AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Buyer’s remorse

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2018
As a pretty big spender on mfc, I know what it takes to spoil a model and get her attention. However, I’ve often experienced buyer’s remorse after getting that attention. Inevitably, I’ll see another girl I like on the site. Of course mfc is happy. But each girl gives different perks for big tippers and some of the perks are just better than others. And then I’m regretting spending on the inferior offers when I could have just spoiled one. Anyone else go through this?

For me, not really. There's nothing I really regret. There's one video I've purchased that I felt was a bit misleading, but I still enjoyed it and was happy to support the model at the time. I think the video was overpriced for the content, but she gave me extra attention anyway so it's not something I would complain about. The thing with the video though was misleading title/tags, and this would probably annoy most people, especially at a 2000+ token price tag. For a an advertised "girl/girl" video, most people would expect more than just some light "petting" and kissing. Would also expect some video editing that actually made sense. Kind of feels like false advertising The thumbnail (it's a great shot though) is from a part of the video that lasts about a minute or less before randomly cutting out. It's like saying oooh check out the action in this video, but oh wait, sorry, it only lasts 30 seconds.

Although now that I think about it, there was also a monthly "premium" snapchat membership that wasn't all that premium...I think most people expect more than a few "premium" snaps per week. But again, it's not something I regret, but I also didn't tip for premium snapchat after that. Anyway... I can definitely understand why they would maybe be upset about things.

Sorry for ranting a bit.... But anyway, I think most members here prefer more of a connection with their models rather than looking at models as being the "best bang for their buck."

It's your money. Spend it on who you want on the time. You can't watch EVERYONE and it's okay if another model has more perks then others.

Sorry I'm trying to invalidated what you are feelings. I don't think you have anything really to feel guilty about because hindsight is only 20/20. Did you enjoy your time that model? If so, I say move on and keep enjoying yourself on MFC. But I think it might be a little harsh to compare one models rates inferior to others, because every model is free to charge or offer what she is comfortable with.

I've been somewhat fortunate where most the times I've regretted were more technical things like buying block shows and having connections issues. Very few times I've spent on a model where I in worst case couldn't get out before it was too late let's say. Sometimes I could feel frustrated investing time in a model that would flake out later or run into life problems that were clearly affecting performances but never really nitpicked about it.

I will say I've bought more than a few 'photo sets' from models that were not worth the disk space they took up but these things can't be helped.

It's your money. Spend it on who you want on the time. You can't watch EVERYONE and it's okay if another model has more perks then others.

Sorry I'm trying to invalidated what you are feelings. I don't think you have anything really to feel guilty about because hindsight is only 20/20. Did you enjoy your time that model? If so, I say move on and keep enjoying yourself on MFC. But I think it might be a little harsh to compare one models rates inferior to others, because every model is free to charge or offer what she is comfortable with.

Dammit, where's the "Agree" button when you really need it?! ;)

I agree with Audri. If you enjoyed your time with the model, then reflect positively on it. Don't look at it where you're comparing what models give, as each model sets her own price on things. Otherwise, you'll never be satisfied. Kind of like holding out on buying a new phone, laptop, or other technology item because you hear about another brand coming out with an even better model. Just pick one you like and go with it. It's up to you to determine if it's worth the price at the time. Evidently you did, as you spent it.

The only time I've really had tipper's remorse is when I've been in a TruePrivate with a model, and I've found out that she's streaming it on another site. Even though I've asked her to shut down any and all other streams/recordings she may be doing.

I can think of a few instances where i had some remorse. The biggest one that comes to mind is a tip show(similar to gold shows on streamate) on cams. The show has a buy in price, and I tipped just under double that amount, wasnt asking the model for anything special, and she still said "thats it? youre not going to tip any more" or something along those lines. Instant mood killer, I left and never went back.

Theres another model I current spend time with, that I'm not sure that the content quite lives up to the hype she gives it, BUT I am enjoying the time with her, and I'm pretty sure she is too, so still worth it in my book.

On CB I've paid for (checking...) 32 privates in the past two years. I regret only one in which the model just danced around in her clothes for ten minutes and ignored my tips. I think I've been very lucky since models aren't really obligated to do anything in privates.

Split your budget into 2...

a) Tokens to spend on "just because" on models you like. This should be spent freely in models rooms when they are live on cam. Don't look back.

b) Tokens to spend on smart purchases. This is the part of the budget where you think hard about which content is best priced and makes the most sense. Never spend this when the models are live.

I believe MFC has a storage option to help you manage your tokens.. keep your (b) budget in storage to avoid heat of the moment spending overtaking your budget.

Only when I look at the cred card statement when I pay it off every month . :speechless:

Kidding kidding. It's all for fun. :haha:

Anything I spend on cam sites is discretionary. Did I not get the interaction I was hoping for? Yep. Many times. Do I regret it? Nope. It's live and learn. Not every model is for me and I'm not for every model. And that's OK. Could I have maximized my expenditures better? Sure. I have better discretion now. Every interaction/transaction will help you figure out what you're looking for. Just don't get the the "No Ragrets" neck tat.

I will admit that I do wish that in some instances I could get more than the seemingly standard 9 second preview on a site like manyvids or how for some models for whatever reason there is no preview of the video on MFCshare. While, I can't say I've been disappointed with any particular video. There have been a few I held off on buying because I couldn't really get from the description and the preview if it was something I wanted to see. Most of the time though because I'm buying content from models I regularly enjoy I find my hesitation to be kind of silly. As when it comes down to it... it's about who is in the video more than the concept/construct etc.

Now, I can say that on OnlyFans I've paid a bit more for something extra that once I got it, I thought you know I probably could have put that money to something else. But, I let curiosity get the better of me. So, when that happens I tend to hold back from some of their other "locked" messages for awhile and kind of just see how things go.

But, really I justify most everything by well I was likely going to splurge that $XX on a whim anyway so no harm no foul right?

Status
Not open for further replies.