AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Black bulb?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 13, 2018
Poland
Chaturbate Username
nickiii666
Hi ,maybe anyone will know what Im talking about. My friend told me about some bulb- she was reading on some forum that camgirls using it. Its not normal black bulb. It make your room and background really dark and nice. And as she told me-its not so easy to find. Anyone has idea what can it be? That bulb makes the room nice and dark (like photograpic effect) even when is day.

Hi ,maybe anyone will know what Im talking about. My friend told me about some bulb- she was reading on some forum that camgirls using it. Its not normal black bulb. It make your room and background really dark and nice. And as she told me-its not so easy to find. Anyone has idea what can it be? That bulb makes the room nice and dark (like photograpic effect) even when is day.
That sounds like it defies the laws of physics, I don't see how a light like that can exist.

Maybe I'm mistaken but it is called black light (like forensic from CSI use or in dance clubs or whatever).

Also there's an article (I don't know how accurate it is) on hanker dot com about potential danger of long exposure and stuff.

I dont know what i clicked but i doubled your message with reply:D Anyway wow thanks.I will check that one. Im curious if I can instiall normally it in my flat or its complicated

Maybe I'm mistaken but it is called black light (like forensic from CSI use or in dance clubs or whatever).

Also there's an article (I don't know how accurate it is) on hanker dot com about potential danger of long exposure and stuff.
Do you know any direct link where I can buy directly that kind of bulb? When im searching im not sure if its that specific one

I dont know what i clicked but i doubled your message with reply:D Anyway wow thanks.I will check that one. Im curious if I can instiall normally it in my flat or its complicated
This won't give you the desired effect, as it requires you to turn off or limit other lights for it to work. It will also be too dark for any webcam.

So, maybe rather than trying to figure out what this is or where to get it... Can you describe or show us the effect you are trying to achieve? I'm having a hard time imagining what the purpose is.

From what I have found bassed on the lightbulb in the video, they are just standard UV bulbs just adapted for use in a standard lamp. The one in the video seems to be broken though, no light = your light dosnt work 😂

I think I understand what's trying to be achieved though, just lighting the subject and foreground and not the background of the room.

There are photography tricks you can do to have a dark background and still be lit.

Usually to achieve that you need to lower your shutter and aperture (exposure would be almost equivalent for webcam) and have your lighting be to the side of you. Avoid direct lighting behind the camera.

So, maybe rather than trying to figure out what this is or where to get it... Can you describe or show us the effect you are trying to achieve? I'm having a hard time imagining what the purpose is.
I'm not getting it either. There obviously are "black light" bulbs that emit UV and make things fluoresce.

But that doesn't seem to be what's described.

There are no bulbs which will remove light to make things dark "even when it's day."

i ordered something like that for test- it says BLACKLIGHT effect- no UV (because with UV will be visible only white things or fluorescened) . I wil give you feedback when it will arrive:)))))))))))))))

im pretty sure blacklights are another name for uv lights? i bought several at spencer's gifts when i was a teenager for my bedroom and that's what they were labeled.

i dont think you are going to get the effect you want. regardless, you can do some pretty cool lighting effects with it. maybe do body painting shows with fluorescent paint.

is this what you are looking for?

• Helpful!
Reactions: melanieoncam
im pretty sure blacklights are another name for uv lights? i bought several at spencer's gifts when i was a teenager for my bedroom and that's what they were labeled.

i dont think you are going to get the effect you want. regardless, you can do some pretty cool lighting effects with it. maybe do body painting shows with fluorescent paint.

is this what you are looking for?

Nooo i want everywhere dark but only me good visible. When i use softbox or ringlamp then everything around is in light. I want no background,no nothing visible-everywhere darkness,but only me in light

Nooo i want everywhere dark but only me good visible. When i use softbox or ringlamp then everything around is in light. I want no background,no nothing visible-everywhere darkness,but only me in light
i have used that black light bulb to make some nice body fluerescent paint shows, its really cool, and if you want sometjhing like that you have to do some light fixes in your room and dark close to dark background, try fixin lights pointing from down and up to you and nothing else and that should give you the desired effect, also, webcams are a little limiting on the effects we can get, and some bigger models use DSLR cams directly sending a stream of video thru HDMI and that helps them too.

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
Yeah what you bought is definitely a UV light.

What you want to achieve is done with lighting tricks. Here is a better video/tutorial.

It's for a camera though, but you should still be able to get black background. What you bought isn't going to do that for you.

There are two requirements you need to make this happens. First you need to be able to control your light, and second you need as much space as possible. You need your background to be as far away form you as possible, as this limits the amount of light that hits it. Usually people do this in a large room. If you do not have enough space you would have to have something black and non-reflective covering the entire background. For lighting you need to have a large softbox, a powerful light, and a light grid. The helps control the direction of the light so it doesn't hit anything else. The light needs to be strong because a light grid greatly reduces the overall amount of light, and you also have to account for light fall off.

1616981034971.png

Attachments

• 1616980575234.png
    1616980575234.png
    80.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
There are two requirements you need to make this happens. First you need to be able to control your light, and second you need as much space as possible. You need your background to be as far away form you as possible, as this limits the amount of light that hits it. Usually people do this in a large room. If you do not have enough space you would have to have something black and non-reflective covering the entire background. For lighting you need to have a large softbox, a powerful light, and a light grid. The helps control the direction of the light so it doesn't hit anything else. The light needs to be strong because a light grid greatly reduces the overall amount of light, and you also have to account for light fall off.

View attachment 87683
Where I can buy this light grid? Is part of softbox or you buy it separately?

View attachment 87683
Ok i found :h: THANK YOU EVERYBODY! You are superhelpful :h:

View attachment 87683
Can you recommend me how big should me total softbox with grid? I mean xxxxxx cm x yyyyyyyy cm- how much those centimeters to get the best effect?

Can you recommend me how big should me total softbox with grid? I mean xxxxxx cm x yyyyyyyy cm- how much those centimeters to get the best effect?
It's hard to say because it depends on the distance between you and the light. Generally the larger the softbox the better. I'd aim for something in the 90-120cm range. Do keep in mind that for softboxes this large you generally need more expensive lights.

Sometimes you cam buy the grid with the lights, but often it's sold seperately.

It's hard to say because it depends on the distance between you and the light. Generally the larger the softbox the better. I'd aim for something in the 90-120cm range. Do keep in mind that for softboxes this large you generally need more expensive lights.

Sometimes you cam buy the grid with the lights, but often it's sold seperately.
Hmmm i was checking today and i saw only softboxes with grids. I couldnt see it separately.

Where I can buy this light grid? Is part of softbox or you buy it separately?
you can find them in photography stores and on aliexpress, you can buy them separately to fit on a softbot you already have (you need to check the measurements though) or you can normally buy them as a set. If you take a photo of the look you are trying to get to a photography store they should be able to help you pick out the lights and soft boxes and explain how to set them up for that look, proberly going to depend on the store though. My local store is great for getting info like that.

Reactions: BlackWizard
you can find them in photography stores and on aliexpress, you can buy them separately to fit on a softbot you already have (you need to check the measurements though) or you can normally buy them as a set. If you take a photo of the look you are trying to get to a photography store they should be able to help you pick out the lights and soft boxes and explain how to set them up for that look, proberly going to depend on the store though. My local store is great for getting info like that.
love that answer :h: thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.