AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Anyone Can Promote Your Room Now

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
I feel like there's a key piece of information you are missing. There is a limited number of placements for each 5 minute block.

When Chaturbate released the feature they gave models a notice that explained exactly how it works.

If they didn't limit the amount of placements for each 5 minutes then you would end up with queues that could be so long that by the time a model gets their room displayed they might have logged off, so the way that it is actually set up does work and does make sense. As more models want placement the price of that placement goes up as the availability for it goes down. Traffic currently on the site is another thing that influences the price of placement.

it's also not a chance of showing up the the paid spot. It's guaranteed.
Thank you for the info that the number of pool places is limited, the promotion details doesn't state that there is a maximum cap on numbers.
The comment I made about potentially not showing up in the paid promo spot was intended to relate to the chance that any given member may not see a model in the pool at any time during those 5 minutes. Perhaps I worded it clumsily, but using Chaturbate's own words "we cannot guarantee that each Community Member will see you in the promoted slot or see you for an equal amount of time." probably better explains it.

Upvote 0
Thank you for the info that the number of pool places is limited, the promotion details doesn't state that there is a maximum cap on numbers.
The comment I made about potentially not showing up in the paid promo spot was intended to relate to the chance that any given member may not see a model in the pool at any time during those 5 minutes. Perhaps I worded it clumsily, but using Chaturbate's own words "we cannot guarantee that each Community Member will see you in the promoted slot or see you for an equal amount of time." probably better explains it.
Yeah, while they cant guarantee that every member on the site will see you in the position the placement is guaranteed for 5 mins ( as in guaranteed that at least some members will see you in that position). Different sessions (members, non logged in users etc) will see a different model in the promo spot at the same time.

Reactions: rockin_rod
Upvote 0
The crappy part is all of these suggestions are coming from tippers, not models. They actively ignore the things we ask for.
As someone who designs web experiences for a living, I have become fairly adept at identifying which suggestions have come from those who use the site and which have come from developers and managers. I can't imagine a single tipper asking for a feature which takes their money, gives none of it to the model and then floods the model's room with greys for 5 minutes.

Reactions: Slapstick
Upvote 0
As someone who designs web experiences for a living, I have become fairly adept at identifying which suggestions have come from those who use the site and which have come from developers and managers. I can't imagine a single tipper asking for a feature which takes their money, gives none of it to the model and then floods the model's room with greys for 5 minutes.
But if you put it this way..

I" promote the room to bring other tippers in so that I can continue watching the show which will only get better as more people will contribute by tipping. Model is happy, I am happy."

I dont think users would know exactly what will happen once they hit that button.

Upvote 0
Well let's put it this way:

I charge 150 tokens to promote my room, regardless of what the actual cost at the moment is. So do you want to give me 150 tokens and I pay CB 50/60/70 tokens and I keep the balance or do you want to pay CB 50 tokens and have 100 to tip an action item?

Not rocket science.

Upvote 0
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if there is a message that appears in the public chat when a user does the 'promote' thing themself?
(and if not, I'd at least hope the broadcaster gets notified).

Upvote 0
I just realized that adding ANYTHING at the top of your profile, removes this function
So putting any link button at the top of the profile I guess is a way of opting out of this :D
1711613707755.png

Upvote 0
I just realized that adding ANYTHING at the top of your profile, removes this function
So putting any link button at the top of the profile I guess is a way of opting out of this :D
View attachment 99692
Does it remove it or just cover it?
if it removes it I am curious if you open inspector and set the buttons that were added over it to display hidden if it comes back 🤔

Upvote 0
Does it remove it or just cover it?
if it removes it I am curious if you open inspector and set the buttons that were added over it to display hidden if it comes back 🤔
it doesn't FULLY remove it, but it makes it so it's not right there.. it can still be found if you go in the inspector and start deleting the code that has the buttons..

ETA; So I guess it's a start at least for those who doesn't want the promote button there

Last edited:
Reactions: KingMarti
Upvote 0
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if there is a message that appears in the public chat when a user does the 'promote' thing themself?
(and if not, I'd at least hope the broadcaster gets notified).
YUP it appears in the chat, and the model gets the statistics of how many people saw it also

Upvote 0
It puts them on spot #9 in the front page, if you take a look it always say "Promoted" on that spot :)
just to re-confirm there is the "featured tab" on the desktop verison and the "women tab" and the "mens tab" and so on, I now notice the no 9 positon is "Promoted", so would a model be promoted ot their gender tab or the on the featured tab?

Upvote 0
just to re-confirm there is the "featured tab" on the desktop verison and the "women tab" and the "mens tab" and so on, I now notice the no 9 positon is "Promoted", so would a model be promoted ot their gender tab or the on the featured tab?
Featured

Reactions: deltaepsilon
Upvote 0
On both, under featured and their specific tab. Couples will be promoted under couples tab as well, men under the men tab and trans under the the trans tab

At least that is how I see it on desktop

Reactions: deltaepsilon
Upvote 0
It puts them on spot #9 in the front page, if you take a look it always say "Promoted" on that spot :)
I think it also adds a couple of others promoted accounts underneath it too. Just I've noticed when I look under women recently that there's a few girls with about 20 viewers only underneath the promoted account.

Upvote 0
I think it also adds a couple of others promoted accounts underneath it too. Just I've noticed when I look under women recently that there's a few girls with about 20 viewers only underneath the promoted account.
nope, there's just one promo spot. Promo spot can be identified with the promo tag. if it doesn't have the promo tag it's not a promo spot.

Reactions: Wuggie and Vixxen81
Upvote 0
I've noticed the same thing for a week or two now. Usually there's a handful of models with randomly low viewer numbers in the first 2-3 rows. I'm not sure what's going on with that. I thought it was just some CB glitch at first, but idk. I noticed that it was different models when I logged out.

Upvote 0
So it actually happened to me today and boy I'm pissed. I am having to stand here and do the peepee dance because he said he was leaving and I was about to walk away when he promotes the room for five minutes.

• Hugs
Upvote 0
Who thought this was a great idea? Now anyone can promote my room without my consent? Is there something that I can agree to first before that happens?
How does this work? I'm not a regular visitor to CB but I stop by occasionally, and I've seen that new "Promote this Room" option that a customer may click. Is this just another way for CB to make money? And what does it actually do?

It seems like if this caught on, and lot of members were paying whatever it costs (I haven't looked), wouldn't it start to lost whatever positive effect it might initialy have? Because eventually, if everyone is promoted, no one is promoted...

Upvote 0
Ohhhhh......... So it only promotes you for a few minutes?? Wow...that's a clever little cash cow for the site! Do you think it will bring in more money for models?
Start from the beginning of this thread and read down.

Upvote 0
So it actually happened to me today and boy I'm pissed. I am having to stand here and do the peepee dance because he said he was leaving and I was about to walk away when he promotes the room for five minutes.
So you get a notification that someone has hit the 'Promote this room'?

Upvote 0
That's your takeaway from that?
No, it was just a question because I was wondering. In my opinion promoting, whether by model or user, makes no sense if the model just sits there, or if they just walked out of the picture. (which is why it should be controlled by the model)

Upvote 0
No, it was just a question because I was wondering. In my opinion promoting, whether by model or user, makes no sense if the model just sits there, or if they just walked out of the picture. (which is why it should be controlled by the model)
It gets posted in the chat what user promoted the room..

it's still a feature they need an opt in/out on honestly.. even if the default is opted in, at least make it a choice

Upvote 0
It's getting to be an obnoxious feature. I've tried it out... "15,000 people saw you featured on the front page!" Cool... None of them joined the room.

I starting getting this guy who comes in and tips a bunch but never says anything, which is ok, but then he promotes my room every couple of minutes. I feel bad cause it never gains me any traction, I have no idea how I should be posed, and sometimes I want to end broadcast but nope! homeboy just promoted me AGAIN. Just gimme the tokens bro.

Upvote 0
It's getting to be an obnoxious feature. I've tried it out... "15,000 people saw you featured on the front page!" Cool... None of them joined the room.

I starting getting this guy who comes in and tips a bunch but never says anything, which is ok, but then he promotes my room every couple of minutes. I feel bad cause it never gains me any traction, I have no idea how I should be posed, and sometimes I want to end broadcast but nope! homeboy just promoted me AGAIN. Just gimme the tokens bro.
It really feels like we're being held hostage because no one ever asks first. I explained it to a guy who did it to me and just how ineffectual the feature is at gaining traffic/tips. Clearly I insulted his feelings because he hasn't been back since I posted my comment about it up thread.

Upvote 0
It really feels like we're being held hostage because no one ever asks first. I explained it to a guy who did it to me and just how ineffectual the feature is at gaining traffic/tips. Clearly I insulted his feelings because he hasn't been back since I posted my comment about it up thread.
This is so odd to me, that he would not come back that is.. because if someone uses this feature, you would think it's someone that wants the best for the model (At least that's what I would think they wanted)

the only person I've used this with, I asked first to see the effect it would have on her room, and I think that is the only respectful way of doing it, ASK first.. the model might need the tokens more than any kind of promotion of the room! and I second the feature not having much positive effect, whenever we have tested it, mostly just grey and anonymous users gained..

Upvote 0