AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Amazon Wishlisters beware

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Do you have a Wishlist posted on your page?

• Yes

Votes: 19 63.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 36.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

eleveneleven47

Inactive Cam Model
Apr 28, 2015
California
Twitter Username
@Char_ElevenMFC
MFC Username
Char_Eleven
So someone came in my room and purchased 8 high ticket items from my wishlist. I called Amazon's Wish List dept to see if they really were purchased. The answer was "NO, they clicked Buy from another Vendor(? or whatever)"

If you don't know, what that does is shows the item as Purchased but doesn't actually purchase the item. Just a heads up in case someone is feeling generous--at a cost.

I'm really sorry this happened to you :(

It is common knowledge and an important tip new camgirls should be aware of. I think a thread on this has been stickied, if not it should be! :)

I've said this before but don't call amazon about these things. You're violating their TOS by using your wishlist for transactions with strangers, their wishlists are meant to be used with friends and family so phone calls or emails about this are a pretty big red flag that you're using them incorrectly.

Amazon really doesn't like camgirls and have been known to delete wishlists. I know a lot of girls want to believe it's slut shaming but I'm betting its alot more likely that the average Amazon user doesn't tie up support resources worried that they've been duped and camgirls just create extra hassle for them in situations like this.

eleveneleven47 said:
i didn't mention anything about being a camgirl or chaturbate or anything like that, i was very vague.

A non-sexworker isn't going to be receiving gifts from strangers. They've had experience with enough camgirls doing just what you've done that they probably know right away. Just be careful, be on the lookout for scammers and don't give anything in return until you've received something. Assume all gifts are fake until they're in your home.

What I do is have items listed on my Amazon wishlist so guys can see what they can purchase for me BUT I do not list an address or anything else.

Therefore, Guys MUST purchase an Amazon E-gift card. The gift card is e-mailed to you instantly. Apply the gift card to your account first to make sure it went through (or that he didn't use it himself right away or something). Then, you can proceed with whatever service you two agreed upon in exchange for the giftcard.

Put the gift card on your wishlist and in the "notes" list your e-mail (an e-mail associated with cam girl work only) as to where to send it to.

Hope this helps!

Miqote said:
What I do is have items listed on my Amazon wishlist so guys can see what they can purchase for me BUT I do not list an address or anything else.

Therefore, Guys MUST purchase an Amazon E-gift card. The gift card is e-mailed to you instantly. Apply the gift card to your account first to make sure it went through (or that he didn't use it himself right away or something). Then, you can proceed with whatever service you two agreed upon in exchange for the giftcard.

Put the gift card on your wishlist and in the "notes" list your e-mail (an e-mail associated with cam girl work only) as to where to send it to.

Hope this helps!

1. Sometimes they take a bit to get sent. It's not always immediately.

2. Even once you redeemed the gift card to your amazon account (do be on the look out for fake ones people will send to you as well) the guys can still get a refund. Up until that money is spent from your account they can get one. So it's not enough to redeem and send them content, you have to redeem, spend it, then send them content.

I have amazon. For a long time I only accepted e gift card but now i have it open and including 3rd party sellers. I use an address with a town miles away from mine :)

However I am transitioning all my guys over to Delivery Code who are a great, reliable, UK company. I think most of stripperweb has one now lol. Here is my wishlist http://www.deliverycode.com/wishlist/408 The beauty of it is people can also 'vote' for you, and every 10 clicks is $1 that goes into your account balance :D Post yours here when you sign up and we can all click and vote x

xKatieBabyx said:
Post yours here when you sign up and we can all click and vote x

I would suggest posting in the Delivery Code Thread instead since that would be on topic and this thread will soon fade into the abyss with all of the other Amazon Wishlist scam threads!

Teagan said:
Miqote said:

Hope this helps!

2. Even once you redeemed the gift card to your amazon account (do be on the look out for fake ones people will send to you as well) the guys can still get a refund. Up until that money is spent from your account they can get one. So it's not enough to redeem and send them content, you have to redeem, spend it, then send them content.

I apologize for the misinformation - I didn't know they could still get a refund prior to me spending the money from the gift card that has been applied to my account. Thankfully, that's never happened to me.

Teagan said:
Even once you redeemed the gift card to your amazon account (do be on the look out for fake ones people will send to you as well) the guys can still get a refund. Up until that money is spent from your account they can get one. So it's not enough to redeem and send them content, you have to redeem, spend it, then send them content.

Wow, I never knew this! Good looking out, Teagan. I always thought that once you "redeem" a gift card to your account, you're good to go.

Teagan said:

How is it possible for them to still get a refund ?

When i sent one, then go into my orders, all i see is the option to archive it, not doubting its not possible just curious to know what they do so when a model asks me i can give the answer and how the assholes do it.

Koolguy321 said:
Teagan said:

How is it possible for them to still get a refund ?

When i sent one, then go into my orders, all i see is the option to archive it, not doubting its not possible just curious to know what they do so when a model asks me i can give the answer and how the assholes do it.

They contact support. It's really pretty simple.

Reactions: Teagan
So someone came in my room and purchased 8 high ticket items from my wishlist. I called Amazon's Wish List dept to see if they really were purchased. The answer was "NO, they clicked Buy from another Vendor(? or whatever)"

If you don't know, what that does is shows the item as Purchased but doesn't actually purchase the item. Just a heads up in case someone is feeling generous--at a cost.
Yea had a guy pull that non sense with me.. Then he was like I purchased so give me a show..

I could be wrong, but I believe one way to spot a fake one is that it will try to open up/download a pdf.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I could be wrong, but I believe one way to spot a fake one is that it will try to open up/download a pdf.
Correct. The gift card code should be in the body of the email, where you can copy it and paste it into your Amazon account.

Status
Not open for further replies.