AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Camming Without Screen Capping

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KristiRoxx

Inactive Cam Model
Aug 17, 2015
Twitter Username
@KristiRoxxCB
Chaturbate Username
Kristiroxx_x3
Wouldn't it be nice if there was a site that you could cam on that had some way to block people from screen capping what was going on in the chat?

That's one of the things I hate the most about camming, its not a question of if you're gonna get capped, its a question of when.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a place to go where you didn't have to worry if you were going to be on Google with a 11 inch dong up your hooha?

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Wouldn't it be nice if there was a site that you could cam on that had some way to block people from screen capping what was going on in the chat?

That's one of the things I hate the most about camming, its not a question of if you're gonna get capped, its a question of when.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a place to go where you didn't have to worry if you were going to be on Google with a 11 inch dong up your hooha?
What is screen capping?

I have no idea, but it happens.

Fundamentally the problem is that images of a "11 inch dong up your hooha" are transmitted digitally and stored on the viewers computers (and a few hundred other routers, servers,etc. on the way). Once they are expressed in a digital format that can be easily copied and there is virtually nothing you or anybody can do to prevent it. You are trying to fight the same battle, record companies, movie studios, and game studio have been waging against piracy for the last 40 years and basically losing badly. While I am sympathetic, the only way your wish would come true is if nobody watched your stream.

Be thankful that you don't live in a world where listening to a song cost $15 and watching a movie at home was closer to $50.

How are they even capable of taking pictures of live sessions?

Most computers have a "print screen" (or "prt scn") button. When pressed, it takes a picture of whatever is on your monitor at the moment. If you have Windows 7 or higher, you also have a "snipping tool", which can be used to capture a section of what shows on your monitor - I use this to take a picture of my feed to post to Twitter and Tumblr when I'm live, or to grab sections of the chat that are exceptionally wtf-worthy. It's very useful when someone says something that needs reported, because then I can send support an email with the evidence.

As far as I'm aware, there's no way for any camsite to possibly disable this, because it's a function of the user's actual computer, and not something that they're doing within the site.

If you unplug that webcam before you stick anything up your hooha, you should be ok.

I am sort of divided on the whole capping thing. On the one hand, you have the automated cappers who put entire shows up behind a paywall, and the guys who record and share privates/skypes. This is scummy if you ask me, and I wish there was a way to shut it down. But it would probably be impossible to do, and even if it was possible, our species has bigger problems that need addressing.

So that is how I feel about the distribution aspect of it. The recording part is a little different. I have a few Skype moments recorded that mean so much to me I honestly don't think I could put a token value on them. But I wouldn't share them. And even if I did, it wouldn't do anything but bore the hell out of anyone who watched it.
Someone takes a series of pictures of your live camming session and posts them on the internet.
How are they even capable of taking pictures of live sessions?
They capture video of the session @Guy. Then they go back with a program that pulls frames from the video at regular intervals.

My opinion is that it boils down to people being untrustworthy.
The implied trust between people in a business transaction ( which Skype or privates/groups really are).
The recognition that for the person you're watching, this is their job to be blunt about it.
Would you take advantage and try to profit from someone else's work for free?
If you answered "yes", you're a pathetic excuse for a human.

Oh. I completely agree with you guys that it's virtually impossible, I'm just saying it would be nice lol

You're right. When shitty people do shitty things, and there's nothing you can do to stop it, that sucks.

My opinion is that it boils down to people being untrustworthy.
Would you take advantage and try to profit from someone else's work for free?
If you answered "yes", you're a pathetic excuse for a human.
I would go even one step further. If you record skypes or whatnot, and the model (or the member) does not know about it, you are a first class shithead whether you profit from it or not. Just my opinion. But lest it sound like I am trying to stake out the moral high ground here, I will go ahead and confess that I have done it before. The fact that I felt guilty about it afterwards changes nothing.

Public shows, a little different. You can safely assume they are being recorded from start to finish. To think otherwise is delusional. So if you stuff your hooha in free chat, just count on somebody thinking "free" means "free-for-the-taking". Still scummy to try and make a buck off it though.

People are inherently untrustworthy.

in ye olde days there used to be scripts that could disable the print screen function or rightclick function when a particular webpage was running... surely this script should still work on camsites.. shouldn't it?
Wouldn't disable screen capture software.

in ye olde days there used to be scripts that could disable the print screen function or rightclick function when a particular webpage was running... surely this script should still work on camsites.. shouldn't it?
If there was a way to implement that thinking onto a cam site and make it to where the media playing was strictly kept on that site itself....that would be badass. I might dedicate my lives work to trying to make a site like that lol.

Wouldn't disable screen capture software.

No, but at that time, screencapturing software was still expensive.. Besides, I think it should be possible to disable such software to.. or make it such that the site won't load if it detects such software

No, but at that time, screencapturing software was still expensive.. Besides, I think it should be possible to disable such software to.. or make it such that the site won't load if it detects such software

Scarlet Raven occasionally posts pictures (from her twitter) on a site that will not show the picture if any screen shot program tries to capture it. Also won't allow right click, saves... all that jazz. I got curious the first time, took me 15 seconds to bypass it. The tech isn't there yet. Anything that can be displayed on my computer, i can get.

Use one of the many dmca solutions that are out for camgirls. They protect against capping. It is not fullproof as whatever you put online will always be there but it can help.

I might dedicate my lives work to trying to make a site like that lol.

If you can make this work you'll probably be a billionaire. Not just camgirls and camsites but movie studios, TV companies and loads of other industries that have been fighting against piracy would pay you a fuckton of money.

Reactions: JerryBoBerry
Besides, I think it should be possible to disable such software to.. or make it such that the site won't load if it detects such software

It's easier said than done - what you are suggesting would require access to system interfaces that browsers intentionally don't expose. The only way around that would be injecting a rootkit on the machine to do that (similar to how Sony injected rootkit on music CDs years ago to prevent piracy), but we all know how bad of a PR disaster it was for them (because the rootkit was a gigantic pile of garbage that crashed the computers of paying customers, while the pirates still got the music via other means).

To be brutally honest - it's wishful thinking to assume that it's doable - the movie industry keeps sinking money into research to prevent piracy, but in the almost 20 years I've been on the internet watching this unfold, they've failed every single time. Even when you have a dedicated device that is completely locked down (like gaming consoles), it doesn't work in the end - just look at how each console generation has had hacks or physical modifications to allow the usage of pirated content.

Scarlet Raven occasionally posts pictures (from her twitter) on a site that will not show the picture if any screen shot program tries to capture it. Also won't allow right click, saves... all that jazz. I got curious the first time, took me 15 seconds to bypass it. The tech isn't there yet. Anything that can be displayed on my computer, i can get.
True. I've been able to bypass the protection on sites like that for years. Doesn't even normally require additional software, beyond what the OS comes with.

To be brutally honest - it's wishful thinking to assume that it's doable - the movie industry keeps sinking money into research to prevent piracy, but in the almost 20 years I've been on the internet watching this unfold, they've failed every single time. Even when you have a dedicated device that is completely locked down (like gaming consoles), it doesn't work in the end - just look at how each console generation has had hacks or physical modifications to allow the usage of pirated content.

Not just that, suppose you ever get a website to work so it doesn't display on recording software. Suppose you close every single doorway that can be used to bypass it.

You'll still get people capping using hardware, either by using a TV as their monitor and hooking up a recording device to it or simply by pointing a camera at the screen and pressing play.

Status
Not open for further replies.