AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

A place for your ideas and suggestions

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

xChloe

Stripchat.com
Industry Representative
Jun 10, 2019
Let’s improve Stripchat together!

Stripchat is continually growing, and to ensure productive development, we want to know your opinion about the project.

This is the official thread where you can talk about the options and new features you would like to see on Stripchat in the future.

Please, share your opinion here, and let us know what you would like to improve.

This applies to everyone: models, studios, and of course, users

I actually agree with that suggestion. It's not a big problem for me to make all tip menu amounts different by even 1 token, especially since I try to keep them consistent between sites and as you mentioned @Lexi_Summers CB already works that way, but I find it difficult to remember what costs what for every item.

I assume tips ending with 0 or 5 are more likely to be appreciation tips, so I avoid numbers like that in my tip menu and someone tipping a different number suggests to me I should glance at my tip menu or ask him if he meant to tip for something, if any tip of value equal to something from the menu triggered a notification for me it would make my life easier. I agree it is a bit of a hassle to set the tip menu that way, but it's one time hassle which I prefer over wondering what did someone mean about their tip and potential confusion or unpleasant interactions.

Of course that's my preference and way to do things, I'm not saying it's in any way superior to yours @Lexi_Summers just wanted to add my point of view on the subject.
Totally get what you mean. Its just that my(and probably a few other models) tip menus change very very often and that would mean at least 20 or so minutes set up before I could stream to make sure no tip values interfere with eachother. That's a hassle I don't currently have on stripchat and a reason why stripchat is my favorite and primary site to work on. If the way tip menu works was to change to the same way CB works, I'd close my account because it would be too much work with set up to even bother getting on all the sites I stream on. It's already way too much since I multistream and all the other sites work similar or same as CB and I hate that system with passion, spending up to 20 min per site changing stuff and making sure everything works properly-and even then I make mistakes and the tip menu values aren't right and interfere with other tips

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
Can stripchat take it easy on the whole BRB 2 minutes thing? It's not like models are stepping away mid private. Other sites allow 15 minutes and many models on stripchat do splitcast.

Someone passed me a picture (I guess it was originally spanish and they assumed I couldn't read spanish cause they used google lens to translate) and from what it looks like someone was permanently banned for a brb screen? I mean I suppose it could have been a bad translation 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
Totally get what you mean. Its just that my(and probably a few other models) tip menus change very very often and that would mean at least 20 or so minutes set up before I could stream to make sure no tip values interfere with eachother. That's a hassle I don't currently have on stripchat and a reason why stripchat is my favorite and primary site to work on. If the way tip menu works was to change to the same way CB works, I'd close my account because it would be too much work with set up to even bother getting on all the sites I stream on. It's already way too much since I multistream and all the other sites work similar or same as CB and I hate that system with passion, spending up to 20 min per site changing stuff and making sure everything works properly-and even then I make mistakes and the tip menu values aren't right and interfere with other tips
I get it as well. Maybe it would be possible to make it a feature model can activate and deactivate? That should keep everyone happy.

Upvote 0
The thing is, I don't think it's overly obvious that you can and NEED to click and send tips via the tip menu options, so I can fully understand why a lot of guys don't do it, and it causes problems for those models who struggle already. Even if it didn't do how I suggested, as it does with bots on CB, then some kind of clear and easy-to-see/read/understand description for users would be great. Right now there is nothing to say "You need to click the item you wish to tip for" or similar, it is just a list of them.

It's obvious once you know - but then so is everything.

Upvote 0
tip menu is right there and it's super easy to tip off it, not like its necessary to look at it, then remember the price and write a tip note to get something off the menu. If I have something for 50 tokens on the menu, but someone tips 50 tokens just because, I take it as a tip for lush/appreciation and NOT tip menu items.
I agree with this personally, quite often someone will tip for “shake booty- 51tk” and then keep tipping 51s repeatedly afterward just for the lush (I guess the recent tip amt is auto filled in the tip blank??) If someone tips for something in 1 tip & doesn’t use the menu and says something fast enough I do honor it personally. But I feel like users tipping without knowing specifically they’re utilizing the tip menu could get confusing…

Reactions: Ozzie_
Upvote 0
I agree with this personally, quite often someone will tip for “shake booty- 51tk” and then keep tipping 51s repeatedly afterward just for the lush (I guess the recent tip amt is auto filled in the tip blank??) If someone tips for something in 1 tip & doesn’t use the menu and says something fast enough I do honor it personally. But I feel like users tipping without knowing specifically they’re utilizing the tip menu could get confusing…
Imagine having to shake ass for 30 min straight just because someone likes to tip 51tk. Lol.

Upvote 0
When a video is rejected can you please tell us which video it is in the email? I just uploaded a whole bunch of videos and one was rejected "due to a policy violation". Something about a watermark, but they're all watermarked so I'm not sure which one. It seems like it shouldn't be that hard to say "your video. (video title) was rejected..... Thank you.

Upvote 0
When a video is rejected can you please tell us which video it is in the email? I just uploaded a whole bunch of videos and one was rejected "due to a policy violation". Something about a watermark, but they're all watermarked so I'm not sure which one. It seems like it shouldn't be that hard to say "your video. (video title) was rejected..... Thank you.

Valid point.
Noted.
I'm on it ;)

Upvote 0
Great thread topic!

One thing I’ve noticed, and I’m sure It’s probably been brought up before.

Searching the chat: it is sooo tedious having to scroll/load/scolll/load to find and sometimes remember something that was said last week :)

A Chat search function would be amazing , or just an easier way to scroll through would be amazing too!

Upvote 0
Great thread topic!

One thing I’ve noticed, and I’m sure It’s probably been brought up before.

Searching the chat: it is sooo tedious having to scroll/load/scolll/load to find and sometimes remember something that was said last week :)

A Chat search function would be amazing , or just an easier way to scroll through would be amazing too!
Or perhaps an export function? If exported as csv we could sort and search for ourselves.

Upvote 0
I think it's a good idea now that the Epic Goal is a separate thing that people have to tip for, but it's a bit annoying that people have to click the models profile and scroll down in order to see it because most people don't do that. Is there any way to move that 'contribute' button to the tip menu where poeple can see it more clearly?

Upvote 0
I think it's a good idea now that the Epic Goal is a separate thing that people have to tip for, but it's a bit annoying that people have to click the models profile and scroll down in order to see it because most people don't do that. Is there any way to move that 'contribute' button to the tip menu where poeple can see it more clearly?
yes, this! Most users do not read a profile, so they will never see the epic goal.

And in truth, I rarely look at my model friend's profile as I know pretty much all of it by now!

• Helpful!
Reactions: xChloe and NotYou
Upvote 0
I agree that the "Epic Goal" should have a clearer way to contribute to this separate goal during a live show, like maybe have it's own button like the Private Tip has it's own button. Or maybe also add it to the Games widget or basically some way for users to see that it's possible to tip this way without interrupting their viewing experience. I also think Epic Goal should have some kind of "perk" like an animated emoticon or something to incentivize the casual viewer to tip this way.

Upvote 0
I also think Epic Goal should have some kind of "perk" like an animated emoticon or something to incentivize the casual viewer to tip this way.
Agree with everything else but not this. :)

One of the things I like about SC i show "clean" the interface is with few animated gifs and all of the other visual pollution that sites like CB allow / encourage.

Reactions: Jairoman and NotYou
Upvote 0
Agree with everything else but not this. :)

One of the things I like about SC i show "clean" the interface is with few animated gifs and all of the other visual pollution that sites like CB allow / encourage.

It doesn't have to be animated, but I think it would be more helpful to have some kind of incentive or something that distinguishes it from any other form of tipping. Even temporarily flashing the goal on screen showing that the tip has moved the goal closer to being reached.

Upvote 0
It doesn't have to be animated, but I think it would be more helpful to have some kind of incentive or something that distinguishes it from any other form of tipping. Even temporarily flashing the goal on screen showing that the tip has moved the goal closer to being reached.
That happens already. if someone tips for the epic goal it is displayed differently in the public chat.

Upvote 0
I think it has been proven on MFC that the animations that come with MFC Alerts (little graphics pop on screen for certain size tips) actually increases the frequency and amount of those tips. I know it bothers some, but when it comes down to it, the guys who come to tip hoping for attention or tip wars seem to really like the extremely visual acknowledgements that come with that sort of thing.

I proved this on my own stream back in like 2011 when my husband made an interactive "Cootie Board" that made an animation when ppl tipped a specific amount (before charlesbot, mfc alerts, or even automatic countdowns existed on MFC). People in my room would LITERALLY ONLY TIP when I had those graphics available. They would admit they'd save their tips for when I had that active.

It's a proven thing. So it may bother some of you, but it's a proven thing to drive more money to your fave models. Don't be too fast to shit on it.

Upvote 0
I think it has been proven on MFC that the animations that come with MFC Alerts (little graphics pop on screen for certain size tips) actually increases the frequency and amount of those tips. I know it bothers some, but when it comes down to it, the guys who come to tip hoping for attention or tip wars seem to really like the extremely visual acknowledgements that come with that sort of thing.

I proved this on my own stream back in like 2011 when my husband made an interactive "Cootie Board" that made an animation when ppl tipped a specific amount (before charlesbot, mfc alerts, or even automatic countdowns existed on MFC). People in my room would LITERALLY ONLY TIP when I had those graphics available. They would admit they'd save their tips for when I had that active.

It's a proven thing. So it may bother some of you, but it's a proven thing to drive more money to your fave models. Don't be too fast to shit on it.
Oh, and if your fave model has an "epic goal" I imagine she's ultimately hoping for pretty BIG tips to help it, and a lot of times people who drop big tips appreciate the attention in the room! Hopefully @Charlie_SC and/or @xChloe read what I've written above and take it as some form of research into the topic. :) It is nearly a decade proven to be a positive thing to give big tips, or tips toward an epic thing, some sort of extra attention.

Upvote 0
I have a couple suggestions - a couple really straightforward ones and then another that I'd be interested in hearing the model perspective. I think it has some benefits but I may be missing some drawbacks

The straightforward ones:

• Have private rates and full tip menus visible when the model is offline - either in the profile or the room. This would allow users to budget and plan to see that model and be sure to have the tokens they need for everyone to have a good time
  • Ability to view model profile without entering their active room. Would be useful for users to see if the model is a "fit" before entering the room and getting PMs from the model. I can understand if this is not desired though (maybe the current functionality is set up to force more interaction between user and model)
  • Incorporate Lovense control console into the SC platform vs. opening a new window to use. Maybe it is just me, but I find it really clunky to do domi or lush control on a tablet, which is how I experience SC 95% of the time. The view window for the model gets too small once you open a second window for the Lovense control panel
  • Ability to sort tip menu items by header (would basically be alphabetical, ascending price and descending price). This one is pretty minor, as 99% of models have very manageable tip menus but that 5% have menus as long as a Cheesecake Factory menu. Would just make it faster to find tippable items during the stream
My more controversial idea comes from some functionality EBay has where you can search/sort by auctions ending soon. The result is that EBay sellers have a last chance to move items and buyers can look at possible "deals." My idea is if you could click a link on the left-hand menu and see room goals where their completion was are under some threshold, maybe 25 tokens. People like to meet the goals and like to maybe get a "bargain," and I have seen on here that models really don't like to see goals sit out there with some small threshold to meet them - it gets a little sad to see some really great goal sit at 6 tokens to completion for 45 minutes after a lot of really good work has been done to whittle it down.

The pros as I see them are that it would be another way to expose users to new models and for models to have a chance at bringing in new fans. I liken it to the option to see current privates that one could spy on - I have become a regular tipper for more than one model I found this way. It would also help models meet more goals and not let them get stale (so they could add a new, bigger goal to entice tips). I have a feeling there may be drawbacks - like I don't know if models want some rando swooping in at the end to meet goals their regulars have been working on for a while (I think most regulars like help though). Would love to hear other feedback - I have a feeling I may be missing some big "cons" from the model perspective

Just as an aside, I started frequenting camsites relatively recently and I chose SC because I thought the interface and ease of use were the best of the ones I looked at. Overall, I think the usability and functionality of the site is very good. I do think finding support and getting an answer could be better at SC though
I found your ideas interesting & well thought out. I just have one possible negative to the idea of having a countdown for models nearing completion of goal. It would be a dream come true for those lurking, scouring rooms who have no tokens or intentions of tipping Any Models, frantically trying to find Good shows. It will make freeloading pastimes so much easier. The model will get a sudden increase in viewers most (all?) of whom will quickly leave for the next close goal countdown without spending a token. Unless I'm overlooking something, imo, I think this might not provide the benefits to models hoped for. I enjoyed reading your ideas. 🙂

Upvote 0
I noticed that sending videos from my profile with a description in mass messaging has improved my video sales so I was thinking that giving models the ability to add short descriptions to their videos would be benifical. I don't forsee needing more characters than allowed in mass messages. Im not 100% sure if this is already an option or not but I think that when a member recieves free media via messaging there should be an option to add it to their profile where it's easily accessible like recordings and purchased videos. I offer a video bundle for all of my videos on my tip menu and I send them through private messaging. If this isn't already an option I feel members may feel discouraged from purchasing my bundle because they will have to search for the content. One other thing I think may encourage videos sales are tags much like what we use on our stream specifics.

Reactions: iva_handfull
Upvote 0