AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Beginner's questions- please help a girl out!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
LexyFrench said:
I have been on MFC for a while. I work through a management company http://www.gpremiermodels.com/GET_DISCOVERED_TODAY_.php ( http://www.gpremiermodels.com) they remote access my computer for me and also come oput and train me of fly me to any of the studios to train. So I have never had any issues with that kind of stuff. I am also on http://www.watchlivemodels.com It is not as bust as MFC but its also a lot easier and not as many girls. The money ends up being about the same on both for me.
I'm going to be honest. I don't care what the reason is for doing it who ever lets some one even a business put a RAT on their computer is stupid.

I'm not gona go so far as to call them stupid. But damn, just not a good idea. OT a good idea at all. Please be careful. I don't even know how to be careful with that actually. Just not a good idea.

Be careful with studios in general, especially ones that sound so sneaky weird.

Reactions: BadgirlIvy
Tip for a beginner:

Don't do something you're not comfortable with thinking "when I get a fanbase, I can stop doing this". Because your fan base will be built off that thing you're not comfortable with, so once you stop doing it, you'll lose the fans.

So, if you're not comfortable with something, it's probably better if you don't do it.

if you ask me there really isint any secrets to this. have fun and be yourself, dont try to copy any of the other models cause guys will come because they like you.

good luck and have fun! ;)

Reactions: Toya uk
I have to say as a new model this post has helped me a lot thank you. I have only cammed like 5 times, and the first time was a bit overwhelming. I almost did not go back till I found this site. I find my self getting caught up in more convos and laughing with the guys rather than just getting naked. Just wanted to say thank you means a lot knowing that I have somewhere I can go with questions.

My gosh, when I first started camming, I did not discover this forum until months later. My countdowns used to be really low because I was scared that I wouldn't be able to reach them...but DON'T be afraid to take risks! Only on one occasion I haven't met my countdown because MFC was so goddamn slow (It was a Monday, btw). But you just have to work your ass off, and often members, especially the sweet and gracious ones, come around and motivate others to tip as well in their line of yellow token-fire.

If it's slow, I always just babble about something that's going on in pop culture: the NBA draft, Obamacare, a stupid tweet/video that went viral, and usually someone will chime in and that gets the ball rolling. Appeal to a variety of interests, while still staying true to yourself. People love people with layers :)

Good luck gal!!!

I just started two days ago and discover this forum today...so helpful! thank you, I will be roaming the site, there is so much stuff to take in!

First off, this thread rocks, I am learning a ton reading it. I'm contemplating get into the biz and was wondering the pros and cons of having an agent or manager. Any advice?

Jolene said:
First off, this thread rocks, I am learning a ton reading it. I'm contemplating get into the biz and was wondering the pros and cons of having an agent or manager. Any advice?

There are no pros that I know of. They take a percentage of your money and usually don't give you any perks or help in return.

The only pros I can see about it is if you have absolutely no one to help you with technical issues.

Since you've joined this forum, that is not the case.

FrankieChemical said:
Jolene said:

There are no pros that I know of. They take a percentage of your money and usually don't give you any perks or help in return.

There are also LOTS of guys who think pimps are a huge turn-off. The draw of MFC is the independence factor. You'd be better off working your way up :)

Imo, there could be some situations where having an agent/manager would be worthwhile. However, I would expect them to provide more resources than most "pimps" do.

There are many more situations I'm running in to now than when I started where I kind of wish I had someone in my corner to help me out. Obviously, ACF is a huge help to me, but having access to this forum won't get anyone to help me manage my social media sites, get in touch with photographers and other models, advertise, maintain a schedule, and stay on task and stay on top of my business.

Yes, those are all things I can do myself. However, doing everything I need to do every day to stay at the top of my game is many hours of work. There are definitely a lot of things I want to do right now that I can't do simply because there aren't enough hours in the day and there are other things I need to focus on.

I am very envious of ladies who have boyfriends, husbands and partners that can support them a great deal in actually getting work done. My SO is supportive but his ideal camming style is very different than my own, and when it comes to work I'm too independent to want to change things.

I do not want to discredit the hard work of many amazing and successful self-made models, but I do feel that not many successful models are completely alone. If it's acceptable for a model to hire a webmaster, photographer, video editor, profile designer, and graphics designer, is it really so odd that a model find a manager to corral all that stuff and keep it sorted out? Independence is very attractive to people but there is a difference between being contracted to a studio or pimp that won't help you, and hiring a manager to manage your business.

Hi there. I have simple question of a beginner. So i think it will be ok if i ask it in this thread. When i ignore user (i mean i click on his name in chat and ignore link) he stays in my room and probably wants to tell me somethings. Well, the question is if his texts invisible just for me and other users still can see his shit or he can see that i muted him and he just cant type at all?

LanaK said:
Hi there. I have simple question of a beginner. So i think it will be ok if i ask it in this thread. When i ignore user (i mean i click on his name in chat and ignore link) he stays in my room and probably wants to tell me somethings. Well, the question is if his texts invisible just for me and other users still can see his shit or he can see that i muted him and he just cant type at all?

My understanding is that if you use the model web broadcaster and ignore them, no one in the room will see what they say. I don't think the person gets a message saying they have been muted.

Reactions: LanaK
Just Me said:
LanaK said:

My understanding is that if you use the model web broadcaster and ignore them, no one in the room will see what they say. I don't think the person gets a message saying they have been muted.
That's pretty hilarious if you think about it.

LilyMarie said:
Just Me said:
LanaK said:

That's pretty hilarious if you think about it.

It would be pretty cool if the troll/asshole thought that people were actually reading his uh "contributions". Perhaps have the system even include a few random LOL, :h:, and some other emotes to encourage him to continue shouting in the woods.

• Funny!
Reactions: oyabeelovely
Thank you for answer. I didnt even know that broadcasting through software and browser has different features. I used both of them and broadcasting from webpage seemed more easy and handy. But on my laptop webpage doesnt take proper colors from splitter so i have to use software.
Well, i was just curious how that looks for ignored members )) I actually only once ignored member. In that case He started to describe what would he do me, how and how long and all that blah-blah-blah with me and he were not going to tip or take me private so i just muted him. He stayed in my chatroom quite long time so i decided to unmute him and then he said " would u like that, eh?". He didnt seem to realise that he was ignored. His messages, as i suppose, were sent in chat for him but i wonder if other users in chatroom could still see his texts.

Reactions: LadyLuna
In the software, the room can still see it.
In the browser, the room cannot see it anymore.
The member will never know for sure if he's actually had the ignore button used on him, or if everyone's just not responding to what he says.

And you never have to defend why you've ignored someone. It's simple- they said something that was against how you want your room to work. Whether cause they were getting too graphic in public, or because they were insulting people, that's between you and the member (if he tries to find out why he's been ignored)

Reactions: LanaK
LadyLuna said:
The member will never know for sure if he's actually had the ignore button used on him, or if everyone's just not responding to what he says.
On the browser broadcaster, using the ignore function will make it so their chat doesn't even show up to THEM, so they will know they've been ignored. Or think there is a chat glitch. :lol:

Reactions: LadyLuna and LanaK
AmberCutie said:
LadyLuna said:
On the browser broadcaster, using the ignore function will make it so their chat doesn't even show up to THEM, so they will know they've been ignored. Or think there is a chat glitch. :lol:
It must make them rage so hard! :-D

TheFluffsta said:
AmberCutie said:
LadyLuna said:
It must make them rage so hard! :-D
Yeah I often wonder how many times they re-type the same thing into the chat box because they haven't figured out they've been silenced. Makes me happy to think it frustrates them.

This thread is Amazing! I am new and found it quite helpful, Thank you to the person who made it - I'd definitely five u some pts..but idk where to go, still VERy new.
I'll find it eventually, have Great common knowledge! lol...Well Happy Holidays everyone!

AmberCutie said:
Yeah I often wonder how many times they re-type the same thing into the chat box because they haven't figured out they've been silenced. Makes me happy to think it frustrates them.

I went to Iris' room as Kool_Ray and told her to look at the camera. She, who never bans anybody,promptly ignored me. It only took me one or two times to figure out that I have been ignored. However, I had to tip her 3 tips before I realized that ignoring also hides tips and tips notes :mrgreen:

HiGirlsRHot said:
AmberCutie said:

I went to Iris' room as Kool_Ray and told her to look at the camera. She, who never bans anybody,promptly ignored me. It only took me one or two times to figure out that I have been ignored. However, I had to tip her 3 tips before I realized that ignoring also hides tips and tips notes :mrgreen:

ooow so the girls does get the tips? just doesn't see it at that moment? haha thats even more hilarious
especially if someone if so sorry they decide to tip huge

Don't be afraid of taking risks, of shooting for what you want. I know other models have said it, I'm just pitching in.

If you don't want to get topless for less than 2,000 tokens, don't do it. If you don't want to get topless period end, don't.

When I first started camming (on another site, then progressing to MFC), I had people asking for things all the time. I
later came to realize that all it was, in fact, was begging. That's something I don't really tolerate any longer in my room.
I was setting really low room goals, thinking that I couldn't achieve more than that because nobody was willing to meet
anything higher. If they're not? Tough luck for them, someone else will come along who WILL be willing to meet your
requests, in return for their own requests.

"I am disinclined to acquiesce to your request."

It's from Pirates of the Caribbean, but it's totally true, so don't underestimate yourself.

If you're setting low goals all the time for a public "show" or getting you naked for the internet to see, people are going to
see that as the norm for your room. So why will they want to give you a private or tip you higher, if they know that with a
few 10 token tips from other guests, you'll be naked shortly enough and without much effort on your part.

You're worth more, so make them think it and know it for yourself. It may take some time, but you will gain a following, and
you won't have to feel cheap, or seem cheap to the MFC'ers who like to pinch their tokens. Trust me, holding out for your
token goal, or chatting up a room until you get someone who has enjoyed your conversation and takes you private for 30
minutes, is a lot better than sitting naked in your room for a grand total of 600 tokens while people stop tipping because
they've already got what they want.

If you don't want to do something in public chat... for instance, last night I had people screaming up a storm for a public squirt
show, and I hadn't met a single goal yet that night (only been on for an hour), I simply asked, "Why? Because you begged for it?
I'll tell ya what, kids, give me a free cum show and I'll give you one." MFC guests can be nice, funny, and sweet... but they can
also just be horndogs who want to get off without effort. They've probably (I can safely assume) never had the job that you do,
and some don't understand that it IS a job (even though it's a fun one), thinking that you're there just to get off like they are.

So be patient, find your own limits, and don't let other people set them for you. You'll find your camming experience much more
enjoyable, and you'll also find that a majority of your regulars are the 'good guys' who can carry on a conversation, play your room
games, and also tip you without a "please, bb, i will has tkns l8er if u gimme a show now". ;)

Hope that wasn't too long or too repetetive of other posts... it's just something that I used to experience all the time, and I didn't
really enjoy camming until I found my own boundaries, limits, and goals. So... yeah. [hides in a corner]​

Hey guys,

I'm a university student who could use some money, and I've been considering camming for the last couple of days. It seems like something I might be good at and enjoy, but I have a question my Google searches haven't been able to answer.

What kinds of things do I need to start out? I have a webcam built into my laptop (claims it's 720p), but it's probably not good enough. I actually don't have a nice camera for taking profile pics at all. I can jury-rig some lighting for now, so that's not such a big deal. But I don't own any sex toys (yeah, I know), and I have almost no "sexy" clothing that isn't tall socks. I'd like to keep my immediate startup costs low and only buy what I really need, and get more/better props later. What should I get right away, and what can I put off for right now?

Thanks. :)

• Funny!
Reactions: xXpinksparkleXx
rubyrolla said:
Hey guys,

I'm a university student who could use some money, and I've been considering camming for the last couple of days. It seems like something I might be good at and enjoy, but I have a question my Google searches haven't been able to answer.

What kinds of things do I need to start out? I have a webcam built into my laptop (claims it's 720p), but it's probably not good enough. I actually don't have a nice camera for taking profile pics at all. I can jury-rig some lighting for now, so that's not such a big deal. But I don't own any sex toys (yeah, I know), and I have almost no "sexy" clothing that isn't tall socks. I'd like to keep my immediate startup costs low and only buy what I really need, and get more/better props later. What should I get right away, and what can I put off for right now?

Thanks. :)
It vastly varies.

Everything you have will be fine to start camming. Sexy clothes and sex toys are not necessary for success and some models (like myself) don't utilize them or don't need to utilize them.

Invest in lighting; a $40 lighting kit off of amazon will do you well. Or, use some lamps from home (like I do, although I am upgrading soon). Lighting makes a world of difference on a poor camera.

If you have about $100 to spend, buy a logitech 920c camera. Most models use that cam and it is very high quality - you can't go wrong.

Don't buy anything right now that you absolutely don't need (a webcam and good lighting is all I would suggest). Don't by clothes, toys, props, make-up, or anything - unless you feel you absolutely MUST have it to succeed. I lived off of camming for months with a built-in webcam on my boyfriend's laptop, no sexy clothes, one dildo and one hitachi.

Do research and know how to cam before you start camming, especially if you are going to start on mfc (there is a thread 'is mfc a good site for beginner models?', at least I think that's what it's called -- some good info floating around there on sites more beginner-friendly). You can't get around having good technology, but props are just that - props. A good model is not made nor broken by the amount of dildos she has.

I started off with a logitech quickcam pro 9000, a very bright desklamp and a dimmed decorative lamp. I taped an index card on the edge of the desklamp to keep the light from getting in my eyes too much.

For clothes, I had t-shirts, cargo-pants, childlike cloth bras that had no molded cup or underwire, and giant bikini-cut panties (I should've been wearing size 4, but they were size 6). I also had a silky looking robe that I'd put on after the first naked countdown (would give them about a half hour to hour before getting into the robe).

For toys, I had one bunny and one massager. The massager was a cheap $7 massager from Spencers, only a couple inches long. The bunny was a 4-inch bunny.

You really don't need much equipment to get started. The biggest thing you need is experience... my experience was skyping with significant others, phone sex with significant others, (spent about a year total in long-distance relationships... only cause of going home for the summer during college) and irc chatrooms for how to keep up with multiple conversations at once. OH! And lots of masturbation. It's important that you be comfortable with how your body works before you get started, I think anyway. Then again, if you haven't done much, then you can always market! Like I marketed the hell out of "See my first time with anal!" or "See my second time with anal!" "First ever rope-show!" Some guys like watching a girl figure things out for the first time.

Lastly, your online persona prep. This is IMPORTANT. Get yourself a camming screen name. (something sexy with something real seems to work really well. Or a real-ish name with a word that says something about who you are. Examples: FrankieChemical, a girl who looks a little butch, and definitely seems to be into dark things. AmberCutie, very girl-next-door, come have fun with me vibe. Both of those are taken, so don't take those.) Set up a gmail account with that camname. If you plan on using twitter, use that camname. If you plan on using tumblr, use that camname. If you want to use facebook, use that camname. ANYTHING you plan on connecting to your camlife, use that. EXCEPT- don't use it as the email you sign up for the camsites with! Members will try to hack your account. It's recommended that you have a separate email that no one knows and no one can search for in order to sign up for the actual camsite. At the very least, use one that none of the members will ever know about.

LOCK DOWN your personal accounts NOW, before the member tracks you down. If you have facebook, make your profile pic something that isn't you. Make everything friends only, and go through your friends list making sure you actually do know everyone on it. DO NOT let it be friends-of-friends, because a lot of people aren't careful about who they add to their facebook friendslist.

Come up with an alias. A fake name that looks real. If people ask for my real name, I give them "Eve Matteo", and tell them it's a pen name. And yes, I do write, and yes, I do plan on publishing under that name, but I don't use facebook ever. My parents do, but they know what I do, so they will understand when I publish if I tell them "don't say anything about that being your daughter!"

Please believe me on this, protecting your identity from being found out by the members, without making it obvious that you're trying to hide your identity, is really important.

So yeah, as far as equipment goes, don't worry about it yet, unless you can drop the $100 for a logitech c920, or can find a logitech webcam 9000 (they're out of production, but sometimes you can find one on Amazon for $40). Worry instead about protecting yourself. But don't stress it too much!

Last bit of advice: find something that relaxes you completely. Make sure that thing never has anything to do with camming. That way, you have one thing in your life that completely relaxes you which will never make you think of being on camera. Finding other relaxing things to do on camera is also a good idea. Or fun things. Or things that are both fun and relaxing. But it's important to have one thing that is not for camming. (Mine's playing the "piano", which at the moment is just a keyboard.)