AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Am I Too Late In the Game?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 12, 2016
Twitter Username
@RealSweetieStar
MFC Username
Sweetie_Star
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/538987/Sweetie_Star/
***BACK STORY; FEEL FREE TO SKIP***
So I started off camming on MFC in Feburary 2016.

I look at 2016 fondly, everything and every top model made me all starry and glassy eyed. I admired Ashe_Maree, Kati3kat, and PumpkinSpice.

I began camming and loved it from the start, it was way better than my first fast food job that i was still working at while camming.

I had cammed for about 7 months before having to quit because of a moving situation that would've left me with no place to cam privately. I was also dealing with depression during that same time, and decided to get a vanilla job delivering pizzas.

Fast foward to a year later, 2017. I decided that slinging pizzas isn't for me anymore so I go off and start camming on the side. I ended up quitting again 5 months later because i was stupid and wasn't aware of the Summer Time Slump. So i go and get another job again.
***END OF BACK STORY***

Now, 2018, I've decided enough is enough and that this time i was gonna try for sure! I made myself a brand new account on MFC, so i would get that shiny 'New Model' status, and really grab life by the reigns. That was late April when I came back. I also, quit my vanilla job shortly after when i loved camming again.

I've gone through my first Summer Time Slump without quitting! it's made me want to, but I persevered. Now i'm a depression free, motivated, full time girl. My only problem is now, I struggle with making tokens. September was really hard for me, as was the entire summer except for August, when I attempted to try for a measly rank of top 3000 ( I finished somewhere like 3800). But back in Sept. i had to cam for 8 hours to make 600 tokens. and to be frank, I find that to be absolutely horrendous.

I don't know how to get new people to tip or to even stay for that matter, my current group of regs has a mix of tippers and broke people, more heavy on the broke side. Many aren't broke for being too stingy, they are all premiums, but have reasons for brokeness (i.e., medical bills or surgery, having cancer, etc). Sure, I could tell those people to gtfo for not tipping, but honestly their company is nice to have when my tipping regulars don't show up when I'm online.

I don't know if my constant off and on again history with camming has killed my chances to be successful, sometimes i kick myself for not sticking out when MFC was at its peak in 2016.
Room counts are really pissing me off too, when I first cammed, i had 3-4 guests at any time and about 3-4 premiums to match. Now i have rooms of 3 premiums but 16 guests.

What can I do?

Having a consistent schedule on mfc is important to keeping and building regulars. If your already doing that and the schedule your working is not producing steady enough income take a couple weeks and work a different time slot. Sometime you can do everything perfectly by the book and still fail, mfc is a fickle creature and it seems to require a bit of luck on top of everything else.

I also recommend trying out multiple sites to find what fits and works best for you. Chaturbate and Streamate are the 2 others I’d recommend. Also having some sort of social media like twitter so
You can announce when you will be on. Other things to consider are making clips and uploading them to mfc share, manyvids or c4s. Getting your name and brand out there more may help bring more paying tippers.

Advertise yourself on Twitter and Instagram (follow Chaturbate and other users that RT for free and tag them).

I don't know how to get new people to tip

On the rare occasions that I log onto MFC, I have a new tipper reward. It's really old content, but it's content they don't have. Depending on the amount, I give them either a picset or a video.

Having a consistent schedule on mfc is important to keeping and building regulars. If your already doing that and the schedule your working is not producing steady enough income take a couple weeks and work a different time slot. Sometime you can do everything perfectly by the book and still fail, mfc is a fickle creature and it seems to require a bit of luck on top of everything else.

I also recommend trying out multiple sites to find what fits and works best for you. Chaturbate and Streamate are the 2 others I’d recommend. Also having some sort of social media like twitter so
You can announce when you will be on. Other things to consider are making clips and uploading them to mfc share, manyvids or c4s. Getting your name and brand out there more may help bring more paying tippers.
I've attempted chaturbate once, and didn't really like the UI of it, it felt really confusing. I've debated debuting on ManyVids live thing, and try to see if I can stir up some interest there.

Work on being entertaining to the point that people can’t leave your room without feeling like they will miss out. Combine that with staying on cam for very long streams (6-7 hours each) and you will build up a viewership and regulars. Tokens are the by-product of being entertaining.

I've attempted chaturbate once, and didn't really like the UI of it, it felt really confusing. I've debated debuting on ManyVids live thing, and try to see if I can stir up some interest there.
I did mv live once and it was crickets. Granted I didn’t stay on very long and it was unannounced In the middle of the day but my guess is right now you need to being your regs for it to be of much use. Sounds like your favoring public based sites... I’m really going to push you to Streamate bc it can provide stable income while you build your audience on mfc.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I am relatively new on MFC, but I've been on streamate for a few years. I have no consistency on mfc at all, and I suck at twitter- but I can usually make tokens if I'm on at really weird non peak hours. I'll jump on if I have a couple hours during the day or morning and do alright. Not sure if that helps, but maybe the top ladies arent on when I get on, like 10am on a Tuesday. I second switching up your hours.

• Helpful!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
Status
Not open for further replies.