AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

An attempt at Positivity at MemberBlasts

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 3, 2017
USA
curiouscat.me
Twitter Username
@MemberBlasts
As discussed on another thread, we are trying out a weekly #OnPoint contest where Members can nominate a Model for excellence, and Models can nominate Members for excellence as well.

Looking for actual nominations with WHY you think they should win the title for the week.

Still determining if the final choosing will be decided by us internally, or will be some kind of public vote/poll. Likely the former, especially since we don't know how many nominations we'll receive - and how hard it will be to weed out any sarcastic/non-genuine items.

As always, our DMs are open and we are always open to feedback / suggestions / constructive criticism.

Received nominations for some Models so far - but still looking for Models to nominate some Members. If you've got a Member you think is #OnPoint, please DM us and let us know.

I have members i want to nominate but I also know they'd LOATHE the attention...

I have members i want to nominate but I also know they'd LOATHE the attention...
Yea, we don't want potential "poaching" going on - we're hoping it's more along the lines of "this member did an awesome thing or went above and beyond" - showing gratitude and reinforcing the fact that Models do appreciate Members beyond "pays me well", and vice-versa.

Is there an alternative you would suggest that still is Member-Positive but Models would feel more comfortable sharing and spotlighting?

Yea, we don't want potential "poaching" going on - we're hoping it's more along the lines of "this member did an awesome thing or went above and beyond" - showing gratitude and reinforcing the fact that Models do appreciate Members beyond "pays me well", and vice-versa.

Is there an alternative you would suggest that still is Member-Positive but Models would feel more comfortable sharing and spotlighting?

er its nothing to do with poaching, more to do with the personal preference of the members in question. The things i was thinking of were nothing to do with tipping habits, but far more to do with the kinds of people they are. And I know they'd kill me if i put their name in something like this. LOL

I've seen your twitter a few times and have always cringed at how this page is operated. For example, in one curiouscat answer, you called a cam girl a "psychopath". Plus, what is your page? Is it a twitter account or just a page to link us to a curiouscat page? It makes everything hard to read.

I applaud the sentiment, but I agree with Miss Lollipop. I am pretty outspoken both on the forums and in chat on MFC. I'll even (against my better judgment) get involved in a Twitter arguments. Nor, I'm really embarrassed about being a customer on MFC. All that said there is a lot of stuff, I do on MFC that I'd prefer to remain anonymous. Some of it's even nice!
Part of me would be flattered if I was nominated, but I'd be genuinely annoyed if I saw my name on your feed, unless the model contacted me first. Frankly, if you had 200K follower rather than 200 odd, I'd absolutely not want my name to appear.

It's a very serious thing to call someone who you just dislike/disagree with. Half of their posts are about one girl in particular. So it's very targeted.
While I understand that the one model they target often IS a very serious offender of the "bad camgirl" faux pas, and a lot of their followers ARE a huge handful of her biggest harassers... sometimes they do have really good replies to people who are just out to bash on cam girls. I would not have posted them here if I thought they were 100% bad.

The model in question is stormy/pumpkinspice/katsumi who is known among the community to be quite a bit toxic. Hell, she got banned from ACF Model's Only section before she even posted anything due to her interactions with fellow models in the community on twitter and MFC mails. But even as that being the case, I don't think she deserves to be harassed or doxxed, so I wish @MemberBlasts would be more wary of the twitter accounts they associated with (beys, bruce, whim and others whom have seriously pushed the boundaries over the last 2 years) but in the greater picture they do have an overall neutral vibe between member/model qualms.

While I do like the idea of promoting members who have done something special or models who bring a smile - a quick glance through your Twitter honestly makes me not want to associate with this page. I love promoting positivity, but I think you might have to do a little more than a weekly shout-out to balance it out. If almost every tweet I see is talking the toxicity of a certain model or which members are scammers or fighting with trolls... You're going to get a reputation as a negative page. I get that you're trying to help the community, but if you have a tag called #UnfollowFriday, I'm pretty sure you're going to have to do a lot more if you want to be seen as positive. Like... For every negative scammer post you do, consider posting a positive one. And don't even reply to the posts about models/members being put on blast without proof. Even though you're saying you won't without proof, you're still publishing the accusations and giving them credence, and it doesn't look much better than an official blast post. I dunno. I get what you're trying to do, but considering your Twitter is aimed at exposing others for being terrible people, and so that's all you post... I think it's going to take more than a single positive post every week to gain a positive following.

Because if all you post is negative, and when it seems like you are targeting a model in particular, that's not really a Twitter that a lot of people are going to want to be Promoted on, y'know? I dunno. Those are my random maybe-constructive criticisms. I mean, I'd really love a corner of the internet where it is devoted to the positive actions of members and models, and I totally dig that concept. I just think you need to take it a little further if you want to accomplish the goal your title suggests.

I haven't done anything special for a long ass time, but if there is a cash reward for greatest member I would love to be included. :) #voteN_I_C_U

(if there is no cash involved, I would prefer to stay anon).

Last edited:
Because if all you post is negative, and when it seems like you are targeting a model in particular,
The biggest problem I think is that the biggest base of their followers that even know about them is associated with Stormy's biggest haters, so they get a huge bulk of their complaints from people who associate with them.

I wish I could help @MemberBlasts find a more neutral overall territory. Until they do, the majority of their complaints are gonna be centered around the same couple/few models for the most part.

The biggest problem I think is that the biggest base of their followers that even know about them is associated with Stormy's biggest haters, so they get a huge bulk of their complaints from people who associate with them.

I wish I could help @MemberBlasts find a more neutral overall territory. Until they do, the majority of their complaints are gonna be centered around the same couple/few models for the most part.
Dang I said the word "biggest" so many times. Can I get a cookie?

I do feel relieved when I read what you wrote - that they do a good job at maintaining a neutral position as best that they can. That wasn't the impression I originally got from first scanning through, but since I don't know any of the models being blasted (well, now I do!), I definitely trust your opinion about whether things are warranted or not. You're one of the most impartial people I know, so hearing your view on it does make me feel better! And I totally get your point - if all they do get is complaints from certain members, I can see how that can skew the feed towards a tone they don't exactly what to portray.

So hopefully by increasing the positive shout-outs to balance out the negative, it'll seem more like a neutral place! So yeah. Yay for pushing towards more of a neutral position! I definitely suggest more than one positive shout-out per week! Maybe you can do a few mini shout-outs every week, and then those shout-outs can be the nominations that compete for the weekly title, which will overall produce a lot more positive tweets? You can decide internally whether it is genuine enough to post, and then the community can choose amongst them? So it's a mixture of both of your ideas? By also encouraging the community to vote, it'll feel more of a neutral position too? I dunno. Does that even make sense? Rambles!

Reactions: AmberCutie
I first want to say that I think it is admirable the account seemingly posts everything they receive. I think in terms of redundancy they do post too much about a particular model and honestly a couple of others. I have no true opinion of of Stormy/Pumpkin/Names et. al, she doesn't appeal to me, so I have no purpose to explore her room. I do feel that whatever issues the Camming World both Models and Members have against her have been fully exposed. There isn't really any new ground being covered.

That said, and I know where I'm posting and what to expect. I don't feel that anything that looks at the Camming World and discusses the negatives gets a fair shot. All of the various member twitter pages aimed at this topic/area have been considerably hindered by the reactions to the information being posted. It is one of the many reasons I enjoy posting here because it does seem to be more civil, and understanding. Yes there are probably trolls and others exaggerating issues. But, it doesn't mean that this community is without faults. It doesn't mean that members don't have valid concerns/complaints/ or overall dissatisfaction with the product. Camming is intended to be an enjoyable experience. So is going to the movies, a restaurant, a vacation and so forth.

But, if you have a bad experience at a restaurant or venue you can speak up on Yelp. If you have a problem with a hotel on a vacation you have Trip Advisor, and so forth. The difference yes is that Camming is more personal so it cuts a bit closer, but these pages have a purpose and a place and should be given more opportunity to exist without so much content being bogged down.

I definitely trust your opinion about whether things are warranted or not. You're one of the most impartial people I know, so hearing your view on it does make me feel better!

All of the various member twitter pages aimed at this topic/area have been considerably hindered by the reactions to the information being posted. It is one of the many reasons I enjoy posting here because it does seem to be more civil, and understanding.
Haha I get a fair amount of shit from fellow cam models for the fact that I am so impartial and allow members to share their thoughts so liberally. It's funny how this all works out. I mean, even our relative StripperWeb community thinks I'm a "troll" because I allow member perspectives here and don't censor everything that's posted.

I am always glad to hear that my efforts on this front are appreciated. I do want to create a warm and friendly environment for fellow cam models but I don't intend to create a false sense of security and happiness when part of our reality is that people DO have negative things to say a lot of times. I'll continue to take the monkey poo flung my way by peers in the industry for how I run things just to keep it a little more balanced than other "cam girl havens" that people are trying to create and maintain.

So in the big picture, that's why I don't automatically hate on accounts like @MemberBlasts when yes, they do post negatives, but also don't bullshit the people who have their complaints all wrong and their panties in a bunch for no qualifying reason.

Thank you all for the comments we've been seeing. We do understand that the main nature of our account is negativity in the sense of exposing scammers (on both sides of the equation) - and we do understand that a small piece of positivity isn't going to negate all of the negative stuff, but we do want to try and do SOMETHING.

Plus, what is your page? Is it a twitter account or just a page to link us to a curiouscat page?
The page linked is our CuriousCat, where we've seemed to get more info/inquiries than through our DMs, and have triggered more conversations. Our Twitter account is also listed on our ACF profile.

I wish @MemberBlasts would be more wary of the twitter accounts they associated with (beys, bruce, whim and others whom have seriously pushed the boundaries over the last 2 years) but in the greater picture they do have an overall neutral vibe between member/model qualms.
Thank you for the recognition that we're trying to be neutral.

I think in terms of redundancy they do post too much about a particular model and honestly a couple of others. I have no true opinion of of Stormy/Pumpkin/Names et. al, she doesn't appeal to me, so I have no purpose to explore her room.
We're a bit limited in the sense of "we talk about and investigate what is brought to us" - and if all that's being brought to us is information associated with a few people, that's all that will show up in the feed and then people think we're too heavily focused on them.

And don't even reply to the posts about models/members being put on blast without proof. Even though you're saying you won't without proof, you're still publishing the accusations and giving them credence, and it doesn't look much better than an official blast post.
We don't put anyone OnBlast without proof - and we only issue warnings of "AtYourOwnRisk" when we've been presented with a detailed or corroborated story and are awaiting proof. Yes, this can look to an outsider that we've made some kind of judgement already because of the nature of our account, but posting the accusation (without making judgement) gives us the chance to 1) open it to the public to help verify or deny the accusation and find someone with proof, and 2) outright blast those who are making poor accusations or using awful logic/arguments that need to be corrected.

We refuse to believe we're already touched upon EVERY scammer that's out there. The others just haven't properly come to light. We search through Twitter feeds trying to find the smaller voices and boost them with our account - and very recently had a success story. A member had ordered a custom video, the model was unable to get it done in a reasonable timeframe and offered a refund. The member gave information for the refund, and then heard nothing and was ignored by the model for several months. We reached out to both to inquire about the situation - the member DMed more than enough proof to show his story was valid, and in our reaching out, the model finally DID get in touch and issued the refund. Over four months of being ignored, and his refund was processed within a few days of someone else taking notice and getting involved.

His gratitude for us getting involved, and having a positive result (well, one of the best possible outcomes considering the alternatives) - that made us feel like we were seriously making a difference, even one person at a time if need be.

Just wanted to share - and again thank people for the civil conversation in this thread.

Dang I said the word "biggest" so many times. Can I get a cookie?
Sure.
7c75d78e50b3a966b664d59e0fde4e54026ae9cb_hq.gif

Reactions: HiGirlsRHot
This is a thing?
Never heard of @MemberBlasts
I would just unfollow and save myself the drama. People are just creating more drama by posting about the drama.

Reactions: AudriTwo
I'm not a part of @MemberBlasts; they're entitled to do whatever they want with their own account. But I take issue with the idea that they NEED to add a parallel track of "positivity" as a condition for their continued existence, and it ties back to what I was saying in the other thread about models being uncomfortable with member spaces. This automatic knee-jerk conflation of what's clearly supposed to serve as a protective space with "negativity" is disheartening.

Will someone read MB's CC page and believe some of the allegations posted there? Maybe. But MB's counterpoints are right there. If readers don't believe them, that's not their problem anymore. They did what they could. Should models stop responding to entitled members because some people might interpret it as man hate?

Reactions: MemberBlasts
Haha I get a fair amount of shit from fellow cam models for the fact that I am so impartial and allow members to share their thoughts so liberally. It's funny how this all works out. I mean, even our relative StripperWeb community thinks I'm a "troll" because I allow member perspectives here and don't censor everything that's posted.

This is :(

I am always glad to hear that my efforts on this front are appreciated. I do want to create a warm and friendly environment for fellow cam models but I don't intend to create a false sense of security and happiness when part of our reality is that people DO have negative things to say a lot of times. I'll continue to take the monkey poo flung my way by peers in the industry for how I run things just to keep it a little more balanced than other "cam girl havens" that people are trying to create and maintain.

So in the big picture, that's why I don't automatically hate on accounts like @MemberBlasts when yes, they do post negatives, but also don't bullshit the people who have their complaints all wrong and their panties in a bunch for no qualifying reason.

Thank you so much for doing what you do. It's an amazing thing you've built here.

here's my only problem with it-
a. I missed boobs for 200 followers somehow and
b. I know a lot of people on the interweb read two lines of something and barely fully comprehend that, so if they see a models name associated with what is viewed as a blast account they may not even bother to read further and think..hmmm, model bad- blast model too (said in my best knuckle-dragger voice).

The onus is obviously on the reader to repeat accurate info but didn't we all play "telephone" in grade school at some point where the first topic and the ending topic aren't even in the same universe?

that said- shitty people should be exposed no matter who they are- and in this case- no matter which side of a cam they're on...orrrr..everyone could just not give them the attention and ensuing drama they seem to crave. something along those lines anyway.

Reactions: MemberBlasts
I mean, even our relative StripperWeb community thinks I'm a "troll" because I allow member perspectives here and don't censor everything that's posted.

Honestly that is my biggest gripe with SW. I wish they would lighten up on a lot of things. Miss that community, but don't miss the censorship.

Status
Not open for further replies.