AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Camming with a disability

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 15, 2016
So I have a physical disability that often prevent me from doing a lot of physical stuff on cam like dance, being in some positions, moving too fast and on some days even standing up. I try not to bring any attention to it when declining requests but sometimes I obviously get negative reactions when I refuse to do something like stand and twirl for a tip. Any ideas on how to handle this?

So I have a physical disability that often prevent me from doing a lot of physical stuff on cam like dance, being in some positions, moving too fast and on some days even standing up. I try not to bring any attention to it when declining requests but sometimes I obviously get negative reactions when I refuse to do something like stand and twirl for a tip. Any ideas on how to handle this?

Easier said than done, especially coming from a member, but have you considered just being upfront and open about the nature and extent of your disability? It seems to me that for a physical performer to try to conceal it over the long term would be exhausting, both physically and mentally/emotionally. There will always be a few detractors and assholes whatever you do. Either ban them or let them move on. I suspect that the vast majority of members don't care, or would have an open mind. In that huge pool of members there are surely a lot of potential regulars. MFC models are already such a varied and diverse group that it seems like you could find your niche, with a little persistence and a reasonably thick skin..

I agree with Osmia. Just be up front and open. you will be surprised with how many genuinely nice guys are online. Of course there will be some rude ones but thats what the block button is for.

I think camming is a great alternative career path for women like you and I who have chronic physical pain. I have supported myself through camming for the past 5 years, through college and three kidney surgeries later I am still kicking (when I am able to). It can take a lot of strength and courage to get on cam some days but the great thing about it is that you can do whatever you want and are able to do and no one can push your limits.

I think camming is a great alternative career path for women like you and I who have chronic physical pain. I have supported myself through camming for the past 5 years, through college and three kidney surgeries later I am still kicking (when I am able to). It can take a lot of strength and courage to get on cam some days but the great thing about it is that you can do whatever you want and are able to do and no one can push your limits.

It's good to know there are other models with chronic health problems. My camscore is crap so I don't currently make enough to support myself but I like how this gives me freedom to work around things and be independent. I guess I'll be up front about it then, if someone has a problem I'll ignore them.

Be upfront, and probably you won't need to over time. This is a free market in a way most economists would never have imagined (sad for them) - want to talk to a model while she hula hoops - she's out there. Want a model who talks about 15th century paintings? There are models who do that too. How you run your room is only limited by your imagination, not what you think others might want.

Sure, some things are more popular than others, but lots of nude women in Romania wish they could make what an engaged conversational model makes with just her shoulders showing.

I'm a physically disabled model as well. I am not open about it on cam and have only told a handful of regulars.
If you are comfortable with it, be open about it and tell people why you can't, even put it in your profile! I would suggest putting something in your rules or on your tip menu like "please ask if I'm feeling up for it before tipping"

Personally I don't offer things like standing/dancing/twirling specifically on my tip menu. I have a pretty good system of people asking if I am willing to do something first then tipping for "request" or "small request" if I say yes. I have had many times when I've had to say "I'm sorry I can't" and generally people have been totally fine with it.

If people don't respect your rules in your room, they are jerks and you don't want them in there anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.