AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Broadband Wireless & Camming

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SamCamNxtDoor

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Nov 10, 2010
So, of course, curse of the Samster, my husband and I found a sweet deal on a nice little farmhouse in the countryside-- about 5 miles from where we live now..... but there is NO internet access to this fracking place. Options are Satellite or Wireless Broadband -- Verizon or AT&T both have 3G coverage [supposedly] where the place is. Satellite sounds problematic due to latency issues. I'm wondering if it would even be possible to cam from a broadband connection and if anyone knows any models that do? I could really use some input ASAP. We cannot afford the place if I can't cam-- and I don't want to stop camming.... Even looking into a possible T1 line but I don't know how much that would cost there. I've read between $300 - $1500 a month. That probably would not be feasible but I figured I would inquire anyway....

Hi SweetieSam,

I have broadband Internet & I have my laptop set up to the connection wirelessly. I use my laptop when I'm camming without any problems (well other than MFC crashing but that's their problem not mine!!).

I'm not sure how much of a help my post is but if you have any questions feel free to ask. I'm not really that technically minded but I try :lol:

Btw: I'm in the UK

Lara ;)

Thanks Lara! Do you know what speed it says you are streaming at when you are on MFC?

ahh I'm not too sure but I'll check next time I'm camming. My broadcast is never laggy (except for MFC glitches) & my upload & download speeds are pretty quick.

Here in the UK the speed of our internet connection is often determined by the service provider in a particular area so one area may be have a faster internet connection using one particualr compnay whilst another area might be better using another service provider...hope that makes sense...my head hurts :lol:

LOL definitely makes sense!! Thank you.... and my head hurts too!! :lol:

I am pretty sure your wireless coverage is far superior to ours--- paricularly where we live, in rural midamerica.... :evil: Makes me miss living abroad..........

Lara_London said:
Hi SweetieSam,

I have broadband Internet & I have my laptop set up to the connection wirelessly. I use my laptop when I'm camming without any problems (well other than MFC crashing but that's their problem not mine!!).

I'm not sure how much of a help my post is but if you have any questions feel free to ask. I'm not really that technically minded but I try :lol:

Lara ;)

By wireless do you mean you are using normal internet with a wireless router or a 3G wireless card?

I might be wrong but I assumed sam was asking about the 3G networks if you dont have internet running into your house.

Leigh_rocks said:
Lara_London said:
Hi SweetieSam,

Lara ;)

By wireless do you mean you are using normal internet with a wireless router or a 3G wireless card?

I might be wrong but I assumed sam was asking about the 3G networks if you dont have internet running into your house.

Ahh yes, that's exactly what I meant...I'm such an idiot :oops: :lol: Thank's for pointing that out & sorry Sam hope you get you internet sorted ;)

Hi Sam,

I don't have wireless 3g but I did recently go into a mobile phone shop and spent a good 45 minutes quzzing the guy about the different phone companies, their wireless dongles and up and download speeds. By the look of things it varies enormously from one company to the next, as well as with all the different charges for exceeding download limits etc - although it did look like most of them had no limit on upload, which is what counts. The best thing to do would be to find out who has the best coverage in terms of mobile phone masts in your area as that will make a huge difference in consistency of service, and then go and ask the one that has the most what they offer in terms of dongles and how much upload you get (anything less than 1 mb will make for a very poor quality feed). Some of the romanian models on mfc work with dongles sometimes and do well so with a bit of luck it shouldn't be too difficult for you. Good luck!!

It totally failed. :( The house was too old--built in 1882 [possibly earlier, with very thick walls] and in a gully, so it had virtually no reception. There are all kinds of things you can do to boost signal, etc, but require expensive antennae and other equipment and I still wouldn't be guaranteed a connection. I am actually really, really upset about the house. It was AWESOME. Tons of room for my kids to play, no neighbors, just perfect. Except the internet. I was waiting on a final quote regarding a T1 line from our local provider but the landlord said he wanted to know by tonight and I won't have the quote until Monday so it's a no go. Back to the hunt. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.