1. ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
    Dismiss Notice

Camming with anxiety and depression

Discussion in 'Ask-a-Model!' started by LowMaintenceSmokee, Oct 3, 2018.

1. LowMaintenceSmokee

this is probably a subject that has been explored but how difficult is it for any cam models to cam with anxiety and depression.
    I know it’s such a big issue to those who go through and honestly most people don’t seem to quite understand how crippling it can be. I know some cam girls who really want to try and cam but sometimes anxiety is just too much and prevents them to do that and simple day to day tasks. If there’s any tips that can help any other models out here or if you’re a regular maybe this thread can help understand what models with depression go through that’s if you don’t suffer from it yourself.

2. SaffronBurke

Cam Model

It sucks. As far as tips, eh, my advice isn't good, I just force myself to do it, because I've waited too long to make rent/bill money and now it's crunch time. Sometimes I self-bribe, if I work x hours or make $xx, I can order this delivery food or buy these items in my Amazon/Ulta cart. If I put on makeup when I wake up, I'm more likely to work because then I already have my face done, not working would be wasting makeup.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. Sweetie_Star

Depression was one of the main reasons I quit camming in the past. I have an off and on again history with MFC, depression the reason for many of the off times.
    Thankfully, my depression isn't ass aggressive these days so I can finally work in peace.
    Something that helped me though was really taking the time to enjoy your scheduled days off, so recharge some of the energy you lost while camming. I know those spoons don't grow on trees!
    More things you can consider doing:
    - give yourself a minimum time to be on cam, whatever you think it is that you can handle, whether is be 1-4 hours. If you accomplish your log on goal everyday, it might make you feel less anxious if you're doing something "right" or not.
    -Consider getting a part time job if your depression or anxiety is money related.
    -If your depression or anxiety is based on your looks, do your best to shut those voices up, because even though you may think you're the ugliest duckling, someone is gonna think you're cute. I know it means shit when you're depressed, but don't let your self esteem swallow you. Camming is competitive, even if you're not going for rank every month.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sillykitty

I have severe anxiety and depression, which is part of the reason that I cam in the first place. Having control over when I cam helps. Having control over my work environment is amazing, and I'm so grateful for camming, because I can really focus on my self care. If I'm having a bad week with depression or anxiety, I can be flexible and put in an hour here or there. For me, the biggest hurdle is getting on cam and logging in. Just like in any vanilla job I had, it's like that sitting in the parking lot before your shift, trying to psyche yourself up feeling.

What works for me currently is an upbeat poppy playlist that I only listen to while I'm on cam. It is a little longer than 2 hours. I start playing that as soon as I log on, and I'll assess how I feel when it plays all the way through. If I put in 2 hours, chances are I'll put in 2 more, since I'm already on. I usually only cam in 4 hour increments. If I'm in a good place mentally, I'll cam for more hours.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. MollyMidnight

Cam Model

I set small goals on bad days. Along the lines of: I'll shower and then if I still can't face it, I'll go back to bed, just got to shower first. And then when I'm online, it's half an hour at a time. If I make it to each half hour and I can keep going then great! If I make it to the end of that half hour and I want to curl up and cry, I allow myself to log off, curl up, and cry.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Lore_Shane

There's the saying "fake it till you make it" which just basically means that sometimes you may have a goal that seems very difficult or maybe even impossible to reach and that the best way to reach the goal sometimes is to act like you have already reached the goal even though you might not be anywhere close to reaching your goal. The idea is that if you put yourself in the mindset of having already achieved what you want to achieve then it actually helps you focus on your goal and keep you motivated to reach your goal. My advice is basically to fake being in a good and stable mindset and you might actually find that it will put you in a good and stable mindset. Go through your life doing and thinking in the same way that you would when you aren't depressed and soon you may actually find yourself feeling better.

Try also not to be too strict to yourself. If it is a really hard time get some rest. You might get into a loop of pushing yourself to work, not being able to do that and hating yourself for it, which becomes a habit hard to break.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Lillyana

It's hard sometimes when the room is slower, but what works for me is to set myself in a good mood before. Music, dancing, positive thoughts, or even watching cute animal videos helps me lol. Also setting smaller goals in bad days helps.

• Helpful Helpful x 1