AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Any Time Warner users out there?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnuggieBear

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Feb 12, 2013
So I successfully moved into my new apartment (yay! And a hearty thank you to all the people who commented on my thread that addressed this issue earlier.)

This is another question that might only apply to fellow NYCers, but I'm now trying to figure out what Time Warner cable package I should sign up for in order to get cam-appropriate high speed Internet. For example, the basic package offers a download speed of up to 15 Mbps and an upload speed of up to 1 Mbps. Is that enough for streaming and connecting other devices via wireless, watching movies online, etc? Or do you think I should upgrade to the Standard or Turbo package? I'm confused but I don't want to spend more than I need to per month to my Internet provider.

Thank you in advance!

SnuggieBear said:
So I successfully moved into my new apartment (yay! And a hearty thank you to all the people who commented on my thread that addressed this issue earlier.)

This is another question that might only apply to fellow NYCers, but I'm now trying to figure out what Time Warner cable package I should sign up for in order to get cam-appropriate high speed Internet. For example, the basic package offers a download speed of up to 15 Mbps and an upload speed of up to 1 Mbps. Is that enough for streaming and connecting other devices via wireless, watching movies online, etc? Or do you think I should upgrade to the Standard or Turbo package? I'm confused but I don't want to spend more than I need to per month to my Internet provider.

Thank you in advance!

For camming you want to be aware of the upload speed. 1 Mbps is usually just ok for camming, it is doable but you could have some problems. If you can get 5Mbps upload, you will have an easier time. The download speed of 15 Mbps is plenty for everything else you mentioned. You will want to check out the upload speeds you can get, do not just look at the packages they offer online or in advertisements. Call them directly to get the best deals.

I have 1mbps upload and it´s fine. If I could get a better package I would in a second though, mostly because uploading videos with only 1mbps takes forever. And ever.

I don't know about New York City, but I had Time Warner back in California before I moved. I started with 1 mbps up, but that was only just barely good enough and I upgraded to a 5 mbps. That worked... better. But now that I moved, I have higher options (and I'm not sure what you have available in NYC), but I now get 105 down and 10-11 up with a 10 ping. This allows me to stream smoothly in HD format which I was never able to do before. (And of course pics and vids upload crazy fast).

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.