AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Anybody else hit a quiet patch??

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 20, 2016
Hi there

Ok so I've been camming since January on average hit 5000 tokens a night over 4 hour span. Well past 2 weeks I'm lucky if I make 1000 in that time! My cam score has dropped and I'm getting fed up. Fully aware that camming has its ups and downs but just don't know what's happened! Anybody else hit a quiet spot recently? Considering trying another site but mfcs has been good to me until recently :s

Been rough for me on all clip sites and cam sites I work. And of course I just left my vanilla job lol. Just keeping pushing on!

Last time I was on mfc I made 120 tokens. Lololol

• Hugs
Reactions: Erinbanks86
Same thing is happening for me & I looked at my history and had a similar experience last year at this time- I posted about it in the models only section. It's taking me twice the time it used to (sometimes more) to make goal, so I'm just working twice as long right now. The benefit of being on longer is you meet more people in a day, and my room count is actually growing. It will be okay, just keep going and remember that camming just fluctuates and you need to work with it. Like you said, camming has its ups and downs and this is a downtime for you (and me). This is your chance to show yourself you can work with the downs! Be good to the people who are showing up to see you everyday. My regulars have been a real gift during this time. You got this!

I've found summer to always be the slow season for us unfortunately :/ don't feel bad it's an all around thing and I've seen it on twitter both through tweets and a group of camgirls I correspond with almost daily, it's slow for all of us lately everywhere

I've actually had business pick up! Strangely viewership has been down but I guess I've been lucky with big tippers. I've also noticed, at least on the male side, it has been a lot more competitive at certain times. Like, a ton of models to choose from when I remember even 6 months ago there were like half available to choose from. Always up and down periods though, it's the worst feeling going on a bad streak. But when you break it you feel rewarded :D

It's been dead on SM.. I maybe get one person in my room per hour and they're jumpers or timewasters. I've had better luck with Skyprivate. I keep it logged in from the time I get up to the time I go to sleep. So far I'm about 1 show per 4 people who contact me, but the payout is better. Seriously considering switching to mfc or something because I have a crazy idea that there should actually be conversations mixed with sex in this line of work...

Summer slump. Everyone would rather be out doing things then sitting at home with a dick in their hand.
I've found my video sales has been staying stable at least :) Maybe focus on that if it's something you do?

Reactions: Val Vega
Summer slump. Everyone would rather be out doing things then sitting at home with a dick in their hand.
I've found my video sales has been staying stable at least :) Maybe focus on that if it's something you do?
I have this weird hang up where I feel like trying to make videos myself is going to compromise quality... Does everyone do their own videos? I'm a perfectionist to a fault lol...

I have this weird hang up where I feel like trying to make videos myself is going to compromise quality... Does everyone do their own videos? I'm a perfectionist to a fault lol...

I had the same issue. I just decided fuck it. Basically everyone starts off with shitter quality videos than they want, everyone I've talked to anyway. I'm just running with making videos, making mistakes and learning from them as I go till I get the perfection I want.

Last June was my slowest month of the year. So far this June looks like it will probably be better than last year, but much slower then last month!!!

It's common this time of year. As a member, I've seen many models fail to meet goals on consecutive days Unsure if member count is where it should be, as I really don't track it from day to day (I focus on the model and her show ;) ).

The SummerSlump can be a total demotivator but we can work through it! It's a pretty common thing over the years, once the colder season comes back it starts to pick back up a little, then toward nov/dec it gets busy!

Yeah, it's primo outdoor/family time for a lot of folks. Last two weeks have been slow for me-- perhaps a 30% reduction in income-- but as others have pointed out, that's a recurring theme this time of year. I suggest amping up your advertising and maybe looking into secondary income streams.

We'll get through it, we always do. I was just talking to a relatively well-known girlfriend about her sales on the phone this morning and she's in the same boat. Chin up.

Reactions: Mature-Robyn
I thought around nov-dec it slows down because people are saving money for Christmas and doing a lot of sopping elsewhere
I've encountered people being more generous due to the spirit of the season, but to each their own. Pretty much any December I've put in the time I've done better than usual.

I think the above proves there is a reason/excuse for all times of year. If you can rule out equipment/performer issues then im afraif you just have to work longer, its the same for all self employed people in all lines of work

Reactions: AmberCutie
This is my fourth year, every summer it slows down. It's pretty normal.

Kids are home from school and staying up later. Vacations. It's nicer outside. So many summer variables.

My advice is to increase your hours spent online. Work longer shifts. Also try different times then you normaly do. You have a customer base that doesn't know you because they only visit the site in different times. Some guys like new shiny things to jerk off to.

yuuup its real.
pulling an all nighter again tonight to try to reach goal
and then back at it tomorrow afternoon.

Am having a very quiet patch as a member, have barely been on site this month; and it isn't looking like I will find much time over the next few weeks. Just been too busy to expend the kind of time and energy required to enjoy it right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.