AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Camming when you don't live alone?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zana

Inactive Cam Model
Sep 7, 2014
Hell
Twitter Username
@zanaashtyn
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/574985/Zana-Ashtyn/
Clips4Sale URL
https://clips4sale.com/studio/115882/zana-ashtyn
Do any of you have any tips? I unfortunately do not live alone, and unfortunately the people in my house do not work and are home often. So I'm trying to figure out ways to make a schedule and be able to cam.

Hey :) I'm glad you posted this actually I don't live alone either. Is it a houseshare you live in? I'm guessing it's not an option to be upfront about doing what you do for you to be making this post.

You could play loud music so they would hear your voice less? Or is not talking an option? Kickaz is a good example of a model who rarely speaks. It's a tricky one I hope someone on here has some great advice for you! I'm lucky in the respect that I only have the one housemate but it can be awkward at times
Xxx

I don't live alone either, and I'm super new to camming myself but I was thinking about telling them I'm doing a sort of call center/ phone based work from home kinda thing. I'm hoping that and some music will drown out my voice enough for them not to think too hard into what I'm actually saying. It's an option!

If you are any kind of loud like I am, there is no way you can hide what you are doing. All of my roommates know what I do and I have an extra room that is all mine dedicated to cam. Luckily I live with my best friends so it all works out.

I think it's best just to be upfront and honest about what you do since you live with them.

When I first started I told an excuse similar to the call center idea. It seemed to work when for about 6 months...until the the guy walked in without knocking. Just try explaining why you have a suction cup dildo on your desk in that scenario.

*Edit: As for the "loudness factor"; music is great also both blankets at the bottom of the door and things hanging on the walls will help. For a time I lived in an apartment with really thin walls and no matter what I did didn't help. Awkward neighbor complaints are always fun. >.<' I learned to bite down on something as I was having an orgasm as I was very loud.

Godiva420 said:
When I first started I told an excuse similar to the call center idea. It seemed to work when for about 6 months...until the the guy walked in without knocking. Just try explaining why you have a suction cup dildo on your desk in that scenario.

Maybe you like to dildo while you are on the phone? :lol:

Luxy Reid said:
Godiva420 said:

The worst part is that wasn't even the first time he walked in on me while I was on cam one summer. The first time no toys were involved, but I was only in lingerie. The guy is the super innocent type, and while shopping with my ex said "Man it's been really sweltering heat this summer even saw your girl working in her underwear the other day."XD

Godiva420 said:
Luxy Reid said:
Godiva420 said:

The worst part is that wasn't even the first time he walked in on me while I was on cam one summer. The first time no toys were involved, but I was only in lingerie. The guy is the super innocent type, and while shopping with my ex said "Man it's been really sweltering heat this summer even saw your girl working in her underwear the other day."XD

Hahha! What a naive guy. The thought of it is really cute lol

Luxy Reid said:
If you are any kind of loud like I am, there is no way you can hide what you are doing. All of my roommates know what I do and I have an extra room that is all mine dedicated to cam. Luckily I live with my best friends so it all works out.

I think it's best just to be upfront and honest about what you do since you live with them.

Well I live with family so I can't really tell them.

itsamour said:
But I'm also afraid that if I play music it'll be loud on cam. I plan on camming at night, so people will mostly be asleep.

Yeah, music can be both a good and a terrible idea sadly.

If people are asleep while you're camming, just play music at a low enough volume to not disturb your household, while still being audible on cam - it really doesn't have to be very loud. Play around with speaker placement if you can so that your broadcast comes across at a pleasant volume and your voice and music are at pleasant volumes in relation to each other.

I don't live alone but I'm working towards it. I don't feel obligated to tell the people I share space with what I do because it's really no more their business than it is mine what they do. As a courtesy I try to wrap things up by midnight at the latest, keep the music at a decent level, and not make what I'm doing affect their life when they are home. No one has ever complained or questioned me, but then again we aren't friends or family members. I guess it's just about balance and respect of the shared space.

itsamour said:
Luxy Reid said:

Well I live with family so I can't really tell them.
Do you have a friend that works? Maybe you can pay them to let you borrow their house while they're working?

Sooo, I've found that if I'm going to try to sneakily cam at night, it's really just camming stupidly early in the morning, like 1am or so. When everyone is dead asleep. (Unless, because I live with a bunch of nerds, people are sitting up playing video games all night).
All but one of my roommates leave the house for work. The roommate that works from home, knows what I do, and we work at opposite sides of the apartment. Only one roommate doesn't know what I do, which means I have to breakdown and hide all my camming stuff every time, it's a pain. Also it means if they stay home, I'm not working. Which is when I'd typically make silent to low volume clips or photosets.

It's a hassle to try to cam around other peoples schedules, it fucks with my ability to be consistent. I just try to cam when I can, for as long as I can. And if I can't stream live I try to be working in other ways, making and editing clips, being active on my social media accounts... etc.

Are you planning on moving soon? Sometimes I do silent shows and I almost always am purposely quiet when I cum. I think the guys like seeing me grab my sheets and bite my wrist when I cum because I don't have the outlet of screaming. I've had no complaints :) By silent shows I mean I still talk a bit so they can hear my voice because I think that is important but I also type quite a bit. Some people won't want to be in your room because of it but it certainly isn't going to stop you or keep you from being able to make money.

The people I live with think I do online customer service. I tell them it's for a high end clothing store because that's one thing they know nothing about and therefore won't ask and/or be able to tell I'm lying.

MelodyFaye said:
Are you planning on moving soon? Sometimes I do silent shows and I almost always am purposely quiet when I cum. I think the guys like seeing me grab my sheets and bite my wrist when I cum because I don't have the outlet of screaming. I've had no complaints :) By silent shows I mean I still talk a bit so they can hear my voice because I think that is important but I also type quite a bit. Some people won't want to be in your room because of it but it certainly isn't going to stop you or keep you from being able to make money.

The people I live with think I do online customer service. I tell them it's for a high end clothing store because that's one thing they know nothing about and therefore won't ask and/or be able to tell I'm lying.

I'm using camming to save money to be able to move out. I'm not a loud person when I cum, I'm quite the quiet type, but for the sake of cam I try to be louder.

I think the most annoying thing is the people I live with tend to get up a lot during the night, like going to the bathroom, which is of course right next to my room.

Reactions: Amelia Liddell
itsamour said:
MelodyFaye said:

I'm using camming to save money to be able to move out. I'm not a loud person when I cum, I'm quite the quiet type, but for the sake of cam I try to be louder.

I think the most annoying thing is the people I live with tend to get up a lot during the night, like going to the bathroom, which is of course right next to my room.

I sympathize with that so hard. My sister gets up 500 times a night to pee (OK, it's more like 3), and it is SO awkward to be mid-private and hear the bathroom light click on while I'm moaning "fuck this pussy, oh yeah". I sometimes wish I got fewer guys who like dirty talk because I have roomies, but they tend to be the ones who stay in private for a decent amount of time, and I cam from midnight till 3 am, so there's not much chance of someone overhearing.

Reactions: Zana
I cam twice a week from a friend's place. My house is not sound proof and I live in the ghetto in a house converted into bachelor apts with five 40-50+yr old dudes. Do not want them to know what I do.

That said. I am moving in January.

Things to do. Type instead of talk. Whisper into the mic infrequently or to thank tips.

Turn tip noise off. This is the most indicative and disrupting noise evar.

A lot of members have their sound off. Advertise yourself as a roleplay model?

I would try asking a friend if you could use there place while they are at work possibly. I did that for a friend. The rules were for her to shoot me 200 a month, and for me to not ask any questions about it. It worked out quite well besides the odd looks I started getting from neighbors lol.

KudosKids said:
I would try asking a friend if you could use there place while they are at work possibly. I did that for a friend. The rules were for her to shoot me 200 a month, and for me to not ask any questions about it. It worked out quite well besides the odd looks I started getting from neighbors lol.

I don't have any friends that live near me, plus they're college kids. Plus, I'm not even guaranteed to make that much money every month. It would seem like a waste of money and time.

I live with my parents so I cam when their little kids are at school but their nanny is always at home and my older sister doesn't have a consistent schedule, she could show up at any moment and we share room so imagine that! Do you have your own room? I got a ''keep out'' sign for my door and asked my sis to please leave me alone for 3 to 4 hours a day, my family also thinks I do some kind of call center thing, I try not to say obvious things (like dirty talk) that could give me away. We live in a small apartment so I play music too, not too loud tho. Watch Kickaz, she's excellent with body language, try to learn how to express yourself more with facial expressions or your body, it really works and some find it cute I think haha

Also I always have a robe or large t shirt close to me in case someone knocks on the door or something happens (I live in a quite ''seismic area'' so I don't wanna get caught in an earthquake and run in my underwear lol)

You could really use that ''being quite and sneaky'' in your favour ;) it's kind of naugthy

EDIT: sorry for my weird english, not my first language hehe

Also try to sell/offer content like clips, snapchat, photosets etc... so you still have the chance to make money when you can't get online

Status
Not open for further replies.