AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Any other members have a bad connection?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 16, 2011
My internet connection is pretty slow. I notice in some rooms this will cause a problem with the screen skipping frames. Anyway, my theory of it is that it takes more bandwidth to download the streams from models who have a clearer resolution (HD), while the models with poor quality cams are actually fine. So ironically I wish there was a way to reduce the quality of the cam on an individual member basis? I doubt MFC will ever have this feature but I was wondering if anyone else had a similar problem.

I had that same problem. You can try to lower the quality of the feed through Adobe Flash Player (right click on the video) but it didn't worked for me. To solve that, I had to upgrade my ISP plan.

Nope, there isn't.

I feel your pain though; we're probably in the 1% that can't afford blazing fast internet. The odd part for me though is that some models who do broadcast in HD will stream for me with no problems and others will stutter literally every 2-3 seconds. Even some HD cam previews won't show up which is ridiculous since it's a still image.

Maybe I ought to get a Internet Networking degree or some shit to fully understand this shit.

I'm stuck with a rural "broadband" connection over radio wave. Things cap out around 1-2 Megabits a second. The town seven miles away has Cable and DSL options. My cell phone gets better bandwidth when it's connected to a 4G tower.

I get it pretty frequently too, which is infuriating, since I'm supposed to have decent internet. And, of course, it does it while I'm broadcasting, too, though that's partially the site I work on and part my connection.

Yep, I have on a regular basis bad connections !

Other country, big age gap, other gender, social awkwardness (my side) those things makes it very difficult to build a good connection, however, tokens do help !

yep, right here.

my internet starts crapping out when everyone gets off work and out of school and doesn't clear up til about 11pm -midnight
prime time perving for me is an hour or so before I go to work (no one is online) and an hour or so after I get home from work (I have shorter work days that most people) so unfortunately, these times rarely coincide with the some of the models I want to perv the most.

for my sake, change your schedules!!! :p

Webcam streams usually all have different bit rates depending on what the model's own PC, Internet speed limits, and connection quality to the cam site's servers can support. The higher the Kbps, the more data per second that has to be uploaded by them and downloaded by the user.

As the receiver, then your PC specs and Internet speed limits; as well as the overall Internet connection between the geographic location of the model, the cam server, and the user's location effect how well you receive that data. You can get a small amount of improvement sometimes by closing out as many other programs, browser add-ons, etc... that you don't need on your computer while watching a stream. Lot of people have things using small amounts of their Internet connection, or large amounts of their PC's RAM, without even thinking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.