AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Asking Viewer Private

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic, but this describes the basic plot of 1980s post-apocalyptic B-movie Hell Comes to Frogtown.

It’s terrible. :)
LMAO you have to be making this up...

Sounds like a nightmare. Men are the best. Well, when they're not being a pain in the ass that is. Although the same can be said for women too 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: Smoothie
Nope! Google it. The movie poster alone is super cringe. It used to be on Hulu a long time ago.
OMFG you're not kidding 😆
If I had to choose between; Hell comes to Frogtown and Empire of the Sharks. I'd definitely choose EoTS!

• Funny!
Reactions: Smoothie
If someone is the only one tipping/engaging with me, I will ask them if they would rather go private.

She might've just wanted to get out of public, but wasn't quite ready to log off because of goals (whether they were financial or time spent online goals.)
Brit (and other models) - I just came back to these points. I had previously thought that moving into private could actually be stressful for a model sometimes, because viewers might be very demanding or rude, don't know exactly what they really want, expect you to perform on demand to their time limits, or just end it without warning.
I never really considered the alternatives, so this is a great prompt.
Can it actually be the opposite, and somewhat relaxing to get out of public and into private with a regular then?

Reactions: MarieElise
This was really a great post for a viewer to read. It felt honest and really gives a good context for understanding how a model can think about such situations. But I am really feeling like a poem would help to clarify the emotions and take your post from great to epic. :joyful::playful::p

I want to clarify the whole poem comment because I think about the world in very abstract terms, and many people on this forum are extremely literal. I was not saying that anyone was a poet. I was not saying that anyone was like a poet in the literal sense of putting emotions to words. I was using a metaphor to express the idea that some people are more emotive than abstract and analytical. But it was a bad thing to do because one should never make any kind of blanket statement about a group.

But hey back in my senior year of high school I won the local library poetry contest 🤣🤣🤣

S’mores Your comments are very insightful and helpful for me to read as a model.

I would really appreciate some insight from models, around asking a viewer if they want to go private.
The cynic might think it is just an opportunity to make some tokens, particularly if it is a slow day.
But are there genuinely viewers that you want to be more one-on-one with, and would ask this of?
If so, what are the reasons - you trust them to not end it after 2 minutes, you want to get to know them better, you want to make sure they are satisfied, you want them to stay interested in you, you know you will enjoy it too?

Bit of context:
Last night, a model asked me this question. I was a little preoccupied with stuff on my mind, and not really in the right mood for private, but very happy to stay chatting publicly and tipping.
So I explained all this, saying I'd love to do that another night, and soon.
She came straight back to me offering to cut her private rate of 60/min to just 12/min, saying she wanted to be private for a very long time.
I thanked her for the (surprising) offer, but restated that it was for the reasons I mentioned and nothing to do with the cost. I also told her that I would never ask to lower the rate.

FWIW, this is someone I have been in private with many times before.
Let her lower her rate but tip her upfront for the time at the normal rate. That way you won't feel guilty and you won't have to watch to see if your tokens are running low.

Let her lower her rate but tip her upfront for the time at the normal rate. That way you won't feel guilty and you won't have to watch to see if your tokens are running low.
Thanks, but the original question wasn't about her private rate, but about the motivation for asking a regular into private.
But I strongly believe the private rate should stay fixed. A change to the usual price appears in the public chat window, and of course that will be noticed. I think that sends the wrong message to the room and opens the door to pretty much everyone trying to negotiate.

Reactions: bamdicted
Thanks, but the original question wasn't about her private rate, but about the motivation for asking a regular into private.
But I strongly believe the private rate should stay fixed. A change to the usual price appears in the public chat window, and of course that will be noticed. I think that sends the wrong message to the room and opens the door to pretty much everyone trying to negotiate.
I got sidetracked. Asking a regular to private happens all the time. Lowering the rate is just a way to not have to watch the clock. Just give a bonus tip to make up for it. She'll put the rate back where it was when you are finished. Most guys don't know the models can do that.

She just wants to talk. The question is, are you into that? Are you on a cam site to chat with a model while she eats her lunch like you do your real life girlfriend? It sounds like you don't want to get to know her at that level. Once you start having those personal chit chats, it's tough to ask if she'll put in a butt plug while she's talking about her little sister's cheerleading camp.

I got sidetracked. Asking a regular to private happens all the time. Lowering the rate is just a way to not have to watch the clock. Just give a bonus tip to make up for it. She'll put the rate back where it was when you are finished. Most guys don't know the models can do that.

She just wants to talk. The question is, are you into that? Are you on a cam site to chat with a model while she eats her lunch like you do your real life girlfriend? It sounds like you don't want to get to know her at that level. Once you start having those personal chit chats, it's tough to ask if she'll put in a butt plug while she's talking about her little sister's cheerleading camp.
No, you've missed the point again.
It's not about the cost of a private, I don't worry about watching the clock, and (again) I do not want her to reduce the rate.
And no, she does not want to talk. We talk at the start and end of all our privates, but this is a business arrangement and we do business.

No, you've missed the point again.
It's not about the cost of a private, I don't worry about watching the clock, and (again) I do not want her to reduce the rate.
And no, she does not want to talk. We talk at the start and end of all our privates, but this is a business arrangement and we do business.
Yes, the token thing is off topic.

The business thing is my point. If she is lowering the rate, she is trending towards being more personal than a business arrangement. That'll mess up the business arrangement. I'll speak for myself, if I get too friendly and personal with a model "I" tend to start to think I am taking advantage of her situation. Being a cam model is not forever. I would want a friend to work towards leaving the live business and transition to a more behind the scenes roll. Build a website, open a studio, train other models. Take the money and open that restaurant you always wanted.

So I try to stay away from personal favors, lowering rates, gifts, etc. and just stick to the business arrangement.

Status
Not open for further replies.