AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Best Cover Song?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Jicky

Very interesting Bohemian Rhapsody cover. The artist was much more interesting than the actual cover song. Would love to see her live.

Reactions: JickyJuly
Try Hallelujah by this 13 yo girl. (Keep in mind, English is not her native tongue).

She also does a pretty good version of Amy Lee's My Immortal

and nails Whitney's "I Will Always Love You"

as well as being the youngest member of the Brazillian National Choir, learning English, Dance, Guitar, Piano and others.
A genuine star of the future.

As said above, I don't know if this is the best, but I found it very interesting

@SirLes

Watched the Hallelujah vid. Not saying it's not her singing, but it looks and sounds lip-synced. If it actually is her voice on the recording, then amazing.

Some others I found kicking around in my Youtube shortcuts folder, a couple of random covers by up and coming artists!

Super surprised the first one has not been mentioned yet. Or at least I didn't notice it.

Gary Jules - Mad World

Pomplamoose - Single Ladies

Reactions: Albert_1
There's some sickeningly talented fuckers on youtube...

I love this girl and if she was mine I would totally give her all my money... (Prince cover)

This girl has a really beautiful voice and her voice is so wonderfully suited to this Neil Young song

This guy transposed Clarence Clemons' sax solo from "Jungleland" to guitar and became one cool motherfucker in the process

http://youtu.be/6Th0HT2i-T4

I've ALWAYS loved this cover by the deftones. It's such a great song originally, but there is something about the way chino does it that just....gahhhh

Attachments

• Photo on 2012-05-18 at 14.56 #3.jpg
    Photo on 2012-05-18 at 14.56 #3.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 147
XMandyXMetalX said:
I've ALWAYS loved this cover by the deftones. It's such a great song originally, but there is something about the way chino does it that just....gahhhh

Stayed very true to the original. With a song that good, it's imperative. I'm older, so I prefer the Skynyrd version, but these guys deserve props. Very cool.

Reactions: XMandyXMetalX
RogueWarrior said:
XMandyXMetalX said:

Stayed very true to the original. With a song that good, it's imperative. I'm older, so I prefer the Skynyrd version, but these guys deserve props. Very cool.

I agree with Rogue other than the "I'm older" statement. The Shinedown cover of it is pretty decent too I'd say though anything Shinedown gets overplayed like crazy on the radio here where I live so it's nice to hear other versions (whether original or cover) of this great song. :)

XMandyXMetalX said:
http://youtu.be/6Th0HT2i-T4

Yeah, I'm older too (well, alright, I'm 27, but I feel about 50) so I'm partial to the Skynyrd version. This is cool though. Very true to the original, which is for the best. Had they tried to change too much about it, it would have been poopy. That does mean that it doesn't really sound like a Deftones song though (which I guess it's not :)).
Incidentally, I thought the last Deftones album was the best thing they've ever done. Sex Tape, You've Seen The Butcher, Rocket Skates, Beauty School and CMND/CNTRL are the fucking mad notes, yo.

It's a double edged sword for me- While I hate when bands absolutely slaughter a classic I'd prefer they still try and make it theirs instead of it sounding exactly like the original. What's the point of a cover if you're going to sound exactly like the person who did it first?

SweepTheLeg said:
It's a double edged sword for me- While I hate when bands absolutely slaughter a classic I'd prefer they still try and make it theirs instead of it sounding exactly like the original. What's the point of a cover if you're going to sound exactly like the person who did it first?

I hear ya. But it's a fine line to walk about how much to deviate from a very well known classic song. Kind of a "circle of music" type of thing. Been happening for a long time. A band covers a song from years gone by and fans of that artist may discover the original artist. However if they butcher the song, why would anyone want to find the original?

Worst I have heard by a well-known artist covering a classic is Faith Hill's version of Janis Joplin's "Piece of My Heart". Absolutely atrocious. Will not post any link because it doesn't deserve to be heard. :-D

I guess I'm different in that aspect, If I hear a cover that I don't know and it gets butchered I will think "There has to be a reason they wanted to cover it and I'd go check out the original.

They didn't stray too far from the original but yet did enough to make it theirs. I guess that's my point- If someone was to play that Deftones cover I don't think I'd have even known it was the cover or if it was even Deftones.

Manfred Mann's Earth Band came out with Somewhere in Afrika (perhaps best known for "Runner", which became kind of an unofficial anthem for the 84 olympics) during my early teen years and had a big influence on my musical taste. On it, they do a cover of Demolition Man, which I hadn't heard the original of. Years down the road, I heard the Police version and could hardly believe how much better I thought Manfred Mann's take on it was.

(There are a couple of youtube clips with the original MTV video, but they both have audio issues)

Reactions: Jobs4Adults.com
Really liking this cover of Johnny Cash's Jackson from
Florence And The Machines MTV unplugged album featuring
Josh Homme of Queens Of The Stone Age.

eclipse76 said:
Ahmet & Dweezil Zappa - Britney Spears Version Baby One More Time

There is something eerily creepy about that cover, yet strangely satisfying and infinitely more interesting than the original.

Reactions: dogglius
I just became aware of this song a few days ago after hearing this cover, but the original is AMAZING. I am not a huge Taylor fan but I think this shows a more mature/adult side of her.

While I was listening to some Mumford and Sons (I had to check them out after hearing the song above) I came across a cover they did of one of my favorite songs.

I just discovered this band a few hours ago. Love 'em.

I never knew this was a great song until i heard their cover. There is a studio version that kicks the shit out of the original, but this live recording is freaking fantastic.

Reactions: BlueViolet
Status
Not open for further replies.