AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

ACF mentioned in article by DailyDot

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh...

I am AmberCutie. This forum is AmberCutie's Forum (ACF). Some day, people will learn how to credit that. You don't "go to ambercutie" to post stuff. You go to her damn forum.

Totally amateur writer, here.

"I was on AmberCutie the other day and read xyz". No, no you were not ON ME. Dammit it's such a pet peeve.
Here's the writer's site: https://katefustich.com/

Am I the only one who thinks there wasn't much substance to that article?
"Camgirls get uncomfortable sometimes. Some of their members are pervs. Oh no!"
Okay. And what about it? The one person they talked to, Jessica, didn't honestly sound like she was comfy camming in general. Talking about the weather is creepy? I mean, I guess if I think they'll try to use that info to find my location but it's not creepy in and of itself. A little off topic maybe, but no creepy.

I'll be honest though. Everytime they referred to this as "AmberCutie" I giggled. That's just poor research right there.

I just couldn't resist.

I wasn't that impressed by the article. It doesn't fit my perspective from several years as a site user and as a moderator. The models I have dealt with appeared to have good control over their rooms. One model has asked me to moderate for her. She uses the term "husband" as code. Its a bit of fun pretending. I never ever do anything before asking her first but some moderators do act as stated in the article. There are a few offensive users but other users shut them down. It wouldn't stop a model being hurt.

Models I have dealt with are certainly not victims as portrayed. However in certain countries with the structure of the industry they do not get a big share of the site payout and sometimes get nothing if they didn't reach some threshold.

Privacy is an issue for both parties but there are many indiscreet people use those sites. I have been allowed into the personal lives of two but in both those cases the models work was known to family and friends.

Psychological vulnerability is a big thing since without going into details some models have has terrible experiences in their lives. But I don't know if it would be higher than the proportion across the population. I suspect it would.

The two models I'm closest too like their moderators around to help them feel safer. But sometimes I wonder if it's just to get more money from their moderators. Who knows. Its their job to make money in any way they can. They are often very tough because they have to be. But underneath like most of us with hard exteriors there is vulnerability.

That's just in response to a few parts of the article.

Well. Clearly that model is in the wrong industry. Feeling creeped out just by being asked about the weather? Or she needs to not be a nude model. The piece, as a whole, is woefully under-written and lacks any real depth and makes sweeping generalizations between token sites and private based sites, which are two very different beasts. This just shows that the writer has no idea what they're talking about.

Hehehe and the writer is getting super defensive. Now she knows how SWers feel when stupid journalists keep invading our spaces and writing lazy articles.

I really hate the way this article makes this forum sound.
"AmberCutie, a message board where cam girls congregate to talk shop, is filled with thread after thread of complaints against viewers."
"Sites like Reddit and AmberCutie are populated with horror stories and warnings about the more serious consequences of camming, particularly in the case of professional cam girls who also use platforms like Twitter and SnapChat to promote their work."

Wtf? Most of the threads I read here are very positive and helpful. There are many threads that don't even have to do with camming. It just makes it sound like a place girls bash customers rather then the helpful community it is. And yes, I have read some "horror stories" but they are few and far between.

I read the article twice and still can't figure out how "The internet is leaving cam girls vulnerable". Why because cam girls get unwanted/creepy comments? You should have heard some of the stuff guys would say when I was a waitress..... give me a break. I can block guys with one click lol.

i skimmed this and it just sounds like every other uninformed article about sex workers that was written by someone who isn't one. sigh. i find it ironic how they try to demonize the big sites/managers/bosses for exploiting us and yet they use us as clickbait to draw attention to their crap articles that do more harm to us than good (but they get paid i assume)

I rolled my eyes so hard at this bullshit opinion based article. I had to quit reading.

1. I don't like that people are reporting on our work anyway. What is the purpose here other than to clickbait or cause controversy?
2. When they do, it's always grasping for straws trying to skew us in whatever opinion they have.

It's still slut shamey, which is fine. If you're going to do that, conduct a real experiment with real data though, please. When are we going to see serious psychology or sociology experiments that are released to the masses on facebook that are conducted in a true scientific fashion, with true randomization, and most importantly: ENOUGH SAMPLE SIZE!

??

@Aella needs to start working for buzzfeed or whatever other random company this is. Her surverys are not perfect by any means but her efforts are so much more apparent than any of these hopefully first year graduate 'reporters' writing this garbage based on this 'research'.

Why mention ACF if they didn't even run into Aella's surveys and results?

Real impressive, real impressive.

Folks, this is called BAD SCIENCE.

Last edited:
It sounds like it was a "hit piece" to give the bible thumpers and the religious-right politicians something to whine about.

Naw looking at her twitter and skimming the rest of the stuff she has written, she is a good liberal, I'm sure she considers herself a feminist.

The US Army invited Rolling Stone along for an embed - backfired a bit on General McChrystal, but a damn good series came out of it. Wonder if Katie would sign up to do an in depth.

Why talk about the article if not to find a corrective action? Just giving it free promotion

I rolled my eyes so hard at this bullshit opinion based article. I had to quit reading.

1. I don't like that people are reporting on our work anyway. What is the purpose here other than to clickbait or cause controversy?
2. When they do, it's always grasping for straws trying to skew us in whatever opinion they have.

It's still slut shamey, which is fine. If you're going to do that, conduct a real experiment with real data though, please. When are we going to see serious psychology or sociology experiments that are released to the masses on facebook that are conducted in a true scientific fashion, with true randomization, and most importantly: ENOUGH SAMPLE SIZE!

??

@Aella needs to start working for buzzfeed or whatever other random company this is. Her surverys are not perfect by any means but her efforts are so much more apparent than any of these hopefully first year graduate 'reporters' writing this garbage based on this 'research'.

Why mention ACF if they didn't even run into Aella's surveys and results?

Real impressive, real impressive.

Folks, this is called BAD SCIENCE.
I don’t think it was trying to be scientific or like a research article or anything.

The article was a hot garbage mess and I don’t even really know what the point was? The internet is scary? The final line where she’s like “I’ve learned a lot about computers” - as you should when a computer is your entire livelihood. The expectation (sites should stop viewers from recording me) vs the reality (how the fuck do u plan on making that happen) is so ridiculous. I’ve been told since I was a literal child, don’t put things online if you don’t want them there forever. Everyday we see people face consequences for their online behaviour. It sucks but it’s part of how we use the internet and wanting the best of both worlds then blaming the sites for not providing that is ludicrous to me.

For all the mentions of AmberCutie, it would’ve been nice if they mentioned what a good, supportive peer resource it is. I felt like they didn’t acknowledge that at all which is kind of silly to me if you’re trying to be informative.

Naw looking at her twitter and skimming the rest of the stuff she has written, she is a good liberal, I'm sure she considers herself a feminist.

Yeah, it's kind of like why I don't tell my friends/fam what I do, even though they're liberal and not religious. They'll think it's super dangerous and just... sad.

Because ya know, there's no other industry where front of house staff make less than the corporations.

Fuck, waitresses deal with as much shit as we do some days (been there,done that), at least we deal with it in an environment that is explicitly sexual on purpose.

Jessica sounds like the person that is going to come out of sexwork regretting it. She doesn't lay down boundaries and she seems to be uncomfortable. I would say she is incredibly vulnerable because she doesn't have the right mind or attitude for camming. So yeah, she is going to assume her customers are creepy. Most of my guys are super sweet and nice. Sure some can be super awkward, but I think that's because they don't have much experience with talking to women. Or nerves. When pretty girls talk to me, I start talking nonsense too.

Katie seems like she has a narrative, and Jessica fit her story. Why would she want to talk to cammodels that have had positive experiences and can challenge her? She was pretty dismissive towards criticism.

Because ya know, there's no other industry where front of house staff make less than the corporations.

Fuck, waitresses deal with as much shit as we do some days (been there,done that), at least we deal with it in an environment that is explicitly sexual on purpose.
I was a waiter and a bartender for many years, there is a valid point in what you say.
We are all a subject of objectification sometimes, especially by vanilla crowds who receive services from us on their day off.

Status
Not open for further replies.