AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Ask a Member section

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 23, 2018
Just a thought , But wouldnt it be a decent idea to see what members think or what we would like ? Dont get me wrong i realise everyone is different and have different Flavors in models but i have a ton of member friends on here and if one of my buddys shares a models link to me i will stop in the room to chat with him and tip accordingly while in her room, but we also will share our thoughts about her ,alot of times we will or who ever will say her prices our way to high but shes nice to look at. This is not a post about bashing models its just getting ideas to help you. . i had a long time model friend message me, She said work has been getting slow lately and asked me to make her some banners to help promote her. I simply told her maybe add some games to your topic like blackjack and spin the wheel and add song request , She took my suggestions and has a few regulars now . i think you women have the most STRESSFUL JOB IN THE WORLD. Maybe we can help each other, The ask a model section helps us lets us help you. I would be more then happy to visit your room as an observer and bring a friend or 2 and then give you our feedback on what we see . ..

Just a thought , But wouldnt it be a decent idea to see what members think or what we would like ? Dont get me wrong i realise everyone is different and have different Flavors in models but i have a ton of member friends on here and if one of my buddys shares a models link to me i will stop in the room to chat with him and tip accordingly while in her room, but we also will share our thoughts about her ,alot of times we will or who ever will say her prices our way to high but shes nice to look at. This is not a post about bashing models its just getting ideas to help you. . i had a long time model friend message me, She said work has been getting slow lately and asked me to make her some banners to help promote her. I simply told her maybe add some games to your topic like blackjack and spin the wheel and add song request , She took my suggestions and has a few regulars now . i think you women have the most STRESSFUL JOB IN THE WORLD. Maybe we can help each other, The ask a model section helps us lets us help you. I would be more then happy to visit your room as an observer and bring a friend or 2 and then give you our feedback on what we see . ..

This is interesting, but also you have to be aware of the fact that members usually give us unsolicited feedback all the time already. It's gotten to the point that my room rules include people keeping their criticisms to themselves. I usually only want suggestions from a few select people (HTs), and I will message them privately.

Reading your post I feel you're conflating a few different ideas under the banner of an ask a member section. In the beginning you discuss many of the friends/buddies you have from different cam rooms and how you guys suggest different models to check out etc. Which okay, that is a fair topic that could come up in an "ask a member" section. I don't really have any "buddies" on Cam, but I do notice and chat in the chat room with usernames I'm familiar with. As it doesn't surprise me that if I like model "A" and she has whatever physical traits that she shares with model "B" that I would run into the same guys. Or if Model A and Model B have cammed with or/are friends with Model H, that by visiting that model randomly... I would see usernames I'm familiar with.

Now what gets sketchy or is maybe not best suited for an ask a member section is to debate/discussion of a model(s) pricing of options/videos/snapchat etc. What you or are I may think is right or is too expensive doesn't line up with another person or more specifically the model. They set their pricing and that is it...sure they may move things around or price things differently, but they attract/keep whatever.

The other part you opened up which mentions games/options/etc. to move topics along and encourage tipping. That already gets covered quite a bit here in either General Cam Chat or Ask a Model. For me personally, I think most of what would come up as topics for ask a member is going to be redundant or get covered in the general cam chat.

Reading your post I feel you're conflating a few different ideas under the banner of an ask a member section. In the beginning you discuss many of the friends/buddies you have from different cam rooms and how you guys suggest different models to check out etc. Which okay, that is a fair topic that could come up in an "ask a member" section. I don't really have any "buddies" on Cam, but I do notice and chat in the chat room with usernames I'm familiar with. As it doesn't surprise me that if I like model "A" and she has whatever physical traits that she shares with model "B" that I would run into the same guys. Or if Model A and Model B have cammed with or/are friends with Model H, that by visiting that model randomly... I would see usernames I'm familiar with.

Now what gets sketchy or is maybe not best suited for an ask a member section is to debate/discussion of a model(s) pricing of options/videos/snapchat etc. What you or are I may think is right or is too expensive doesn't line up with another person or more specifically the model. They set their pricing and that is it...sure they may move things around or price things differently, but they attract/keep whatever.

The other part you opened up which mentions games/options/etc. to move topics along and encourage tipping. That already gets covered quite a bit here in either General Cam Chat or Ask a Model. For me personally, I think most of what would come up as topics for ask a member is going to be redundant or get covered in the general cam chat.

General Cam Chat isnt very specific , I have not seen a model post , FOR MEMBERS EYES ONLY, Hey guys iam rather new on here and iam getting traffic but no tips any suggestions ? our possible reply, have you pit a Topic up yet with competitive prices? Alot of members shop for deals ( not all ) but some guys will pass a beautiful women up to save a few hundred tokens if her prices our what we feel to high. ( yes her room her rules but this would be a feed back not a bashing section ). Or next possible suggestion, I stopped by your room and wow your Gorgeous but i noticed after i tipped you 45 tokens after saying hello you never said thank you . ( and yes me and my member friends have seen it and never returned due to that ). . And referring back to games some models new and veterans might need to reinvent themselves. not saying models get old and boring, For instance i have a model friend i grew to adore and visited her alot and tipped well also. but she would dance alot and kinda got boring so not to hurt her feelings i limited my time in her room. she eventually noticed and asked was i mad at her? i replied i think your awesome but the dancing gets uuumm a little boring after awhile lol. i said if you had a spank request id tip to spank you so you wouldnt dance so much lol. needless to say not long after i suggested a spankathon at 20 tokens per spank. it was promoted for march 2nd and i made a spankathon banner 4 her to use . she ended up pre ordering 507 spanks and the day of the spankathon we had an SAVE MY ASS FROM SPANKATHON banner made in which 20 tokens took off 10 spanks. she ended up with a sore ass but sold an additional 126 spanks on that day. . Guess my point is a model can get tunnel vision on here and the smallest suggestion could make a Big difference. Iam all about seeing every single model succeed on here. Some have kids others going to college and the bottom line is they work there balls off. idk AmberCutie the Queen she will say iam an idiot lol or who knows

Literally every section on these forums that are not models-only ends up being an "ask a member" section, intentionally or not.

That's the point of having the forums, for models and members to have discussions and bounce ideas around.

Many of the large threads in the general cam chat are FULL of great discussion between members and models, which includes member ideas and suggestions.

Literally every section on these forums that are not models-only ends up being an "ask a member" section, intentionally or not.

That's the point of having the forums, for models and members to have discussions and bounce ideas around.

Many of the large threads in the general cam chat are FULL of great discussion between members and models, which includes member ideas and suggestions.
Well dam so much for my Million Dollar idea lol , ty

You quoted him but forgot to leave an actual reply. I like you have 1 minute left to edit
General Cam Chat isnt very specific , I have not seen a model post , FOR MEMBERS EYES ONLY, Hey guys iam rather new on here and iam getting traffic but no tips any suggestions ? our possible reply, have you pit a Topic up yet with competitive prices? Alot of members shop for deals ( not all ) but some guys will pass a beautiful women up to save a few hundred tokens if her prices our what we feel to high. ( yes her room her rules but this would be a feed back not a bashing section ). Or next possible suggestion, I stopped by your room and wow your Gorgeous but i noticed after i tipped you 45 tokens after saying hello you never said thank you . ( and yes me and my member friends have seen it and never returned due to that ). . And referring back to games some models new and veterans might need to reinvent themselves. not saying models get old and boring, For instance i have a model friend i grew to adore and visited her alot and tipped well also. but she would dance alot and kinda got boring so not to hurt her feelings i limited my time in her room. she eventually noticed and asked was i mad at her? i replied i think your awesome but the dancing gets uuumm a little boring after awhile lol. i said if you had a spank request id tip to spank you so you wouldnt dance so much lol. needless to say not long after i suggested a spankathon at 20 tokens per spank. it was promoted for march 2nd and i made a spankathon banner 4 her to use . she ended up pre ordering 507 spanks and the day of the spankathon we had an SAVE MY ASS FROM SPANKATHON banner made in which 20 tokens took off 10 spanks. she ended up with a sore ass but sold an additional 126 spanks on that day. . Guess my point is a model can get tunnel vision on here and the smallest suggestion could make a Big difference. Iam all about seeing every single model succeed on here. Some have kids others going to college and the bottom line is they work there balls off. idk AmberCutie the Queen she will say iam an idiot lol or who knows

Pre planned spankathon is a really great idea. The other thing about an aam section though is that most models end up having member accounts + start watching models themselves/have both perspectives, but many members won't try out being a model to get both perspectives (but they should!!). Also if a model constantly dances for you for free, you should be grateful.

Reactions: JigglesJane
You quoted him but forgot to leave an actual reply. I like you have 1 minute left to edit

Pre planned spankathon is a really great idea. The other thing about an aam section though is that most models end up having member accounts + start watching models themselves/have both perspectives, but many members won't try out being a model to get both perspectives (but they should!!). Also if a model constantly dances for you for free, you should be grateful.
Trust me iam very grateful and tip well, and she loves to dance , but it does get boring after awhile FOR ME. But i take care and appreciate all and any model who entertains

As a member, and as others have said, damn near the entire forum is where we can actively discuss with models on topics.
I really dislike these "Ask a..." thread because it really isn't free flowing.

Yeah, I can't think of a single question where a member would have a better answer than another model.

Oh wait, that's not true.

Members would probably have a better answer if a model asked, 'What the actual fuck is wrong with some of you guys?' o_O

There probably would be some good use for a place where members could ask other members for advice, tips, etc. But that would belong on an entirely different site than this one.

Yeah, I can't think of a single question where a member would have a better answer than another model.

Oh wait, that's not true.

Members would probably have a better answer if a model asked, 'What the actual fuck is wrong with some of you guys?' o_O

There probably would be some good use for a place where members could ask other members for advice, tips, etc. But that would belong on an entirely different site than this one.

There are plenty of topics that would work but still this site isn't built for it because many are topics that are at odds with models (the return of the 'where do I find this model' or 'how can a member make money from sites' or 'how I get more personal with a model' for examples).

The main problem with the 'ask a ..' sections is how they make discussions dismissive when the question might not be specific to models or members.

I could also see a 'ask a member' section be completely full of white knighting or pandering comments which would disrupt the point of something like that. We already have enough, 'I want to say you models work as hard as astronauts when you aren't pooping sugar and being honest angels' responses in the current forums.

Honestly I've been happy with the addition of the SB and MFC forums, if anything I wish SM got it's own forum also especially since it's functions and business model doesn't overlap the same as social sites and there are more than enough models that use the site for it to be equally relevant here.

There are plenty of topics that would work but still this site isn't built for it because many are topics that are at odds with models (the return of the 'where do I find this model' or 'how can a member make money from sites' or 'how I get more personal with a model' for examples).

The main problem with the 'ask a ..' sections is how they make discussions dismissive when the question might not be specific to models or members.

I could also see a 'ask a member' section be completely full of white knighting or pandering comments which would disrupt the point of something like that. We already have enough, 'I want to say you models work as hard as astronauts when you aren't pooping sugar and being honest angels' responses in the current forums.

Honestly I've been happy with the addition of the SB and MFC forums, if anything I wish SM got it's own forum also especially since it's functions and business model doesn't overlap the same as social sites and there are more than enough models that use the site for it to be equally relevant here.

SM takes twice as much from the models. That's the only reason I hate it/won't use it. Nobody wants to pay a third more for my private shows and videos. I'm happy with it not having it's own section for that reason.

SM takes twice as much from the models. That's the only reason I hate it/won't use it. Nobody wants to pay a third more for my private shows and videos. I'm happy with it not having it's own section for that reason.

I don't think that's fair not to have one because you don't work the site and you disagree with the %, us streamate users shouldnt have it's own public section. We do have one in the MO section.

There is that public Streamate question thread, but it doesn't really have a good discussion format since it's an on going thread that can go off current topic at anytime.

I don't think that's fair not to have one because you don't work the site and you disagree with the %, us streamate users shouldnt have it's own public section. We do have one in the MO section.

There is that public Streamate question thread, but it doesn't really have a good discussion format since it's an on going thread that can go off current topic at anytime.

I didn't say whether it was "fair" or not, I said that I was happy with the fact that it currently doesn't.

Members would probably have a better answer if a model asked, 'What the actual fuck is wrong with some of you guys?' o_O.

As a guy myself, I can give you a response to this question: I have NO f*****g clue!! I genuinely don't know. We say that a woman's mind is difficult to understand, but no, no it really isn't in comparison to a guy.. I don't even know my own weird mind, let alone other guys I see haha

Reactions: xDollPartsx
As a guy myself, I can give you a response to this question: I have NO f*****g clue!! I genuinely don't know. We say that a woman's mind is difficult to understand, but no, no it really isn't in comparison to a guy.. I don't even know my own weird mind, let alone other guys I see haha

If there's something wrong with a man it's often mommy issues, just like women and their daddy issues.

I can make one soon, actually. I made the CB one initially because we had an actual rep from the site active on ACF, and I made the MFC one because I feel I can at least answer some general questions and because I know reps from MFC have physically read threads here in the past and in hopes we could get an actual rep active on ACF from there eventually, too.

I do believe we’ve had an SM rep here but never was an active one so it kinda slipped my mind.

We’ll be doing a huge ACF overhaul in the coming month or two, I’ll try to work it in.

i know what you said, and i think your opinion is an unfair one.

I don't think you're getting it. My opinion is that they take too much from their models. My feelings, a natural byproduct of my opinion, in respect to them not having their own public section and in turn being promoted more as a result is therefore happiness Can you explain to me why their percentages aren't unfair in order change my opinion, and then naturally, my feelings on them receiving more promotion? Because disagreeing with someone's feelings is useless unless you address the opinion that those feelings stem from. If I said they shouldn't have their own section because their prices are too high, that would be two opinions.

I don't think you're getting it. My opinion is that they take too much from their models. My feelings, a natural byproduct of my opinion, in respect to them not having their own public section and in turn being promoted more as a result is therefore happiness Can you explain to me why their percentages aren't unfair in order change my opinion, and then naturally, my feelings on them receiving more promotion? Because disagreeing with someone's feelings is useless unless you address the opinion that those feelings stem from. If I said they shouldn't have their own section because their prices are too high, that would be two opinions.

Having a forum for discussion isn't promotion. Just reading the CB forum would clearly NOT be considered promoting CB in any way since it's full of trainwreck level banning and issues.

SM's money model (non token) and the sheer magnitude of it's affiliate program (which many models on here benefit from) makes it a different beast from a token site. CB might pay for adds on pornhub but SM is integrated directly into the site itself. You can be part of SM without even knowing SM is the primary site because it's integrated in so many other major porn consumption sites, Brazzer, Bang Bros, Pornhub to be just a few of them you don't know how much that cost SM. You can't know how much of a cut is 'fair'. I can agree with you it's low but you ask a model that isn't finding success or is being stressed working a social site they should accept zero a day at 70% or something at 35% it's an easy choice.

I don't need to defend SM's payout rate but I can say it's different enough mechanically than sometimes it's confusing when you mix advice that works on a social site with advice that is specific for SM because so very few things are the same. Gold is like tokens but again not the same because the value is vastly different for the member. pvt and exclusives are the main income source unlike social sites. Gold shows and promoting them are handled a little different than a daily goal because a timer is always ticking and people can get refunded when things don't work out.

I think it's fine for you to have your opinion but suggesting SM models/member/lurkers shouldn't have a place is punishing the wrong people don't you think?

Having a forum for discussion isn't promotion. Just reading the CB forum would clearly NOT be considered promoting CB in any way since it's full of trainwreck level banning and issues.

SM's money model (non token) and the sheer magnitude of it's affiliate program (which many models on here benefit from) makes it a different beast from a token site. CB might pay for adds on pornhub but SM is integrated directly into the site itself. You can be part of SM without even knowing SM is the primary site because it's integrated in so many other major porn consumption sites, Brazzer, Bang Bros, Pornhub to be just a few of them you don't know how much that cost SM. You can't know how much of a cut is 'fair'. I can agree with you it's low but you ask a model that isn't finding success or is being stressed working a social site they should accept zero a day at 70% or something at 35% it's an easy choice.

I don't need to defend SM's payout rate but I can say it's different enough mechanically than sometimes it's confusing when you mix advice that works on a social site with advice that is specific for SM because so very few things are the same. Gold is like tokens but again not the same because the value is vastly different for the member. pvt and exclusives are the main income source unlike social sites. Gold shows and promoting them are handled a little different than a daily goal because a timer is always ticking and people can get refunded when things don't work out.

I think it's fine for you to have your opinion but suggesting SM models/member/lurkers shouldn't have a place is punishing the wrong people don't you think?

For the last time, I never said they shouldn't. I can hold no opinion on whether they should or shouldn't and still be happy if they don't. I don't know how I can further explain the difference between someone expressing how they feel about something as it currently is and someone suggesting that the way it is is the way it should be.

jade. you are aware they have agreat affilate program. i get most of my social media to sign up through my cammodels link 75%. I also have two affliates i run on their own where i earn 35%. also i am comfortable with charging higher rates for a higher payout. it's a different site, so we have different marketing strategies. that is fine if you have no need for this site and not choose to work the site.

you said you are happy we don't have one because the reasons you don't like them. i think your opinion is unfair and quite rude. i don't work mcf because i hate the competitive nature, but i wou;dn't be happy if they don't have representation because i have a distaste for the site.

i get it. it's your opinion. i can not like it and think it's a bad one. i get you aren't saying they shouldn't.

jade. you are aware they have agreat affilate program. i get most of my social media to sign up through my cammodels link 75%. I also have two affliates i run on their own where i earn 35%. also i am comfortable with charging higher rates for a higher payout. it's a different site, so we have different marketing strategies. that is fine if you have no need for this site and not choose to work the site.

you said you are happy we don't have one because the reasons you don't like them. i think your opinion is unfair and quite rude. i don't work mcf because i hate the competitive nature, but i wou;dn't be happy if they don't have representation because i have a distaste for the site.

i get it. it's your opinion. i can not like it and think it's a bad one. i get you aren't saying they shouldn't.

Audri. I wasn't aware of any affiliate program, nor should I have to force my members to re-sign up through my affiliate link to get a decent payout. I'm not interested in other forms of affiliate marketing that involve redirecting traffic. Lots of sites have them and I think it's tacky. It sounds like they take steps to have more traffic through other means, but that traffic is useless to me if I already have a supply and demand issue (I can only cum so many times a day), and I then also need people to pay a third more. If they offered the option to use gold shows to everyone, that would be different story. Clearly, they are also competitive.

As someone who wants the cam industry as a whole to be one I can be proud of, I am 100% entitled to be happy to see sites that I think are unfair (and/or now tacky) not receiving as much promotion as the ones that I do think are classy and fair. If you wouldn't feel that way, that's your business. But you shouldn't insinuate that people shouldn't feel the way they feel based on how you would.

If you disagree with my opinion that SM is unfair (and now tacky), you can explain what you like about it and try to change my mind if you want, but stop insinuating that I said there shouldn't be one, rather than simply that I'm happy there isn't, and don't talk to me like I'm unreasonable.

Audri. I wasn't aware of any affiliate program, nor should I have to force my members to re-sign up through my affiliate link to get a decent payout. I'm not interested in other forms of affiliate marketing that involve redirecting traffic. Lots of sites have them and I think it's tacky. It sounds like they take steps to have more traffic through other means, but that traffic is useless to me if I already have a supply and demand issue (I can only cum so many times a day), and I then also need people to pay a third more. If they offered the option to use gold shows to everyone, that would be different story. Clearly, they are also competitive.

As someone who wants the cam industry as a whole to be one I can be proud of, I am 100% entitled to be happy to see sites that I think are unfair (and/or now tacky) not receiving as much promotion as the ones that I do think are classy and fair. If you wouldn't feel that way, that's your business. But you shouldn't insinuate that people shouldn't feel the way they feel based on how you would.

If you disagree with my opinion that SM is unfair (and now tacky), you can explain what you like about it and try to change my mind if you want, but stop insinuating that I said there shouldn't be one, rather than simply that I'm happy there isn't, and don't talk to me like I'm unreasonable.

Jade, I am not insinuating that you said they shouldn't. Nor do I "force my members" to sign up. Please don't insult me. I simply was explaining my strategy how I deal with the 35%.

Jade I think you saying you are happy that Streamate doesn't have a section because you don't like them is unfair and rude. I get it you don't like Streamate because you have a different approach.

The truth is I see the benefit of 35% to models and 35% to affiliates. And I'm not going to get into the reasons why, because your bad attitude towards the site isn't going to open your mind to a different perspective.

And I'm not talking to you like you are unreasonable, im explaining myself... An I not allowed to disagree with you or explain my pov?

Reactions: Pia

They may take more from us but do you want 35 percent of 3k or 50 percent of 1k is how I see it. I'm not going to use any actual cash numbers because I don't want to advertise what I earn an hour/week/month. But I will say it's 10x what I ever earned on any other site. Right out of the gate on SM I was making 6-7 times what I made on token sites.

Just because SM doesn't fit your hustle doesn't mean it shouldn't have it's own section. That kind of logic is baffling to me. I think charturbate is garbage due to their "ban models over absolutely anything and ask questions later." way of working. But I still think people should have the option to talk about it here.

Also... Who cares if white labels are tacky? I could care less if members see me on Streamate or a whitew label like pornhublive, liveviolet or whatever other white label they see me on if it means I can 100 percent support myself.

CB and MFC both have revshare programs too. Are you too good for them now too? :haha:

Why do men always think they know our jobs better than we do, since we’re the ones actually doing the jobs?

Men who complain about a sex workers pricing are the most annoying. I deal with this shit often enough outside the forums. I don’t really need to sign in here & see it too.

The site had been growing for like 7- 8 years? If you skim the forum I'm sure you will be able to find most of the answers u are looking for, might take time since there are as many interesting posts as useless BUT... I think models/users can spoonfeed themselves. What I'd love to see is a section for SM despite there isn't a settled representative in ACF yet.

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
Status
Not open for further replies.