AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chaturbate agency scam PSA

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 5, 2024
Since late 2022 and all of 2023, American IG and OF models have been getting recruited to join chaturbate, promising them large sums of money and promotion by an agency. The agency then makes the girls cam for 5+ hours, has her bank info set to theirs, and takes 50–70% of her tip money for simply setting up the girls room, apps, bots, crazy ticket apps, etc., and modding her room by being signed into the models chaturbate, with no actual mod name being shown, but they are still able to ban or kick users because they are signed in to her cb. They are often quick to ban anyone calling this out as a scam in chat. The girls are also camming from their own bedrooms or homes! There is no actual studio. Why would Chaturbate allow this?

I am concerned this will become the norm on the site. One of the best perks of being a cam girl is the ability to become your own boss, and 98% of American girls on cb don't need an agency or need to share their tip money with scammers. I think the solution is not to allow American agencies on the site; it's been abused for over a year, and girls are being treated as slaves while an agency just sits back and pockets half or more of their money. It's also truly sad that this is how some girls are being introduced to cb as a platform; this isn't how it was meant to be.

I've reported this many times. If anyone knows cb admins or has connections, please talk to them about this. Most of the tippers don't even realize they are tipping an agency and not just the girl, although many have caught on by now. The girls are often gorgeous models from Instagram; they do not need promotion; the new tag does it for them. The agencies use of this as a tool to lie to the girl and act like they are getting the girl all of these views, when it's just the new tag, and the girl has no idea what the hell is going on because she's brand new to chaturbate. I hope cb gets rid of this soon enough! Support independent models, not scam agencies! I also need to mention most of the girls who fall for the scam are 18, 19, or in their early to mid 20's. I am hoping chaturbate is informed about this, we must protect cam models!

Reactions: Hello_Dave
...when did they start allowing multiple instances of a username in the same chat? I was going to say that they cant do that because it would boot the model out of the room but they seemed to have removed that feature and 2 people on the same account can visit the same room without issue.

I've reported this many times. If anyone knows cb admins or has connections, please talk to them about this.

Please stop wasting supports time, its still a studio, if they can some how get an american model to agree to work for half pay thats not chaturbates fault. I don't think CB can actually get involved in the details on percentages and still maintain independent contractor status, so for example I don't think they can say hey studios you must pay models at least 90% if they work from home.

Upvote 0
It's not a scam.

Many studios offer this feature of setting up the entire account, offering technical support during streams, chatting to users and moderating the room, uploading content, managing fan clubs and advertisements, and most of them even offer camming equipment for "rent" so the model can still work at home and doesn't need to use studio housing/rooms.

The fact is some women have no idea what they are doing and need the technical support from someone who does. To be honest it took me months to figure out all the apps, bots, etc. On chaturbate alone. I opened my account and tried to set it up alone but gave up many times before I had the time to actually sit down, go through ALL the bots and apps, figure out what is what, how things work and be able to finally set it up properly. I would, now looking back, totally pay someone to set it up for me. Now, I wouldn't join a studio because after set up I'd want to do all the work ( management, moderating, chatting) but if some girls do, and all they need to do is press "start broadcasting" without any extra work, and just do their show and that's it, for 30-50% of what they'd get from chaturbate directly.. so what? It's their choice!

So again, not a scam, and if you don't want to engage with studio models, whether they work from the studio or with the help of a studio from home, then just - MOVE ON.

Upvote 0
It's not a scam.

Many studios offer this feature of setting up the entire account, offering technical support during streams, chatting to users and moderating the room, uploading content, managing fan clubs and advertisements, and most of them even offer camming equipment for "rent" so the model can still work at home and doesn't need to use studio housing/rooms.

The fact is some women have no idea what they are doing and need the technical support from someone who does. To be honest it took me months to figure out all the apps, bots, etc. On chaturbate alone. I opened my account and tried to set it up alone but gave up many times before I had the time to actually sit down, go through ALL the bots and apps, figure out what is what, how things work and be able to finally set it up properly. I would, now looking back, totally pay someone to set it up for me. Now, I wouldn't join a studio because after set up I'd want to do all the work ( management, moderating, chatting) but if some girls do, and all they need to do is press "start broadcasting" without any extra work, and just do their show and that's it, for 30-50% of what they'd get from chaturbate directly.. so what? It's their choice!

So again, not a scam, and if you don't want to engage with studio models, whether they work from the studio or with the help of a studio from home, then just - MOVE ON.
The main issues I have are that there is no equipment being provided, and the girls are camming on their own personal laptops. No girl who has any experience camming would ever agree to share half or more of her earnings, so they target brand new, inexperienced girls in a predatory way. The fact that a tip menu and a goal app can be set up in less than 10 minutes and there is a cb starter guide on the website.. these girls don't know if they would be able to work independently or not because they've been recruited by an agency with intent to manipulate them into believing they couldn't succeed on their own and must rely on the agencies help, it sounds like grooming.. also it's been proven they are straight lying to these girls about "promotion" so the girl will be like "hey i have 5k viewers thanks to my agency" when in reality she'd have the same amount without them because she's streaming with the new model tag, and she looks like a model because they recruited her off Instagram.

There are some key things I left out that would make more sense as to why I am so against them. I will not drop names because I don't know if it's against the rules, and it also feels wrong to put model businesses out there. There were a few Tik Tok/IG influencers who apparently sparked this idea to start a cam girl agency due to the Andrew Tate case, where he ran a cam girl studio in Romania and got busted for it. They thought, "We should do this with American chicks and run it legally." This was confirmed by former agency models who escaped this agency and spilled the info. Long story short, they successfully ran this cb agency, had girls sign contracts, and made thousands off it for months, and then apparently the lead guy would invite several top models in the agency to fly out and shoot content. They all had the same story; he'd try to get them drunk and hook up with them, force them to sleep in his bedroom, and it made them extremely uncomfortable to the point where they didn't want to work. Eventually, they came together and exposed him, and he and his studio are now banned on CB. Sadly, he has friends running the studios now with the same exact methods, and he's likely still involved. Now we have a corrupt or banned studio still making profit, and new girls are in harms way. I've been trying to bring attention to it, but maybe I should stop caring if no one else does; just let these girls get scammed, especially if Chaturbate doesn't care.

here is one agency girl telling her story on the situation... she is now a successful independent model

Every time I check the new page these days, I see a new victim, and it's obviously the same ran studios. Knowing the details just makes me concerned, but like I said, if no one else cares, just let it be. RIP those new girls.

Upvote 0
The main issues I have are that there is no equipment being provided, and the girls are camming on their own personal laptops. No girl who has any experience camming would ever agree to share half or more of her earnings, so they target brand new, inexperienced girls in a predatory way. The fact that a tip menu and a goal app can be set up in less than 10 minutes and there is a cb starter guide on the website.. these girls don't know if they would be able to work independently or not because they've been recruited by an agency with intent to manipulate them into believing they couldn't succeed on their own and must rely on the agencies help, it sounds like grooming.. also it's been proven they are straight lying to these girls about "promotion" so the girl will be like "hey i have 5k viewers thanks to my agency" when in reality she'd have the same amount without them because she's streaming with the new model tag, and she looks like a model because they recruited her off Instagram.

There are some key things I left out that would make more sense as to why I am so against them. I will not drop names because I don't know if it's against the rules, and it also feels wrong to put model businesses out there. There were a few Tik Tok/IG influencers who apparently sparked this idea to start a cam girl agency due to the Andrew Tate case, where he ran a cam girl studio in Romania and got busted for it. They thought, "We should do this with American chicks and run it legally." This was confirmed by former agency models who escaped this agency and spilled the info. Long story short, they successfully ran this cb agency, had girls sign contracts, and made thousands off it for months, and then apparently the lead guy would invite several top models in the agency to fly out and shoot content. They all had the same story; he'd try to get them drunk and hook up with them, force them to sleep in his bedroom, and it made them extremely uncomfortable to the point where they didn't want to work. Eventually, they came together and exposed him, and he and his studio are now banned on CB. Sadly, he has friends running the studios now with the same exact methods, and he's likely still involved. Now we have a corrupt or banned studio still making profit, and new girls are in harms way. I've been trying to bring attention to it, but maybe I should stop caring if no one else does; just let these girls get scammed, especially if Chaturbate doesn't care.

here is one agency girl telling her story on the situation... she is now a successful independent model

Every time I check the new page these days, I see a new victim, and it's obviously the same ran studios. Knowing the details just makes me concerned, but like I said, if no one else cares, just let it be. RIP those new girls.

I have friends that I have helped getting out of studios that do this where they provide almost nothing for a way too high percentage.. but again, they are adults, they make their own decisions, sometimes it's a bad decision YES.. but can we really make the sites take action against these things? not really.. they are consenting adults when the site looks at everything, if their bosses assault them, they need to go to official agencies and get help, not something from the sites!!

there has already been a post about the studio you think about.. I just can't find it currently..

Upvote 0
How is it obvious it's the same studio?

They aren't very discreet in the ways they operate the room; the same exact bots and apps are being used; subjects are the same or similar, like saying "it's my first day" or "hiii," but I do have confirmation that the banned guy's friend is now running the studio, and he's just as awful with the same intentions. As far as this American girls studio thing goes, there are only a few, so it's quite easy to narrow it down for NOW. I see this catching on and becoming common. I bet there will be some studios that claim to be clean and "legit" and only take 20–30% and stick to the motto "we are the good guys." It's just sad we may be seeing way fewer independent models on CB if this becomes the trend, which I expect it will at this rate. There's nothing we can do unless the girls come out and report the studio again, like the past guy I mentioned. That is how he got banned. I may have left that part out. I'm glad to make people here aware, at least, of the potential future of chaturbate; expect a lot more of this. It's always been a thing with foreign studios, because they actually do what a studio is meant for. This American studio idea was sparked by a bunch of tik-tokers who see it as a "get rich" wanna be Andrew Tate scheme. They hired foreign moderators and paid them $10.00 an hour, so essentially the top people in the studio had to do nothing and still profit highly. I've attached another screen grab of the "dirty work" from one of the girls who reported him. I hope it makes sense why I hate these studios now 😂 and why I said this was a scam.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-07 075023.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-07 075023.png
    223.2 KB · Views: 29
Upvote 0
I have friends that I have helped getting out of studios that do this where they provide almost nothing for a way too high percentage.. but again, they are adults, they make their own decisions, sometimes it's a bad decision YES.. but can we really make the sites take action against these things? not really.. they are consenting adults when the site looks at everything, if their bosses assault them, they need to go to official agencies and get help, not something from the sites!!

there has already been a post about the studio you think about.. I just can't find it currently..
I'd like to see that thread

Upvote 0
There are some key things I left out that would make more sense as to why I am so against them. I will not drop names because I don't know if it's against the rules, and it also feels wrong to put model businesses out there. There were a few Tik Tok/IG influencers who apparently sparked this idea to start a cam girl agency due to the Andrew Tate case, where he ran a cam girl studio in Romania and got busted for it. They thought, "We should do this with American chicks and run it legally."
Shitty studios like this have been around for a long time like since early 2000's proberly even before that.
Just because it's a shitty studio dosnt make it a scam, from the video it seems they did what they said they would (set up the account, take 50% of the earnings and provide a moderator). So shitty studio, yep, sounds like it, scam? not so much.

They target new girls because they cant provide the same value to someone who has been in the industry multiple years, these people will know how to make accounts, know they dont need a moderator, know what tip menus work for them, they have made and learned from mistakes etc. With someone who is new (the idea at least) is that the help they give in setting up tip menus and providing a moderator is that you as the new model would now have access to someone who has a much higher level of experience in what you are doing than you do and as a result can help you avoid common mistakes. That's not to say that there arnt shitty studios that hire people with 0 experience and being the first model at those studios you are essentially paying them to learn since they arnt able to offer any useful input outside of just brain storming stuff with you.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
SP isn't a studio. She's a model who cons people into collabing with her. Big difference. Canbebought was also not a traditional studio and more of a um...cat house for lack of better phrasing.
mh yea okay :p I was more referring to canbebought as I saw it as a kind of studio, just because it's in a house it's still a studio to me, but I might be wrong :))

Upvote 0
mh yea okay :p I was more referring to canbebought as I saw it as a kind of studio, just because it's in a house it's still a studio to me, but I might be wrong :))
I think of it more like The Playboy Mansion instead of a studio. Everybody fucking everybody with Austin fancying himself the next Hugh Hefner. Though, I guess you'd have to see some of their show. I used to watch a lot and the creep factor could be seen a mile away so in that regard, yeah studio. 🤣

Upvote 0

I'm worried I have fallen into this with 2 guys who are taking 50%. I've only done it once but can you give me more info? I'm really worried!

Upvote 0
I'm worried I have fallen into this with 2 guys who are taking 50%. I've only done it once but can you give me more info? I'm really worried!
What are they providing in order to earn the 50% (if you are unsure, ask them)? if you dont feel like what they are providing is worth paying them 50% then I would recommend signing up as an independent model. Whether or not it's worth paying someone a % of your income is a very personal decision that is going to depend on your specific needs and what you get out of the arrangement.

Reactions: Natural9
Upvote 0
What are they providing in order to earn the 50% (if you are unsure, ask them)? if you dont feel like what they are providing is worth paying them 50% then I would recommend signing up as an independent model. Whether or not it's worth paying someone a % of your income is a very personal decision that is going to depend on your specific needs and what you get out of the arrangement.
they haven't even paid me yet and have lied about things that have happened. I feel used and when I brought this up they got very angry. I'm scared I won't get paid and I'm on the internet like that forever.

Upvote 0
I'm scared I won't get paid and I'm on the internet like that forever.
If they have lied or you think you arnt going to get paid then I would either look for another studio (google the studio names and you can often find reviews) or go independent if you can and dont find value in what the studios provide.

As for being on the internet like that forever, old content or content with low views gets replaced to make room for new content on the pirate sites so over time the recordings become harder and harder to find until they are no longer available (sometimes its a few months, sometimes its multiple years). The more you broadcast the more recordings there are so the longer it takes for everything to be forgotten about. The only real exception to that is if you do something that becomes a popular meme or gif since it keeps peoples interest for much longer.

If the idea of your content being online even long after you decide to leave the industry, it's probably best not to get started or to take things any further IMO.

Upvote 0
Update on these agencies.. it sounds even worse than i thought it was!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-02 013444.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-02 013444.png
    207.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot 2024-04-02 013536.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-02 013536.png
    165.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot 2024-04-02 013601.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-02 013601.png
    44.4 KB · Views: 17
Upvote 0
Update on these agencies.. it sounds even worse than i thought it was!
Whatever evidence you have (without a source/reference those screenshots could be anything), the models involved need to pass it all on to CB Support.
Just asking, your original post referenced 'American IG and OF models', latest update suggests they are Australian. Which is it?

Reactions: KingMarti
Upvote 0
Also screenshots from a random person talking on the internet isn't evidence.
Internet Arthur GIF

Putting aside that those messages read like poorly written fiction. Let's assume they are true. It still dosnt seem like a scam, it sounds like a shitty studio and some models that need to learn to read things before signing them and now they will have to learn that lesson the hard way. Anytime anyone one is given a contract they should always be reading it, and if they dont understand it take it to a lawyer and pay the couple hundred $ to have them look at it, or now you can just copy and paste it into chat gpt and ask questions based on the contract for further clarification.

Upvote 0
That's totally inappropriate to post screencaps with images and names. Suggest you delete them while you can still edit your post.
Having re-read the screenshots you posted earlier, I misunderstood the part about a model's photo ID details being shown on camera, which is why I mentioned them contacting support.
There doesn't seem to be any action for CB to take, as nobody working on there as a model is complaining. Just some bad business decisions by models signing contracts without understanding what they're giving up for the chance at the big time.
What's your involvement here OP?

Upvote 0
That's totally inappropriate to post screencaps with images and names. Suggest you delete them while you can still edit your post.
Having re-read the screenshots you posted earlier, I misunderstood the part about a model's photo ID details being shown on camera, which is why I mentioned them contacting support.
There doesn't seem to be any action for CB to take, as nobody working on there as a model is complaining. Just some bad business decisions by models signing contracts without understanding what they're giving up for the chance at the big time.
What's your involvement here OP?
They asked for proof, i replied with SS's of sketchy business on cb lol.. but obviously no one cares, someone nuke this thread.. CB is doomed. I think it's pretty odd how defensive some people got in this thread, defending agencies and being in denial about it being a scam... 50-80% of your money being taken from you, that's totally not a scam. We're done here... 😂a lot of these girls are 18 to their early 20s and have never done sex work before, you can't just say "well it's their fault, too bad" i thought I'd bring attention to it, so maybe some people can help them.. but they are screwed apparently. Yes these girls were foolish to fall into the trap, but this seems to becoming normal and accepted on the platform, and that could spread to other cam sites as well like MFC.. lets all just stay silent and let it happen, without trying to help i guess. Bet.

• Funny!
Reactions: Vixxen81
Upvote 0
They asked for proof, i replied with SS's of sketchy business on cb lol.. but obviously no one cares, someone nuke this thread.. CB is doomed. I think it's pretty odd how defensive some people got in this thread, defending agencies and being in denial about it being a scam... 50-80% of your money being taken from you, that's totally not a scam. We're done here... 😂a lot of these girls are 18 to their early 20s and have never done sex work before, you can't just say "well it's their fault, too bad" i thought I'd bring attention to it, so maybe some people can help them.. but they are screwed apparently. Yes these girls were foolish to fall into the trap, but this seems to becoming normal and accepted on the platform, and that could spread to other cam sites as well like MFC.. lets all just stay silent and let it happen, without trying to help i guess. Bet.
There's no proof that the studio is scamming models (which is what the original post was about), that the models are from the same studio or that anything that has been said is true in the screenshots so they are completely irrelevant. Botting the room with 1000's of grey members has 0 impact on anything.

If they sign a bad deal with a shit studio sure it sucks, but it's 100% their fault as all the details would be laid out in the contract, if they don't have contracts then they can just stop working with the studio.

ETA: Regarding exit terms, I would still have the contract looked at by a lawyer to make sure that it's even enforceable.

Upvote 0
Ok Captain SaveAHo. Well done. What's your next pet project?

Reactions: mika_kedi
Upvote 0
Im confused, is this forum about helping cam girls or just trolls?? When i find more dirt Ill post more here.. everyone just seemed annoyed at this thread.. i don't get it but ok...
Cause you're making shit up that isn't true.

Reactions: KingMarti
Upvote 0
Cause you're making shit up that isn't true.
Do the research yourself, figure out what is going on, report back, and prove why these girls aren't being scammed genius. Just because you couldn't be a successful cam girl on your own and needed a studio doesn't make this right. Unless you live in a hut and have no equipment, a cam girl studio is utterly useless. You can't seem to comprehend that. Make your own thread disproving my claims, I will wait. Also as a cam girl, referring to other cam girls as "ho's" is a bad look. Who even are you? 😂Girl pulled 30 viewers a stream with a studio robbing her, and now she's a cam girl expert, i am dead...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.