AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

ABC - always be chatting

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lilithvalentine

Cam Model
Jul 17, 2017
Twitter Username
@ghostgirl1_3
Chaturbate Username
ghostgirl1_3
Pretty straightforward advice. I see some cam girls here not talking or letting it fall to silence in their room and I think that's the wrong play.

Talk, talk, talk, this ties into all the stuff about being yourself cause if you're not talking how can people see the real you?

Think of this as a combination twitch stream/sex show. Sure, you can be hot and get tipped for bouncing on a dildo, but the people that will stick around are those that you actually connect with, and the basis of connection is Vulnerability and conversation.

ALWAYS
BE
CHATTING

Pretty straightforward advice. I see some cam girls here not talking or letting it fall to silence in their room and I think that's the wrong play.

Talk, talk, talk, this ties into all the stuff about being yourself cause if you're not talking how can people see the real you?

Think of this as a combination twitch stream/sex show. Sure, you can be hot and get tipped for bouncing on a dildo, but the people that will stick around are those that you actually connect with, and the basis of connection is Vulnerability and conversation.

ALWAYS
BE
CHATTING
Totally, at the end of the day, everyone can make sexual stuff, but there is only one of us, and that's what's make the difference and make members stay with you

from a guy's perspective - agree 100% and can't say it enough. i know some models who used to have fun chatting in between requests and/or goals, but recently hit what they perceive to be a dry spell on chaturbate, not seeing the tokens they saw before. their response was to become more serious, and hyper focused on any purple user that wandered by, and they stopped conversing the way they used to, feeling like that was somehow taking away from the business side of things. What they don't realize is the new and unfamiliar silence in their room is only making things worse. that lilght hearted approach to chatting and the atmosphere of camaraderie among the regulars, and the model herself, was a HUGE part of why the tips would end up flowing. I don't know if they just didn't realize the importance of that, or maybe their anxiety over a reduction in income just clouded their reasoning.

I really do agree, as a viewer it always feels much more welcoming to join a room where there is chat going on.
But I do understand where models are not comfortable enough with conversational English to chat well, and those are the rooms where you tend to see alternating explicit activity and then outward appearance of boredom.
It definitely limits the earning potential, but that doesn't meant it's unsuccessful.

from a guy's perspective - agree 100% and can't say it enough. i know some models who used to have fun chatting in between requests and/or goals, but recently hit what they perceive to be a dry spell on chaturbate, not seeing the tokens they saw before. their response was to become more serious, and hyper focused on any purple user that wandered by, and they stopped conversing the way they used to, feeling like that was somehow taking away from the business side of things. What they don't realize is the new and unfamiliar silence in their room is only making things worse. that lilght hearted approach to chatting and the atmosphere of camaraderie among the regulars, and the model herself, was a HUGE part of why the tips would end up flowing. I don't know if they just didn't realize the importance of that, or maybe their anxiety over a reduction in income just clouded their reasoning.
Silent room is definitely not good, but I've seen models talk most of their shift with "regulars" who never tip, and I doubt it's good for business

Special circumstances:
-user tips just to keep model happy, doesnt need anything in return, no chat, no action
-user tips for conversation

For the rest, most income is made from performing not from chatting.
Speaking instead of writting is the best, model can perform and chat at the same time
For chatting, english or a language that is known by your users is a must, doesnt have to be english.( 2 girl Turkish team, one chats out of cam, one only performing, made 12.6k followers in first 2 weeks as a new model easily, speaking turkish and using translator for some - many models have moderators, is not the same but can get close, depending on the relationship between them)
The more an user will write, the less he will tip. (Personal opinion) of course after he tipped enough, the chat is more worth, to create a bond, and somehow make him return.

As a user/member: I do like two different things:
1) chatting with model and regulars on the public, tipping for games/music/random things. Chatting about random things, having fun together.
2) chatting with model in private, random conversations, just sharing things like who we are, what we do, what do we like, just meeting to each other. I met so amazing girls. At the end, they're also humans!

I do my best to have fun with respect, tiping/privs as much as possible, and trying to not disturb them if I'm free of tokens.
Saying that, generally I do that being regular to just few models.

A silent room is never a good room, so yes, you need to be vocal and engage with the members that are in your room, because people will enjoy that more than just seeing you type.

I am lazy and usually don't like to force myself, but I am training on becoming slightly more talkative, however, I don't think that is doing anything much since I'm showing less naked parts of me (because I didn't like it) so I don't attract users visually, so if they don't enter they don't hear me. So, most of the time I am talking to myself and it makes me feel strange ahem. (My English level is conversational).

Protip on sites that have hidden messages (like Streamate with invisible messages only you can see): if the room is quiet, you can pretend to answer a question and can bring attention to something on your tip menu or what you offer in content/vids/customs/private shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.