AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Ask a Member section

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Say what now?
Many models have binding contracts with set schedules and sales goals to meet. They drive to work to the office 5-6 days a week. There rooms are professionally made to be appealing and are remodeled every 1-2 years. They also pay comission to their company just like any sales job. If they don't meet their goals or schedules, they can be fired. It may not be possible or legal for the models to cam on their own without a business contract. Different laws in different countries. Some of the businesses where the models work are very small and simple, other businesses treat camming like a Fortune 500 company.

Many models have binding contracts with set schedules and sales goals to meet. They drive to work to the office 5-6 days a week. There rooms are professionally made to be appealing and are remodeled every 1-2 years. They also pay comission to their company just like any sales job. If they don't meet their goals or schedules, they can be fired. It may not be possible or legal for the models to cam on their own without a business contract. Different laws in different countries. Some of the businesses where the models work are very small and simple, other businesses treat camming like a Fortune 500 company.

Condescending answers (otherwise known as "camsplaining") that majority of us already are familiar with don't need a ask member section. I'm fairly certain @SaffronBurke was being sarcastic, my dude. I get you are trying to be helpful, but most of us here aren't newbs.

Soooo...... You think studio models are the majority and indie models need their hands held by you in order to make it in the big bad scary cam world? :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

It would seem that you're mostly familiar with studio employed models.

This forum is mainly occupied by independent models.

We don't have contracts other than with the cam sites to not violate their terms of service.
We don't work from an office that we have to drive to.
Our rooms are designed by us, in our own homes.
We don't have to pay a commission to cam, the cam site just takes their cut of the members' purchases.
We aren't fired if we don't make a certain $ goal, we make our own schedule.

I haven't rewound this thread far back enough to see what in tarnation's name you think any of your points of a STUDIO models experience has to do with needing a new subforum for "ask-a-member". But no, we don't need one. They interject plenty enough in our other sections here at ACF.

If you only have feedback about studio models' experiences from a member point of view, I do feel you're in the wrong place. The fact that you felt it necessary to rectify a thread that has been quiet for nearly a year also lends me the thought that you're not very familiar with how forums work.

Take care.

It would seem that you're mostly familiar with studio employed models.

This forum is mainly occupied by independent models.

We don't have contracts other than with the cam sites to not violate their terms of service.
We don't work from an office that we have to drive to.
Our rooms are designed by us, in our own homes.
We don't have to pay a commission to cam, the cam site just takes their cut of the members' purchases.
We aren't fired if we don't make a certain $ goal, we make our own schedule.

I haven't rewound this thread far back enough to see what in tarnation's name you think any of your points of a STUDIO models experience has to do with needing a new subforum for "ask-a-member". But no, we don't need one. They interject plenty enough in our other sections here at ACF.

If you only have feedback about studio models' experiences from a member point of view, I do feel you're in the wrong place. The fact that you felt it necessary to rectify a thread that has been quiet for nearly a year also lends me the thought that you're not very familiar with how forums work.

Take care.
It's almost funny how predictable it is that when I make it very clear to a new member that they're out of their element, they almost immediately ask for their account to be deleted/deactivated/etc. It was clear in this case that there's no point in him remaining here, so it's for the best anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.