AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Anonymous trolling on MFC

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2015
So, some troll has taking to trolling/insulting via Anonymous tips. Seems you cant ban an anon. Is that correct? Seems a hole in MFC if true.

Yup, seen it happen in EgyptBeauty's room quite a bit and Bree Olson's room too. Idiots talk about Charlie Sheen to try and piss her off and she bans them-she raised the minimum tip in her room to 10 tokens and people still tip anon to insult her.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Puffin
If memory serves me correctly, some years ago on MFC the asshole named King____ (or something) would, even after I banned him from my room, would tip me the minimum amount just so he could talk shit via tip note.

There's so much shit you had to do, as an MFC model, to be rid of someone (and even then, it's not 100% guaranteed). Just banning someone from your room wasn't enough. You had to click the ban button...the ignore button...AND block the member from posting on your wall. Or just disable your profile wall altogether, or set it so only your 'friends' could post on it.

Sounds like it would be a good idea to be able to break down minimum tip amounts into how the tip is given and with or without a tip note

Like no minimum tip for public

No minimum tip for anon

Anonymous tip with tip note - 100 tokens

That or I suppose something you can just tick that says you aren't accepting anonymous tips with tip notes

On the plus side, anonymous tips can't have public notes - so only the model can read them. It still sucks a lot, but at least if she's able to ignore it, it won't effect her room since others won't see it. I've heard of models contacting MFC to find out who anonymous harassers are and MFC will ban them either from that model's room for her or from the site. I don't know how reliable that method is though...

kati3kat was having this same problem on CB one night when I was watching, someone kept tipping 1 token just to be able to send her a tip note and get nasty.

I thought if a model ignores a person (instead of banning them) that they never see anything written by that person again, including tip notes. Am I wrong?

Reactions: TacoBelle
I thought if a model ignores a person (instead of banning them) that they never see anything written by that person again, including tip notes. Am I wrong?

You're right, Ozzie. However, the OP was talking about an anonymous person (not a regular) going room to room tipping anon while insulting the model. If the model doesn't know who the tipper is (cause he's anon), she can't ignore him. So therefore all of his tipnotes will show up.

Yeah, I've seen a lot of anonymous style harassment going on in the last while, even as little tips that you'd think would be wanted by models but get annoying if the model asks for them to stop. Computer users of all types are looking to hack the system no matter what it is or how it plays out.

It reminds me of these guys throwing balled dollars (or coins) at dancers in live strip clubs (in my distant past). Their excuse was that they were giving the dancer money, so anything was okay to do.

I love the idea of some troll being so desperate to anonymously harass that they'll pay to do it. There is a clear winner in that scenario no matter how small the tip.

I love the idea of some troll being so desperate to anonymously harass that they'll pay to do it. There is a clear winner in that scenario no matter how small the tip.

I hold a different view. For some, yes getting money in exchange for exposure to an insult is not a problem and an instal-win that the model can chuckle over. It sounds like this is your approach, and it's a great way to deal with this issue. It's turning the troll into a 'positive' by focusing on the money, rather then the idiocy it was attached to.

But I'm sure there are many models who don't enjoy 'selling' the privilege to insult them. Which is really what this security hole amounts to. A member spends some cash to get to insult someone. The negativity that comes with interactions like this can be pretty corrosive to ones spirit for some folks. And for them no price would be enough to take it. Not much different from not ever doing a specific sort of show no matter the offer. It just feels wrong.

So to me the winner is not always so clear.

Reactions: ACFFAN69
Status
Not open for further replies.