AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Anyone Can Promote Your Room Now

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
I am a mod. This feature has been helpful if used at the right time. But it has not shown the last few days. Is it showing for anyone others?
Still showing for me, but very soon after the feature was released, the original 'Promote' button disappeared from the top of the Bio page.
Instead, a link appeared just below the video pane, where there used to be a 'Get More Tokens' link - as below.
[I'd guess that it's because the original button placing didn't seem to appear in all rooms, unless the model retained the default bio page coding.]
Don't you have this? I get it in all browsers that I use.

promote link.jpg

Upvote 0
Still showing for me, but very soon after the feature was released, the original 'Promote' button disappeared from the top of the Bio page.
Instead, a link appeared just below the video pane, where there used to be a 'Get More Tokens' link - as below.
[I'd guess that it's because the original button placing didn't seem to appear in all rooms, unless the model retained the default bio page coding.]
Don't you have this? I get it in all browsers that I use.

View attachment 99981
Thanks, I see it now 😁

Upvote 0
I am a mod. This feature has been helpful if used at the right time. But it has not shown the last few days. Is it showing for anyone others?
The Lord Of The Rings Mueller Report GIF by reactionseditor

Season 1 Cheer GIF by SHOWTIME

It is literally the most vile implementation ever. Good riddance.

Upvote 0
Damn it. It should not be allowed without an opt for models. Period. Doesn't do a damn thing but put money in CB's pocket that you already paid for. It's literally stupid tax. They are taxing you for being so stupid that you think paying to promote a room will convert users. One out of every 10,000 maybe.

Upvote 0
I think the Chaturbate higher ups are just scared at the moment to be honest. Stripchat is growing so rapidly that at it's current rate of growth it will overtake Chaturbate. The thing is the grass isn't greener on the other side and more features doesn't necessarily make for a better experience. I could create a pretty large list of "features" other Cam Sites have I wouldn't want on Chaturbate. A Cam Model score being the first one. At the moment the promotional spot is really just for 1 or 2 spots on the front page and I can understand this being useful for new performers who don't have a following but not having an opt-out was a reaaaally bad idea.

As much as I think the UI for Chaturbate is awful their bot developer and back end systems are incredibly good. This is stuff Models don't usually see but they put a lot of effort into this. They just seriously need to hire some better UI designers and stop copying features from other sites when they aren't needed

Reactions: babykalina
Upvote 0
I think the Chaturbate higher ups are just scared at the moment to be honest. Stripchat is growing so rapidly that at it's current rate of growth it will overtake Chaturbate. The thing is the grass isn't greener on the other side and more features doesn't necessarily make for a better experience. I could create a pretty large list of "features" other Cam Sites have I wouldn't want on Chaturbate. A Cam Model score being the first one. At the moment the promotional spot is really just for 1 or 2 spots on the front page and I can understand this being useful for new performers who don't have a following but not having an opt-out was a reaaaally bad idea.

As much as I think the UI for Chaturbate is awful their bot developer and back end systems are incredibly good. This is stuff Models don't usually see but they put a lot of effort into this. They just seriously need to hire some better UI designers and stop copying features from other sites when they aren't needed
I don't think Stripchat is ever going to soar over CB simply because they don't allow pets on cam. What CB has that other sites don't is an insight into a "daily life of a cam model."

Upvote 0
I don't think Stripchat is ever going to soar over CB simply because they don't allow pets on cam. What CB has that other sites don't is an insight into a "daily life of a cam model."
That's a good point. I think also the freedom Chaturbate gives to performers in the form of advertising other fan sites, socials etc... and the creativity of the performers. I do wonder if Stripchat will plateau at some point but at the moment it just keeps growing.

Just to be clear btw I don't want Stripchat to take over. I think Chaturbate as a platform is considerably better in a lot of ways

Reactions: Vixxen81
Upvote 0
I don't think Stripchat is ever going to soar over CB simply because they don't allow pets on cam.
Unless something changed recently that I don't know of you can have pets on cam on Stripchat when not naked and/or performing sexual actions. Of course here we can get into what does sexual mean, especially on a cam site.

Upvote 0
Actually if any Chaturbate developers are reading this. You could significantly improve your site for an international audience with this one simple feature.

Language searching

p.s. if you're hiring hmu 😝
view page source on the site for job listings ;)

Upvote 0
Unless something changed recently that I don't know of you can have pets on cam on Stripchat when not naked and/or performing sexual actions. Of course here we can get into what does sexual mean, especially on a cam site.
Chaturbate only has the "when sexual stuff" in play. I'm not locking my cat up just because I'm naked. I know it sounds like an awfully strange hill to die on but this is her home as much as it is mine, putting her behind a door or denying her access will only cause her to wail and scream her silly little head off which is more distressing to me than hearing a child cry.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Chaturbate only has the "when sexual stuff" in play. I'm not locking my cat up just because I'm naked. I know it sounds like an awfully strange hill to die on but this is her home as much as it is mine, putting her behind a door or denying her access will only cause her to wail and scream her silly little head off which is more distressing to me than hearing a child cry.
I actually think that's a completely fine hill to stand your ground on! I will close my door for bedroom or my office if I'm doing anything sexual, but that's because I find it odd having her around while anything active is happening, for just being naked, NOPE.. (I found it effective to give her snacks before because she often fall asleep right after)

Upvote 0
I actually think that's a completely fine hill to stand your ground on! I will close my door for bedroom or my office if I'm doing anything sexual, but that's because I find it odd having her around while anything active is happening, for just being naked, NOPE.. (I found it effective to give her snacks before because she often fall asleep right after)
I'm not a sexual stuff kind of room any way, barring the occasional private.

She lays on the floor at my feet and sometimes she'll jump on the back of my chair. But she's not in my lap or anything like that. I reach down to pet her when I get stressed and she calms me down.

Upvote 0
I'm not a sexual stuff kind of room any way, barring the occasional private.

She lays on the floor at my feet and sometimes she'll jump on the back of my chair. But she's not in my lap or anything like that. I reach down to pet her when I get stressed and she calms me down.
I have the same, whatever time I spend on CB or SC, is very rarely sexual in any way, and she is often inbetween my monitor and my keyboard whenever I'm in the office.. and often she will reach out for my hand whenever she think she needs to be petted, and I will always make space for that pretty much no matter what I'm doing..
IMG_3197.jpg

Upvote 0
I have the same, whatever time I spend on CB or SC, is very rarely sexual in any way, and she is often inbetween my monitor and my keyboard whenever I'm in the office.. and often she will reach out for my hand whenever she think she needs to be petted, and I will always make space for that pretty much no matter what I'm doing..
View attachment 100009
Void!! I love voids. I want to boop the nose.

• Hugs
Reactions: Slapstick
Upvote 0
Yeah pets are fine on a lot of sites under different circumstances. Joystick.tv, MFC, Chaturbate, CAM4, all allow em and Stripchat allows them in SFW shows.

Source: cams.nsfwsites.info

Upvote 0
View attachment 100009
Omgggggggggggggg your void is cute.

• Hugs
Reactions: Wuggie
Upvote 0
Oh I absolutely get it, it's not a weird hill to die on to me. I actually agree 100%. I just commented to clarify the specifics of Stripchat's rules.

Upvote 0
I think you can have pets on cam whilst naked and performing NSFW shows to be honest. The rule is they can't be involved in the interaction in any way. This is the response I got about it: https://i.ibb.co/Z2LVWkt/Screenshot-2024-02-14-at-22-36-05.png

Of course you might get an overly zealous Chaturbate admin though

Upvote 0
Damn it. It should not be allowed without an opt for models. Period. Doesn't do a damn thing but put money in CB's pocket that you already paid for. It's literally stupid tax. They are taxing you for being so stupid that you think paying to promote a room will convert users. One out of every 10,000 maybe.
yes, the first time we tried it, it seemed to help a lot. But after that, a little. But usually brought in at least one tipper. Only doing this once per night at the most. As a compromise, maybe this feature can be given to only moderators and fans. Also, when you click the link it should say "ask the model if she is ready". It is rude (insensiive) to promote without asking the model first. It seems that only purple people have this added.

Upvote 0
yes, the first time we tried it, it seemed to help a lot. But after that, a little. But usually brought in at least one tipper. Only doing this once per night at the most. As a compromise, maybe this feature can be given to only moderators and fans. Also, when you click the link it should say "ask the model if she is ready". It is rude (insensiive) to promote without asking the model first. It seems that only purple people have this added.
I think it should in general be something that could be opted out of as a whole from the models side, but the prompt of the model accepting it WOULD be a great addition also, however I would doubt this would be done, because from CBs perspective, this would enable a model to be able to say no to a user spending tokens directly on CB.. (Not sure this makes sense in writing, my brain is partially dead by now today)

Upvote 0
Wow that's a big increase! Do you think it's trying to cash in from broadcasters who want to control when their room is promoted, rather than when a user hits the button (for much less)?
No.

Upvote 0
Wow that's a big increase! Do you think it's to encourage user-promotion rather than self-promotion (including having it on a tip menu)?
Or just cashing in from broadcasters who want to control when their room is promoted?
So I am curious now because my assumption was that the price for users promoting the room and models promoting the room would be the same...are they not?

Upvote 0
So I am curious now because my assumption was that the price for users promoting the room and models promoting the room would be the same...are they not?
They are. Someone is dumping a bunch of coin on promoting rooms right now. It's now at 830.

Upvote 0