AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Average Girl on MFC

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2019
I've been camming for almost 8 months now!

It's been a rocky road from the bottom. I haven't been on too much in the last month due to personal reasons.

But I just wanted to shed some light on what goes on in the lower camscore/ranking rooms.

First off I want to start by saying, I am a good looking girl, not perfect, but I've always been told I'm pretty. I'm about 30 lbs heavier than what I'd like. But even with that I still make money.

My highest ranking on the site has been #8050 overall and I started out at #16000. So I about doubled my ranking since I started. I've gone down in the past month though. I've been neglecting my camming due to personal reasons so this is my own fault.

I was going on for 2-15 hour nights 5 times a week. So I was putting in probably 40 hour weeks or close.

I'm 8050 on the site, so that means there's 8050 girls making more money than I am. But that being said I don't think that's too bad considering how many models there are overall which I'm not sure the number.

I'm going to do something I wouldn't normally do, reveal my income. Alright here goes, I was taking home about $600 a month for my efforts. This past month. I've only made about $80!

I live on about $1000 a month from all my sources of income.

So believe me when I tell you this job is hard for the average girl and your making less than minimum wage and putting in full-time hours.

I think you just have to be lucky honestly at the beginning and get a lot of viewers with your new model status. Because I only get between 0-15 people in my room at any given time. In fact I'm usually only talking to a couple guys who are my regulars. And my regulars aren't always tipping me either.

I get a lot of freeloaders too which is really annoying.

There's no way that this is a livable income for me but I'm treating it like a full time job and my earnings were growing every month until now. I intend to jump back into next month though.

I feel like this is a more accurate representation of what it's going to be like for your average model than all these big numbers that everyone seems to think is the norm.

The average girl who isn't fully established and just starting up and has no following and isn't a perfect 10. This is more like what you will be able to expect.

I wish I made $4000 a month and was in the top 1000s. I'd say that after I hit a year with the camming my earnings and ranking will have gone back up again and hopefully raised a little higher.

My goal by my cammiversary is to be making $1000 a month $500 each pay cheque and honestly that will be more livable for me. Altogether I make about $1500 a month and I get by. But I don't have a car, and I can't afford to sink much money back into my camming. I only just was able to afford a new webcam after 7 months of camming.

Then if I keep going with the camming hopefully my income will only go up from there. But in the end do I regret it do I enjoy it? The answer is a hard yes.

Even though I am not making even close to what the top girls make I am still thankful for what I do make it makes all the difference in my life. As for the work, I enjoy that too. I like talking to people from all over the world and I love getting tipped... Gotta love that sound! All for just being me! I am always myself and I think I conduct myself in a classy manor. Most of the time I am fully clothed! And I really enjoy being watched and showing off sometimes I'm just feeling like being flirty and sometimes I'm just there to chat. But I try to make the promise to myself to go on everyday that I can and to treat it like a full time job. What else have I got to do anyways that makes me money? Not much else.

I was wrongfully fired from my job two years ago I lost everything. Webcamming has been the only job that has worked out for me and even though I wish I made more money, and I know I will because when I put the time and effort in, it shows in my income, and my income and followers only grows the more time I put into it.

I started from the very bottom and worked my way up. And I've still got a long way to go but I just wanted to make this post to encourage any other models who've struggled and wondered what it's really like.

I'll also say that you really do need to have a thick skin because I've had lots of guys try to push me around. I've never had someone come into my room and be angry or irate or rude. But I have had a lot of guys try to tell me they can help me out by changing my tip menu and directing me on how to do my shows. I also got duped by a guy who offered to pay me a lot of money to do certain things for him and wasted about a week of my time and had me scared to lose my job on MFC saying he was going to get me fired for not doing as he says. So please beware of scammers like this. The customers really want to have control over you sometimes and you have to stand your ground.

Anyways, I think that's about all I wanted to say. I hope that this reaches some cam girls who were just like me when I was starting out. Looking for some accurate info from an average girl.

Anyways thanks for reading!

--Reagan_Star

Thanks for sharing. I have been trying to work hard on MFC as well. It doesn't seem to be working out too much for me on there. I found a camming coach and she is gonna help me out. I'm moving over to Stripchat right now. I hope that site works out better for me.

Upvote 0
Thanks for sharing your story! I am solely on MFC, joined in November 2019. My first month was so much better than I expected.
Since then, it has been so unpredictable! I find it hard to build up again after time off (I don't go online at all during my period, which cuts out 25% of the month!), and recently had minor surgery which will mean a month off in total!
I enjoy going on, but when it's quiet in my room I find it really difficult to stay upbeat which in turn makes it more difficult to attract new people to my room!
I wondered about split camming but wasn't sure if that would mean I don't pay as much attention to people in my room so it would have an adverse affect?
Good luck Reagan_star! Remember to have fun with it. xx

Upvote 0
Definitely try other sites and make some content!! You're putting in a ton of hours to be at 8000. Mfc share can be great for making some extra tokens. It'll drive traffic to your room too. Make a free teaser clip to promote a paid video. Try other sites as well- I tend to get buried on Chaturbate but do really well on others like my main one I'm top 200. Fully clothed can definitely be harder to attract guys but it can be done.

Reactions: ShyPenny
Upvote 0
Danigirl, which other site do you use that you are top 200? I tried Camsoda and Chaturbate and haven't made much if anything on either site. Someone recommended stripchat to me I was thinking of trying that out. I want to be a top model but just not getting there. It will be my year cammiversary June 16th. I have made a bunch of new content for my MFC share page as well as posted some things for sale, a goal, and I'm starting to be more of a sales person and getting more creative with my sales pitches.

I'm not sure what else to do. I post on social media Twitter and Instagram which my following on Instagram is better than on my twitter.

Not sure how to grow these things either.

I am in desperate need of some exposure! Help a girl out!

Upvote 0
Danigirl, which other site do you use that you are top 200? I tried Camsoda and Chaturbate and haven't made much if anything on either site. Someone recommended stripchat to me I was thinking of trying that out. I want to be a top model but just not getting there. It will be my year cammiversary June 16th. I have made a bunch of new content for my MFC share page as well as posted some things for sale, a goal, and I'm starting to be more of a sales person and getting more creative with my sales pitches.

I'm not sure what else to do. I post on social media Twitter and Instagram which my following on Instagram is better than on my twitter.

Not sure how to grow these things either.

I am in desperate need of some exposure! Help a girl out!

Try to find the site that works for you. Chaturbate for instance is really different from MFC. Use the right apps and bots, have your bio up to date, and make sure your camquality is good. And even then it is still depending on which hours etc you broadcast. Chaturbate can be overwhelming becauce there are so many apps etc you can use.
For example a platform like Cam4 is a lot less advanced, but that also makes it easier to setup and concentrate on the chat and cam I think.

Make sure you add content on all those platforms, link to your social media, and I would not recommend Instagram for it, cause they dont like adult content.

And maybe it might help to have some people watch your broadcast to see if they have advice

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.