AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Abnormally low traffic

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 30, 2021
Hello girls,

I started to cam last november. Despite camming few times I got only one "good" traffic day with 100 people (it was the maximum amount of people I got and I had my "new" tag").

On that very day I got 820 followers and approximately 1300tk (I don't even know if this is a lot for a beginner, probably not), and since then I'm having a very hard time to get decent traffic on my room, it doesn't go higher than 11-13 people (mostly anon). I stream on HD+ and perform striptease and dancing.

Is that normal or should I create another account to get the "new" tag again? I turned out wasting my tag because I didn't have appropriate equipment at the time. Also I see a lot of people saying a traffic of 300 people is not much, so maybe my account have some kind of glitch? I don't know if I should contact support 😢 If someone could give me a tip it would be really helpful - Thank you very much!

you dont need the new tag again. you can grow your follower base without it. time for the grind, bb. lots of us have climbed from the abyss of the backpages after losing new model status. it aint easy, but from my personal experience it can be done! here are my sparx notes.

if you are having low/crap traffic. recommend adding more eggs to your basket. split streaming, clips, affiliate marketing, sexting, phonesex, social media (twitter or reddit) or subscriptions. that way you can grow your brand on different platforms.

how many hours and how often are you streaming? recommend creating a consistent streaming schedule and sticking to it. what's your setup like? webcam and lighting do you use? you dont need to have the best webcam, but update your lighting. may that be putting 12 table lamps behind you. there are so many youtube tutorials now since work at home became more of a thing.

figuring out your niche also will help. you'll figure out more as time goes on what sets you apart from other models or specialize in. sometimes its something you didnt even realize you could do. ex: sex act, a toy, a personality, a gimic.

always ask/or request for follows, favorites, tags, ratings whatever your site offers that will help boost you. i chose to do so after everyshow or compliment. if someone took me to private, i would tell them to rate me 5 stars, not ask. if someone complimented me something, i'd say thank you, please tag me that and favorite me! you can advertise rate 5 stars and get a thank you video.

Hi,
Have you noticed any changes in the last 2-3 weeks, regarding the income from streamate? I'm worried, thank you in advance for your answer

Hi,
Have you noticed any changes in the last 2-3 weeks, regarding the income from streamate? I'm worried, thank you in advance for your answer
I have noticed a slight dip for me, but not too bad. However with the 2 bonus events and then the contest for the next 9 days, things are going to drop a lot. Last night, for example, I made 1/5th my usual hourly. I'm realistically expecting the next 9 days to be dramatically lower. Hourly always cuts by about 50% for me contests events (that have no hourly minimum or bonus), but bonus events combined w an hourly minimum contest event usually means a way, way more dramatic cut for me. And if last night was anything to go by, then I'm afraid the next 9 days are gonna be super stressful. That's the pattern I always notice, and what is happening w me anyways.

On MFC where I am more of a new model, I noticed a dramatic dip in my earnings the last 2 to 3 weeks.

Last edited:
Things do seem slower for the last month or so for those I know. Not sure what to attribute that to. The economy isn't all that great right now in the US (which is the bulk of user traffic to these sites). With gas, food, and other prices going up a lot, many people are cutting back on unnecessary expenses. Netflix, Disney, etc., other online entertainment services also all reporting bad numbers as a result. Weather is getting nicer now too and more people getting out and doing other things. I know I have been.

In general, I find that we can come up with a reason to explain slowness at any time if we try. The reality is that this is a volatile line of work, it can be feast or famine for anyone for any reason at any point. Getting caught up in week to week earnings is, I think, focusing too much on the micro. Compare month to month. If you see a steady decline, then change something up. Add in new streams of income, change your advertising strategy. The money will always be out there, but we always need to be ready to adapt and create new ways of extracting it.

Talking about traffic, can someone tell me please on streamate ...a model is promoted first 2 weeks >? i have a friend started a week ago and shes doing great but i wanna know if its becouse she might be promoted new or is always that good :) thanks!

Talking about traffic, can someone tell me please on streamate ...a model is promoted first 2 weeks >? i have a friend started a week ago and shes doing great but i wanna know if its becouse she might be promoted new or is always that good :) thanks!
30 days. But i wouldnt dismiss her success quite yet because of her new model status. Streamate is a total different site than token based.

30 days. But i wouldnt dismiss her success quite yet because of her new model status. Streamate is a total different site than token based.
Thanks so much!

If she's your friend she can't tell you why she's doing so well? :)

If she's your friend she can't tell you why she's doing so well? :)
she said she started 1 week ago., and is going well .. i told her is posible becouse of beeing new , i never used streamate and i dont know if there is new flag and for how long ,...thats why i asked .. usually on all the sites first 15 days the new models are doing good if site promote them ..before she was working on livejasmin and was very slow for her now she is in shock how good shes doing in first week on streamate .. but lets see after promotion if it will stay same ..

What other sites are you on? Besides streamate and chaturbate, I know them. I'm interested in choosing another site that will work a bit. I still need to supplement my income with 300$-500 $. I'm from Europe, I read that the traffic is different for European models compared to other more developed countries. And who knows ))) maybe I'm not as good as other girls. I have been working in the industry for 5 years, i have some experience . I'm realistic that I will never reach a few thousand a month, but I need this supplement, at least still 300 $ per month. They have all become more expensive in my country and I need to have a little better income. Thank you in advance and have a beautiful day !

What other sites are you on? Besides streamate and chaturbate, I know them. I'm interested in choosing another site that will work a bit. I still need to supplement my income with 300$-500 $. I'm from Europe, I read that the traffic is different for European models compared to other more developed countries. And who knows ))) maybe I'm not as good as other girls. I have been working in the industry for 5 years, i have some experience . I'm realistic that I will never reach a few thousand a month, but I need this supplement, at least still 300 $ per month. They have all become more expensive in my country and I need to have a little better income. Thank you in advance and have a beautiful day !
I am not on streamate. I am on Chaturbate and Stripchat wich is very good for extra incomes .

Reactions: Charlie_SC
Tips have slowed but that happens during the non-peak times. And the economy sucks.... As a male its diff b/c I have a diff fanbase, but yeah its dipped a bit. Work twitter real hard, its seemed to help

Grind it out... if u even gain 50-100 followers/week, 3-4 of em may turn out to be consistent tippers when they have money. thats 10+ new tippers per month.

Last edited:
I have noticed a slight dip for me, but not too bad. However with the 2 bonus events and then the contest for the next 9 days, things are going to drop a lot. Last night, for example, I made 1/5th my usual hourly. I'm realistically expecting the next 9 days to be dramatically lower. Hourly always cuts by about 50% for me contests events (that have no hourly minimum or bonus), but bonus events combined w an hourly minimum contest event usually means a way, way more dramatic cut for me. And if last night was anything to go by, then I'm afraid the next 9 days are gonna be super stressful. That's the pattern I always notice, and what is happening w me anyways.

On MFC where I am more of a new model, I noticed a dramatic dip in my earnings the last 2 to 3 weeks.
I have noticed that since that bonus week started, since Friday, the traffic and the customer have changed on SM too... I've never seen such a rude idiots and cheap ones on this page since last Friday. I'm new on this page..I think that SM does this "special events" on purpose cose they know that the traffic will be shit? What is the reason that this changed? Xx

I have noticed that since that bonus week started, since Friday, the traffic and the customer have changed on SM too... I've never seen such a rude idiots and cheap ones on this page since last Friday. I'm new on this page..I think that SM does this "special events" on purpose cose they know that the traffic will be shit? What is the reason that this changed? Xx
Yes, it's mostly always like that for contests. It's even worse for bonus events, and contests with a 25 hour minimum. So it's especially brutal this week because there's 9 days with 4 bonus days, leading into a contest with a minimum.

On the positive side, it's now halfway over :party:

Personally (this is just my opinion and speculation) I think they plan these events during times when it was slow past years, and when it would have been slow anyway. So it helps the site (I guess?) to have more models logging in and trying anyway, but it's really hard for models. I've taken the last 4 days or so off (from live streaming), but I'm gonna have to work from Wednesday onwards. Usually, if I can avoid contests and bonus events entirely, I do, but this month I can't. They are roughly one week per month, every month, for the next while. The top 1000 ones with no hourly minimum are slightly less brutal though. If I am able financially, I try to focus mainly on clips, or other sites for that week, otherwise I get burnt out working 2 -5 times as hard for the same or less money.

(I wetn into this the first night thinking I'd give it a go, but my hourly was 1/5th it's usual average amount, and I just don't have the physical energy for that this week).

Sorry to write a novel, but this s an important topic to SM models, and if I was new it would throw me for a total loop.

Last edited:
Pre-pandemic our average income on Streamate alone was around $2000 per week.

It gradually declined and we branched out to multi streaming as the decline was happening.

Don’t rely on just one platform. Stream on multiple similar platforms and get a second camera for private based sites to avoid nudity.

Invest in yourself and equipment and you should see a return.

Pre-pandemic our average income on Streamate alone was around $2000 per week.

It gradually declined and we branched out to multi streaming as the decline was happening.

Don’t rely on just one platform. Stream on multiple similar platforms and get a second camera for private based sites to avoid nudity.

Invest in yourself and equipment and you should see a return.
I know I'm late to the thread but I just wanted to thank you for suggesting a 2nd cam for private sites...genius. thanks :)

Reactions: anabeauty37
this may sound daft but how does having a second camera work? i guessi am confused as to how i can have both cameras going at same time. i want to try tho :)
Basically you’d have a camera for Streamate, which wouldn’t show below waist.

And then you’d have Chaturbate and StripChat on another camera and if someone tips for below waist nudity, you could do it without worrying about breaking the rules on Streamate.

Summertime is the end of the fiscal year, and many sectors panic in it, not just webcam. Many clients wish to hibernate and turn off paid campaigns.
Those who grind through it however, know that page position is not all of it. There’s brand position, which you can definitely kickstart yourself. People who will look for you on a search engine wouldn’t and shouldn’t give a damn about your first page webcam site position, their intent is to engage by now:) Demand generation and branding—->harvesting the demand in the cam room later. It works in B2B, and I honestly think it can work in webcam.

Reactions: Bella-White
It’s easy to get caught up in the viewers game. But I’ve seen that viewer amounts doesn’t mean a lot. When me and my bf started camming together we’d go to the top of page 1 for sure every time we broadcast with 2000-3000 viewers which is about as much viewers as male models can get. But only a few guys would tip and it would sometimes take long to make goals. I don’t like to spend more than 2 hours online at a time so I would get frustrated eventually.

Eventually I took a break from broadcasting and my bf decided to start broadcasting on his own. He goes on almost every day at the same time and his goal is almost always met within an hour or two. Sometimes even 30min. He never has more than 40 viewers. His regulars are always there and every other day a new guy pops in and drops his whole wallet.

I’m getting into broadcasting again this week also on my own and I’m nervous as hell as it’s been a few months and I gave my old account to my ex.

So I guess don’t worry about low traffic but focus more on building a quality relationship with your regulars or those that are likely to tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.