AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

? about amazon gift lists

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2014
out of this world
Twitter Username
@rowdyrizzo
Tumblr Username
rowdyrizzo
Chaturbate Username
rowdyrizzo
Does anyone have suggestions for keeping trolls of my amazon gift list? I love amazon, I use it for everything. I frequently add things to my wish list and purchase them for myself later but lately I've had an abundance of trolls "purchasing" things from my wishlist, which they cancel later in an attempt at getting a free show. The only problem is the item doesn't reappear in my list and I lose things and sometimes don't even realize it! UGH. Would the keeping my gifts a secret setting prevent them from coming off my list? Or any other setting/ suggestion that could help resolve my problem?

Omg some people have done the same thing to me before -_-
Next time don't give away anything until you have recieved the item.
I just have a e-gift card on my wishlist now, all they need is your email to send, this way is easier as you get the money instant.

Omg some people have done the same thing to me before -_-
Next time don't give away anything until you have recieved the item.
I just have a e-gift card on my wishlist now, all they need is your email to send, this way is easier as you get the money instant.
fortunately I don't give shows until the gift is received but its still obnoxious to have my items removed in an attempted scam. ill try secret gifts option and see if that helps keep them on the list

Reactions: XTCKitty
its more of a "hey hon I'm on your wish list and just purchased gifts, how about you show me ___" then cancel the order. the items don't go back on the list
But they can get your address just the same. Just letting you know. Amazon and third parties give it to buyers. No way around it. So stop having an address on there altogether and only accept egift cards. Itll stop stuff from disappearing and will stay there till you remove it. Keep yourself safe above all else.

But they can get your address just the same. Just letting you know. Amazon and third parties give it to buyers. No way around it. So stop having an address on there altogether and only accept egift cards. Itll stop stuff from disappearing and will stay there till you remove it. Keep yourself safe above all else.
this is probably the best and safest way other than resorting to a P.O. box but I'm trying to add e gift cards to my wish list now and they're not allowing me to add it just purchase... what am I doing wrong lol

Ahh fuck looking into it more it seems a few months ago they stopped allowing you to add the egfit ones to a wishlist anymore. Only the mailed ones. Not sure why they did that. Its stupid. So unless you had it already on your list you cant do it anymore. You have to pick the mailed ones which negates not putting in an address.

Good advice.
It has been posted on ACF a few times before. Yet, Amazon is still widely used by cam models, even those on ACF. Why?

Also what's wrong with deliverycode.com? It seems idea but it's rarely mentioned.

Last edited:
Good advice.
It has been posted on ACF a few times before. Yet, Amazon is still widely used by cam models, even those on ACF. Why?

Also what's wrong with deliverycode.com? It seems idea but it's rarely mentioned.

Delivery code just isn't as widely known yet. But it's much safer, and ideal for cammodels.

Reactions: Teagan
Good advice.

Many models use P.O. Boxes or mail forwarding services/mail receiving services. I'd imagine most ACF girls don't use their home address. (Also why I've noticed, both on the receiving end and giving end of gifts, that sometimes the package will have arrived long before the girl even knows it's there, lol.) I think for more established models (including most ACF girls), we already know about all of the Amazon address issues and everything else, and have found a way around it/to feel safer with it.

Delivery Code is still upcoming, imo, so a lot of people don't know or necessarily want to spend on a site they're unfamiliar with. It seems great, though, and like a cool idea.

That said, for any model, ultimately a wishlist is never as important as your safety. But I'd assume most girls who are on ACF often are very aware of the risks, and manage them to a level they're comfortable with

If you don't offer anything in exchange for gifts and don't thank people until gifts arrive, you won't really get trolls. Let gifts be gifts if you are going to give people the option.

If you do a search for "amazon" or "wishlist" there have been a lot of discussions on this.

Don't do anything until payment is in your hands physically.

I agree with July. You can't put gifts into your savings account or pay your bills with them. And if you're on MFC, diverting members away from tokens won't help your camscore and thus traffic. IMHO gifts should be gifts and just for fun. Unless maybe you need something important in a pinch.

I gave up on exchanging goods/services outside of MFC, it was too much work too negotiate/deal with problems. And the member would be spending less money while I had to do way more work for payment that could only be used in one place, didnt help my score and could be easily charged back. No thank you. Why expose myself to that much trouble when the site offers a safe way? If someone truly wanted to do something nice for me, they would ask.

@rileyrizzo If someone "purchases" something from your wishlist you should still be able to see the item when you filter your list to "purchases" only.

Then just click on the item and re-add it to your wishlist. Boom! It's at the top of the list. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.