AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

A place for your ideas and suggestions

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

xChloe

Stripchat.com
Industry Representative
Jun 10, 2019
Let’s improve Stripchat together!

Stripchat is continually growing, and to ensure productive development, we want to know your opinion about the project.

This is the official thread where you can talk about the options and new features you would like to see on Stripchat in the future.

Please, share your opinion here, and let us know what you would like to improve.

This applies to everyone: models, studios, and of course, users

Hi Chloe and Charlie. I know this has been brought up in the past, but suddenly it has gotten a lot worse. Stripchat chat is stripping words out of my chats.

In this instance, I was just trying to say "That's what I do" and then tell the model that sometimes words are stripped out.

Here's the awkward conversation that made me look like an idiot...

I can't even figure out why these words would be deleted by the system.

I just learned that they block the word "dead" from the room topic too. Lol.

But that's strange they kept blocking out the word "do" with your conversation. Weird.

Upvote 0
Maybe some kind of on-screen notice and a short countdown when it's about to happen? The thumbnails can be quite unflattering sometimes.

Well refer to my conversation with @Brett M on page 6 of this thread then, because he's the only person who seemed to have an answer for me when I brought it up. I'm glad you're bringing the topic back up, because it's frustrating when I came on here posting about some sort of site issue, and people have no clue what I'm talking about.

Thank you both for your feedback.. it's appreciated.
I have noted your comments and your thoughts have been passed up to the relevant team with the rest of the information.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
Hi Chloe and Charlie. I know this has been brought up in the past, but suddenly it has gotten a lot worse. Stripchat chat is stripping words out of my chats.

In this instance, I was just trying to say "That's what I do" and then tell the model that sometimes words are stripped out.

Here's the awkward conversation that made me look like an idiot...

Hey @Life_Happens Thank you for your post.
Please note, we have tested this phrase "That's what I do" and it's certainly not something forbidden therefore, I guess there was a glitch at the time (which can happen).
If you would like me to investigate this further to see why this occurred, I would be happy to do so.
Please contact me directly charlie@stripchat.com and provide me with the models' username that you were speaking with and i will look further into why this happened.

Reactions: Life_Happens
Upvote 0
I just learned that they block the word "dead" from the room topic too. Lol.

But that's strange they kept blocking out the word "do" with your conversation. Weird.

Hi @yummybrownfox
I am interested to know.. can you please provide me with a few examples of how the word 'dead' would be appropriate to use in a room topic?

Upvote 0
I too would second a chance to get into a good pose and get a good pic for the live stream, as sometimes I'd be in the middle of my show doing, well, stuff,.. and the picture would be of me moving my camera or something silly like that. Hence not a lot of viewers.. I can see why they wouldn't be interested to click on my room! It would be good to have a notification system in place, so have a notification for models a minute before the first and all the next pictures are taken... would make life easier knowing and not being in a stupid pose or moving stuff around when it's important to let people know what's happening... just a thought on previous comments :)

Reactions: KatieKitty
Upvote 0
As I have suggested before (without any real proof), it looks like the chat filter is eager to remove two letter words that are also internet top level domains. I assume it's some sort of filter so you can't write URLs in PMs or the public chat. The common word "do" is the top level domain for The Dominican Republic. Sometimes, but not always, I've had the words as, us, in, no, be and it filtered out too. They are all top level domains for various countries.

Upvote 0
Hi @yummybrownfox
I am interested to know.. can you please provide me with a few examples of how the word 'dead' would be appropriate to use in a room topic?

Yeah, but it's really not that serious. Lol. I had made a harmless little post that I'd be logging off a little early because of how dead it was. 😂 Not a big deal. Next time I'll just say "Logging off early tonight."

Reactions: Charlie_SC
Upvote 0
You continue to experience issues with models that some how have no gender assigned. you should resolve that glitch or have it alert your support staff automatically so they can resolve it manually. It's been happening for at least a year and a half.

Sometimes you'll have no "gender" but you will have a "broadcastGender" in the API so a while back I coded striphours to check both variables but I still get alerts that sometimes theres no gender in either variable and I can confirm when i visit the site they have no gender icon next to their name.

Upvote 0
You continue to experience issues with models that some how have no gender assigned.
Just a thought: could it be that none of the distinct values for broadcastGender actually fits the person broadcasting? In userland there are "girls", "men" and "trans", but I obviously don't know if there are other values behind the scenes.

Upvote 0
Just a thought: could it be that none of the distinct values for broadcastGender actually fits the person broadcasting? In userland there are "girls", "men" and "trans", but I obviously don't know if there are other values behind the scenes.
its not an optional field and i don't even think they can change it after selection but i could be mistaken. It's a rare glitch but out of the thousands broadcasting theres usually at least one each week.

Upvote 0
You continue to experience issues with models that some how have no gender assigned. you should resolve that glitch or have it alert your support staff automatically so they can resolve it manually. It's been happening for at least a year and a half.

Sometimes you'll have no "gender" but you will have a "broadcastGender" in the API so a while back I coded striphours to check both variables but I still get alerts that sometimes theres no gender in either variable and I can confirm when i visit the site they have no gender icon next to their name.

Please contact me directly charlie@stripchat.com from your registered email address as I would like to investigate this further and assist you with rectifying it.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Reactions: cbhours
Upvote 0
I've been going around and around with support on this with no resolution so far: I am trying to view my saved Privates in "My Collection" but they won't play all the way through. They inevitably freeze/stop playing long before the video ends and I can only restart it from the beginning. I have tried multiple browsers (cleared cache cookies, etc etc), multiple computers (laptop, PC, windows 10, latest Mac OS)--I don't have this issue with any other streaming site, the problem appears to be on your end. Support has even suggested to download the videos for offline viewing (which I would much like to do), however, you have taken this ability away without notice. Not sure what to do.

Upvote 0
I've been going around and around with support on this with no resolution so far: I am trying to view my saved Privates in "My Collection" but they won't play all the way through. They inevitably freeze/stop playing long before the video ends and I can only restart it from the beginning. I have tried multiple browsers (cleared cache cookies, etc etc), multiple computers (laptop, PC, windows 10, latest Mac OS)--I don't have this issue with any other streaming site, the problem appears to be on your end. Support has even suggested to download the videos for offline viewing (which I would much like to do), however, you have taken this ability away without notice. Not sure what to do.

I can view videos in my collection fine, and I can skip forward and back and they continue to play as intended. I've just tried on Windows 10 with Chrome and my Galaxy s10 on chrome.

The download is random or so it seems. You were always able to download but now some you can and some you can't. I just assumed it was a setting models enabled or disabled. Should they all be available to download @Charlie_SC

Upvote 0
I edited my tip menu items so that a lot of the stuff has "please" at the end of it. 😂 Instead of "Make that ass clap!," they're gonna tip for me to "Make that ass clap, please!"

season 1 nbc GIF by Manifest

I'd love it if you guys could make the tip menu items be in order by price. So my cheapest item can be listed at the top...and my most expensive item listed at the bottom.

Upvote 0
I'd love it if you guys could make the tip menu items be in order by price. So my cheapest item can be listed at the top...and my most expensive item listed at the bottom.

I think a few sorting options could be beneficial for everyone:

Low - High
High - Low
Alphanumerical - A-Z
Alphanumerical - Z-A
Random

Sometimes it can be easier to find things based on price sometimes based on it being in alphabetical order. Having the "random" option too would be great so then maybe guys will "see" things they never noticed on the menu before. I know most of us will just scroll and look for exactly what we want, but random could be good (or not, who knows :p )

Reactions: mika_kedi
Upvote 0
I think a few sorting options could be beneficial for everyone:

Low - High
High - Low
Alphanumerical - A-Z
Alphanumerical - Z-A
Random

Sometimes it can be easier to find things based on price sometimes based on it being in alphabetical order. Having the "random" option too would be great so then maybe guys will "see" things they never noticed on the menu before. I know most of us will just scroll and look for exactly what we want, but random could be good (or not, who knows :p )

That's cool. But if they weren't going to offer all of those options and was just going to have one, imo it should be the low-high one that I suggested. That's how tip menus are arranged on ManyVids Live and probably other sites, and it just looks neater and nicer. I've seen other Stripchat models ask for this too, and I think there was recently a member on here who said he doesn't like how out of order SC tip menu items are. It looks very weird having my 2,223 token item shown right underneath my 20 token item. Lol. Members who aren't exactly high rollers, I'm sure, like being able to see that there actually is something they can get with their 10 tokens. So the guys thinking "Well I only have 10 tokens. Can I get anything with that?" would get to see a neat tip menu of items listed in order of price.

Upvote 0
That's cool. But if they weren't going to offer all of those options and was just going to have one, imo it should be the low-high one that I suggested. That's how tip menus are arranged on ManyVids Live and probably other sites, and it just looks neater and nicer. I've seen other Stripchat models ask for this too, and I think there was recently a member on here who said he doesn't like how out of order SC tip menu items are. It looks very weird having my 2,223 token item shown right underneath my 20 token item. Lol. Members who aren't exactly high rollers, I'm sure, like being able to see that there actually is something they can get with their 10 tokens. So the guys thinking "Well I only have 10 tokens. Can I get anything with that?" would get to see a neat tip menu of items listed in order of price.

I definitely agree it is the best option if there is only going to be one, but i was just expanding to say it would be nice [if] the others could also be added.

Upvote 0
Oh, man. Trying to adjust the cam times in our broadcasting schedule is a nightmare. The way the dragdown menu has the times listed, it makes it very difficult to select a 10 PM start time and 1 AM end time. I give up. Lol. I do believe I've ranted about this before on here. I really wish they could change this. I don't even like to mess with the broadcast schedule section because of this. And then when my son goes back to college next weekend, I'm going to want to add a short afternoon shift somewhere in there too.

Upvote 0
I've been going around and around with support on this with no resolution so far: I am trying to view my saved Privates in "My Collection" but they won't play all the way through. They inevitably freeze/stop playing long before the video ends and I can only restart it from the beginning. I have tried multiple browsers (cleared cache cookies, etc etc), multiple computers (laptop, PC, windows 10, latest Mac OS)--I don't have this issue with any other streaming site, the problem appears to be on your end.

In order for me to assist you further, please email me via my direct email charlie@stripchat.com and provide/confirm the below information as I would like to look into what Support has investigated on this matter:
  • Username:
  • Registered email address for this account:
I look forward to hearing from you.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbc003
Upvote 0
Oh, man. Trying to adjust the cam times in our broadcasting schedule is a nightmare. The way the dragdown menu has the times listed, it makes it very difficult to select a 10 PM start time and 1 AM end time. I give up. Lol. I do believe I've ranted about this before on here. I really wish they could change this. I don't even like to mess with the broadcast schedule section because of this. And then when my son goes back to college next weekend, I'm going to want to add a short afternoon shift somewhere in there too.

I had to look to see what it is you mean exactly, so I just had a little look at the schedule, and am I the only one that thinks it's too tedious and "overly complicated"?
You have to change the times to get to the times you need, which is a pain. Also, from what you said above @yummybrownfox I tried to do 10 pm - 1 am, and if I manage to finally get the START to 10 pm, my maximum finish time is 11:59 pm - ok this makes sense, they are both on the "Monday" for the schedule, so I figured the option I need to do is to enable "Tuesday" and then add the "finish" time to be 1 am - Nope, it's the exact same problem.

Am I missing something?

Upvote 0
Download the videos for offline viewing (which I would much like to do), however, you have taken this ability away without notice. Not sure what to do.

The download is random or so it seems. You were always able to download but now some you can and some you can't. I just assumed it was a setting models enabled or disabled. Should they all be available to download @Charlie_SC

Our site no longer permits downloading of videos for the privacy of all models.

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0

Thank you for the feedback.
This has already been addressed with this relevant team but I will definitely include your thoughts/reasons on this matter.
Thank you for continuously helping us to improve our site ;)

Upvote 0
I had to look to see what it is you mean exactly, so I just had a little look at the schedule, and am I the only one that thinks it's too tedious and "overly complicated"?
You have to change the times to get to the times you need, which is a pain. Also, from what you said above @yummybrownfox I tried to do 10 pm - 1 am, and if I manage to finally get the START to 10 pm, my maximum finish time is 11:59 pm - ok this makes sense, they are both on the "Monday" for the schedule, so I figured the option I need to do is to enable "Tuesday" and then add the "finish" time to be 1 am - Nope, it's the exact same problem.

Am I missing something?

YES, that's exactly what I'm talking about, and it's maddening. I don't know why they have it set up that way...it's insane. I just want to be able to select 10 PM as the start time, and 1 AM as the end time without having to do all of that extra stuff. I gave up on it, and just went to the custom panels and typed in a note telling people to expect me from 10 - 1. Lol.

Btw, how are you able to see that on your end as a member? Are you a moderator for a SC model, and have the ability to edit her cam schedule?

Upvote 0
YES, that's exactly what I'm talking about, and it's maddening. I don't know why they have it set up that way...it's insane. I just want to be able to select 10 PM as the start time, and 1 AM as the end time without having to do all of that extra stuff. I gave up on it, and just went to the custom panels and typed in a note telling people to expect me from 10 - 1. Lol.

Btw, how are you able to see that on your end as a member? Are you a moderator for a SC model, and have the ability to edit her cam schedule?

I have a second account which I verified purely for the purposes of being able to see what it's like from a model perspective. It was both curiosity and also a little frustration if I needed to try help a model who's English was not the best, I can give step by step instructions on where something is. At the time it was for one very specific model but its been useful a lot since then.

Upvote 0

You could change your time zone to one where your schedule doesn't cross over multiple days (so 10PM Monday -1AM Tuesday in your time zone, but 8:00 PM Monday - 11PM Monday in whatever time zone you give Stripchat), but that's a different set of headaches.

Upvote 0
You could change your time zone to one where your schedule doesn't cross over multiple days (so 10PM Monday -1AM Tuesday in your time zone, but 8:00 PM Monday - 11PM Monday in whatever time zone you give Stripchat), but that's a different set of headaches.

Yeah, that's an option. But I'm not going to do that because seeing it in a different time zone other than EST would just drive me crazy. Lol. Stripchat should be the one to make the necessary changes to make life easier on the models.

Upvote 0
Yeah, that's an option. But I'm not going to do that because seeing it in a different time zone other than EST would just drive me crazy. Lol. Stripchat should be the one to make the necessary changes to make life easier on the models.
It is a kludge of course, but can you set, for example, Monday: 10:00 pm - midnight (or 11:59pm) and then Tuesday midnight - 1:00am ?

I have seen many models with multiple times or "shifts" per day in their schedule.

Reactions: Life_Happens
Upvote 0
It is a kludge of course, but can you set, for example, Monday: 10:00 pm - midnight (or 11:59pm) and then Tuesday midnight - 1:00am ?

I have seen many models with multiple times or "shifts" per day in their schedule.

I'll probably just leave it as is. The info is right there in my custom panel.

Reactions: Ozzie_
Upvote 0
I really like the option of being able to send your content via PM to users and even changing the price for them. It would be great if that was possible in the public chat too?

I think it would be great if I could talk about one of my videos to the whole room and then send it to the chat where users who wanted it could buy it, without having to head to my videos and leaving the chat.

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0