AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

An ideal ranking system

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evvie

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Feb 12, 2012
This has been on my mind off and on for the past few months, and I thought it would be interesting to talk about.

What do you think is an ideal ranking system?

I do not think it is really possible to create a totally fair ranking system. I recall a long-ago conversation with someone on this forum (one of the bobs, maybe?) and it went kind of like this:

"The MFC ranking system isn't fair because it makes it very difficult for a model with a low camscore to get enough exposure to make money that will increase her camscore."
"What about the SM ranking system? It places models based on their equipment, Internet speeds, time spent on the website, ratings, and time spent in paid chat. It is easier for a lower-ranked model to move up, because all she has to do is improve her hardware."
"That system discriminates against models who can't afford good equipment."

Every ranking system has to put some people on the top and some people at the bottom. It's unfortunate, but how would you handle it? Would your idea ranking system be based on time spent online versus money earned? How would it be weighted? Would you take in to account things like Internet speed and HD webcams or not? Would it favor top earning models or would it be more mobile and more difficult for high earning models to maintain the top seats?

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
I feel like a good ranking system would take into account these things

-average weekly amount made
-overall quality of stream
-time online on average

The first because it makes sense for high earners to reach maximum potential.

You'd want to show Quality streams first so the site looks nicer overall, and

Active time online because it seems crazy that some girls can be online for 8 hours a day and never see any benefit from their hard work and dedication.

MFC's ranking sysytem is designed to have models compete, which in turn generates bigger profits for them. With the huge number of models on MFC at any given time, I don't think there can be a 100% fair way to do it.

Perhaps solely on the current volume of viewership. :think:

You've called it a ranking system - so by nature, it's going to discriminate.

The ideal ranking system would be a series of variables tailored to the members preferences. After that models would be presented in random or even rotating order?

In other words - the hair colour, body shape, age, size of the knockers, number of teeth she has - whatever markers.

The members would then select all the checkboxes of what they want and order the importance of those to them.
The match-making would then, using the order of importance (the weighting) and other variables yet to be disclosed, be presented with a list of models.

The downside is that obviously you won't get any say in the thing that counts the most - "personality" - as how the heck do you quantify this? Also everyone's appraisal of things differs (boob size for example. To me, large is D and above... and I view C as the perfect size, with my preference to B over D after! To someone else, anything below DD is probably small!). Likewise, people lie...

MFC has tried it with the tags... unsurprisingly I've never used it despite now advocating something akin to it. Then again, I ignore rankings on MFC entirely. I'm more interested in the few I talk to and like, than trying to find yet more - so ranking is pointless.

But from drawing in new members, the current ranking is ideal.
There are two types - there are the ones who join MFC as they've seen the most gorgeous woman - so someone like Mary (Crazysysy) is worth her weight in gold. I would imagine she has the highest number of member conversions going. Also, new users are presented with the likes of her immediately to see truly beautiful women you'd never hope to even meet, let alone see naked! It draws you in, as do her charms (not talking her boobs, but her girly cute personality :p ).

At the other end, you've got the low camscore ones who are likely to struggle for tokens and therefore much cheaper and more willing... and this favours the tight guys who just want to whack one off while "dominating" a lady. Once they've seen the "mega babes" you can release your perversions further down as the girls may not be able to afford to say "no" and do whatever you ask.

With the current system, you know where to go immediately for either. Front page, or back pages... so it does seem ideal already. Whilst people think it is purely to make competition with models to make more money, it is more nuanced than you perhaps realise.
I ignore it entirely :D

Zoomer,
your post makes it sound so much like you think there aren't any 'mega babes' among the lower camscore models and like all models with a high camscore perfectly fit into what most of society would call beautiful. :?

I'd not have ranking at all, every criterion tends to ignore someone. As we've seen by the many posts on this forum, members have myriad tastes.

Instead, rotate every model daily, so eventually every model (who remains active) will eventually be on the top row. For those members who WANT to see models by score, make that into a filter, or a series of filters that can be applied by the members' desired criterion.

I actually really like the ranking system as it is, the only thing I would chance is allow more criteria to sort rooms on. One of the biggest I would like to see is sorting them by age. I usually like the models more that have a bit of experience in life and are closer to my age. It would be a lot nicer if a member could sort based on things that matter to them and not force them into a few options. Right now I believe there are only 5 options and 3 of them seem pretty useless. Newest logged on, newest signed up and alphabetical. With so many useless I just leave it to the default of cam score.

An alternative that would maybe work is when a member signs up have them answer a survey of what they are looking for, and after that they can adjust at anytime. Have models fill out a survey saying what they do in their rooms: Privates only, non nude, groups, countdowns and so on. Also what fetishes they would be willing to fulfill. Also describing themselves, blonde, cup size, etc. Then use the members data to set up a sort based on their individual preferences. This might be a lot of work i'm not sure, but would be interesting.

This would only work if MFC was strict on the no sleeping policy, and made sure a model was not away from the cam for hours. Which would require a large moderator staff, which I'm sure they can afford.
30 day average
The more time you're online, the higher your placement.
Plus
The more money you make, the higher your placement.

Then maybe hold contests for best lighting, most creative, and a few others. The ones that win that month by votes get to stay placed in the top row for the entire month the upcoming month. That's just something extra I came up with. :p

I'm not really answering the question.. but when I was in Vegas Leo saw my business card. Which also had my Chaturbate link on it (I fucking hate that site) and asked me what I didn't like about MFC. And I was like CAMSCORE!!! And then drunkenly walked away lol :lol:

An ideal ranking system would have me as number one and nobody else.

There can be only one.

PlayboyMegan said:
This would only work if MFC was strict on the no sleeping policy, and made sure a model was not away from the cam for hours. Which would require a large moderator staff, which I'm sure they can afford.
30 day average
The more time you're online, the higher your placement.
Plus
The more money you make, the higher your placement.

Then maybe hold contests for best lighting, most creative, and a few others. The ones that win that month by votes get to stay placed in the top row for the entire month the upcoming month. That's just something extra I came up with. :p
I think you're a genius!

LilyMarie said:
Zoomer,
your post makes it sound so much like you think there aren't any 'mega babes' among the lower camscore models and like all models with a high camscore perfectly fit into what most of society would call beautiful. :?

I can't help it if you isolate one or two words, remove the context within which they are placed, the quotation marks around the word, remove the rest of the text which outlines a different perspective and therefore derive that opinion.

:roll:

My opinions have long been shared. In other words, you could not be further from the truth :woops:

I will be honest and say I do not want a fair system. I want a system that favors models I like over the others.

I don't know if there's anything fair exactly, but I guess mfc could have a better search engine, rather than just for tags, so if you want girls between certain bra sizes, or hair colours they're come up. But then that still wouldn't be fair exactly, because a lot of men have absolutely no idea how bra sizes work. Zoomer says his ideal is a C cup, yet making that statement clearly shows that like most men, he actually has no idea that a C cup can be the same size boobs as DD's or as B's. Bra size is breasts versus chest. Smaller the chest, bigger the bra size even though the boobs aren't actually bigger. Like.... I range in bra sizes between 34 E, 34 DD, 36 DD and in some makes I'm an F. 34 E and 36 DD have exactly the same cup size even though it looks like an E would be bigger. All that's different is the underbust measurement. Same as if you knew one girl who's a 30 DD and another who is a 34DD, you might think the 30 DD has the same size boobs because she's also a DD, that's not the case at all. Guys, please don't judge boobs on bra sizes, bra sizes mean very little and you probably don't understand them anyway.

Mfc ranking system is tough, but then Mfc is tough. Majority of people on the site never pay a penny and it's really a few high rollers/generous people who keep it up. If you're a model a lot of it is luck, if someone in particular really likes you and starts tipping you loads, then it's if more than one person, who's also a cool easy person to deal with starts really spending. I think whether mfc had a different ranking system or not, it'd still be a hard site to work for, at least with camscore I have something to aim for.

I dont think it would be so bad if it was completely random. Say, everytime someone loads the home page, it completely randomizes the models in no specific order. That way every girl would get their chance towards the top at one point or another.

Sometimes I think it kind of sucks that there are models consistently making insane numbers that make my head spin, while other models consistently struggle to make even two digits a night. :? I guess I wish the money was spread a little more evenly, ya know?

I know there are alot many flaws with this (girls with terrible looking cams, girls who arent even in front of the cam, showing up at the top and making the site look bad to new comers, etc). But it would be nice to try.

Nordling said:
I'd not have ranking at all, every criterion tends to ignore someone. As we've seen by the many posts on this forum, members have myriad tastes.

Instead, rotate every model daily, so eventually every model (who remains active) will eventually be on the top row. For those members who WANT to see models by score, make that into a filter, or a series of filters that can be applied by the members' desired criterion.
I think a random system is an interesting idea and probably super fair. But playing the devil's advocate here, I think there are some big issues with not placing top earners and most popular models at the forefront of the site.

Like Sadie said, when you start rotating models through to get the most exposure, that means 80% of the time the models displayed aren't going to be pretty to look at (and I don't mean their actual physical appearance - we all know hot chicks are all over. But I do mean grainy cams, shaky feeds, terrible saturation, models who aren't good at entertaining a room, the large portion of ladies who seem to outright ignore the chatroom altogether, et cetera). When I first went to MFC, the first model I ever watched was AspenRae. If the ranking was randomly chosen from every model online, I would have received a very different impression of MFC. If I was checking the site out as a potential model, I would have gotten a very altered idea of what I should strive for and what members wanted to see (when I first saw the MFC homepage, I assumed the top left model was the most important and successful and that I should try to emulate her.) If I was checking out the site as a potential member, it may have taken me much longer to find a model I enjoyed watching and that experience might have been frustrating.

But beyond that, I think it is dangerous to not reward highest earning models. I am guessing that the majority of MFC's income is from a small number of high earning women, and to say, "hey ladies, thanks for bringing us 80% of our income, now go stand in the back for a while" does not seem like a good precedent.

Perhaps a good compromise would be to have a page similar to "new models", but called "Top Random Models" or something super, where a total of 10 or so random models are always displayed. Perhaps they could have their own fancy new model-ish label over their avatars.

I am also totally with Megan about having different contests.

Zoomer said:
LilyMarie said:
Zoomer,

I can't help it if you isolate one or two words, remove the context within which they are placed, the quotation marks around the word, remove the rest of the text which outlines a different perspective and therefore derive that opinion.

:roll:

My opinions have long been shared. In other words, you could not be further from the truth :woops:
I suppose you should have expressed yourself differently then, because the people who thanked my post understood yours the way I understood it.

You know, I typed out a long diatribe that went on a couple of rabbit trails in response to this, which probaby would not have gone over too well (not that I care), but realized this was neither the time nor the thread.

This was pertinent: Fair and ideal are both words that have been thrown out there. They are not interchangable. What is ideal is not necessarily fair. What is fair is not necessarily ideal.

Isabella_deL said:
I don't know if there's anything fair exactly, but I guess mfc could have a better search engine, rather than just for tags, so if you want girls between certain bra sizes, or hair colours they're come up. But then that still wouldn't be fair exactly, because a lot of men have absolutely no idea how bra sizes work. Zoomer says his ideal is a C cup, yet making that statement clearly shows that like most men, he actually has no idea that a C cup can be the same size boobs as DD's or as B's. Bra size is breasts versus chest. Smaller the chest, bigger the bra size even though the boobs aren't actually bigger. Like.... I range in bra sizes between 34 E, 34 DD, 36 DD and in some makes I'm an F. 34 E and 36 DD have exactly the same cup size even though it looks like an E would be bigger. All that's different is the underbust measurement. Same as if you knew one girl who's a 30 DD and another who is a 34DD, you might think the 30 DD has the same size boobs because she's also a DD, that's not the case at all. Guys, please don't judge boobs on bra sizes, bra sizes mean very little and you probably don't understand them anyway.

Mfc ranking system is tough, but then Mfc is tough. Majority of people on the site never pay a penny and it's really a few high rollers/generous people who keep it up. If you're a model a lot of it is luck, if someone in particular really likes you and starts tipping you loads, then it's if more than one person, who's also a cool easy person to deal with starts really spending. I think whether mfc had a different ranking system or not, it'd still be a hard site to work for, at least with camscore I have something to aim for.
This is sooooo true!!! I had a guy fight me tooth and nail that I was a C cup. I showed him the tag on my bra that said 34A and showed him it fit perfectly. I am an A, but very flattered someone thought I was a C. If he searched for C cups, he would have missed me and my A's.

PlayboyMegan said:
This is sooooo true!!! I had a guy fight me tooth and nail that I was a C cup. I showed him the tag on my bra that said 34A and showed him it fit perfectly. I am an A, but very flattered someone thought I was a C. If he searched for C cups, he would have missed me and my A's.
On a side note, I have to say that I always hated that I was an A cup until I started camming. I wanted to get a breast augmentation ever since I was 16. After camming on MFC I have finally started to not only appreciate but love my A's. There are many guys who love small boobies and boobies of all sizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.