AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

cam score (actually about Skype show, not camscore)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 1, 2013
A few days ago I spent 6000 tokens on a girl and her cam score went up almost 300 points. At the end of the show I sent another 500 for a skype show but, she said she had to go and that we would do it another time. The last three days she's been on but, hasn't opened her cam. Each day her cam score went up 50 points. I mailed her and asked her about the skype show she owes me. She said she's only been on to check her mail. I was wondering why then, if she hasn't had her cam on, does her cam score keep going up? She's says she's been busy and hasn't had time for the skype show. Should I just let it go? I spent a lot on this girl, I feel like she kind of ripped me off.

Re: cam score

Her camscore has nothing to do with her owing you a Skype show.

What in the what?

oh I know. I'm just wondering if she's doing other skype shows, like a member tips her offline for a skype show.. and so she's just blowing me off?

or she could be getting offline tips just because?
or for panties?
or for videos?
or for a million other things...

Camscore will fluctuate whether or not she is on cam as it is averaged against all the other girls on the site, I believe.

Normally when you do a skype show with someone you set a time up before you tip. Did you do this, and then she rescheduled?

Im guessing she he feels like she is bs'ing him about being on cam since her cam score is going up but she says she hasn't been online but to check her mail.

IF that is the case, she could be receiving offline tips for vids or pics or any number of other things and if she has not been on cam then it would make a positive impact on her camscore because camscore for simplicity sake is based on tokens per hour online. So if she is not online but still getting tokens her camscore will rise.

As far as your skype, believe it or not cam girls do get busy, most have a life outside of MFC. I don't know how long ago you tipped for the show but give it a few days, maybe a week, if you havent heard from her send her a friendly reminder and don't maker her feel rushed or like she "owes" you. A lot of times once a girls starts feeling that way if makes her want to do the show even less. Be patient, if she has not banned/blocked/ignored you I would say she is busy and will make time for you when she can, especially if you just tipped before setting a time/date etc.

Miss_Lollipop said:
Normally when you do a skype show with someone you set a time up before you tip. Did you do this, and then she rescheduled?

I didn't set up a time. Her profile asks that you add a tipnote if you want a skype show.

FridaysFun said:
A few days ago I spent 6000 tokens on a girl and her cam score went up almost 300 points. At the end of the show I sent another 500 for a skype show but, she said she had to go and that we would do it another time. The last three days she's been on but, hasn't opened her cam. Each day her cam score went up 50 points. I mailed her and asked her about the skype show she owes me. She said she's only been on to check her mail. I was wondering why then, if she hasn't had her cam on, does her cam score keep going up? She's says she's been busy and hasn't had time for the skype show. Should I just let it go? I spent a lot on this girl, I feel like she kind of ripped me off.

The thing about Skype shows is that both the model and member have to agree on a convenient time to do it. If a guy tips x tokens because he ASSUMES the model will do it immediately after she logs off MFC, that's no good. Unless she actually said "We can do the show right after I log off MFC today," the two of you need to communicate with each other about a convenient time to do it.

One mistake I see some members make is assuming that a tip will get him _____ RIGHT NOW. Never assume. That video you tipped for...you might have to wait to get it later when the model is off cam. Or that Skype show you tipped for...she might have to get in touch with you about doing it tomorrow or the next day.

FridaysFun said:
Miss_Lollipop said:

I didn't set up a time. Her profile asks that you add a tipnote if you want a skype show.

I realize my first reply maybe made it sound as if she doesn't really want to do the show and that is not what I meant....just that feeling rushed doesn't make me want to turn the sexy up and I think most girls feel that way. I also don't think that in a few days if she had not made contact with you it would be inappropriate to send a message something along the lines of

Hey! I know your busy and I can't wait to see you back online....Im also drooling in anticipation our our skype show! Let me when a good time for you to do the show, I can't wait to have you all to myself. Im usually free in the evening after 6 so let me know whats works for you! Hope you have a great day.

Instead of:

Hey Bitch, you own me a skype show you scammer mcscammerson! give me my show naow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The first email will get my attention and make me want to do the show, the second one would make me not even want to talk to the guy again therefore putting the show off for even longer.

ElaySmith said:
Hey! I know your busy and I can't wait to see you back online....Im also drooling in anticipation our our skype show! Let me when a good time for you to do the show, I can't wait to have you all to myself. Im usually free in the evening after 6 so let me know whats works for you! Hope you have a great day.

Instead of:

Hey Bitch, you own me a skype show you scammer mcscammerson! give me my show naow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL! I would never take the bitch calling route. I might copy and paste the first one.. thank you Elay :) I'll fix your typos.. you do the same thing as me, miss words and double some :) Thanks for typing so fast!

Edited the title of the thread. I feel better now.

Carry on.

Thanks Amber. I made the title 'cam score' because I thought she might be blowing me off and doing other shows, skipping me. Maybe I should have worded it differently. Thank you all for answering, it's been helpful. I'll mail her in a nice way in a few minutes. We'll see how it goes and I'll come back and post the outcome.

camscore works on a 60 day average, if her camscore is going up and she hasn't been online it will be because a few bad days have dropped off the 60 days. Camscore can jump up and down daily even when you haven't been online.

As for skypes, as has been pointed out earlier, if she never agreed to do the skype show and you just threw tokens at her, as nice as throwing tokens is, you need to respect that it will he on her time schedule and not yours.

I have stopped doing skypes because of one regular tipping me several times for skypes when I'd decided I didn't want to do skypes and was very busy. I then got ill and had that time of the month so couldn't even cam, he was very frustrated and annoyed at me about it, which obviously didn't put me in the mood to do a show. I always felt like I owed him and felt really guilty.

If it's literally been like a few days as it seems like it has, have you not thought that this girl was about to have her scheduled days off? You need to respect that cam girls are allowed days off. I personally do NOT like someone suggesting I do a show on my assigned day off, because well, that wouldn't be a day off would it? It's unfair to expect someone to work on a day they have away from camming. I doubt she is secretly doing skypes behind your back, if that were the case then she would be doing your show for you.

If a girl is not doing a skype show immediately take these things into account:
- Did you arrange a date/time? If you didn't then there is nothing to say she has to do the show immediately or even in the next few days, personally I'd say if she hasn't done it in the month maybe ask her if she'd prefer to do a custom vid? Just try and arrange a time that suits you both.

- Is she taking her days off? I log onto mfc usually on my days off and check messages/my camscore and maybe chat to some old regulars of mine, but on those days I do NOT do any sexy stuff.

- Is she physically well? Sometimes camgirls like everyone else get ill. Masturbating/doing shows whilst ill are not fun.

- Is she particularly busy at the moment? She may have scheduled in certain hours to work and won't be able to fit anymore time in.

- Take into consideration that she is female and may not do shows for one week during the month.

- Take into consideration that someone else may have also tipped for a skype show, so she may be dealing with shows one by one when she has a free moment.

- Remember that skype shows are more effort than you think. You need to be physically ready, you need to prepare make up, hair, lighting, have your bed set up, things that take half an hour to an hour to do. Then there's always faff with people getting onto the skype and starting the show, there may be awkwardness if she doesn't want your sound/cam on. Once the show starts there's then the fact that after the show finishes pretty much always the viewer will try watching/chatting for longer. Most 10 minute skype shows that I've had bought I have been online for closer to an hour. I'm one of those people who finds it very hard to say goodbye and cut people off, so it can be difficult. So basically if she's not already ready to cam/has everything set up, you might be talking for your 500 tokens that she'll spend about 2 hours of her time on your skype. If she's already set up for cam and isn't exhausted from working then it is simpler as you just log on. But if you're exhausted and already ran over time, that's when it gets complicated.

Basically bear with the girl, don't be overly demanding about it and just chill. Most camgirls are not trying to scam you, but if you make things uncomfortable for her/push her then she's not going to want to go off site and have sexy time with you.
Many may disagree with me, but I do think it's the members fault if he blindy throws some tokens a girls way expecting something like a skype or a custom vid without asking/arranging it first. Even if it says on a girls profile that she does skype, it doesn't mean she's always up for it. Same that I do privates, but I do not always do privates. Usually I will inform members when I'm doing them, or will just do them when it's slow. Actually I do the same with skypes, usually if I don't want to come online but need to earn I'll offer skypes to regulars and will do them instantly.

Isabella_deL said:
camscore works on a 60 day average, if her camscore is going up and she hasn't been online it will be because a few bad days have dropped off the 60 days. Camscore can jump up and down daily even when you haven't been online.

Thank you for that answer, everything that you said. I think I'm not going to worry about cam scores anymore. I need to just have fun and not worry about if I'm getting ripped off or not. Privates are better anyway, at least I can go back to them.

FridaysFun said:
Isabella_deL said:

Thank you for that answer, everything that you said. I think I'm not going to worry about cam scores anymore. I need to just have fun and not worry about if I'm getting ripped off or not. Privates are better anyway, at least I can go back to them.

I think that's an awesome idea!! If mfc isn't fun, its not really 'entertainment' anymore is it?

If she had on her profile that you can tip 'x' for skype and include tipnote, then you should get a skype show. But because you didn't talk to her first and arrange the 'when' you may have to wait a bit. Try to schedule with her, so you both know when to expect it.

Its a pretty silly thing for a girl to do to intentionally 'rip off' a guy who tipped as much as you did in one go. We want you to come back! So its unlikely that that's what she's doing.

ComicOzzie said:
I believe that a model's camscore will rise if she refuses to do previously-agreed upon Skype shows.

But I could be wrong...

The tokens she received for it should increase her score. But I can't see how doing/not doing the show would have any bearing on it. Isn't camscore calculated mostly as a ratio of tokens earned compared to time spent broadcasting on MFC?

emptiedglass said:
ComicOzzie said:
I believe that a model's camscore will rise if she refuses to do previously-agreed upon Skype shows.

But I could be wrong...

The tokens she received for it should increase her score. But I can't see how doing/not doing the show would have any bearing on it. Isn't camscore calculated mostly as a ratio of tokens earned compared to time spent broadcasting on MFC?

I believe Ozzie was demonstrating sarcasm....

But I could be wrong...

Miss_Lollipop said:
Its a pretty silly thing for a girl to do to intentionally 'rip off' a guy who tipped as much as you did in one go. We want you to come back! So its unlikely that that's what she's doing.

I'm a regular, she's a tough little bitch but I love her, and she knows it.. she knows that I'll be back no matter what. which kinda sucks for me

FridaysFun said:
Miss_Lollipop said:

I'm a regular, she's a tough little bitch but I love her, and she knows it.. she knows that I'll be back no matter what. which kinda sucks for me

Wait I don't get it then... if you're a regular has she given you any reason to think that she would bail out of doing this skype? Surely you know her a little bit... What I don't really get is if you spent 6k tokens on her that night, why did you only tip 500 for a skype, and why so bothered about the 500 if you were going to give all your tokens to her anyway. I know it might seem on principle, but if you know the girl and had all those tokens to spend, I'm not saying "forget about having a skype" but why stress about it so much?

Isabella_deL said:
FridaysFun said:
Miss_Lollipop said:

Wait I don't get it then... if you're a regular has she given you any reason to think that she would bail out of doing this skype? Surely you know her a little bit... What I don't really get is if you spent 6k tokens on her that night, why did you only tip 500 for a skype, and why so bothered about the 500 if you were going to give all your tokens to her anyway. I know it might seem on principle, but if you know the girl and had all those tokens to spend, I'm not saying "forget about having a skype" but why stress about it so much?

I wish I had paid more attention to the little things instead of letting them slide with a model. I gave someone I thought of as a friend more and more slack, until she decided to make a noose out of it for me to hang myself with.

Shaun__ said:
I wish I had paid more attention to the little things instead of letting them slide with a model. I gave someone I thought of as a friend more and more slack, until she decided to make a noose out of it for me to hang myself with.

Charming... I'm not saying let things slide, I'm just saying if you're a regular of someones room and tip them that much, why be so paranoid about something like that? From what he said it sounds like he bought the show without arranging a time/date and she hasn't been working the last few days/nights. It doesn't sound like he's been waiting more than a couple of days. I wouldn't really say that's letting something slide, if he decided he didn't want to "let it slide" at this point, the conversation would probably make this model never want to do a skype with him again ever. I also don't understand the lack of trust in this situation if the person is a regular and tips a lot, a newbie coming to someones room first/second time and spending a bit too much might be concerned, but I can't see any of my regulars getting that weird about it after just a few days while I'm not working.

FridaysFun said:
Miss_Lollipop said:

Call me old fashioned but to me, "tough little bitch" belongs nowhere near "I love her," either in print or voice. Yeah, I kind of guess you mean it in a "cute" way but it still creeps me out.

Isabella_deL said:
Shaun__ said:

Charming... I'm not saying let things slide, I'm just saying if you're a regular of someones room and tip them that much, why be so paranoid about something like that? From what he said it sounds like he bought the show without arranging a time/date and she hasn't been working the last few days/nights. It doesn't sound like he's been waiting more than a couple of days. I wouldn't really say that's letting something slide, if he decided he didn't want to "let it slide" at this point, the conversation would probably make this model never want to do a skype with him again ever. I also don't understand the lack of trust in this situation if the person is a regular and tips a lot, a newbie coming to someones room first/second time and spending a bit too much might be concerned, but I can't see any of my regulars getting that weird about it after just a few days while I'm not working.

I was a regular who tipped a lot, and it did not help me any. Early in our relationship the first thing she ever did was skip a Skype appointment. Ignoring that, because I thought it was a honest mistake feels so stupid looking back. I am much more skittish about things like that now.

Isabella_deL said:
emptiedglass said:
ComicOzzie said:

But I could be wrong...

I believe Ozzie was demonstrating sarcasm....

But I could be wrong...

you could be... but you aren't. :handgestures-salute:

The_Brown_Fox said:
One mistake I see some members make is assuming that a tip will get him _____ RIGHT NOW. Never assume. That video you tipped for...you might have to wait to get it later when the model is off cam. Or that Skype show you tipped for...she might have to get in touch with you about doing it tomorrow or the next day.

So much this. Tips do not equal "immediate" and "do this now" unless explicitly mentioned. Does it mean she's lazy or ignoring you? No. Sometimes cam girls get overwhelmed with offline requests. Like someone else mentioned previously, unless you are banned or put on ignore I would simply assume she may be busy.

Why didn't a camgirl do a skype with me? Why is she taking days off?

-maybe she got busy with another job.
-maybe she had a home-emergency (like a leak or something), and is a big DIY fan so has been fixing her house.
-maybe there's been a family emergency.
-maybe there's been an emergency with a friend.
-maybe she's been having internet trouble.
-maybe she got red week, shark week, aunt flo... I think you get the picture.
-maybe she got sick, or in an accident.
-maybe she got swamped with cam-related things that have to be done off-camera (pic sets, vids, thank-you mails).
-maybe she took a vacation. Even gas station clerks get one week vacation time per year.
-maybe she has to cam on someone else's schedule, and they got sick so they've been home all week.
-maybe her computer/laptop broke.

Remember, even if her internet is down or computer is broke, she can access the internet from her phone, or from the library, or from fast-food places with free wi-fi, or from a friend's house/computer. And she might not want to share why she's off-cam, so unless she volunteers the information, it's best not to ask about it.

That's not to say she won't forget about it. She's only human. But cut her some slack. If you've asked about it, and she didn't get back to you, try asking again the next time you see her on camera. If she hasn't come on camera and you haven't brought it up in a week, then send another MFC mail saying, "hey, I hope you're okay. I'd like to arrange a time and day for my skype with you, if possible. I'm available during ____, let me know what's good for you. Thanks!"

Why will a camgirl's camscore change when she's not on camera?

-camscore takes into account the average of all the girls. As days go by, her camscore will fluctuate because the average other girls are making per hour is fluctuating.
-camscore takes only the past 60 calendar days into account. As days go by, her camscore will fluctuate as days fall off of the back of the 60 days.
-members can send offline tips. As days go by, her camscore can increase because of offline tips being given with no time spent on camera.

Why would a member send her offline tips? Is she giving them skype too?

There are lots of reasons to tip a model. (all of the following are reasons I've been tipped, or heard of other models being tipped offline)

-he wants to send her a present, just because.
-he saw a free video of her online and decided to send her a tip for appreciation.
-he saw her pictures on her twitter and decided to send a tip for appreciation.
-he's buying content or mailable items (videos and such).
-he's arranging a skype show for a month from now because he knows he'll be free then, but has the money now.
-he's actively trying to help her camscore, because he likes her.

So you see, there's no need to worry about it yet. After a week or two, maybe she forgot, and a gentle reminder is warranted. But we're only human. Things come up. Give us a few chances before you cry scammer.

^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.