AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Any other true crime nerds here?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love true crime!
I personally don't feel as though the owl theory stands up and that The Staircase was extremely biased.
Mainly, I haven't seen a good explanation for the crushed thyroid cartilage and how it would relate to an owl attack. She also had defensive bruises on her arms, but if she were fighting off an owl wouldn't she also have talon marks on her arms and hands? If a bird were attacking my head my immediate reaction would be to cover it with my arms, which would most definitely result in lacerations. I just think it's too outlandish to make much sense especially when you take all the other information into consideration (their debt, the threat of her losing her job, his infidelity, etc).

I still have the last episode of "It Was Him: The Many Murders of Ed Edwards" to watch. Moderately interesting look at a possible suspect/candidate to be the "Zodiac Killer" + some other serial killer cases. I would say the principle investigator goes tin foil crazy, but was entertaining. I haven't started the "Staircase" but it is on my list in Netflix. I have to say the last series I watched on Netflix of this nature was "The Keepers" - I can't recall anything that has audibly made me say WTF so often in a shocking sense.

Reactions: Kitty1purry
I love watching the id channel, nat geo's air disasters, the mentalist, inspector lynley's mysteries which I don't know if you heard of, but the chemistry between the actors is amazing and the pilot till season 3 or 4 is great afterward it went downhill for me, CSI MIAMI like crazy, watched all 10 seasons! #nuts

Reactions: Kitty1purry
The mishandling and misrepresentation of the scene and evidence was just...so gross this should have just been thrown out. I think Peterson did it still though, just not with the blow poke. I just can't wrap my head around how a skinny middle aged lady can fall with that amount of force from 3!!! Steps to cause those lacerations and bleeding unless she was running like 30+mph. They had a biomechanical guy there, why didn't they go into more of the actual physics rather than just proving how it was possible she could have fallen to hit her head in said spots? What about the force involved? Every expert that was called on seemed to do such a superficial job. Maybe they did go more in depth and was just edited out- I just think if this documentary is meant to convince me of his innocence they didn't do a good enough job. I think they argued about something and he shoved her head.

I have 0 idea why he'd kill the first lady in germany- I wonder if he took her kids in because he felt guilty or wanted to look better if he was caught.

I live true crime because I hate sleep, I even almost majored in forensick in university on a big podcast kick while editing content etc and while it's not a sexy mood it's so interesting in a morbid way I feel like I have this mentality where "the more I know about true crime the less likely it is to happen to me"

Reactions: violetismyname
OMG! I love you guys! I thought I was the only one who gets so caught up in it!

I have watched True Detective and Forensic Files all my life, to the point where I don't like to be alone when a service guy shows up! Netflix has so many now, I always need to get my fix.

I got caught up recently watching interviews with people on Death Row. Holy Shit!

I think it's good to know. But damn creepy, and at the same time, I feel for so many people. Makes me wonder, what is the trigger that could push somebody over the edge.....

Reactions: sexyvanessa4u
The best true crime documentaries I saw this year were on Netflix. Evil Genius ( www.netflix.com/title/80158319 ) about a bizarre and clever kidnapping scheme designed to execute its victim and not to receive any money as ransom. It frustrated law enforcement for a couple of years.
But my fav was the documentary Manhunt ( www.netflix.com/title/80176878 ) about the Unabomber, Ted Kaczynski, a University of Berkeley mathematics professor who freely bombed America and bewildered the FBI over a span of 3 decades before he was caught by a new science, forensic linguistic analysis.

I just watched the new Ted Bundy series on Netflix and found it fascinating. It covers old ground but with Bundy's voice on tape it was chillingly creepy at times. He's always been of interest to me, because I was hanging around Seattle's U District in that same time period.

I just wrapped up the Ted Bundy series last night. Watching that series it became abundantly clear that I "knew of" Ted Bundy, but I really had no real knowledge of the murders he committed. Watching it though, it was unnerving of how unassuming he appeared or how his personality would shift.

I'm obsessed with Forensic Files! It's usually on really late at night, between 3-5 am here, so I record it and watch it later. I've probably seen every episode or almost every episode. I also like watching Snapped (about female murderers.)

Anyone seen the jonbenet episode w Barbara Walter's on hulu?

I wonder if her dad set up some kind of scheme to launder his bonus and it went wrong? Kind of like Fargo

I’ll have to check that out! I’ve always been so curious with that case. I just read “Foreign Faction” about the murder and it’s really good. It explores more of the family involvement theories.

I am a big fan of true crime tv as a form of entertainment. It sucks when it hits a little too close to home though. A family friend was murdered in June of 2017. Her name is Egypt Covington. There has been a 3 part series put up on the web about her case, in which my cousin "Kenny," was singled out as the lone person of interest in her death.
An uncle of mine was also featured on an episode of the TV series "Gangland," with the distorted voice and shadowy silhouette, about the biker gang the Devil's Diciples. My father died in prison, and my 1/2 brother was shot and killed for living that biker lifestyle.

• Hugs
Reactions: ThePrincessLuxy
I LOVE crime docs...like obsessed. The one that really got me was Abducted in Plain Sight...what the actual fuck. *mind blown*

Duuuuuuude yes that doc is so fucked. Unpopular opinion but I feel like those parents should've gone to jail.

Netflix is srsly killin it with the true crime docs lately. Except that weird Bundy love tribute, that was gross and no one should watch it.

Last edited:
I like a bit true crime but lately I'm absolutely obsessed with Chris Watts case. I think because I actually remember reading news about everything as it went on. Now there are so many YouTube channels dissecting what went down, and sheer abundance is just feeding my obsession.

i am completely obsessed!
abducted in plain sight
making a murderer (I thinjk hes innocent and even if he is not the prosecuter was an ass and totally unprofessional )
I couldn't get on with staircase may go back to it its in my watch list half watched lol
ted bundy tapes obviously lol
grindr killer
toy box killer
literally I watch this stuff every damn day haha I wish I could watch it with people in my cam room with out freaking them out ha

Duuuuuuude yes that doc is so fucked. Unpopular opinion but I feel like those parents should've gone to jail.

Netflix is srsly killin it with the true crime docs lately. Except that weird Bundy love tribute, that was gross and no one should watch it.

I agree the ted Bundy tapes were completely romanticized however I watch crime due to the phycology behind it which I find fascinating the tapes gave me information to keep researching him and his character .the way he was able to get away with things is fascinating and takes a clever mind yet he appeared very unbothered by it all witch is disturbing ….I find the mind behind the crime absolutely fascinating I spend HOURS researching lol

Status
Not open for further replies.