AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Advice for new models

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
I'm pretty sure you can choose not to see these Twitter DMs in your general inbox. They come through mine as DM requests and I can view them before accepting the message and interacting with the freeloader sending them to me. (They are always freeloaders). Is that how it's working on your end or are they all flooding into your inbox?

That’s how it is on mine too, the reason I always reply at first is because I want to be accessible and maybe turn them into clients....guess that’s just a pipe dream though. Lol

That’s how it is on mine too, the reason I always reply at first is because I want to be accessible and maybe turn them into clients....guess that’s just a pipe dream though. Lol

I hate to agree with you but...yeah that's a pipe dream. I only make myself accessible to people who are already paying for my content. People who slide into my DMs wanting to roleplay or asking for more photos (because they're jerking it to retweet threads, btw) aren't salvageable lol

Not sure where to put this, and don't want to create an unnecessary new post.
I would love to (eventually!) get verified model status but I have no plans to do live cam shows. I started a manyvids store and I'm working on a paid snap, but shows would be hard for me because 1. I live in close quarters with a roommate who who does not have a predictable schedule and 2. though we have decent upload speed, our internet is extremely flaky.

Anyways, my point is: can clips-only girls get verified?

Not sure where to put this, and don't want to create an unnecessary new post.
I would love to (eventually!) get verified model status but I have no plans to do live cam shows. I started a manyvids store and I'm working on a paid snap, but shows would be hard for me because 1. I live in close quarters with a roommate who who does not have a predictable schedule and 2. though we have decent upload speed, our internet is extremely flaky.

Anyways, my point is: can clips-only girls get verified?
No sorry, maybe some point in the future I'll have a private section for clip makers. For now you have to have an active camming profile on MyFreeCams, Chaturbate or Streamate. Or cams.com but no one really uses that site anymore and I'm thinking of removing it as a section/option anyway.

I particularly love the part about making small amounts of cash is do-able. As someone who is a "part-timer" it gets annoying when blogs say yOu WoNT maKE AnY mONeY or inversely the "Camming=millionaires". I just want realistic numbers and information, which you gave. So, thank you!

Reactions: JigglesJane
I just discovered Revengestar or Persephone on YouTube. She has a lot of really great advice on many genres and facets of the industry. She’s really smart, HILARIOUS, and leaves no stone unturned.
Noteworthy** She has a very thick accent (but a firmer command of the English language than most native speakers), but if that isn’t an issue, I think she’s a pretty great resource.

Reactions: karalynn1
I just started reading this forum and what you post is amazing... thank you so, so much for sharing all this! It's really helpful.
I'll try to be a good newbie ^^'

This Post is not only bustling with transparent advice but invigorating for a failed cam model trying to plan for a comeback. I did make more money in less time than i was used to with other 'normie' jobs but the hard work is important when it comes to building a career.

Great post! After coming back to MFC from a long break, I really needed this! I will be doing my first show tomorrow on my new MFC account.. glad to have picked up some new tips!

I'm so glad I've found this forum before starting camming and specially this post with all your helpful comments as well! One of the most important things I learned so far it's regarding choosing the best platform. I was about to dive-in on Cam4, since based on my amateur judgement it was one of the main websites and the most user-friendly, with clean and nice look. MFC would be my last option because the platform is so visually polluted that it's hard to guide myself there. Why would people want to pick that one having other nicest websites to navigate? Until I figure out in this forum that Cam4 is actually one of the worst sites since its user-friendly platform attracts a crowd of viewers who only wants to watch and won't tip. So yeah, choose the platform that is better for the model, not for the general viewers! ;)

I don't know if anyone can answer this, but figured I'd ask. I'm mixed race, and occasionally white-passing depending on lighting, time of year, and the person looking at me. I expect to get a few questions as to what my heritage is, but for me it is a very personal thing and not something I'd share super easily with strangers.

Essentially, should I market myself as white, even though it's not true and could be consider deceiving? Or should I market myself as mixed/ethnically ambiguous, and be vague about what I actually am?

Thanks to anyone who responds!!

I don't know if anyone can answer this, but figured I'd ask. I'm mixed race, and occasionally white-passing depending on lighting, time of year, and the person looking at me. I expect to get a few questions as to what my heritage is, but for me it is a very personal thing and not something I'd share super easily with strangers.

Essentially, should I market myself as white, even though it's not true and could be consider deceiving? Or should I market myself as mixed/ethnically ambiguous, and be vague about what I actually am?

There is no need to market yourself as any one ethnicity. Why don't you just cam as Brynn? People will always ask if you look exotic enough but you can deflect the question with humor or say you aren't comfortable giving specifics. Either way, I get the question constantly and it's usually from a place of curiosity.

There is no need to market yourself as any one ethnicity. Why don't you just cam as Brynn? People will always ask if you look exotic enough but you can deflect the question with humor or say you aren't comfortable giving specifics. Either way, I get the question constantly and it's usually from a place of curiosity.

That's a great point, thank you! I tend to overprepare and overthink everything, so it's good to hear that my ethnicity doesn't have to be part of my marketing. Thank you for responding!

Sometimes it's easier to just put everything you want to reveal about yourself in your bio, as well as your response to questions you know will come up a lot, and direct people to that when they ask questions you don't want to answer. Other times when I don't want to answer a question I'll just reply with a joke or I'll just let it be a mystery.

Omg I literally had this same issue! I am mixed (3/4 white & 1/4 black) but everybody just assumes that I am some sort of "exotic white girl." Nobody ever would think I am black, but every now and then people will misread me as a pale arab or latina. I used to put my full ethnicity in my profile, yet people still would ask me "what are you?!" literally every cam session. So it is just easier for me to say I am white with a little African rather than getting too much into the details. I don't think it makes that much a difference in people's perception of you unless they are like racist. But if they are racist, then I would not want them in my room anyways lol.

As others have said: You can be whoever you'd like. That's a kinda really cool part about this work, you create your persona and you get to decide all the details down to any tiny bit of info you want to define. Or not. Whatever makes you feel comfortable and happy in the role is what I think you should do! You're lovely. You'll have no trouble, whatever you decide, as long as it makes you happy to be marketing yourself that way so that you can put your best effort into it.

Omg I literally had this same issue! I am mixed (3/4 white & 1/4 black) but everybody just assumes that I am some sort of "exotic white girl." Nobody ever would think I am black, but every now and then people will misread me as a pale arab or latina. I used to put my full ethnicity in my profile, yet people still would ask me "what are you?!" literally every cam session. So it is just easier for me to say I am white with a little African rather than getting too much into the details. I don't think it makes that much a difference in people's perception of you unless they are like racist. But if they are racist, then I would not want them in my room anyways lol.

It really helps to put yourself in the mindset of the typical tipper... these aren't millenials, these are boomers and many of them are europeans. They aren't familiar with the etiquette of dealing with people from different ethnicities simply because this topic entered mainstream conversation very recently. I am living in Europe now and I have a 45 year old neighbor and she was telling me how she had never seen a black person until she was 20 years old. Imagine that. So some of these tippers are men in their 40s, 50s, 60s, from very ethnically homogenic societies who ask this out of curiosity and also to show interest in the other person, just to make conversation, it never occurs to them that this could be rude or awkward at all.

And I will give you an example... I grew up in a community with very wealthy people and one of the things my grandpa taught me when I was just a kid is you never ask other people what they do for a living. This is because in affluent circles it's really rude and awkward to ask someone else this question. People in general tend to ask this question to others without thinking twice because /most/ people have a very homogenic circle of 9 to 5 workers or freelancers at most and you ask this out of curiosity or just to make conversation. But in affluent circles this is a question that makes everybody uncomfortable. Old money people don't work, they don't do anything "for a living" and now you put them in the uncomfortable position of having to come up with an occupation. Others have very non-traditional income that is difficult to exlpain in a social setting, and some will feel like you are asking this cause you want to get something out of them. A middle class person will have the best intentions when they ask a group of people what they do for a living without knowing they are irking TF out of everyone. Same thing with boomers in camrooms.

It really helps to put yourself in the mindset of the typical tipper... these aren't millenials, these are boomers and many of them are europeans. They aren't familiar with the etiquette of dealing with people from different ethnicities simply because this topic entered mainstream conversation very recently. I am living in Europe now and I have a 45 year old neighbor and she was telling me how she had never seen a black person until she was 20 years old. Imagine that. So some of these tippers are men in their 40s, 50s, 60s, from very ethnically homogenic societies who ask this out of curiosity and also to show interest in the other person, just to make conversation, it never occurs to them that this could be rude or awkward at all.

And I will give you an example... I grew up in a community with very wealthy people and one of the things my grandpa taught me when I was just a kid is you never ask other people what they do for a living. This is because in affluent circles it's really rude and awkward to ask someone else this question. People in general tend to ask this question to others without thinking twice because /most/ people have a very homogenic circle of 9 to 5 workers or freelancers at most and you ask this out of curiosity or just to make conversation. But in affluent circles this is a question that makes everybody uncomfortable. Old money people don't work, they don't do anything "for a living" and now you put them in the uncomfortable position of having to come up with an occupation. Others have very non-traditional income that is difficult to exlpain in a social setting, and some will feel like you are asking this cause you want to get something out of them. A middle class person will have the best intentions when they ask a group of people what they do for a living without knowing they are irking TF out of everyone. Same thing with boomers in camrooms.

I grew up very poor familly of farmers. And i still find very rude to ask people what they do for a living. I think its more like an self education thing. And i see it like people asking this they always expect something from you , and they somehow see you better than them so they want to take advantage of your possition no matter witch one is , or to have something to gossip further.