AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A far far easier venture for you would be to create a twitter handle, where people can nominate models they feel contribute a lot to the community with tweets & dm's. To start, only you review the nominated. Maybe if the idea catches on and possibly popularizes, you can scan the field for your "panel" to help decide who wins the prize if anyone is interested. You can look through the nominees, investigate/whatever and then tip the winner/send them a gc with a message telling them that they won the prize based on bla bla bla, nominated by so & so and delivered by (@ thetwitterhandle). After a few months and maybe a few models tweeting their thanks or screenshotting their prize, the twitter will gain some reliability. Then you have (essentially) what you wanted without all of everything everyone here has already said in a way that maybe some people will participate. I guarantee nobody wants to do it the other way.

Personally, I would skip the circle jerk all of it and just ask around, "hey who are some unrecognized models who could use some love" (even on this forum, where people would undoubtedly have a million girls to recommend) and then just tip them. If I won something like this I might feel like I was having a pity party thrown for me for being so "undiscovered". If someone just appreciated me in a tip note/gc note with all the nice things on it, I'd be so over the moon.

2 cents.

Edited to say: I'm sorry 'bout it truly, but I think it's very idealistic to think anyone else would ever help fund the unknown model payout bank. I think it's just you, so in the end you should do you. If you still wanna do it and it's your time and your money, you don't need to listen to anything anyone says here anyways.

Last edited:
So, I think what I'm reading is that you're announcing your intention to have a blog where you highlight some models that you and some friends feel deserve some recognition. And you'll tip those models $100. That's cool. If people like the kind of models you like, they may follow your blog. It's not groundbreaking, but it's fine.

You're being told that models are not going to go out of their way to chase that, so you'll have to find the models you want to recognize yourself (or with your friends) and I'd highly recommend that you get any model's permission before you feature them. You're not going to get models to create custom content for you, but nothing's stopping you from asking permission to use something your chosen model has already created with credit. They may say no.

Separately, you're asking to buy some modeling photos for your blog. Probably best to do that in a separate post, or even (much) better, just reach out to a particular model you like and see what she'd charge for what you're asking.

Edit: basically what Pikachai said.

Eh? Right click, view source, search for og:image and then copy/paste url.

Or am I missing something? Seems to work fine for me.

oh.. I only use it on my phone so as far as I know you can't?

I'm not gonna sit here and argue with people over an idea. If people don't appreciate it that's fine. But lots of people are trying to change the idea or say I've suggested things that were never said from the get go. When people start to create their own spin on something, then it causes confusion, which is exactly what's happening. I don't need to defend myself, because even if others don't get it, there are some that do, and even some that don't that are still willing to be polite. I will however respond to a couple more comments because I feel that the person deserves a response.

I am a cam girl who has been designing and developing websites for 15 years. This idea will not work because there is no idea. There's no business plan. Relying on cross promoting, okay.. but that is very limiting. You also don't need photos from the girls to make a mock site. You can purchase stock photos and add the girls photos in last, after you show them the test. I have read this thread carefully and while I also am thankful you would want to help, how would you gain more money for contests? How are you going to get sponsors? Would I automatically be disqualified if I have a big name? And that doesn't seem fair as well. Not that I really care. Just saying. I also agree that $100 is not enough of an incentive. From a girl who is obsessed with designing, I can promise you that your idea just needs a lot of work before it would be of value to this industry.

If you've been designing sites for 15 years, then you should know that any site is a process. You don't wake up and "BAM" it's there. And to say there isn't an idea isn't a fair statement, because some have already gotten it. However, the problem is that people who get it are gonna feel intimidated to say it because if you treat me like crap, you'll probably do that to them as well. But I do appreciate those who have let me know that they've understood, even if it's just part of it.

As far as a business plan, that doesn't make much sense because it's not intended to be a business, and cross-promoting is used to help boost site stats across multiple sites. I can live without it even because it's not necessary to promote a site. It can also be detrimental depending on the other sites and their integrity.

Furthermore, the way I was raised is that if you're going to do something, then do it right. I don't necessarily need photos to build a mock site, but it helps a ton, especially if you're incorporating a specific design/theme into the rest of the site. Why should I build something just to rebuild it? It's double-work and a tremendous waste of time. There is also a reason that I was looking for conceptualized modeling photos, because it would've definitely been a huge part of site integration. I would almost bet that you've probably done a large number of modeling shoots, which means you would also understand that some things aren't as flattering as others with certain people. It would be pretty idiotic if I simply bought a couple of sets and then found out I couldn't use them or had to rebuild half the site. Waste of time, waste of energy, and waste of money.

As far as having cash flow, and I've said this numerous times, is that $100 is a minimum, not a maximum threshold. I even underlined it in the OP. The problem with committing to a bigger number is that if I were to give one, it might be hard to meet it in case of an emergency. For example, if I said I was going to commit $2000, and then my best buddy's house burnt down and he needed financial support. This would create a dilemma, because if I helped him financially, I wouldn't be able to back up my word to throw $2000 in the kitty. At that point, I would be accused of all kinds of bad things, and it would turn something that was meant to be kind into a nightmare. Also, there are many other ways to draw cash flow. You would be surprised how generous people can be when they care about something.

Also, and I've said this numerous times as well, it would be nomination-based, not on model popularity, cam score, etc...

Anyway, I did take a moment to look at your site (.tv), and if you built it yourself, then well done. Overall it's very nice and I really liked the brushed metallic background. The color scheme is also excellent and it's fairly easy to navigate. My only suggestion, and please don't get upset at me for this, but in a lot of places the fonts are hard to read and I think it may have some people squinting. Overall, great work though.

So, I think what I'm reading is that you're announcing your intention to have a blog where you highlight some models that you and some friends feel deserve some recognition. And you'll tip those models $100. That's cool. If people like the kind of models you like, they may follow your blog. It's not groundbreaking, but it's fine.

You're being told that models are not going to go out of their way to chase that, so you'll have to find the models you want to recognize yourself (or with your friends) and I'd highly recommend that you get any model's permission before you feature them. You're not going to get models to create custom content for you, but nothing's stopping you from asking permission to use something your chosen model has already created with credit. They may say no.

Separately, you're asking to buy some modeling photos for your blog. Probably best to do that in a separate post, or even (much) better, just reach out to a particular model you like and see what she'd charge for what you're asking.

Edit: basically what Pikachai said.

Not simply a blog and no I wouldn't just randomly tip someone $100. Blog integration is always a nice thing, but it is only a small piece of things.

Also, nobody has to chase anything. In all things, some people care and some people don't. Like I said, I'm not going to waste my time with something that people aren't going to be friendly about. More than likely, they'll just cause trouble for the people that do care.

As far as model permission, I'm pretty sure I mentioned that already, especially with uploading media and enforcing copyright. Also, I don't want something that has already been created, because that defeats the purpose of trying to brand something. And as far as getting models to do custom content... It's not as difficult as you think. It's very easy to higher freelance models over the Internet and many of them have a portfolio and set price that you can see upfront so you know what you're getting. However, the model may or may not be into camming. This wouldn't necessary be a deal breaker, but people might wonder who she is and where to find her if she isn't. No big deal though. It was never really an issue as far as I'm concerned. I just threw the idea out on here, because someone who is into it might like the extra $$$ if they know this aspect of modeling.

Thanks for the response.

Look I get it. I understand what what you're looking to do and see your intent with it. That is a great thing. You arent looking to to take advantage of us that I see or make money hand over fist from models work. Both pluses. The thing is as models we get contracted by promoters constantly. And at a basic level what you are looking to do is promotion. Not being a female model you wouldnt know how many there are out there but there is already a shit ton. On twitter, tumblr, wordpress, and websites. Not to even mention the promotion we do ourselves added in. They all offer this or that as you are too. So that is one very big reason most of us will tell you to save your time and money because what you are talking about has been done in one form or another already and again we do this ourselves too. But we have seen these pages come and go and fail and close down and it's never worth it in the long run for the people running it nor the models on them most of the time. What you are offering is nothing new or different but what I dont fault you for in any way is not knowing that.

Just do try to understand where some people are coming from though when the seem harsh to you. Dont take it personally or as an attack on you yourself. We dont know you to comment on that. This is a forum so web etiquette is gonna be a little loose. You didnt wander into a Miss Manners book after all. Trying to dictate how others respond to you or an idea isnt gonna come off to great and will always look defensive. And trying to blame others for you reacting defensive as if you have no other choice but to looks even worse. Just keep that in mind.

You came here with what you thought would be a great idea and your baby and it's been pooed on and though that may hurt your feelings on how it was delivered by some do heed the advice still. Instead maybe actually ask what we would like or need or want and go from there. Ive seen an adult friendly version of snapchat batted around a lot lately due to them deleting adult accounts. Many models want that and would help on that one for instance. The promo site though...just isn't gonna be what you would like it to be due to the market already being over inflated and little return for models who can promo themselves just fine to those receptive to it and that's just for starters. I will say again though it is admirable to want to do something besides already tipping to help some girls out and that should not go overlooked. Just another idea instead.

The thing is as models we get contracted by promoters constantly. And at a basic level what you are looking to do is promotion.
I think that's the key to why so many of us are like "ummm, no thanks?"

This sounds like a site that would rely on the models bringing traffic to IT, instead of the opposite, yet doesn't provide a reason/motivation for models to bring their members there.

What if you considered it a fan site instead of a recognition site? A way for members to find models that they might be interested in visiting and tipping... but you would still need to get permission from models to use one of their images of course.

Reactions: Serenity_Tam
Look I get it. I understand what what you're looking to do and see your intent with it. That is a great thing. You arent looking to to take advantage of us that I see or make money hand over fist from models work. Both pluses. The thing is as models we get contracted by promoters constantly. And at a basic level what you are looking to do is promotion. Not being a female model you wouldnt know how many there are out there but there is already a shit ton. On twitter, tumblr, wordpress, and websites. Not to even mention the promotion we do ourselves added in. They all offer this or that as you are too. So that is one very big reason most of us will tell you to save your time and money because what you are talking about has been done in one form or another already and again we do this ourselves too. But we have seen these pages come and go and fail and close down and it's never worth it in the long run for the people running it nor the models on them most of the time. What you are offering is nothing new or different but what I dont fault you for in any way is not knowing that.

Just do try to understand where some people are coming from though when the seem harsh to you. Dont take it personally or as an attack on you yourself. We dont know you to comment on that. This is a forum so web etiquette is gonna be a little loose. You didnt wander into a Miss Manners book after all. Trying to dictate how others respond to you or an idea isnt gonna come off to great and will always look defensive. And trying to blame others for you reacting defensive as if you have no other choice but to looks even worse. Just keep that in mind.

You came here with what you thought would be a great idea and your baby and it's been pooed on and though that may hurt your feelings on how it was delivered by some do heed the advice still. Instead maybe actually ask what we would like or need or want and go from there. Ive seen an adult friendly version of snapchat batted around a lot lately due to them deleting adult accounts. Many models want that and would help on that one for instance. The promo site though...just isn't gonna be what you would like it to be due to the market already being over inflated and little return for models who can promo themselves just fine to those receptive to it and that's just for starters. I will say again though it is admirable to want to do something besides already tipping to help some girls out and that should not go overlooked. Just another idea instead.

A++ post. Thank you.

Obviously there is a side that I don't know that can only be seen in the eyes of models, and you actually took the time to share this. Also, I agree about web etiquette and know that it can be loose. I also wasn't trying to dictate, but I don't like when people suggest I am clueless or tell me that I will fail at something. In truth, I don't allow myself to fail at things because I do tons of research and understand a space before I push forward with it.. It doesn't mean I don't make mistakes, but I always grow from them, and then push forward some more with something better. With some people, if you tell them they can't do something, a lot of times it just pushes them to show you that they can. Over the years, I've found that sometimes this is fine, but sometimes it's okay to pass as well, which I will be doing in this case.

And of course I thought the original idea was at least workable, but not necessarily great. You never know the reaction you will receive. Not really hurt feelings, but a lot of the comments were off base in turns of development. I'm not saying that anybody's questions were bad, but when people try to state things as facts that aren't true, it is a bit irritating. Also, I have a distaste for it because a lot of times other people believe what they're spewing, then it causes more problems than it solves. Thanks for understanding the overall intent/vision, even if we didn't agree on some things.. That means tons to me. Hope the adult snapchat works out for you and all the other models.

Reactions: Gen
What if you considered it a fan site instead of a recognition site? A way for members to find models that they might be interested in visiting and tipping... but you would still need to get permission from models to use one of their images of course.

I don't mind doing fan sites, and I don't mind using images with permission. In fact, with the "original" concept, the idea would've been to allow models to upload their own images, then help them to develop pages that draw traffic. From what I've seen, a lot of the pages, but not all, are difficult to read due to problems with things such as font size and image placement. Also, when models, or anybody for that matter, adds content it is important that they avoid having their profiles/pages be penalized by search engines. This happens frequently to websites and even individual pages, but people don't realize it's happening since google, yahoo, bing, etc... don't tell you. Just not interested in getting into a war with someone over trying to do something like this. I enjoy what I do, but it can also be wearing if people show disdain for it. Great idea though and thanks for sharing. :)

See when someone tells you youre going to fail it doesnt always mean because of your own lack of skills, poor planning, or even something within your own control. Like in this case here even with the best site you could build it would still fail because of the idea itself and lack of need for it. You could do everything perfect and still fail at something.

If I were just to use pre-existing modeling photos, then it would be self-defeating because I couldn't brand them. I would explain this further, but you would probably just tell me I was "stupid" again. :)

Also, if you see so little value in non-nude photos on a site, which may still be slightly provocative, then you're missing an enormous market that is out there. I could mention some sites, but don't see any reason to do that at this time, but the models doing them are making a ton of $$$. The same is true with nudes a lot of times, but not always the case.

Ignoring any other potential issues with this, I personally wouldn't provide free, exclusive content for you to brand for the chance at winning $100 and a bit of exposure, especially when I'm primarily a nude femdom & fetish model. That's just not a good business descision for my brand -- it doesn't benefit me at all.

Reactions: Pikachai
Ignoring any other potential issues with this, I personally wouldn't provide free, exclusive content for you to brand for the chance at winning $100 and a bit of exposure, especially when I'm primarily a nude femdom & fetish model. That's just not a good business descision for my brand -- it doesn't benefit me at all.

This was never offered, and any $$$ given would've been done as a courtesy, expect what I would've paid for the modeling photos, since that would've been classified as freelance work. Whenever I do anything like this, I always want control over the masters, because it makes it easier to secure them for whatever purpose I need them for and makes it harder for dishonest people to steal them. But yeah, you are right...if you want to be known exclusively in that niche market, then probably not something you would want to do. Thanks for the thoughtful response.

This was never offered, and any $$$ given would've been done as a courtesy, expect what I would've paid for the modeling photos, since that would've been classified as freelance work. Whenever I do anything like this, I always want control over the masters, because it makes it easier to secure them for whatever purpose I need them for and makes it harder for dishonest people to steal them. But yeah, you are right...if you want to be known exclusively in that niche market, then probably not something you would want to do. Thanks for the thoughtful response.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but this isn't making a whole lot of sense to me.

Is your intention to buy the rights to a handful of modelling photos to use them to promote your site, while allowing models who enter the contest to upload pre-existing photos (that you have no ownership over) if they want?

Or is your intention to require every model who enters the contest to upload exclusive photos for your re-branding purposes?

I've gone back and re-read through some of the posts and it's still not super clear to me.

Tristyn,

My intent was to buy customized modeling photo rights with limitations for branding purposes and offering a buyback option clause. For example, if the model felt it not in her best interest, she could buyback the rights at purchase price and I would remove them within a reasonable grace period. Then she could go do whatever she wants with them at that point, including reselling them. That way if she ever feels uncomfortable with the branding, she's not locked in to it. This is actually pretty simple to set up with some of the freelancing sites, because you can create custom contracts. Thanks for asking and I hope this clarified things. :)

I wouldn't take part in this. Just seems sketchy. Because what if you disappear and the model wants to buy her rights back? Not saying you would do this. Just saying, your idea just doesn't come off as legit and innovative. I also know that while building a website is a process, I have mock sites built for my clients within 24 hours.. with stock photos if needed. I just find that you're trying to find arguments that seem more like excuses for not having clear business plan.

I wouldn't take part in this. Just seems sketchy. Because what if you disappear and the model wants to buy her rights back? Not saying you would do this. Just saying, your idea just doesn't come off as legit and innovative. I also know that while building a website is a process, I have mock sites built for my clients within 24 hours.. with stock photos if needed. I just find that you're trying to find arguments that seem more like excuses for not having clear business plan.

Sure, understood. A lot of things seem sketchy, especially over the Internet, and there's always a possibility of someone disappearing. However, there are also legitimate people out there would know what they're doing and they do it well. Something to keep in mind though is that I am stateside (USA), so contracts are easier to enforce. Another thing is that many people won't even offer an "out" option if the person wants their work removed. They've already sold away all their rights, and someone could go put their modeling photo on a milk carton if they cared to. Personally, I buy a lot of freelance material for sites, and even just for personal use. The truth is, I can do a lot of things, but a lot of times there are people that have been in a particular space longer than me, and they can run circles around me. But the cool thing is, I just establish a contract, then develop a good relationship. The relationship is important to me because I can go back to that person when I need to and keep hiring them, and a lot of times they'll do work at a reduced cost to me for repeat business. I even have some people that don't even like to charge me for things because they know me very well and they understand that lot of what I do is for good reasons and to advance certain areas of public interest.

Also, I do mock sites for a lot of other sites, and then just export the content to the "official" site if I need to. As I'm sure you know, this is a quick process. However, to develop a site with what I had in mind, I was really interested in how things would blend, and didn't want to work on color schemes, to include fonts and backgrounds, before I actually had the color scheme from any modeling photos. You've actually done your color scheming really well. More so than most sites. The only thing I did have trouble with, and I know I mentioned this earlier, was that the fonts were just a bit too small and I had to squint a bit to read them. This is probably fine for mobile devices, assuming your site is responsive, and most people would probably just expand them out. However, since I do a lot of work on the PC, it's not really an option for me unless I go and change the settings. Of course this is easy to do, but most people who visit your site with a PC probably wouldn't have a clue. I'm not saying this to pick on you in anyway, because I think your work is top notch. I just think it may help improve things such as bounce rates, and improve the experience for anybody who cared about reading the text.

As far as a development process/business plan, this is similar to something I would do.

- Complete the website build with unique branding
- Develop the social media and integrate it
- Build a user base to add credibility to the site
- Once the first three steps are complete, I can focus on target marketing

With the current system I use, my market reach would be between 14-15 million. I wait to do the first three steps, because when I do this I will have more retention, and I've also had a chance to fine tune the website a bit more to fit user taste, being that a lot of times the majority of users may favor something different than the developer's personal taste.

With that being said, the sheer numbers would drive the site, and I would have incredible traffic during the initial marketing process. I will give an example, but I'm going to shoot a bit low, even though the numbers would likely be higher.

If my draw is just 2 percent of my target (14mil x .02), then I have at least 280,000 people coming to the site. (This will probably be higher, but then again, I am shooting low.)

Of course not all of this is retention, so let's say I have about 5 percent retention rate that will continue to engage the site, and may even follow me on social media:

280,000 x .05 = 14,000

So in a worst case scenario, I have at least 14,000 or so people engaging my site, to include my social media, probably off and on. But realistically the numbers would be higher than this. This might seem like small potatoes in this industry, but I don't need a huge market share, and that 14,000 will continue to grow over time.

There's a lot more to this obviously, but that would be similar to the process I would take out of the gate. This would also establish my brand, and get me a decent position in the search indexes.

But I'm obviously not going to do this at this point, because people aren't exactly embracing me or the idea, and I'm really not interested to upsetting anybody.

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback though. Certainly appreciated. Happy Sunday.

• Wat?!
Reactions: GingerWifey
That's probably just as well. I've not been upset by any of this, but can't for the life of me figure out what benefit the perving public, i.e., I would derive from visiting such a site that I would miss out on if I just went on a cam site, or this forum, for that matter. There are plenty of low/no-cost opportunities for models to promote themselves already as long as they're willing to do some research and put in some time. There are certainly contests galore, mostly on sites few pervs would ever visit if it weren't for models asking them to go there to vote.

More than anything else, this has the odour of a vanity project, which would account for the lack of buy-in from models.

More than anything else, this has the odour of a vanity project, which would account for the lack of buy-in from models.

I don't do "vanity projects." It's not in my interest, nor would I want something like that in my portfolio. Also, I'm not going to further explain the point because I don't care either at this point. If anything, I may further respond to people that kindly ask something, but I'm not interested in arguing about concepts, models, and what is possible or impossible. Thanks for your opinion though. :)

I still have no idea at the core of it what the idea actually is...

I still have no idea at the core of it what the idea actually is...

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but there is no core at this point. I feel like the more I try to explain this, the more people are going to try to convolute it into something that it is not or was never intended to be. Such as suggesting that I'm trying to get free modeling photos, trying to create a ranking system, trying to get models to chase after $100, interested in promoting myself, or that I'm just trying to be a bozo in general. All these have been suggested, and more, but they're not true. However, just to be fair to your question, the main "core" focus would've been to draw attention to models who show exceptional care and poise in this particular profession. Thank you kindly for asking and Happy Sunday. :)

The more I read this thread, the more confused I become.

You seem to be offering to create some kind of model recognition or promotion site, with the intent to award exceptional models (though, what makes a model exceptional and what criteria she should be judged by is extremely unclear) with a small cash prize after they are nominated, agree to enter, and win the contest.

It is a non-nude contest in an industry where the majority of models are nude or hardcore.

For the site to be successful at providing models with exposure (and the right kind of exposure, most importantly), the site must be interesting to both models & camsite members (or the kind of people who could potentially become camsite members), and I honestly can't see it being hugely appealing to either.

There is no business plan.

There is no prototype or mock-up site to clarify your vision for us.

Models AND members are telling you that this idea, at least how you've explained it, is not something that would interest them, by and large. A small cash prize is not going to be a big draw for most girls, and most models will gain more targetted or helpful exposure (not to mention a higher earning potential) just from logging onto their camsite of choice, or marketing through promoters who have already established large networks.

If this is really about giving back to the cammodel community, I would take what everyone has said here to heart & ask models what might actually benefit them.

Ok, so you wanted three things:
1. I need to find people who would be interested in being involved on the voting panel.
No one seems particularly interested. Maybe once the project's going, you'll find some interest.
2. I need feedback.
You got a lot of that.
3. I would like to get at least two models to do concept modeling photos for the site.
If you want to buy pics, why not just buy pics? I'm so terribly confused about why you're bothering with this copyright enforcement and buyback contracts. There are webcam models that do commercial work (and plenty that don't). Those that do will likely sell you pics that you would own the rights to, cause that's how commercial modeling works.

You don't need to write long posts about your business plan or your dream audience size to buy pics. Just buy the pics.

Last edited:
Reactions: Amelia Liddell
Tristyn,

-Different people are saying different things that are not accurate, so it's basically a "round-and-round" scenario. Also, if you don't understand the process, then I don't understand why you're saying I would need a mock up "today." Care to explain?

-Furthermore, the peeps that are interested aren't saying so in the room, so it's pointless to try to establish it in this forum where people are just gonna to treat them like crap for speaking up.

-Also, the market is huge whether you understand it or not. Even if 1% liked my idea and 99% thought I sucked, that's 1% of a massive industry, so even if a few models came on board, it would actually simplify the process and would be advantageous to them. But at this point I don't really care and have already scrapped the idea. Even if I did do it, the models I did work with would probably get hated on, which gives it even less of an appeal at this point.

-There is a plan, but if everything was typed out detail-by-detail it would take up massive amounts of space, which I stated from the get-go. Just SEO documentation alone is usually a minimum 3-4 pages for a good website.

- There is no small cash prize, that is why I underlined "minimum" in the OP. Resource availability has to be established before you can say "such and such" amount is guaranteed, and I had no intention of going "lone ranger" in this.

- Many models aren't nude or hardcore, and even models that do nude and hardcore will many times do non-nudes as well. Everybody is different. Furthermore, the main focus was never intended to be a contrast between nudity and non-nudity, but rather on how others were impacted by cam models.

- There is no non-nude contest. Please show me where I said such a thing?

- As far as what you're saying about appeal, how do you know?

- I'm not offering a promotion service. Recognition is different than promotion, even though there may be some overlap that exists.

- I've done promotional work, and if you think going with a large promotion organization, you'd be wrong in most cases. A lot of these organizations are more interested in getting $$$ than actually walking people through something and helping them understand it. The reason behind this is that they continue to make $$$ as long as they can keep you in a contract. If someone wants great success, the best way is to learn to promote yourself. This is also why a lot of people fail in various industries, and they end up getting screwed in the end.

If you want to buy pics, why not just buy pics? I'm so terribly confused about why you're bothering with this copyright enforcement and buyback contracts. There are webcam models that do commercial work (and plenty that don't). Those that do will likely sell you pics that you would own the rights to, cause that's how commercial modeling works.

I'm just going to respond to this part of your post, because I don't see any reason at this point to respond to the other two things you said.

My interest was in conceptualized photos, preferably with one or two masters that were transparent PNG masters, along with EPS masters. You may or may not know what this means, but a lot of those who do photography and/or design work understands this, and not everybody knows how to do this or even has the equipment/software to do so. The PNG files are good to have because then I can do layovers on pretty much anything. Also, I usually offer buyback options as a courtesy. Lots of freelancers appreciate it, because they may end up in a "rights" negotiation with someone who doesn't want their work branded with someone else. In which case, it may be a conflict for both the freelancer and myself, because if I block them with rights, they may actually lose money. It's actually easier for me to fix, since I can just go and get what I need again from someone else. This is why I also put a grace period for me in the contract, since I have the opportunity to re-brand and don't have to take their work down immediately, thus damaging my own brand. It's win-win. So that is why I like to offer buybacks at purchase price. This also can give them comfort, because say I purchased a photo for $200. They know I'm not going to jack up the price to $2000 for a buyback since we have a binding contract, and they could come back and sue me for violating the contract, as well as for any damages. It's not something I have to do, but rather choose to do.

And yep, I always secure my media and enforce copyright. Anybody who doesn't do this is messing themselves over. If you want to know why, I can explain further, but not going to for right now.

• Wat?!
Reactions: GingerWifey
I don't think the people that think that this is a "good idea" are staying out of the room because of fear of being treated like crap... I think people aren't thinking this is a "good idea" because it's not, everything is confusing to everyone. It's not because of other people saying inaccurate things about it, it's because your explanation of it. If you need to explain it using 3-4 pages to make it clearer, then so be it.

The panel is going to be biased no matter what you think will happen... if someone with a cam score of 54 is nominated vs. someone with a cam score of 6400, who do you think is going to get recognized?

The biggest joke in this entire thread is that your goal is 14,000,000 people visiting this site? Even your 2% number is outrageously high for a site like this. Is there really that much of a demand for a site like this that would draw in 280,000-14 million people? Really don't see it. Yes the industry is large and has many people in it... but outside from the actual cam sites (chaturbate, myfreecams, streamate, etc), I don't think many users/models visit other sites about cam models... this site excluded :)

But, best of luck on your adventures and hope that one day you find an actual way to help cam models (if they really do need it) in the future. It is nice to finally see someone come up with an idea (unlike that Steve guy) that doesn't take advantage of models.

You posted this thread asking for feedback, and you got it. I'm sorry that it wasn't the feedback you were hoping for. If there are models or members interested in this venture, there is nothing stopping them from posting here. Why would I (or anyone here) treat another model poorly for being interested in a contest? Healthy debate and differences in opinion are welcomed here on ACF, as are differences in camming and marketing styles.

You don't need to have a mock-up today, and I never said that you did. But if you want people to have a better understanding of what you're proposing, especially when it's something that requires both member (nominations, additional funds to add to the prize pot, etc) & model participaction to be successful, and you're planning on launching it in three weeks, having a better understanding of how this would work in reality might be helpful.

Yes, I am aware that non-nude and softcore models exist. Yes, I'm aware that some models do both (I do a lot of non-nude femdom shows myself). However, you said that you would only be accepting non-nude content in the very first post. While that doesn't directly exclude nude models, it does limit how they can market themselves on your website.

I, and most models, do engage in our own marketing & promotional work. My point is that there are already many well-established promoters (many of whom also host contests) for cammodels to market their brand / content to if they so choose, usually without as many restrictions. I & lots of other ladies are also more than willing to help promote & recognize our fellow models.

Furthermore, recognition doesn't pay our bills.
Money does.
And that is where this site is lacking in appeal, at least for the majority.

atruestory.png

No one is trying to be mean to you -- they're trying to give you the feedback that you asked for. Best of luck in your endeavours.

Staying with the concept photo part, let me see if an analogy can help explain what I think went wrong here.

Scene: I do web shit. I'm in a bar in Silicon Valley.

Scenario A: Random dude comes up to me. "Hey ramblin, I've seen your web shit and it's pretty good shit. I have a project I'm working on that could really use someone like you." There's a good chance I'd ask some questions, figure out what he's got going on, and, as Tristyn highlights, what the money is going to be like. If I thought the project was great, I had time to work it and the price was right, I might go for it. If I thought the project was shit I might give him some constructive pointers. If I thought the project was good, but I didn't fit / it wasn't worth my time, I might refer him someone that I thought might be interested.

Scenario B: Sundar Pichai walks into the bar, stands up on a table and announces that he's looking for people who do web shit. He goes on for 15 minutes about the new project he's got going, finally admitting that it has "no core". People drop what they're doing and patiently listen, because he's the fucking CEO of Google. Most of us don't give a crap about the details of his project, we know he's got a track record and pays well, so we'll patiently wait for our chance to sell ourselves as fitting the project.

Scenario C: Random dude pulls the routine above. He gets ignored by some, heckled by others, and possibly tossed out.

You're not Sundar Pichai. You don't have anything at all that you can or are willing to point to to show a track record, so Scenario B wasn't an option for you.

As it's worked out, you're finding yourself in Scenario C, when you had an opportunity with Scenario A. If you had individually approached models that you felt fit the look / brand you're trying to establish, they might have been flattered enough to listen. But by walking in as a relative unknown and announcing what effectively amounts to an open casting call to a forum full of the widest variety of models imaginable, you're getting the expected Scenario C reaction.

Staying with the concept photo part, let me see if an analogy can help explain what I think went wrong here.

Scene: I do web shit. I'm in a bar in Silicon Valley.

Scenario A: Random dude comes up to me. "Hey ramblin, I've seen your web shit and it's pretty good shit. I have a project I'm working on that could really use someone like you." There's a good chance I'd ask some questions, figure out what he's got going on, and, as Tristyn highlights, what the money is going to be like. If I thought the project was great, I had time to work it and the price was right, I might go for it. If I thought the project was shit I might give him some constructive pointers. If I thought the project was good, but I didn't fit / it wasn't worth my time, I might refer him someone that I thought might be interested.

when you had an opportunity with Scenario A. If you had individually approached models that you felt fit the look / brand you're trying to establish, they might have been flattered enough to listen. But by walking in as a relative unknown and announcing what effectively amounts to an open casting call to a forum full of the widest variety of models imaginable, you're getting the expected Scenario C reaction.

I dunno about all that.. when dudes individually approach me about a project and I don't know them from adam I tend to be MORE suspicious of a scam than when someone pitches an idea in a public venue. Am I alone in this?

I dunno about all that.. when dudes individually approach me about a project and I don't know them from adam I tend to be MORE suspicious of a scam than when someone pitches an idea in a public venue. Am I alone in this?

It's definitely not just you. I'm always pretty weirded out when I'm approached by random dudes with business proposals, unless they're a known figure in the industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.