AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Any filters that can make my skin look flawless on cam?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 19, 2021
Chili
Twitter Username
@Zimbabo
Anyone knows any softwares or anything that allows you to apply a filter that'd make your skin look smooth and flawless on cam?

I saw some models with 10k+even 20k+ followers but they have only less than 10 viewers in their rooms... I couldn't see exactly what's got sooo wrong

They are pretty and have good bodies

Upvote 0
Do you use a ring light? That can usually do a good job at the right angle and setting.
My skin looks so much better on cam since a guy bought me a couple of ring lights off Amazon.

Upvote 0
Do you use a ring light? That can usually do a good job at the right angle and setting.
My skin looks so much better on cam since a guy bought me a couple of ring lights off Amazon.
I've been using a ring light, when my face facing the light the flaws are gone but when my face facing other directions the acne scars are very clear

Upvote 0
You need to have lights in at least 2 places. 3+ is preferable unless you're using a DSLR cam that can do low light without ripping with movement. That way you don't have to worry about bad angles or weird shadows. It's all lit up.

Upvote 0
You need to have lights in at least 2 places. 3+ is preferable unless you're using a DSLR cam that can do low light without ripping with movement. That way you don't have to worry about bad angles or weird shadows. It's all lit up.
oooooh 3+ lights to DSLR camera. GOLD ADVICE! THANK YOU!
I just started using it and yesss two lights is not enough. Do you have idea in which distance amd angle shall i set those 3 light? I have softbox, ring lamp and two standing lamps from ikea.

Upvote 0
I know you didn't ask me but here's my current setup light and camera wise. I use the Logitec Biro set to soften the image. Then I use a modified 5 point light set up, main ring behind camera hitting me straight on. My fills, currently softboxs set up off to either side about 2ish feet away angled to fill in from the sides to soften any shadows created by the front lighting. I use my last two lights to light up the back to push me off of the background. I'm currently using RGB LED floods for that. They are set away from the wall angled in. Enjoy my very rough paint illustration XD

lighting.png

Upvote 0
I know you didn't ask me but here's my current setup light and camera wise. I use the Logitec Biro set to soften the image. Then I use a modified 5 point light set up, main ring behind camera hitting me straight on. My fills, currently softboxs set up off to either side about 2ish feet away angled to fill in from the sides to soften any shadows created by the front lighting. I use my last two lights to light up the back to push me off of the background. I'm currently using RGB LED floods for that. They are set away from the wall angled in. Enjoy my very rough paint illustration XD

View attachment 88336
But this what u sent u use for brio ? Im using brio also right now and tomorrow I will start use Sony a6400 to broadcast, but what I noticed that DSLR camera act completely different than webcam when we talk about lights set. Lighting setting made for brio looks totally weird when i use sony.

Upvote 0
But this what u sent u use for brio ? Im using brio also right now and tomorrow I will start use Sony a6400 to broadcast, but what I noticed that DSLR camera act completely different than webcam when we talk about lights set. Lighting setting made for brio looks totally weird when i use sony.
A 5 point light setup is industry standard for shooting with all kinds of cameras, not just webcams, for both video and photography. You may have to shuffle the distance or brightness for best effect with your particular. I was just offering my setup as a possible option for testing

Upvote 0
I would guess that it's due to a large difference in dynamic range

Upvote 0
@EleanorGee is correct. I have mood lighting all behind where she has her floods. It provides a softer glow for when I do low light shows. I have soft boxes that can dim and change from white florescent to more of a softer color.

Webcams get grainy and the frames are way more noticeable when using low light. DSLR if set up correctly can do fantastic shows with low light without going grainy or ripping (the video looks like it momentarily tears when moving too fast in low light). Webcams work best with brighter lights.

The tall paper lights from Ikea work good as back lights and look better on cam - i forget the actual name of them but they diffuse the light and are cheap.

Upvote 0
@EleanorGee is correct. I have mood lighting all behind where she has her floods. It provides a softer glow for when I do low light shows. I have soft boxes that can dim and change from white florescent to more of a softer color.

Webcams get grainy and the frames are way more noticeable when using low light. DSLR if set up correctly can do fantastic shows with low light without going grainy or ripping (the video looks like it momentarily tears when moving too fast in low light). Webcams work best with brighter lights.

The tall paper lights from Ikea work good as back lights and look better on cam - i forget the actual name of them but they diffuse the light and are cheap.
I know those lights;) I have two actually. And one softbox and one ring lamp. So how the best i should put those lights? For example: ring lamp behind camera in front of me, softbox from side and two ikea lamps behind me? Im a beguinner in DSLR cameras and cant find the perfect placement to get the best lights efect. For now is too much or too shadow hehe

Upvote 0
Can you explain more?
If you look at these 3 images you can see how his skin looks different in each based on the dynamic range. With the mirrorless camera on the left there is barely any difference between the brightest and darkest part of his face. With the webcam on the right you can see a line where the light on his face transitions from super bright to dark.
1621439465564.png
Dynamic range is basically the difference between the brightest and darkest part of an image that a camera can capture.

Upvote 0
So many creative cam setups and investments in video and lighting, there are a few rooms where the resolution and color is so very high (often with a fixed focus, soft out backgrounds), is that because they are using $1000+ DSLR?

Is the only way to get that high resolution stream is through such an expensive setup? Or can the same effect be achieved with creative lower cost setups?

Upvote 0
So many creative cam setups and investments in video and lighting, there are a few rooms where the resolution and color is so very high (often with a fixed focus, soft out backgrounds), is that because they are using $1000+ DSLR?

Is the only way to get that high resolution stream is through such an expensive setup? Or can the same effect be achieved with creative lower cost setups?

Most people still use autofocus, but the only way to get that look is with an actual camera. Though, you don't need to spend over $1000, especially because the used market for camera gear is pretty good.

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
Upvote 0

Soft out background you mean blurred?Now i have DSLR camera to do that but I was making cheaper option to blur backround before. Its not perfect,but I liked it. Its chroma cam. Lifetime license is 25 or 29 dollars. Is making greenscreens,but adding your own background look shitty but blur option look not bad:) I liked it. Minus is that wit chroma cam you can have max HD, no HD+. When u have chromacam , its showing up as a webcam in OBS for example and your main camera can be with blur option. Its not comparable to DSLR camera effect but when u have normal webcam ,it look really good. SOmetimes the conturs are shaking because greenscreen effect is not perfect, but you can try :)This is me with logitech brio+ chroma cam+ some LUTS filter set with OBS.

Attachments

• Eyuc5evWUAEkku1.jpg
    Eyuc5evWUAEkku1.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 25
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.