AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Ask-a-Fan (Questions models have for viewers)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, the model payout is the same, but the percentage changes. If I pay $0.08 per token and the model gets $0.05 per token that model is getting 62.5% of my money.
You are of course technically correct.

But for the purposes of this discussion, that fact is irrelevant. A model doesn't / can't know that percentage. And indeed shouldn't be bothering themselves with such minutiae. Should they treat you differently because they get 62.5% of your money but only 50% of mine? Of course not, all that matters, practically, is that they get US$0.05 per each of our tips.

And to throw another factor into the equation (also irrelevant and purely for discussion purposes here), because I have to buy in USD but live in Australia and our dollar always sucks in the exchange rate, even on the larger token packages each token actually costs me approx 12 cents Australian. So to look at model's payouts from user purchase perspective is pointless and (again) irrelevant .

You're grocery shopping, at the mall, in a restaurant, whatever some ultra public place. You see a model you know. What would you do?

I would not do anything unless I knew we got on EXTREMELY well and we had seen each other a lot, and then it would just be a "hello" as we passed each other. I'm not even the kind of guy to go up to a celebrity and say or do anything, so I sure wouldn't to a model. I mean, for me, it's no different than if I see someone who I see daily in another job, then see that same person in the street or in another shop, I never know if to say "hello" or anything because I know they see a lot of faces. There are a couple of instances I do this though, for example, I have allergy medicine, so have to go to the pharmacy a couple of times each month, and have had to for the last 4 or 5 years so the women there are familiar with me and know me by name, and we're always pleasant to one another (hi, how are you, etc). I am in a small town, so I will always at some point walk past them whilst just doing regular stuff, but because we know each other by face we say a quick and awkward "hi" with a little smile as we're walking. So for me it'd be HOW familiar and friendly we are, there are most definitely a lot of models I would not say hi to, and I would just ignore (to be honest I probably wouldn't even think it was them anyway, even if I thought it was).

I would not do anything unless I knew we got on EXTREMELY well and we had seen each other a lot, and then it would just be a "hello" as we passed each other. I'm not even the kind of guy to go up to a celebrity and say or do anything, so I sure wouldn't to a model. I mean, for me, it's no different than if I see someone who I see daily in another job, then see that same person in the street or in another shop, I never know if to say "hello" or anything because I know they see a lot of faces. There are a couple of instances I do this though, for example, I have allergy medicine, so have to go to the pharmacy a couple of times each month, and have had to for the last 4 or 5 years so the women there are familiar with me and know me by name, and we're always pleasant to one another (hi, how are you, etc). I am in a small town, so I will always at some point walk past them whilst just doing regular stuff, but because we know each other by face we say a quick and awkward "hi" with a little smile as we're walking. So for me it'd be HOW familiar and friendly we are, there are most definitely a lot of models I would not say hi to, and I would just ignore (to be honest I probably wouldn't even think it was them anyway, even if I thought it was).
I ran into a cashier from the grocery store at Walmart on Mother's Day and I said "Hi [her name]" when she about 4 feet away from me, but this is by all accounts also a small town, so it didn't seem awkward at all until she yelled "HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY" to me from about ten feet behind me. (We were walking in opposite directions.) I laughed because I'm not a mom and she knows that, it was just her customer service kicking in and old habits dying hard.

You are of course technically correct.

But for the purposes of this discussion, that fact is irrelevant. A model doesn't / can't know that percentage. And indeed shouldn't be bothering themselves with such minutiae. Should they treat you differently because they get 62.5% of your money but only 50% of mine? Of course not, all that matters, practically, is that they get US$0.05 per each of our tips.
I completely understand your comments, too. No models should not treat members differently in this context, but often times we as models are asked by members which platform would stretch their payments the best/most for us, so it's something I think many of us still think about for that reason.

I completely understand your comments, too. No models should not treat members differently in this context, but often times we as models are asked by members which platform would stretch their payments the best/most for us, so it's something I think many of us still think about for that reason.
And that of course is fair enough too.

I understand your point also about where we can best support our fave models.

When SC (or whoever it is ) Started my.club and offered very good payout (whatever you call it), forever, to the first 250 models to sign up and my friend did so, I canceled my sub to her OF and joined her my.club. It actually cost me a little more, but it gave her much more, so it was a no-brainer.

Reactions: AmberCutie
I'd like to add that sometimes the most beneficial to the model is a matter of timing.

On Chaturbate, for a fee below $5, I can cash out tokens every single day as long as I made at least $20. I get the payment in my account two days later.

On Peach, no fee to transfer, no minimum, receive payments within three days of cashing out.

On OF, no fee to transfer, can't access tipped amounts until 7 days after the tip was made to the exact minute. If you tip a model $200 on OF at 11:59 PM on Saturday, May 27th, 2023 she cannot withdraw that tip until June 4th, 2023 at 12:01 AM. If transferred early enough in the day it's available, it's there the next morning.

But for the purposes of this discussion, that fact is irrelevant.
Yes and no, I don't want to sidetrack the thread (too much), but if I decide my budget is $100 then I can get ten 100 token packages for $10 each, or I can buy the discounted package and get 1250 tokens for the same $100. The percentage isn't obvious, but it is still there and the model gets 62.5% of my money as she is now receiving 1250 tokens rather than 1000.

often times we as models are asked by members which platform would stretch their payments the best/most for us, so it's something I think many of us still think about for that reason.
Absolutely. If I am spending X dollars I want the model to get as much of that X as possible.

You're grocery shopping, at the mall, in a restaurant, whatever some ultra public place. You see a model you know. What would you do?
I have three models that I have followed for over two years. We have regular offline communication including video calls and they know my face so if it was one of those I would probably say hello. Of course I might smile and give them a head nod and wait and see if they approached me.

I would ignore to the best of my abilities. Maaaaaaybe I would say I saw her when next online.

100% leave her alone, what happens online stays online unless anything else has ever been agreed upon.

100% this. Most guys visiting a model casually won't think about this, nor should they. However, if a member visits a model regularly and is aware of differences in payout percentages across sites then in my view it's the decent thing to do to take her private on the platform where she gets a bigger share of the money, particularly if the cost to that member is the same. The model I visit can make more than twice as much from a private with me on one site compared to another. Personally, I wouldn't have the nerve to visit her again if I was aware of that difference and still chose the site with the lower share.

Let's talk bait and switch.

Have you ever encountered a situation where you felt like you were on the losing end of a bait and switch and more pointedly in your opinion what do you consider to be an actual bait and switch versus say there was something going on in the room and the vibe wasn't right for the tip thrown down or a technical issue that is obvious to everyone?

Have you ever encountered a situation where you felt like you were on the losing end of a bait and switch and more pointedly in your opinion what do you consider to be an actual bait and switch versus say there was something going on in the room and the vibe wasn't right for the tip thrown down or a technical issue that is obvious to everyone?

I’ll answer the second question as a preface to my answer to the first one.

I consider a “bait and switch” to be deliberate (if it wasn’t intentional, then the “bait” part wouldn’t make sense). In a camming situation, that would mean a model was dishonest about the true cost (or the true content) of a performance until it was too late/too inconvenient for me to back out of it. Or, promoting a specific type of performance for the sake of the traffic it draws, without ever doing said performance.

I do not recall ever being on the receiving end of a true “bait and switch” on a cam site. I’ve had miscommunications, misunderstandings, models that didn’t seem to pay attention to tip menu tips, and things like that. But I can’t remember a model ever blatantly changing an agreed-upon (or advertised via tip menu) fee or performance.

Reactions: Highlander884

The only bait and switch I've ever feel like I might have experienced was paying for 2 hours private for another day, and that I had to write email and she took extremely long to reply all the time, suddenly I just get a email that she no longer does privates, but I can get a private video instead, never happened either..

It used to be someone I visited quite a lot and supported, but just stopped doing that :)))

• Wat?!
Reactions: MarieElise

The most common one is discussing details of a private and agreeing what will happen and then being asked mid-private for more tokens in order to do the thing already agreed.

So the one time I definitely felt like there was a bait and switch was the very first private I ever did. The model and I agreed to do it and what the content would be and then she doubled her private price just as I was requesting the actual private. I didn’t notice until halfway through that my token account was getting drained fast.

I have had several times where a model just blatantly hasn’t done actions I tipped for (and the room was not busy) but I don’t know if that was dishonesty or just general cluelessness.

Another time I tipped to meet a room goal and the model kept asking the room for tokens over and above that to actually do it. I came in at the end of the goal so I am not sure if she felt like the price was too low for the action at that point. But as a user I would strongly prefer the model resets the goal to a price she is comfortable with instead of leaving a price on there she doesn’t want to perform it for in those cases. At any rate, I tipped her some more (and waited maybe 10-15 minutes for her to do it) but finally just got frustrated and left and never went back. But again, I don’t know her intent so I don’t know if that was actually a bait and switch.

It wasn't with me as I fell out with the model few months before (being non nude she considered superior to ladies that did nudity and made a shitty comment about girls who do), she put out that she was going to do hand bra goal at 15k tokens. Well after what I got told was 2 days the goal was reached and she simply just put her hands over her top, never took it off!
As u can guess she became very unpopular after that.

So the one time I definitely felt like there was a bait and switch was the very first private I ever did. The model and I agreed to do it and what the content would be and then she doubled her private price just as I was requesting the actual private. I didn’t notice until halfway through that my token account was getting drained fast.
This has happened to me before; one of the reasons I "mask" my league and level now

Okay so stay with me because this is insane.

Got an OF message that a fan club member was banned from my Chaturbate room. Chaturbate provides a list of recently banned rooms and also let's you know how many associated accounts were banned with those names.

So I ask him, did you have another name. He said no. I look through my banned accounts his name isn't listed. I clear the hidden bans and silences and suddenly he is in the room and he denies that he ever had another account and thinks he is hacked. His user account had a password on top of the standard log in and look feature..he's totally full of shit and spiraling like he's been hacked and he needs to find out WHO IS SPENDING MONEY...

It's the first time in 10 years someone has spent money to check me and got called out for being banned for being a douchebag on another name.

Okay so stay with me because this is insane.

Got an OF message that a fan club member was banned from my Chaturbate room. Chaturbate provides a list of recently banned rooms and also let's you know how many associated accounts were banned with those names.

So I ask him, did you have another name. He said no. I look through my banned accounts his name isn't listed. I clear the hidden bans and silences and suddenly he is in the room and he denies that he ever had another account and thinks he is hacked. His user account had a password on top of the standard log in and look feature..he's totally full of shit and spiraling like he's been hacked and he needs to find out WHO IS SPENDING MONEY...

It's the first time in 10 years someone has spent money to check me and got called out for being banned for being a douchebag on another name.
I don't understand what he was trying to accomplish

If I am to be a regular visitor, then yes. Personally I "need" some sort of human connection, and that of course means useful conversation apart from the old chatroom ASL Check ;) And also the general chat and "demeanor" of other users and the room in general. Whether it is considered the "correct" way to use cam sites or not, I tend to look on visiting rooms like visiting a pub or a party, if the "crowd" do not appeal to me, I do not stay :)
This 👍

I tend to be slow to build trust with a model so I've avoided anything really egregious, but one time while I was checking out a model's room she had a modest tip goal for an act I like so I cleared it myself. She then reset the room goal, and pretended that it never happened even though you could see it in the chat log and I was listed as the room's top tipper for that exact amount. When I asked about it, she told me I was lying. So I just considered the money lost and moved on. 🤷‍♂️

I did turn a pvt down, because she had raised the cost of pvt while I had left earlier.
It was her that was harassing me to take her pvt too.

I don't understand what he was trying to accomplish
I don't either. I keep going in circles trying to figure out a) how someone would get his account info b) only buy $20 worth of tokens c) create a new account to spend them on and d) end up in my room anyway. The odds are astronomical. The typical hack on CB is to buy a fuckload of tokens and tip them out to another account. But whatever happened I hope like hell this doesn't end up in my lap like I was a part of it because he canceled the card, reported the charge as fraud and closed his CB account. I'm beyond worried at this point. I keep checking my account every ten minutes.

• Wat?!
Reactions: Wuggie and Smoothie
For those that use clip sites like MV, IWC, C4S. How did you find out about the site? Also interested in how models found out about their clip sites, I know for me it was from people that had already found them talking about them.

Been looking for new clip sites and looks like all clip sites SEO is complete shit and they get beat out by tube sites even when you use keywords like "buy", "purchase" and "For Sale".

Reactions: Lilly_____
For those that use clip sites like MV, IWC, C4S. How did you find out about the site? Also interested in how models found out about their clip sites, I know for me it was from people that had already found them talking about them.

Been looking for new clip sites and looks like all clip sites SEO is complete shit and they get beat out by tube sites even when you use keywords like "buy", "purchase" and "For Sale".
I believe I originally found Manyvids by looking for a particular performer I found on a tube site who posted some of her clips there.

I tried looking but it seems like there's nothing worth a try at least was my research goes. I tried signing up for apclips twice and none of the times I heard back from them but it seems that it doesn't have much traffic anyway. Let us know if you find anything different!

I tried looking but it seems like there's nothing worth a try at least was my research goes. I tried signing up for apclips twice and none of the times I heard back from them but it seems that it doesn't have much traffic anyway. Let us know if you find anything different!
I found the same thing, everything was just tubesites that pull content from pornhub. Or some very sketchy (gonna steal your ID kind of sketchy) looking sites.

Requested a private with a model. She increased the price (I think doubling it) and then quickly accepted before I could cancel the request. Fortunately, the minimum number of minutes was relatively low, so I just typed something like "WTF did you do that for." and closed my browser. I still kick myself for not taking screenshots and reporting her.

• Hugs
Reactions: yummybrownfox
Status
Not open for further replies.