AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

"All self-respecting women want to be thin"

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2011
Anglais
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...oman-wants-stay-beautiful-needs-diet-day.html

Has anyone read this? It's astounding :eek:

For anyone who doesn't know who Samantha Brick is, she's a journalist who writes for The Daily Mail in the UK. The Mail is a hateful, right-wing newspaper that revels in offending people who are neither racist, sexist, nor stupid. Brick became internet-famous a few years back for writing an acrticle in which she claimed women hate her because she's beautiful. She was widely mocked for being delusional.

Maybe her latest article is her wreaking petty vengeance on womankind, maybe it's an article designed purely to bring The Mail's website additional hits as word of mouth spreads and more people hear about the article, or maybe Samantha Brick is just really, really insecure. My money's on the latter.

In the article she claims that all self-respecting women want to be thin, and that any woman who isn't as skinny as she is, has failed as a human being. She also believes that men don't find women who aren't thin attractive and that it's harder for a larger woman to be successful. She also agrees with her husband when he tells her that if she ever gains weight, he'll divorce her. Her husband is overweight. The whole thing is just an astonishing insight into the damaged psyche of a woman projecting her own insecurities onto womankind.

And I'm like ROFLing at the title of all this woman's articles.

"Sorry, some women ARE too ugly for tv"

"Independence? A career? Who needs them! A husband who prizes your looks, not your mind is the key to a happy marriage"

"I snoop on my man's emails because I don't trust other women, says Samantha Brick"

"The cult that tried to take over my life"

"My anguish at being childless at Christmas: Samantha Brick fled a nativity play in tears... the only present she's bought this month is for the child she yearns to have after years of trying"

"There are downsides to looking this pretty': Why women hate me for being beautiful"

"How could a well-educated TV executive let her addiction to psychics cost her £25,000 and ruin her marriage? Samantha Brick's story.."

HAHAHAHAHAHA
omg.
what.

GET ME SOME BROWNIES! NAOW!

Chellelovesu said:
"My anguish at being childless at Christmas: Samantha Brick fled a nativity play in tears... the only present she's bought this month is for the child she yearns to have after years of trying"

I dont wish infertility on anyone but I sincerely hope she never reproduces. Imagine the self-image issues and eating disorders her children would most likely develop....what a nut case.

AnaVictoriaXO said:
Chellelovesu said:

I dont wish infertility on anyone but I sincerely hope she never reproduces. Imagine the self-image issues and eating disorders her children would most likely develop....what a nut case.

I included that one because it was so out of place among the others.
its like this
bullshit
bullshit
bullshit
bullshit
awe sad
bullshit
bullshit

Although yes, I do hope that she doesn't reproduce. Not to wish pain on her or her husband, but no child should grow up believing that women should be treated the way she and her husband do. It would be a toxic environment to raise a child in.

mynameisbob84 said:
In the article she claims that all self-respecting women want to be thin, and that any woman who isn't as skinny as she is, has failed as a human being. She also believes that men don't find women who aren't thin attractive and that it's harder for a larger woman to be successful.

Actually, humans are programmed to find women with a little more fat on them to be more sexually attractive. Very few times in history has a woman being very thin been considered ideal beauty, mostly because a woman who has more fat and curves on them are more likely to be able to carry and bear a child with more ease.

Most women who are underweight or even very thin have problems with regularly menstruation and therefore conception, being able to carry to a child to full term, or have more complications than a woman who is average weight or a little larger. I believe carrying on the human race is a key component to being a successful human being.

Of course, I believe all body types are beautiful definitely including thin body types, but just pointing out the flaw in her arguments. Though, studies have shown that larger women face more discrimination in the work place, much like she is propagating, which does make their advancement harder than it would for someone thinner.

I follow an extreme low-calorie diet four times a year - one each season. I lose at least half-a-stone each time, though the side-effects mean that I don't have the mental or physical fortitude to work.

She must have been in one of her "low-calorie" cycles when she wrote that article.......because she doesn't have the mental fortitude for sure! An extreme low-calorie diet -AKA Anorexia?

The Daily Mail makes me :angry4:

It's a right wing, borderline fascist* Newspaper here in the UK. I wouldn't wipe my arse with it.

* own opinion

It makes me ever so slightly happy to know that nutjobs like her aren't all located in the US, but that happiness is drowned by the sadness/rage that the mentality she has exists anywhere.

This is the blonde woman married the the Italian mysoginist right? I haven't read the article, she makes me stabby. Just. No. I'm not a fan of Germaine Greer either, and these two have gone head to head in the media a fair bit. Love a good Greer fight.

mynameisbob84 said:
She's made a career off of this shit... :?
I wonder if I took a shit, wrote about it and tried to sell it if I could make more money than she does writing shit. :think:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I read this while shoveling macaroni and cheese into my face, and it's so stupid that I'm not even offended.

I'd also like to say that being fat has never held me back from getting what I want, whether it be sex, success, or pretty much any other aspect of my life. There's absolutely nothing wrong with my "self-respect".

If I were to ever find myself in the same room as this woman, I would eat her like a chicken wing (and probably still be hungry afterwards).

KaterinaPryde said:
I follow an extreme low-calorie diet four times a year - one each season. I lose at least half-a-stone each time, though the side-effects mean that I don't have the mental or physical fortitude to work.

She must have been in one of her "low-calorie" cycles when she wrote that article.......because she doesn't have the mental fortitude for sure! An extreme low-calorie diet -AKA Anorexia?

Anorexia isn't a joke.

I've had an eating disorder before, & I can promise no one I knew sad the things she did. An eating disorder classifies feeling poorly of yourself, but never holding others to the same standards. Most ED people I knew graded people on a far healthier end of the BMI spectrum as beautiful rather than the lower end. No one I knew with an eating disorder, including myself, have ever held their self to this high of standard, while degrading others. This is the absolute opposite of what those suffering from EDs go through and should never be classified as such.

What she suffers from is definitely a mental disease, though.

...are you sure this isn't like.... satire?

Or like a deliberate troll designed to get attention?

Cause women who really think like that don't phrase their beliefs in such an easily mockable manner.

Reactions: IsabellaSnow
Aella said:

Cause women who really think like that don't phrase their beliefs in such an easily mockable manner.

I thought the same but theres nothing of the rest of the rest of the site that would suggest satire.

Reactions: Red7227
Rose said:
mynameisbob84 said:
She's made a career off of this shit... :?
I wonder if I took a shit, wrote about it and tried to sell it if I could make more money than she does writing shit. :think:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
You write poetry and I'll see you in court! That's my stinky niche. :evil:

:lol:

Reactions: Rose
Aella said:

While much of it reads as satire, the Daily Mail is regrettably a very real thing. I do think the article is at least partially intended to inflame. Free publicity for the paper, the author gets to feel relevant for another fifteen minutes.

Reactions: MsAllyCat and Aella
I think most would agree that this woman is an idiot.
Referring to her as a journalist? Right.

Not meaning to poke a hornets nest, but;
"The Mail is a hateful, right-wing newspaper that revels in offending people who are neither racist, sexist, nor stupid."

Being that I am an evil gun-toting American, exposed to skewed "news" reporting every day in my country, I find the Mail Online to be an equal opportunity flame throwing news source.

Meaning, whether a right or left wing issue, if you fuck up, they report it.
:twocents-02cents:

GemmaMarie said:
KaterinaPryde said:

Anorexia isn't a joke.

I've had an eating disorder before, & I can promise no one I knew sad the things she did. An eating disorder classifies feeling poorly of yourself, but never holding others to the same standards. Most ED people I knew graded people on a far healthier end of the BMI spectrum as beautiful rather than the lower end. No one I knew with an eating disorder, including myself, have ever held their self to this high of standard, while degrading others. This is the absolute opposite of what those suffering from EDs go through and should never be classified as such.

What she suffers from is definitely a mental disease, though.

I hope I didnt offend you or anyone else with an eating disorder....I wasn't joking, not sure why you assumed I was.

Chellelovesu said:
This makes me want to eat like.
An ENTIRE bag of chips.
And a big soda.

Maybe some cheese fries.

I'm sorry, but with your Pam icon I just found this entire post amusing. Made my day.

And so did this article. I laughed. Wow. I have met more men that liked women with curves than without. Granted thin girls are beautiful... but the fact that she states that no girl who isn't thin could EVER be attractive? Just... lol!

TeaganO'Holloran said:
Chellelovesu said:
An ENTIRE bag of chips.
And a big soda.

Maybe some cheese fries.

I'm sorry, but with your Pam icon I just found this entire post amusing. Made my day.

And so did this article. I laughed. Wow. I have met more men that liked women with curves than without. Granted thin girls are beautiful... but the fact that she states that no girl who isn't thin could EVER be attractive? Just... lol!

The icon just makes everything I say 10x better :lol:

Chellelovesu said:
TeaganO'Holloran said:
Chellelovesu said:
An ENTIRE bag of chips.
And a big soda.

Maybe some cheese fries.

The icon just makes everything I say 10x better :lol:
I read all your posts as talking while you're on the potty. :shifty:

BlueViolet said:
mynameisbob84 said:
In the article she claims that all self-respecting women want to be thin, and that any woman who isn't as skinny as she is, has failed as a human being. She also believes that men don't find women who aren't thin attractive and that it's harder for a larger woman to be successful.

Actually, humans are programmed to find women with a little more fat on them to be more sexually attractive. Very few times in history has a woman being very thin been considered ideal beauty, mostly because a woman who has more fat and curves on them are more likely to be able to carry and bear a child with more ease.

Most women who are underweight or even very thin have problems with regularly menstruation and therefore conception, being able to carry to a child to full term, or have more complications than a woman who is average weight or a little larger. I believe carrying on the human race is a key component to being a successful human being.

Of course, I believe all body types are beautiful definitely including thin body types, but just pointing out the flaw in her arguments. Though, studies have shown that larger women face more discrimination in the work place, much like she is propagating, which does make their advancement harder than it would for someone thinner.

Study a little bit of anthropology? :)

Samantha Brick is one of those people who I'm pretty sure is deliberately writing this crap to get a reaction. She does seem like a pretty nasty person, but pretty much what she wants is fame and recognition over self dignity, which means she writes these ridiculous articles which the daily mail laps up. The daily mail is probably one of the most ridiculous newspapers ever.

Batman you shouldn't peg the paper down to the "middle classes" that makes you as bad as the paper. People of all classes read different papers. It just depends on the kind of person you are. For example, my grandparents on my fathers side read the daily mail, in fact their views actually mean I never speak to them. My grandmother on my mothers side reads the Times (I speak to her a lot). Neither of my parents read the Daily mail, even though we are all in the same class, same kind of upbringing. My mother did write an article for them once as they paid a lot, but I don't think she'd do it again however much they offered.
What paper people read has nothing to do with class, it's personal preferences. Anyone who says otherwise shares the same opinions as papers like the one they're slating.

BlueViolet said:
Though, studies have shown that larger women face more discrimination in the work place, much like she is propagating, which does make their advancement harder than it would for someone thinner.

This is true in men as well as women. When someone interviews they will often make a quick judge on presentation. If someone is overweight it is harder to be hired because from a professional point of view to a hirer, it shows low sense of presentation, low self control, laziness and lower health. These are all things that someone hiring will want to avoid. They don't want someone on their team who might be lazy, might be slower, doesn't care as much about presentation etc. It's a harsh judgement and not true of all overweight people, but, statistically it is, and if you were overweight from a medical condition, well, they'd probably want to avoid that too. I know several bosses who've told me there are two instant things that'll stop them hiring, someone being very overweight and a woman wearing a low cut top.

I don't watch big brother but recently I watched a bit about Samantha Brick and when she went to the big brother house. People hated her, they kept pointing out how she's really not that good looking, which she isn't.
One thing I hate about her is that you could write an article like that which might actually help people understand. I myself am often hated by other girls instantly because they fear me stealing their boyfriend, something which I'd never do. Girls treat me a million times nicer when I'm in a relationship. I also wouldn't mind it being acceptable to tell the world you're beautiful and not instantly get judged by it.
If I say I'm good at art no one questions it and starts hating on me, they go "oh cool!" they don't go "huh, well, there are better artists than you out there in the world." If I say "I'm pretty" everyone goes "alright then, don't blow your own horn!" and then thinks to themselves "god, she's not that attractive, there are loads better."

Unfortunately it had to be a twat like Samantha fucking Brick who writes these articles and tries to push back any progression in society.

Fortunately for everyone, most people worth speaking to avoid the daily mail like the plague.
I would also avoid the Sun, I know there's a page 3 girl, but seriously, you can see boobs on the internet, no need to read shit writing and bullshit stories for the sake of boobs.
In fact, I'd be wary of most english papers, The Times I think is the most trustworthy, possibly because it's not a money making paper and doesn't have the same kind of blown up stories the others have, it's the others that sell enough papers to pay for the Times.

Status
Not open for further replies.