AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Annoying things members do

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rouge_x said:
Private messaging constantly saying "I love you." Cringe.

What's worse is when they say it in public chat and they have never tipped. lol

sexyvanessa4u said:
Rouge_x said:
Private messaging constantly saying "I love you." Cringe.

What's worse is when they say it in public chat and they have never tipped. lol

Or it's the first thing out of their mouth upon entering your room for the first time. :roll:

I find it really annoying when members who are in rooms of lower ranked models say "Top models are so fake, all they want is your tokens". I can agree there are some annoying models in the higher ranked that sit there and repeatedly ask for yellow walls and tips all through out there time online. But to classify all the high ranked models for doing this is unfair. On top of that, members can not understand that this is there job. They have it in there head that models would just do this for free? ahahahaha. All models want your tokens, they like to eat 3 meals a day too.

This is more when I'm on my perv account.
I'm on my perv account that says I'm a male...
Dudes. Why you message me when I'm watching a pretty girl. FOCUS ON THE PRETTY GIRL O_O

I'm gonna soapbox rant a little...

I absolutely hate the phrase “real job.” It rubs me the wrong way. I work in the nonprofit sector and now & then heard the dickweed comment of how it’s not a “real job.” ....Irritating.....

Occasionally, i also hear cam modeling referred as not a “real job,” because models don’t need a degree for it, or "it doesn't require any skills." Last i heard cam models earn decent money and file income tax. Newsflash: Real jobs don't always consist of sitting from 9 to 5 as a desk slave answering to a boss. Whether you're coding software or mowing lawns, a job is a fuckin job.

With that being said, flipping burgers at McDonald’s might not be the most glamorous gig, but in 3rd world nations where our minimum wage is like their royalty, they’d KILL for an opportunity at McDonald’s.

mutantdonut said:

I absolutely hate the phrase “real job.” It rubs me the wrong way. I work in the nonprofit sector and now & then heard the dickweed comment of how it’s not a “real job.” ....Irritating.....

Occasionally, i also hear cam modeling referred as not a “real job,” because models don’t need a degree for it, or "it doesn't require any skills." Last i heard cam models earn decent money and file income tax. Newsflash: Real jobs don't always consist of sitting from 9 to 5 as a desk slave answering to a boss. Whether you're coding software or mowing lawns, a job is a fuckin job.

With that being said, flipping burgers at McDonald’s might not be the most glamorous gig, but in 3rd world nations where our minimum wage is like their royalty, they’d KILL for an opportunity at McDonald’s.

I am even more bothered when models say this. A number of times I have heard models say that camming is not a respectable job. To a degree I see their point, in that society probably does look down on this line of work. But to me, any legal job where you earn money to take care of yourself, your family, your education is not anything to be ashamed of.

mutantdonut said:

I had a coworker at a retail place who didn't consider retail to be a "real job". She was always going on about how she was living with her mom until she got her "real job" after college, and then once she got an office job, wouldn't stop referring to how retail wasn't her "real job". Guess I paid my rent with smiles or something while I worked there.

SweetSaffron said:
I had a coworker at a retail place who didn't consider retail to be a "real job". She was always going on about how she was living with her mom until she got her "real job" after college, and then once she got an office job, wouldn't stop referring to how retail wasn't her "real job". Guess I paid my rent with smiles or something while I worked there.

She probably meant having a better paying job. I've said stuff like that myself while working at jobs that didn't pay me enough.

Protocosmo said:
SweetSaffron said:

She probably meant having a better paying job. I've said stuff like that myself while working at jobs that didn't pay me enough.
She may have, I agree, but it's still insulting to anyone who works at a job and thinks of it as "real." Poor wording at best.

MemberIDontKnow: hey amber how are you today?
me: hey, good, how're you?
MemberIDontKnow: not good
MemberIDontKnow: 8(
me:...

me: there's no crying in AmberLand

Don't come into a girl's room, especially whom you've never spoken to before, and only ask how she's doing as an opening to tell some sob story.

I wasn't havin' it yesterday and I think my response will be standard in the future for this sort of behavior.

AmberCutie said:

Don't come into a girl's room, especially whom you've never spoken to before, and only ask how she's doing as an opening to tell some sob story.

I wasn't havin' it yesterday and I think my response will be standard in the future for this sort of behavior.
I'm open towards listening to my nice regs' problems and giving heartfelt/honest advice (and have done that more times that I' like to admit) but not while I'm on cam. There's no time for that. When I'm on cam, I need to focus on (or at least coming across as) upbeat and happy, carefree and not busy, so that people will want to stay in my room.

Later, in PM, I'm often down for that. Or better, on a different day in PM. And not with some nobody who only wants attention, but with people I actually care about. I do think that 'real' model/member online friendships can exist, and listening is part of a friendship, but if you're the type of member who feels like it's OK to come up with these things while she's on cam, then... no. You can't do that.

AmberCutie said:

I don't even like this from regs. I hate to be cold about it, but I never complain in my room, and it's MY room. So if I'm working hard to keep the atmosphere carefree and friendly, I do not want to start a pity party for you. Even if you're an awesome dude 98% of the time. I understand everyone has bad days, but I just don't want to empathize with your bad day and bring the whole atmosphere of the room down a notch.

I mean, little things like "Work sucked today," are fine. But don't tell me each detail of why it sucked. :lol: Maybe I'm just cold, but I like to keep things completely carefree. Like a day at the beach. :p

"I won't be at your big show because a new video game is coming out tomorrow, sorry."

1. I didn't ask you to specifically be there, so cool beans to going out of your way to report this
2. but thanks for making me feel wonderful, taking a back seat to a video game.

Jillybean said:
AmberCutie said:

I don't even like this from regs. I hate to be cold about it, but I never complain in my room, and it's MY room. So if I'm working hard to keep the atmosphere carefree and friendly, I do not want to start a pity party for you. Even if you're an awesome dude 98% of the time. I understand everyone has bad days, but I just don't want to empathize with your bad day and bring the whole atmosphere of the room down a notch.

I mean, little things like "Work sucked today," are fine. But don't tell me each detail of why it sucked. :lol: Maybe I'm just cold, but I like to keep things completely carefree. Like a day at the beach. :p
I never mind or get upset if a reg needs to rant a little or get a sympathy hug from me in a PM, but yeah it isn't something for public chat as it can bring the whole room to a weird mood and really have an effect on how my shift goes overall.

AmberCutie said:
"I won't be at your big show because a new video game is coming out tomorrow, sorry."
Whoever says this needs to put their priorities in order. Not saying that they should put cam perving before evrything else, but if he's interested enough in your show to tell you this upfront, then I'd say he should wait with his game and play it the day after release.

Because let's be honest, that cam show won't be there tomorrow, the game will.

Leon_Omega said:
AmberCutie said:
Whoever says this needs to put their priorities in order. Not saying that they should put cam perving before evrything else, but if he's interested enough in your show to tell you this upfront, then I'd say he should wait with his game and play it the day after release.

Because let's be honest, that cam show won't be there tomorrow, the game will.
Eww I hate this. Sorry amber. I once had a member, while watching my struggle to get anyone to talk to me, put in a PUBLIC tip note that he was watching south park and was having trouble paying attention to it while I was asking him questions so he was leaving. That usually would just irk me, but on this particular night I had trolls coming at me from all angles and this sent me over the edge, I excuses myself to "go grab something" and as soon as I was out of the room I sobbed hard for about a minute, then took a few deep breaths and went back to trying to recover from embarrassment.

member exclusively hanging in PM because they don't 'like' chatrooms.
dangling a skype date in front of you for 3 weeks, mentioning it every day. twice, like it's a big treat!
not tipping obviously.
an emote in évery fucking message he types.
when he finally read on my profile I don't masturbate, he says the skype's not worth it.
demanding more of my attention for free in PM but is never going to tip because again, 'it's not worth it if your'e only going nude'
after I suggested he might want to tip for my time at least a little or get a video saying he'd rather see me masturbate and he would pay for that.
so, I banned him, but fuckerdefuck, that's not working for PMs! so he's still annoying me, so I put him on ignore, but he's still perving on me every night in PM and probably too dumb to realise he's on 'ignore' too.

I wish I could ban someone in PM too, he needs to be PUNISHED!! MUHAHAHAH.

(I'm usually very kind and cool about non-tippers, but not if you're hogging my time and attention in PM)

Hi. My nickname here is Verde_Blu.

Without a doubt, I think the most annoying and frustrating thing

that a member can do is

complain about a private show, especially when you are only a

few seconds into the show, and they are making detailed demands

right away.

Then, a certain individual, for example, who will remain un-named,

continues their complaint by notating that THEY SPENT TWENT DOLLARS

ON YOU LIKE A YEAR AGO!

Ugh. I know that I have to take the good with the bad, but

I wish every member at MFC could have just given that dude a piece of their

mind.

Totally rude.

Ugh.

Peace, Love, and Sexy Stuff!

Has this ever happened to you?

It makes me wanna scream like Janet and Michael. LOL!

Fay_Galore said:
member exclusively hanging in PM because they don't 'like' chatrooms.
dangling a skype date in front of you for 3 weeks, mentioning it every day. twice, like it's a big treat!
not tipping obviously.
an emote in évery fucking message he types.
when he finally read on my profile I don't masturbate, he says the skype's not worth it.
demanding more of my attention for free in PM but is never going to tip because again, 'it's not worth it if your'e only going nude'
after I suggested he might want to tip for my time at least a little or get a video saying he'd rather see me masturbate and he would pay for that.
so, I banned him, but fuckerdefuck, that's not working for PMs! so he's still annoying me, so I put him on ignore, but he's still perving on me every night in PM and probably too dumb to realise he's on 'ignore' too.

I wish I could ban someone in PM too, he needs to be PUNISHED!! MUHAHAHAH.

(I'm usually very kind and cool about non-tippers, but not if you're hogging my time and attention in PM)

Oh my gosh! I wish I could

ban some from PM too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today as I was creeping on a new model and I observed a member suggesting she expose her breasts for no tokens and she'll attract more paying members. These manipulative, and sly predators make me sick. Why? They prey on the newbies in hopes they'll do things for free and what do you think this young lady did? She exposed herself for free.

In my opinion camming is for fun and building friendships. But it's also a job and to prey on someones new status is just wrong :angry4:

Giant, double-spaced, pink font :?

I also never really understood the incessant PMers. I get that if you have a request that you're maybe not comfortable talking about out in the open, or if you're commenting on something completely off-topic that is only really relevant to you and the model or sharing a private joke or something, then PMs are ideal. But I kinda get the impression that the vast majority of PMs consist of things that could (and probably should) just be said in chat. It can be annoying as a member when a model is spending more time reading and replying to PMs than engaging the room as a whole, and it must be a nightmare for models to try and juggle the PM discussions that are worth her time, the PM discussions that are completely inane, and the many conversational threads in public chat all at once.

mynameisbob84 said:
Giant, double-spaced, pink font :?

I also never really understood the incessant PMers. I get that if you have a request that you're maybe not comfortable talking about out in the open, or if you're commenting on something completely off-topic that is only really relevant to you and the model or sharing a private joke or something, then PMs are ideal. But I kinda get the impression that the vast majority of PMs consist of things that could (and probably should) just be said in chat. It can be annoying as a member when a model is spending more time reading and replying to PMs than engaging the room as a whole, and it must be a nightmare for models to try and juggle the PM discussions that are worth her time, the PM discussions that are completely inane, and the many conversational threads in public chat all at once.

I really agree with that. I've always thought that people who "don't do public chat" and only chat by PM window are some of the most obnoxious members, because they can really kill public chat, ruining it for the model and everyone else. If a member really needs a model's attention for an extended conversation and doesn't want to participate in public chat, then he should just take her private. The member can have the model's undivided attention there.

Pm dudes are pretty bad. I'm positive most do it for attention. Don't like public chat? Go private. Too shy? Too bad. Sucks when you see a model wasting a bunch of time and energy on the dudes. I can understand not liking public chat, not my style really, but these goofs just want to feel like they are special.

:lol: It seems I am an obnoxious goof. I always pm with models I am friends with. The models I visit don't dance around or play games, however, so pming does not really disrupt the room. The models still chat with the room and with the members in pm (I know my favourite model PMs with 4-5 more of her regulars including me, while also chatting with the room. I guess she is just skilled. :p

I can see this not working in the top 20 (or 100 even rooms). Those rooms tend to have way too many people for the model to keep up with, so it makes sense for her to not PM that much. I would not even bother trying to PM in those rooms. The rooms I am in tend to have around 30-50 guys, so it's far easier for the model to keep up.

Regarding PM windows, there is (or was) a trick that seemed to make the model unaware of the guy being there. All you had to do was open the PM window as a guest, leave it open, and then log in. It seemed to keep you in the same PM window, which the model had no idea about. A VERY creepy guy told me this and I only tried it once, because it felt like spying in a woman's bedroom window. I really hope MFC has fixed that.

JimsX said:
:lol: It seems I am an obnoxious goof. I always pm with models I am friends with. The models I visit don't dance around or play games, however, so pming does not really disrupt the room. The models still chat with the room and with the members in pm (I know my favourite model PMs with 4-5 more of her regulars including me, while also chatting with the room. I guess she is just skilled. :p
I'm sure some models don't mind it, know some models do it to make members feel special, some studio models are told to talk in pm. Just rarely ever see a need for a member to initiate the pm. The room might be more sociable and fun if they would all talk in the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.