AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Bladerunner Redux?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Declaration of a dead creativity....
when there is no single original idea left they just copy themselfs...

Reactions: schlmoe
Traditio said:
There is nothing new under the sun, bb.

Anyway, I'm very curious about this, but am bracing myself for disappointment.

Reactions: schlmoe
Sevrin said:
Traditio said:
There is nothing new under the sun, bb.

Anyway, I'm very curious about this, but am bracing myself for disappointment.

Not to sound like a flip-flopper, but I agree with both of you. We seem to have been plagued with re-makes, re-boots, etc lately, and TV is no different. The last one (re-make) I saw was True Grit. The story was changed enough (more like the book) to make it fresh for me. We'll see what happens for this...if it even takes off. Prequel, sequel, it doesn't matter much to me, as there is enough material out there to go either way. What matters to me the most is keeping the noir-ish look and feel, while resisting to go overboard with CGI (and 3-D).

Blade Runner is timeless, doesn't show itself as an '80s film. It annoys me that if they want to recreate the atmosphere or something they can't tell a sci-fi story they haven't already told.

Bladerunner is my favourite film of all time ever ever ever and I am worried that they are going to ruin it for me with a shoddy follow up. I'm braced for disappointment on this one. It was so perfect in itself (IMO) that I don't see how doing a prequel sequel or anything else now will possibly improve on the whole thing, and it could stand to tarnish it. I feel like writing a letter to Ridley Scott to beg him not to do it...

Ridley Scott has a pretty good track record, he has good taste, and I think he understands Blade Runner's place in movie history. He is getting up there in age, and I would imagine that he must be concerned with his legacy above all else these days. I'm a little wary, but I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt, at least until we have a better idea of how this project will shape up.

To be fair when he was working on a prequel to Alien he decided to not make a prequel and now we get to see Prometheus.

I'll only be excited if it's the same writers, too. Since they're still active, I sure hope it is.

I own... Holy fuck, 7 copies... of Blade Runner. DC DVD, Final Cut DVD, and the 5 Version HD-DVD set. Bought the stupid hd-dvd addon for the 360 and the set the day before all the speculation that hd-dvd was on it's way out. So... I don't like BR at ALL. Still need to play the damned Blade Runner PC game that I have owned for years.

waogo said:
I'll only be excited if it's the same writers, too. Since they're still active, I sure hope it is.

I own... Holy fuck, 7 copies... of Blade Runner. DC DVD, Final Cut DVD, and the 5 Version HD-DVD set. Bought the stupid hd-dvd addon for the 360 and the set the day before all the speculation that hd-dvd was on it's way out. So... I don't like BR at ALL. Still need to play the damned Blade Runner PC game that I have owned for years.

Well Philip K Dick is dead, but I'm assuming you mean the ones who adapted it for the screen. It's just weird if it's a complete redux - it's great, and he could do something new in the genre, so why?

Jupiter551 said:
waogo said:

Well Philip K Dick is dead, but I'm assuming you mean the ones who adapted it for the screen. It's just weird if it's a complete redux - it's great, and he could do something new in the genre, so why?

Yeah, the screenwriters, not Dick, haha. Oh, nice, one of em wrote 12 Monkies, too.

Keithy said:
To be fair when he was working on a prequel to Alien he decided to not make a prequel and now we get to see Prometheus.

Yeah, I breathed a sigh of relief when it fell apart due to a huge budget...

...but then it turned into two movies filmed back to back, no more worries about the budget and if you see any of the set photos that are circulating briefly before getting removed (http://www.alienprequelnews.com/ can be a good source although there's none right now), there are incredibly strong suggestions that they are still Alien related movies. (The link still mentions some reasons why, like logos from other Alien films).

:?

It's ok though, you can preserve what memories you have both of Alien & Blade Runner and just not go see whatever Scott decides to destroy his legacy with.

(Can you tell that my hopes are already dashed?)

Status
Not open for further replies.