last zero from the tip & half it. So 1000 tip = 100 then halved = $50. When you buy tokens in larger amounts you actually pay less. So 1000 tokens cost you $80 BUT the model still gets the 50% value of the 1000, so she still gets $50

#3 The feature that will eventually sink the titanic. If someone is just looking to visit & jerkoff there is nothing stopping them. More or less the same thing you'd have to pay to see on other sites you can see on mfc as a guest for free. Some models don't even take pvts, they just do what they would do in pvt in free chat. So why bother to join? If you want some premium features then you have to pay $20 once. You can avail yourself of the lounge, you can hide your tokens & reward points and sit in models rooms for years and never spend that original $20. Other sites like you mention will try and adapt because servers cost money, bandwidth costs money, staff costs money. But this one wont because people on those other sites will hear about this & think why the f should i pay on streamate when i can see it all for free.

In the last year I've seen more models crying on cam, ranting, cutting, getting blackout drunk because they feel so frustrated they don't know how to deal with 400 people on their room, spending 8hrs on cam and having the same handful of people tip here and there, finishing the day with $40

But isn't the problem is that alot of models do not attempt to build up a following or simply do not even know how to webcam. Webcamming isn't just getting naked and masterbating in front of the camera, you have to market yourself to potetional clients. The top models understand this and thats why they are the top models.

Thanks to everyone who has posted and Insider, like Kraydek before you, it all makes sense.
Part of my problem has been the narrative MFC places in the 'My Account' section. You clarified it very nicely.
I'll be patient. I'm not really interested in sending a bank transfer or a copy of my license. This is what it would take, as any requests I've made have been met with ironclad responses that coincide with Kraydek's "gradual," or incremental, type of arrangement. And that's fine.

I've seen the stress and tears you write of, too and have wondered why. In retrospect, I am sure you are right about the 'private show' idea that Streammate uses. I don't know what the answer is, but you would think there is a better way.

Thanks to all, again.

vlad.mazare said:
The Insider said:
Eddie77 said:

Thanks!

But isn't the problem is that alot of models do not attempt to build up a following or simply do not even know how to webcam. Webcamming isn't just getting naked and masterbating in front of the camera, you have to market yourself to potetional clients. The top models understand this and thats why they are the top models.

I can't believe I'm about to do this, but... I actually agree with vlad :?

There's more to camming than loading up the webcam, flopping the baps out and waiting for the money to roll in (from what I gather). Some people just aren't cut out for it, no matter how much they want to make a go of it.

I would also disagree that models are being "ripped off" by the current MFC model and that it's this model that will "sink the titanic". I'd argue that it's this model that allows for the top MFC models to make more money (and I haven't bothered to look this up, but I think it's right) than the top Streamate or Chaturbate models. There's more traffic (generated by MFC's marketing, the crux of which is "come look at vaginas for free!") and therefore more opportunities to make sales and convert freeloaders into regular tippers. A by-product of that is an influx of freeloaders, but that's kind of a necessary evil, ya know?

The freeloaders that flat-out will not tip ever are inconsequential. Whether they're there "ripping the model off" by watching her show for free, or they're not there as a result of some new MFC business model whereby there are no public shows; they make no difference to a model's earnings whatsoever.
Then there are guys who join the site with the intent to freeload but stumble across a model (or models) who they enjoy enough to tip and boom! - suddenly both models and MFC are making money from these guys that the likes of Streamate will never see due to their public show policy :twocents-02cents:

vlad.mazare said:

There's a difference between knowing how to do something and being able to do it. Case in point: I know exactly how I could have a giant camscore on MFC right now. I'm not willing to sacrifice certain things in order to make that happen. I know there's ways to do it without sacrificing those things, but they take longer, and I don't have the right skills.

It's the difference between knowing the theory of how to throw a pot, and having the practice to throw a pot. No matter how much book-learning about the subject you have, you really gotta get out there and do it.

Some models get lucky, really lucky, and get a large tipper their first few days and build a great following. Most models have to climb the ladder slowly and painfully. Many of those models burn out before they get there. I've been camming for three years, and I'm *still* not comfortable with marketing myself. That's because I had 18 years of being unofficially taught that I should never assume people will like me, never assume that people will want to talk to me, never put myself in other people's faces, and never call attention to myself in any way. It took two years of camming for me to stop feeling guilty over banning trolls.

So yes, it does take more than just getting on the camera and looking pretty. But knowing what to do isn't the same thing as being able to do it.

LilyMarie said:
vlad.mazare said:
Jessi said:
Eddie77 said:

Yes thats right.

Are packages of 900 tokens and more actually sold more often than packages of 200 or 550?
We all know how many people become a premium member (for $.10 per token) and then never buy tokens again.

MFC says that's the case. From http://wiki.myfreecams.com/wiki/Payment_Information_for_Models:

wiki.myfreecams.com said:
On average, about 61.4% of all (gross) money spent on MyFreeCams.com is sent to models. Detailed explanation follows.

Customers purchase tokens in pre-defined packages. Larger packages cost less per token. But models are always paid the same amount ($0.05) per token, so the calculating the percentage paid to the model would depend on the package purchased by the member.

[...]

Most of the money spent on MyFreeCams.com comes from long-time users that purchase the larger packages so the average always comes to over 60%.

Reactions: LilyMarie
LadyLuna said:
vlad.mazare said:

There's a difference between knowing how to do something and being able to do it. Case in point: I know exactly how I could have a giant camscore on MFC right now. I'm not willing to sacrifice certain things in order to make that happen. I know there's ways to do it without sacrificing those things, but they take longer, and I don't have the right skills.

It's the difference between knowing the theory of how to throw a pot, and having the practice to throw a pot. No matter how much book-learning about the subject you have, you really gotta get out there and do it.

Some models get lucky, really lucky, and get a large tipper their first few days and build a great following. Most models have to climb the ladder slowly and painfully. Many of those models burn out before they get there. I've been camming for three years, and I'm *still* not comfortable with marketing myself. That's because I had 18 years of being unofficially taught that I should never assume people will like me, never assume that people will want to talk to me, never put myself in other people's faces, and never call attention to myself in any way. It took two years of camming for me to stop feeling guilty over banning trolls.

So yes, it does take more than just getting on the camera and looking pretty. But knowing what to do isn't the same thing as being able to do it.

But a guide like what xlovecam has can potently help a model earn more,then without reading.

vlad.mazare said:
But isn't the problem is that a lot of models do not attempt to build up a following or simply do not even know how to webcam. Webcamming isn't just getting naked and masturbating in front of the camera, you have to market yourself to potential clients. The top models understand this and that's why they are the top models.

I agree 100%. I've worked closely with many models over the years, making sites with them and other things to give them more of a presence and increase earnings. But it's a crap shoot, some things work with some models & not with others. There is no formula. Sometimes you see a model and thunk huh ? but she does amazingly well, other times you see one that you feel should be top shelf & yet she struggles. But at least the ones that try can say they have made the effort.

LilyMarie said:

Other sites I am associated with when i make a sale I can see what the original amount was for. Since mfc has no affiliation program there is no way to know what the most bought token package is unless someone from there came here & fessed up.

Reactions: LadyLuna
vlad.mazare said:
But a guide like what xlovecam has can potently help a model earn more,then without reading.

MFC models already have access to a guide that can potentially earn them more money. It's called the models only section of ACF. And it's written entirely by models that have the experience and know-how to actually write a guide. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.