AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Almost Certainly Another Scam

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 11, 2021
I know, I know... this topic pops up every day with another fool praying he’s actually found love. Today, I am that fool. I wanted to lay out some of my story and hope somebody can offer an objective opinion.

This is not my first rodeo. I’ve been using cam sites for a while and have never gotten attached. I have a relatively small group of regulars I visit (between 5-10). I am always polite and I tip well, so models are always very nice and welcoming. I don’t make demands and more often than not, prefer just talking with them.

but a few months ago, I happened upon a new girl that blew my mind. She was perfect. I had already finished up my “business” for the day and was just scrolling through the model page because I wasn’t quite ready to fall asleep. I threw her a few tokens, followed, and that was that. I don’t believe we interacted at all the first night.

The second night, I went in prepared. After exchanging pleasantries, she asked if I wanted to go private. Her private was very inexpensive so I agreed. She put on a fantastic show.

On the third night, we mostly just hung out. Not too much sexual stuff. She talked to me about her life and showed me pictures of her when she was younger and pictures of her family.

On and on we went for weeks and months. I would stop in her room most nights. We would talk a lot and I really felt like I was getting a sense of who she was as a person. She asked if I had an Instagram. I said no, but I had a WhatsApp.

From there, we were texting all throughout the day. Phone calls that would last hours. She told me sad stories but not the kind where she was angling for money. I got all the lines about me “being different” and her wanting to be “romantic with me in real life.” So I started planning a trip to Colombia.

I expressed my concerns to her that I was afraid of being made a fool of and having my feelings hurt. She assured me that would not happen. I told her how my friends reacted when I told them about her and that I understood their reaction because every concern they had, I had had myself. And I was worried that I just wanted it too badly that I was ignoring my instincts. She assured me I had nothing to worry about.

Fast Forward to her having a problem with her studio. She had expressed problems with them in the past. Also, side note, I had offered to buy her things I knew she wanted in the past, which she always politely declined. She would tell me to save my money so that I could come see her. She knows what I do for a living and that I am not a rich guy. She said that all I needed was enough money for the plane ticket and that she would take care of the rest.

so, back to her studio problems. She told me that they didn’t pay her when they were supposed to and that she didn’t have anything to eat for the next 2 weeks. So I, like an IDIOT, insisted that she let me help. I wired her money for groceries. Later that night, I see her on her cam, snorting coke and acting crazy. I felt pretty betrayed by this.

I know that I’m the stupid one for sending her money. But I care about her, even if our relationship has been based on a lie this whole time. She always would tell me that she loves me, but I would never say it back because I felt like then I would have absolutely no self-respect left. I was hovering so close to zero to begin with, which is probably how I found myself in this situation to begin with.

I don’t blame her, I never have. I’ve always blamed myself. I had found some inconsistencies in things she had told me in the past, but gave her the benefit of the doubt because of the nature of her job.

I had written an email to her early on, expressing my doubts and telling her that I planned on not visiting her room anymore, but never sent it. I was so afraid of allowing myself to get invested in a fake reality. I told her that I really needed her to be honest and not to fear that I wouldn’t come back. I told her I would still come and tip, but that I didn’t want any of the sweet fantasy talk if she wasn’t serious. She assured me that she was very serious about us.

I know this was extremely long but I really wanted to paint a full picture of what is going on. Everything I’ve read has said to ruuuuuuunnnnnn! And I can totally understand that on an intellectual level and why I should heed that advice. But I keep thinking that maybe there is the slimmest hope that maybe there is a chance.

On the third night, we mostly just hung out. Not too much sexual stuff. She talked to me about her life and showed me pictures of her when she was younger and pictures of her family.

This is super fucking weird and should have been an immediate red flag. By younger, I hope that doesn’t mean underage, because if so that makes all of that even more weird and actually creepy (not to mention a blatant violation of TOS). I would never show a member pictures of my family or me when I was much younger, no matter how long I’ve known them.

This all sounds like some 90 Day Fiancé, wanna get a green card, scam.

So I didn't read all of this (I'll revisit this later) because I'm in the middle of watching General Hospital, and it's on a commercial break. Lol. But seriously...what's the deal with cam girls showing customers pictures of their family??? This is the second time I've read a post on here about this within the past month or so.

what's the deal with cam girls showing customers pictures of their family???
It creates an artificial sense of trust/intimacy. Do I think it's a good idea? No. Does it accomplish the goal of making the client/mark feel some kind of way, and therefore more likely to take the action the performer in question desires? I'd say we have plenty of proof that it works right here on the forum.

It creates an artificial sense of trust/intimacy. Do I think it's a good idea? No. Does it accomplish the goal of making the client/mark feel some kind of way, and therefore more likely to take the action the performer in question desires? I'd say we have plenty of proof that it works right here on the forum.

Odd to even have to do all of that just to "connect" with a regular (And regulars come and go). Especially if we're talking about showing pictures of children. Maybe it works for now, but it's just a bad idea. I don't even think models who offer GFE (Girlfriend Experience) would usually add family photos into the mix? But I don't know.

What ever happened to connecting with each other by just talking about our day? Sharing our thoughts about a T.V. show/movie that we both liked? "This guy is so cool. Let me show him a cute pic of my mom holding my kid at the birthday party last week!" has never crossed my mind. Like folks say nowadays..."Weird flex," but okay. 🤷‍♀️

But I keep thinking that maybe there is the slimmest hope that maybe there is a chance.
There isn't.

Seriously, this is dumb shit you're going to be clenching your butt over for the rest of your life if you continue. Their MO is recognizable from so many other posts here as well as my own run-ins with some of the Colombianas, and their prize is either a steady stream of "emergency grocery money" or a ticket out of Colombia. There is nothing for you in Colombia. Not this way.

Reactions: melanieoncam
I know, I know... this topic pops up every day with another fool praying he’s actually found love. Today, I am that fool. I wanted to lay out some of my story and hope somebody can offer an objective opinion.

This is not my first rodeo. I’ve been using cam sites for a while and have never gotten attached. I have a relatively small group of regulars I visit (between 5-10). I am always polite and I tip well, so models are always very nice and welcoming. I don’t make demands and more often than not, prefer just talking with them.

but a few months ago, I happened upon a new girl that blew my mind. She was perfect. I had already finished up my “business” for the day and was just scrolling through the model page because I wasn’t quite ready to fall asleep. I threw her a few tokens, followed, and that was that. I don’t believe we interacted at all the first night.

The second night, I went in prepared. After exchanging pleasantries, she asked if I wanted to go private. Her private was very inexpensive so I agreed. She put on a fantastic show.

On and on we went for weeks and months. I would stop in her room most nights. We would talk a lot and I really felt like I was getting a sense of who she was as a person. She asked if I had an Instagram. I said no, but I had a WhatsApp.

From there, we were texting all throughout the day. Phone calls that would last hours. She told me sad stories but not the kind where she was angling for money. I got all the lines about me “being different” and her wanting to be “romantic with me in real life.” So I started planning a trip to Colombia.

I expressed my concerns to her that I was afraid of being made a fool of and having my feelings hurt. She assured me that would not happen. I told her how my friends reacted when I told them about her and that I understood their reaction because every concern they had, I had had myself. And I was worried that I just wanted it too badly that I was ignoring my instincts. She assured me I had nothing to worry about.

Fast Forward to her having a problem with her studio. She had expressed problems with them in the past. Also, side note, I had offered to buy her things I knew she wanted in the past, which she always politely declined. She would tell me to save my money so that I could come see her. She knows what I do for a living and that I am not a rich guy. She said that all I needed was enough money for the plane ticket and that she would take care of the rest.

so, back to her studio problems. She told me that they didn’t pay her when they were supposed to and that she didn’t have anything to eat for the next 2 weeks. So I, like an IDIOT, insisted that she let me help. I wired her money for groceries. Later that night, I see her on her cam, snorting coke and acting crazy. I felt pretty betrayed by this.

I know that I’m the stupid one for sending her money. But I care about her, even if our relationship has been based on a lie this whole time. She always would tell me that she loves me, but I would never say it back because I felt like then I would have absolutely no self-respect left. I was hovering so close to zero to begin with, which is probably how I found myself in this situation to begin with.

I don’t blame her, I never have. I’ve always blamed myself. I had found some inconsistencies in things she had told me in the past, but gave her the benefit of the doubt because of the nature of her job.

I had written an email to her early on, expressing my doubts and telling her that I planned on not visiting her room anymore, but never sent it. I was so afraid of allowing myself to get invested in a fake reality. I told her that I really needed her to be honest and not to fear that I wouldn’t come back. I told her I would still come and tip, but that I didn’t want any of the sweet fantasy talk if she wasn’t serious. She assured me that she was very serious about us.

I know this was extremely long but I really wanted to paint a full picture of what is going on. Everything I’ve read has said to ruuuuuuunnnnnn! And I can totally understand that on an intellectual level and why I should heed that advice. But I keep thinking that maybe there is the slimmest hope that maybe there is a chance.
I'm probably one of the most romantic, wanting things to work for one of these guys, people on this forum. But even I say run. This is full of terrible signs. I am sorry. I would try to replace the spot she has taken in your life with someone else ASAP. And not someone from a cam site. There are plenty of hot people on dating sites.

I'm so sorry that this has happened. Rip it off like a bandaid and don't look back! Seriously!

Odd to even have to do all of that just to "connect" with a regular (And regulars come and go). Especially if we're talking about showing pictures of children. Maybe it works for now, but it's just a bad idea. I don't even think models who offer GFE (Girlfriend Experience) would usually add family photos into the mix? But I don't know.

What ever happened to connecting with each other by just talking about our day? Sharing our thoughts about a T.V. show/movie that we both liked? "This guy is so cool. Let me show him a cute pic of my mom holding my kid at the birthday party last week!" has never crossed my mind. Like folks say nowadays..."Weird flex," but okay. 🤷‍♀️
Seems like the majority of these love scammers/etc. who do this tend to be international so perhaps the safety concerns are lessened by the distance. I agree with you 100% though. Not a good plan for anyone.

Edit: And yeah, if kids are included, that's even worse.

What on earth is going on with all these Columbians lately? This must be the 10th story ive heard since Xmas about a scam from Columbia. I never used to hear anything about Columbian models, infact I didnt think there were many till recently!
It used to be Romania...

What on earth is going on with all these Columbians lately? This must be the 10th story ive heard since Xmas about a scam from Columbia.
It's imo just lopsided statistics. Considering there are about 1000 Colombian cam models online on StripChat alone at any given time of the day, 10 stories isn't much. There is the odd Colombiana whose red flags you can spot from a mile away (i.e. after about the 5th chat message), but the rest is in my experience no different from any other cam model. Besides, cam site users rarely take to the forums to write complicated stories about the great time they had with them last night.

(And I was not paid by a Colombian studio to write this 😜)

It's imo just lopsided statistics. Considering there are about 1000 Colombian cam models online on StripChat alone at any given time of the day, 10 stories isn't much. There is the odd Colombiana whose red flags you can spot from a mile away (i.e. after about the 5th chat message), but the rest is in my experience no different from any other cam model. Besides, cam site users rarely take to the forums to write complicated stories about the great time they had with them last night.

(And I was not paid by a Colombian studio to write this 😜)

Exactly. The vast majority are totally fine (or at bare minimum, they’re not overtly trying to con anyone). It’s just that when a legit bad experience happens, this is a popular landing spot for people looking to tell the story, IMO. And as you said, people don’t always rush to message boards to say “I visited three models today and all three were fine.”

I’d compare it to visiting a beachside restaurant and wondering why there’s so much seafood on the menu. It’s not that there is a sudden a seafood epidemic. It’s just the right environment for it, I guess.

don't see many Colombians typing, they are usually doing a full show in public. And at least it's my impression that there's a much better chance of a meeting going as expected in Colombia than making it out of Eastern Europe with all of your organs.

It's imo just lopsided statistics. Considering there are about 1000 Colombian cam models online on StripChat alone at any given time of the day, 10 stories isn't much. There is the odd Colombian whose red flags you can spot from a mile away (i.e. after about the 5th chat message), but the rest is in my experience no different from any other cam model.
I had to stop chatting to a number of Colombian models, because too many red flags. 5 out of 6 rooms I am a regular in are Colombians (I guess I have a type) and one Russian. All current 6 are studio models, as were the ones I stopped following. So I guess it is a % thing.

What? It's Weird Stereotypes Day or something? 🙄

He definitely hasn't been holding back lately on his feelings towards "studio models" and Columbians.

Update*

I decided to go down with the ship. I sent her what she needed to help her go independent. By all appearances, she has done exactly that. And while I’ve read up on some of the more intricate scams these studios pull, it really seems unlikely that it’s a con. At least, a con being orchestrated by the studio. I may still be getting played.

But I decided to take a chance, because if I didn’t, I think I would really regret the “but what if it was real?” I can live with losing some money because I was stupid. After all, I’ve spent more money on dating women irl that never went anywhere.

Later that night, I see her on her cam, snorting coke and acting crazy.
Good of you to help her, so let's hope she can keep her composure around a heap of money.
I did something similar to you around 3 years ago, i.e. sent money via WU so she could eat. Two days later she shows up on cam with new nails, new stripes in her hair and proudly displaying an extra tattoo. That was the end of a lot of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.