AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Are there any updates on how to use Amazon wishlist safely?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 6, 2021
I've read a lot of older threads, it's really quite confusing. Any info would be appreciated, Thank You

There's no real way to do it 100% safely. Amazon makes no guarantee of privacy and always will reveal the state you're shipping to at a minimum.

You can publish a wishlist with no address and take amazon gc for items. When the person sends the gc you buy the item and ship it to yourself. You could also do digital items.

If you do use a amazon wishlist here are best practices:

1. Turn off 3rd party shipping. These are most likely to give your address out to the customer.
2. Use a fake name. Your name will be visible.
3. Never ship to your house. Ideally ship to a PO box in another town or state if you're near the border. You could also use a forwarding service.
4. Don't order complicated items. Furniature, flowers and perishable food etc may have more complicated deliveries which make room for mistakes.
5. Check your privacy settings regularly and make sure you have it set to hide your info.

I think the lack of safety is based on the fact that even if you followed all precautions, if there is any hiccup on the order, the seller will not hesitate to reveal your information to the buyer.
Thats ONLY if you are using third party. Thats why we say turn it off. While amazon makes no guarantees when you buy direct from them thry do not have a habit of revealing information. They do have the new delivery video / tracker in some areas which is why we say never use your home address though.

Thats ONLY if you are using third party. Thats why we say turn it off. While amazon makes no guarantees when you buy direct from them thry do not have a habit of revealing information. They do have the new delivery video / tracker in some areas which is why we say never use your home address though.

I know the audience here is mostly American but for some countries, like Colombia, there are only third party shipping options.

Its worth knowing also that the amazon wishlist has the "I have bought this item elsewhere." option so users can mark the items as bought without actually buying them off of amazon.

Happened to me once, someone wanted to get in my good books by ticking off expensive items off my wishlist so they did but the items never turned up.

Reactions: melanieoncam
If you're one of the people (like me) who's just not comfortable using Amazon wish lists, because despite all of the precautions...you still worry about your address being revealed, you can choose to accept Amazon e-gift cards instead. Those are sent to your e-mail.

The e-gift card is probably not the most popular route to take though. I've heard (I think from members here on this forum) that some members find it less satisfying to e-mail an e-gift card, and that they prefer to just directly buy the model's gift straight from her wishlist.

Just make sure that people realize that a gift is exactly that...a GIFT. Nothing should be expected in a return except for a "thank you." If someone bought you earrings from your wishlist "as a gift," then they shouldn't turn around and be like "Hey, so since I did that for you, how about sending me that blowjob video and that shower video?"

Just make sure that people realize that a gift is exactly that...a GIFT. Nothing should be expected in a return except for a "thank you." If someone bought you earrings from your wishlist "as a gift," then they shouldn't turn around and be like "Hey, so since I did that for you, how about sending me that blowjob video and that shower video?"
Yeah exactly.

My model friend a couple of years ago needed a new computer, so she put all the various components on her wish-list before her birthday. One guy bought them *all* for her (so it was a BIG purchase).

I have no idea how he behaved in private communication with her, but some time later he commented to me in a private discussion that he felt that their relationship had declined since the pinnacle of the time when he bought her the computer components. This implied to me that he (subconsciously at least) expected her, quite understandable, effusive appreciation for such a large gift to be a permanent "game changer" in their friendship.

Status
Not open for further replies.