AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Best Cover Song?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:) Great topic.

I LOVE this version... :romance-heartstiny:

Ah, covers... I may be here a while.
I'll try not to dwell on the obvious ones. Hendrix's "All Along The Watchtower" and "Hey Joe" are obviously amazing, as is Jeff Buckley's "Hallelujah" and Johnny Cash's "Hurt". The Isley Brother's (Who's That) Lady is straight-up bad-ass and I always dug Manfred Mann's "Blinded By The Light". Here be the not so obvious ones, yo...

Grace Potter, Joe Satriani and more cover Neil Young's "Cortez The Killer"

The bit at 2:18 where she sings the line "So that others could go on" is amazing - that lazy, cool, Southern drawl giving way to unfettered emotion; it's enough to make a grown man cry, innit.

John Legend & The Roots covering Bill Withers' "I Can't Write Left Handed"

The Smashing Pumpkins covering Thin Lizzy's "Dancing In The Moonlight"

Prince covering George Clinton's "Erotic City"

Bat For Lashes covering Bruce Springsteen's "I'm On Fire"

Dinosaur Jr covering The Cure's "Just Like Heaven"

Creedence Clearwater Revival covering Screaming Jay Hawkins' "I Put A Spell On You"

Jimi Hendrix covering Howlin Wolf's "Killing Floor"

The Beatles covering Smokey Robinson's "You Really Got A Hold On Me"

Rage Against The Machine covering MC5's "Kick Out The Jams"

I'm forgetting loads...

i LOVE Travis and they actually make this sound like a real song.

and

This gets played sooo often in my room. Also, i think it belongs in that rare category of covers that are better than the original (sorry INXS).

Revolting Cocks covering "Do ya think I'm Sexy". Waaay better and Rod Stewart's version:

Megadeth covering "These Boots" with more interesting lyrics:

Megadeth's cover of Sex Pistol's "Anarchy in the U.K." Better than the original IMO:

Two of the best Black Sabbath cover's you will ever hear:

Sodom covering "Surfin' Bird". BEST. COVER. EVER.

Reactions: YayItsAdam
Annabelle, great cover by the White Stripes, but I've always preferred this cover by Mindy Smith. Such haunting vocals. Hope you enjoy.

Oooh covers, I know plenty but I'll try and start with the lesser known.

Agent Orange totally made Metallica's 'Seek and Destroy' their own, turning it into one helluva skate punk tune that really gets me going. Go ahead try and tell me this isn't righteous.

soulfly's black sabbath cover of Under the Sun. I like this version more than the original to be honest.

mynameisbob84 said:
Ah, covers... I may be here a while.
I'll try not to dwell on the obvious ones. Hendrix's "All Along The Watchtower" and "Hey Joe" are obviously amazing, as is Jeff Buckley's "Hallelujah" and Johnny Cash's "Hurt". The Isley Brother's (Who's That) Lady is straight-up bad-ass and I always dug Manfred Mann's "Blinded By The Light". Here be the not so obvious ones, yo...

Grace Potter, Joe Satriani and more cover Neil Young's "Cortez The Killer"

The bit at 2:18 where she sings the line "So that others could go on" is amazing - that lazy, cool, Southern drawl giving way to unfettered emotion; it's enough to make a grown man cry, innit.

Wow. Thanks for that one. Vocals very Joplinesque at times.

sweetiebatman,

That Lucie Silvas cover of a Metallica song was more than a bit good. LOVED IT. Too bad can only thank once.

Reactions: sweetiebatman
Took an iconic song, made it theirs. First time I ever heard at a friends it I didn't even know it was iron man until I really started paying attention to the lyrics- it was a "wait...is this....? Yep." type of moment

Reactions: RogueWarrior
SweepTheLeg said:
Took an iconic song, made it theirs. First time I ever heard at a friends it I didn't even know it was iron man until I really started paying attention to the lyrics- it was a "wait...is this....? Yep." type of moment

Very interesting. Personally I don't care for their version, but everything you said is true. If I didn't already know coming in, I would have had to listen carefully to figure out what song that was.

But I am intrigued by unique and interesting.

Me being biased but this cover is better than the original and I think of a better man to sing about being crazy than Gordon of the Violent Femmes.

A couple of caveats:

Yeah, I know it's a Janis Joplin cover and you really can't top the original. This may be sacrilege to some (yeah, I'm looking at you mynameisbob), but after hearing so many HORRENDOUS covers of this song, this one is good. Besides, I love Paul Shortino's* voice and grew up on 80's hair metal, so there. :mrgreen:

Couldn't find a good live version as Rough Cutt was never all that popular and the official video version would have found it's way into worst video thread.

*Cameo in "This Is Spinal Tap". Bonus points.

Nordling said:
I have an alternate favorite to Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah--k.d. lang's version:

saw her do this live and I CRIED. it was so good and didn't really know of or care for her. but dang. so good.

Just remembered this, Jeff Buckeys cover of The Smiths song, I know Its over

Status
Not open for further replies.