AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Banning viewers from pm

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 7, 2010
USA
I noticed i can't ban pm viewers. or banned room viewers come back as pm viewers, so even if somebody is banned they can see my cam in pm.

AngelNery said:
I noticed i can't ban pm viewers. or banned room viewers come back as pm viewers, so even if somebody is banned they can see my cam in pm.
I think this is still one thing I'm not sure how it works... I thought we had tested it before though. Tonight, I will re-test this. Who wants to volunteer to be banned for a few minutes then attempt to view me in PM, both immediately, and after a reload? :)

I was banned once on my premium account. I couldn't see her neither as a guest. But somehow i could see her webcam in pm fine. A ban should apply for pm viewers too, i don't like it one bit.

Cough, ahem...this is probably one of those things better discussed in the models only section. Kinda like the news showing 'how to' do illegal things. Thanks for letting me know though, I'll keep that in mind if I ever get the ban hammer. :mrgreen:

So i gave it away, LMAO. I,m just curious about members experiences also. If Amber considers it work secret, i give her permission to delete the post.

AmberCutie said:
AngelNery said:
I think this is still one thing I'm not sure how it works... I thought we had tested it before though. Tonight, I will re-test this. Who wants to volunteer to be banned for a few minutes then attempt to view me in PM, both immediately, and after a reload? :)

I'm game since we can talk on PM or gchat as we test this.

So we just tested it with Amber banning me from her room. All I got was the "Loading Webcam" screen in the PM window before and after reloading MFC and in the Lounge. So what you're seeing is that the banned member is trying to watch you, but he can't see you at all.

Hope that makes you feel better.

Thanks a bunch for taking the time to test it. I haven't been on cam since a month now, so maybe mfc fixed it, because i,m sure banned members could see me before from pm and i could see models from pm when i tested it more than a month ago. Well great for us models if mfc fixed this issue.

AngelNery said:
Thanks a bunch for taking the time to test it. I haven't been on cam since a month now, so maybe mfc fixed it, because i,m sure banned members could see me before from pm and i could see models from pm when i tested it more than a month ago. Well great for us models if mfc fixed this issue.
Models are different... as a model we can watch girls in PM even if they have models blocked from t heir room.

I still saw Mikey in my Pm Viewer list, but he could not see me. :)

At that time when i tested it i was on my premium account. I'm confused now. Premium accounts can have different privileges based on if they are owned by a model or a regular member?

I think I tried this when I couldn't get a model to load in lounge, and couldn't see her in pm either it just showed the cam as loading but never actually loaded (and lounge is same) but when I clicked on her page it said I was banned or the room was invitation only.

I guess they ban a range of addresses cos I'd never even watched her before.

AngelNery said:
At that time when i tested it i was on my premium account. I'm confused now. Premium accounts can have different privileges based on if they are owned by a model or a regular member?
Oh, no I just meant if you're logged on your model account on the website. If you were on a premium account that's certainly weird. But hopefully it was a temporary glitch as it seems to work correctly now.

Well what I wonder is if it shows a member as viewing you if they can't actually see your cam (ie it won't load because the member is banned) or even just if they're in pm with you, but not with your cam open.

Because I heard someone say yesterday "hey how are all these banned people watching my cam" and I guess she was talking about pm viewers

Amber when you tested this, did you close your cam and reopen it at all during this test?

I ask because a couple months ago a girl I like banned some idiot from her room before she did her show, and he still watched and even recorded it from the PM window.

Now about a week ago or so I was in a top models room who has probably been around as long, if not longer than you Amber, and I heard her talking about banning someone, and how she should log out and log back in, otherwise he'll still be able to watch her in a PM window.

The only thing I personally can confirm about bans is that the ban is also linked to your credit card. Amber, not sure if you read the story in the models section or not, the one about having 2 brothers in my room who each have separate accounts, but have bought tokens from the same credit card at one point, and the one brother is a douche so I banned him, but then a few minutes later the other -good- brother was banned (and *I* personally didn't ban him) so the only thing that would make sense in that the credit card ban tracked him.

CurvyDDMarie said:
Amber when you tested this, did you close your cam and reopen it at all during this test?

I ask because a couple months ago a girl I like banned some idiot from her room before she did her show, and he still watched and even recorded it from the PM window.

Now about a week ago or so I was in a top models room who has probably been around as long, if not longer than you Amber, and I heard her talking about banning someone, and how she should log out and log back in, otherwise he'll still be able to watch her in a PM window.

The only thing I personally can confirm about bans is that the ban is also linked to your credit card. Amber, not sure if you read the story in the models section or not, the one about having 2 brothers in my room who each have separate accounts, but have bought tokens from the same credit card at one point, and the one brother is a douche so I banned him, but then a few minutes later the other -good- brother was banned (and *I* personally didn't ban him) so the only thing that would make sense in that the credit card ban tracked him.
They could have been on the same wifi connection. :D But it's cool if the CC is attached, who knows.

I did NOT turn off my cam at all. I simply banned him, kept hanging out in my room, and he tested the different possibilities.

yeah they were prob sharing an internet connection, it bans the IP address.

Status
Not open for further replies.