AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Can a cam girl have a sponsor?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LineahRose

Deactivated Account
Inactive Cam Model
Apr 13, 2014
United States
chaturbate.com
I'm fairly new to camming (4 months in on CB, 6 months on MFC). I was thinking about trying to find a sponsor. I'm not looking for financial sponsorship or money at all, just having the "name" behind me. Is this common, new, normal? Any opinions. I've never really heard of it, but I see it as a possiblity.

Like... a promoter? Or more of a sugar daddy arrangement? What do you mean by sponsor?

So if you mean a big promoter, obviously there's a lot out there. I know some camgirls with a lot of followers will promote other girls. What kind of "name" do you want backing you? I think some adult toy websites will help in that respect, but I just don't know what you mean for them to do for you.

(I'm not being very eloquent because I'm un-caffeinated. My bad.)

I was thinking more along the lines of nascar, Like they let you use their name to help promote you. So say if mcdonalds decides to sponsor me (just an example lol) they would help promote me, and i'd be able to say "mcdonalds is behind me backing me up" sort of like that...

So, like big companies? Something that's smut-friendly?

The only issue I'd see with that is the fact you're still pretty new. Generally, sponsors want to put their name behind somebody established/who already has a bit of a name. (I'm talking more about Nascar or Olympics or what-have-you.) I haven't seen a lot of big brands really back a camgirl, but if they were to, I'd expect they'd want to promote somebody already really successful/distinct/etc.

Maybe try some of the adult toy companies on Twitter? Or an adult convention site? Those are the only two I can think of.

I'm thinking like an individual person, whether it's someone who is on twitter who has a pretty good following, or someone who's "youtube famous". I guess I just want more exposure without having to pay to advertise so to say. I am doing really great on CB and I have a ton of regulars as well as new customers but I still only have about 5k followers on chaturbate and i'm looking to "move up the cam girl career ladder" if that makes sense. Lately i've been averaging anywhere from 20-40$ an hour (which is more than enough to make me happy) and i'm just trying to find an efficient way to gain exposure. Thats about it.

I'd think your best bet would be to interact with more promoters on Twitter, then. :) They can direct more traffic to your room and get your name out there.

Sorry, the word "sponsor" tripped me up.

Edit: I also wasn't trying to imply you weren't successful, so hopefully you didn't read it that way. But when I think "successful, established model," I think of Amber, Aella, AedanRayne, and Veronica Chaos. Girls who do well on cam, have been in the business for quite a while, and are also very good at getting noticed for what they do. :-D

I'd be very surprised if an organisation the size of NASCAR would throw their weight behind a new camgirl, yo :)

But really, I'm not sure it would really help you any. Members probably won't be any more likely to tip you just because you have a vague working arrangement with a company they may or may not recognise. If anything, it could negatively impact you. A McDs sponsored camgirl might alienate vegetarians/vegans for example.

Reactions: AngelicTease
Hahaha the vegan/vegetarian one just made me appreciate the fact that miley cyrus and justin beiber aren't my sponsors. I understand the point completely, I am already pretty active on twitter and I always tag promoters who RT for me and everything, it has helped a lot. I'm at the point where i'm sure i'll be successful but i'm not sure whether or not I should fork out money to advertise online or not. I'm looking at other options right now, which brought up the current question.

TokenGesture said:
What about :)

Apparently Hitachi is actually really in denial about what everyone uses their massager for. I can't remember where I read it though!

I've looked into this, didnt go as big as NASCAR though, I did have contact with a small local beverage company who were into the idea. They would supply my drinks for camming. but nothing more, overall it was too much hassle, too little pay-off. I do have a sponsor for my modelling gigs, but they weren't big on the camming business (cant blame them) so nothing to get there either.

You don't really need to pay to advertise when you can advertise yourself for free right there on your Twitter. The more you interact with people (camgirls, promoters, fans, etc.) the more people will see you and will possibly check you out.

TokenGesture said:
What about :)

Even Hitachi doesn't promote Hitachi anymore. At least, not their amazing vibrators. It's like their dirty little (but super successful) secret. :(

I know it's way out of my league, but if anyone knows laci green on youtube, she talks about sex and a bunch of other junk...I would love for someone like her to share my username on her videos and basically i'd do the same for her, and what not. I can't really describe it, but I highly doubt she'd even read my messages let alone help me. Lol

If you want a bigger crowd. My suggestion would be to connect with one of the top models and ask her to do a show with you for compensation. I've seen alot of models become popular over night, because they did a show with a top model.

Camgirls don't quite get enough traffic to deal with big sponsors like the YouTube celebrities.
I think she means more in the terms of her promoting a companies brand to her fans.
The other thing is that there is no way to measure your traffic in camming. You can't know how many daily viewers you get exactly.
The other thing is that YouTube is more mainstream than camming and unfortunately there is a stigma to camming that really limits the number of businesses that want to be associated with it. On top of that the target market is mostly men so that limits it even more.

On the other hand the money you would get from small sponsors might not even be worth it to you. They would also need your real name and bank account to pay you.

I was approached by a company once for this to market their product. They asked me to wear their tshirt that had their logo and talk to my fans about their services. My main concern was the address since I don't have a Po box to ship the tshirt. It's risky with new companies and the more established companies find other venues to market.

Closest thing I think of is a site like http://www.freeones.com They will send models their apparel and link to your website or chat room, if you take pictures in it and let them use the photos for promoting you on their site.

Or you can start a topic on their forum for yourself to try to gain traffic that way. That usually requires sharing photos or videos too though, and doing a fan sign for them to verify you are the model you claim to be. Otherwise every model would just be spamming their forum. They definitely filter out MFC BAF links, but I don't know about profile page links from cam sites.

Kickaz said:
The other thing is that there is no way to measure your traffic in camming. You can't know how many daily viewers you get exactly.
I guess something she could do would be taking her average room count from her MyCamgirl profile. But then you'd have the question of whether or not a company would believe in MyCamgirl as a reliable source (of course we know it is). And the point you bring up of camming still having a stigma attached to it is really important of course. If anything, very small companies in the adult industry might be open to a cooperation like that with a relatively unknown model.
I really don't think a very lucrative sponsoring could happen for models that aren't big names with a large following, experience and tons of traffic (I'm thinking AspenRae, NikiSkyler, Jalyn). Keep in mind that the company will have to get some good exposure out of the cooperation, otherwise it won't be worth it in their eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.