AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Can a model and a member really be friends?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can say on this subject is that no matter what the member thinks, sorry if you models disagree, the model is on MFC, or whatever site it may be, for one thing...money.

Through personal experience I have found this to be the case. Case in point, the only reason I joined MFC was because a met a specific model, on another cam site, and we really hit it off, or so I thought and I would spend countless hours in her room every night because she said she wanted me to be there. I was told by her on many occasions that I was different and that I was much more than a client, she told me many things about her personal life, whether it be the truth or not is yet to be determined, and would ask me questions about if I was telling other models the same things I told her and generally acting as if I was actually more than a client.

I never asked her for any personal information, other than asked that she set up an amazon wish list so I could give her something that she would actually get, as opposed to 35% of her tips/private tokens(She works for a studio).

This all transpired over a 1.5 month period (from mid May until the end of June) Fast forward to the current, the other day I didn't go to her room until about 1 hour prior to her leaving and only stayed for about 10 minutes, only to receive a PM saying "All day I wanted you to come see me, but you didn't, I really miss you and when you did you leave after 10 minutes. When I feel bad you are not here. Thanks". So the following day I went to her room as soon as she came online and told her that "This is why on 3 separate occasions I had given you my phone #, email and facebook page, so that if you ever wanted to talk outside MFC you could and if you really want to be my friend then you could have called/emailed whatever". I was told that "You know I don't have much time at home". So I left it at that. Then on another day I logged in and chose not to go to her room, again only to receive a PM saying "You come online and don't even speak to me, this is a real shame the way you are being". She would seemingly get very jealous of other models PMing me or if I were to allow them to view my cam, making me believe that I really meant something to her. I could go on and on about how this friendship was even more than a friendship, but I think you get the jist of it.

So now here we are a few thousand dollars later I realize that basically everything I was told by her was pure manipulation to get the most out of me and to say I am mad are her wouldn't be the truth, as she is just doing her job, I am mad at myself for allowing myself to be manipulated.

I can only say that I stand behind my original statement that cam sites are a business and should be treated as such, if you were to visit a prostitute I sincerely doubt that you would have intention to become friends with her, so why should this be any different?

just my :twocents-02cents:

Reactions: Ranger2408
motorman420 said:
if you were to visit a prostitute I sincerely doubt that you would have intention to become friends with her, so why should this be any different?

I think guys who visit prostitutes are looking to get sucked and fucked. Some guys on MFC are looking to bust a nut (not all of them), and some guys on MFC are looking to chat live with lovely ladies (and possibly bust a nut too?). :)

The_Brown_Fox said:
motorman420 said:
if you were to visit a prostitute I sincerely doubt that you would have intention to become friends with her, so why should this be any different?

I think guys who visit prostitutes are looking to get sucked and fucked. Some guys on MFC are looking to bust a nut (not all of them), and some guys on MFC are looking to chat live with lovely ladies (and possibly bust a nut too?). :)

Cams are as much as sexual experience as they are a social one. If they weren't all cam girls (and some girls do this) would sit there, staring blankly at the cam waiting for someone to pay for a request. Instead, most of us try to conversate and entertain before and after shows.

The_Brown_Fox said:
and some guys on MFC are looking to chat live with lovely ladies (and possibly bust a nut too?). :)

The "bust a nut"-thing is long gone...it's all about chatting :p ! And thanks for your reply...

The_Brown_Fox said:
motorman420 said:

you missed the point of my analogy, what i was saying is that in 99.99% of the cases the model is totally unattached to the member and will say or do what it takes to get more tokens, eg. it is just a business transaction, nothing more and members shouldn't disillusion themselves into thinking it is.

Just from what was posted it seems to me she gave you exactly what you wanted. She gave you attention and made you feel good WITHOUT telling you she was going to marry you or that she was in love with you... just that she wanted you in her chat room.
It's not my style but it's not a bad one either IMO. Like Foxxy said some members come to MFC to bust a nut, though most come to chat and socialize with women... and sometimes yellow sponges. :lol:
So I guess this could apply to both fellers up there ^^^
It's the ones that are "in love" and want to "marry" a member that twist my nipples. That's true manipulation right there!

They aren't all tricks and manipulation tactics, sometimes you guys are seriously just reading into it too much instead of just treating it like it is. Just because she wants your money doesn't mean she doesn't like you or enjoy your company, and that doesn't mean she wants to meet you and be BFF's! It can honestly mean like any business that she is quite fond of her regular at her place of business and enjoys when he "shops" there.

I just felt like this thread had so much, 'she's either your friend and therefor you don't tip or she's a liar who doesn't really like you and only wants your money'
I genuinely like all of my regular fellers. They are all buddy buddy with each other too. They make my time online awesome and fun but they also pay for my show. I ban people I don't like even if they tip me.

JoleneJolene said:
I just felt like this thread had so much, 'she's either your friend and therefor you don't tip or she's a liar who doesn't really like you and only wants your money'
I genuinely like all of my regular fellers. They are all buddy buddy with each other too. They make my time online awesome and fun but they also pay for my show. I ban people I don't like even if they tip me.
:text-yeahthat: :text-givemebeer:

AmberCutie said:
JoleneJolene said:
:text-yeahthat: :text-givemebeer:
I got a half rack of PBR in the bottle with your name on it. ;)

motorman420 said:
you missed the point of my analogy, what i was saying is that in 99.99% of the cases the model is totally unattached to the member and will say or do what it takes to get more tokens, eg. it is just a business transaction, nothing more and members shouldn't disillusion themselves into thinking it is.

No, I didn't miss your point where you were comparing cam models to prostitutes...lol.

And it's kind of strange to hear you say that you think 99.99% of the time, it's just a business transaction. You can have a "business transaction" on MFC that goes smoothly and leads to both people becoming online friends (friends on MFC/Twitter/e-mail). That is definitely a little more than "just a business transaction." Just because they won't be hanging out face-to-face in person doesn't mean they can't call each other friends.

And just because YOU feel that a model "manipulated" you doesn't mean anything. I and many other models will tell you that we all have some guys on MFC who make us smile upon entering our rooms...whether they have tokens or not. We're not all a bunch of money-hungry ladies with no emotions...lol.

Reactions: Nordling
JoleneJolene said:
Just from what was posted it seems to me she gave you exactly what you wanted. She gave you attention and made you feel good WITHOUT telling you she was going to marry you or that she was in love with you... just that she wanted you in her chat room.
It's not my style but it's not a bad one either IMO. Like Foxxy said some members come to MFC to bust a nut, though most come to chat and socialize with women... and sometimes yellow sponges. :lol:
So I guess this could apply to both fellers up there ^^^
It's the ones that are "in love" and want to "marry" a member that twist my nipples. That's true manipulation right there!

They aren't all tricks and manipulation tactics, sometimes you guys are seriously just reading into it too much instead of just treating it like it is. Just because she wants your money doesn't mean she doesn't like you or enjoy your company, and that doesn't mean she wants to meet you and be BFF's! It can honestly mean like any business that she is quite fond of her regular at her place of business and enjoys when he "shops" there.

^THIS^

I'm really surprised that it takes 9 pages to convince some people on here that many of us models do care about our chatters...lol. I tell guys all the time that they don't have to have tokens in order to visit my room. Good conversation is important too. And if it really was JUST about the money, then many of us wouldn't bother with making blog posts and posts on Twitter talking about what we did today and what we had to eat, etc.

And as far as telling guys what they wanna hear, I may do that in a ROLE PLAY private session, sure. But I sure as hell am not gonna pretend that I'm in love with you, or that I wanna meet up with you when you're in my area...lol. I had to ban this one guy who is on MFC looking for a wife, because he just wouldn't shut up about it. He posted his number in public chat and kept annoying me with his marriage crap.

Reactions: Nordling
Ranger2408 said:
The "bust a nut"-thing is long gone...it's all about chatting :p ! And thanks for your reply...

I enjoy having a good chat in my room. :thumbleft:

FrankieChemical said:
Cams are as much as sexual experience as they are a social one. If they weren't all cam girls (and some girls do this) would sit there, staring blankly at the cam waiting for someone to pay for a request. Instead, most of us try to conversate and entertain before and after shows.

Exactly, which is why sometimes I'll even thank the non-tippers who chatted with me. I'm like "Thank you to those of you who hung out and chatted with me," because there are so many members who won't speak even when you greet them by name first.

I am confused now, I always thought this thread was about being just friends. Did it turn into a sexual relationship thread, or has it always been one and I was just to stupid to notice? For the record I have model friends who help when I am depressed, and I help them when they are depressed. We laugh together, and cry together. That is what makes us friends in my mind. None of them have discussed marriage with me.

What?! NONE of them have discussed marriage?!?

I thought thats what the tokens were for, once you get to 1000 tokens and unlock the gallery its legally binding :whistle:

sweetiebatman said:
What?! NONE of them have discussed marriage?!?

I thought thats what the tokens were for, once you get to 1000 tokens and unlock the gallery its legally binding :whistle:

I did have a model from the Philippines ask me to marry her once, but I had to block her to get her to stop PMing me. She had a pretty smile, but she was always trying to make me feel sorry for her in order to guilt me into tipping her. Sad that some models are like that.

Reactions: 1 person
The_Brown_Fox said:
motorman420 said:

And just because YOU feel that a model "manipulated" you doesn't mean anything. I and many other models will tell you that we all have some guys on MFC who make us smile upon entering our rooms...whether they have tokens or not. We're not all a bunch of money-hungry ladies with no emotions...lol.

I always wonder why some people seem to think their singular experience represents a universal truth. :?

Friendship is always conditional, offline and on. People who continue supporting friends when it's revealed that the "friends" are not who they assumed, are living in a sad fantasy. Of course when you mix lust and business it still doesn't eliminate the possibility of friendship; it just sets up a unique set of conditions. As soon as one steps over that conditional line, they're setting themself up for a fail.

I have a Korean grocery store I've gone to for many years. I've become good friends of "the family." When my car was in the shop, and I walked to the store, often they'd drive me and my bags home. Once when I was sick and they didn't see me for over a week, they called me at home with genuine concern for my well-being. I can say I love these wonderful people. But even so, there are conditions. I don't expect to become part of their family or hang out with them when the store is closed, although, lol, the father once invited me to a wine tasting he was going to--I went and had a great time.

It's no different with cam models. Consider the job and IT'S restrictions, and you may understand the conditions of friendship. Always remember, that every cam model has dozens of people who want to get "closer." It's just not possible for any human to give all to everyone, so friendship may be limited and conditional but it's still no less genuine.

Nordling said:
Friendship is always conditional, offline and on. People who continue supporting friends when it's revealed that the "friends" are not who they assumed, are living in a sad fantasy. Of course when you mix lust and business it still doesn't eliminate the possibility of friendship; it just sets up a unique set of conditions. As soon as one steps over that conditional line, they're setting themself up for a fail.

I have a Korean grocery store I've gone to for many years. I've become good friends of "the family." When my car was in the shop, and I walked to the store, often they'd drive me and my bags home. Once when I was sick and they didn't see me for over a week, they called me at home with genuine concern for my well-being. I can say I love these wonderful people. But even so, there are conditions. I don't expect to become part of their family or hang out with them when the store is closed, although, lol, the father once invited me to a wine tasting he was going to--I went and had a great time.

It's no different with cam models. Consider the job and IT'S restrictions, and you may understand the conditions of friendship. Always remember, that every cam model has dozens of people who want to get "closer." It's just not possible for any human to give all to everyone, so friendship may be limited and conditional but it's still no less genuine.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Nordling said:

:text-yeahthat:

The_Brown_Fox said:
Ranger2408 said:

I guess one distinction might be, would you go out of your way to have that chat when you're not "on stage" and no tips will be happening during any of it? Like when a friend you know in everyday life calls you up and wants to shoot the shit, would you do the same (safety risk out of this equation) for "friends" from your cam room?

And I don't mean "you" as in you Fox, just the general "you" as in any model.

The one thing I personally feel is that the word "friend" is used very liberally these days. I think a lot of times a person is an acquaintance, someone you've gotten to know somewhat and like but don't necessarily have the kind of closeness and trust which friendship needs. If I call a person "friend", I trust them. With the safety factor related to meeting a member, reaching that level of trust can't be easy to do.

motorman420 said:
The_Brown_Fox said:
motorman420 said:

Unless you have developed a relationship with 10,000 models, you are really pulling that 99.99% number out of your ass.

Littlegringo said:
The_Brown_Fox said:
Ranger2408 said:

I guess one distinction might be, would you go out of your way to have that chat when you're not "on stage" and no tips will be happening during any of it? Like when a friend you know in everyday life calls you up and wants to shoot the shit, would you do the same (safety risk out of this equation) for "friends" from your cam room?

The one thing I personally feel is that the word "friend" is used very liberally these days. I think a lot of times a person is an acquaintance, someone you've gotten to know somewhat and like but don't necessarily have the kind of closeness and trust which friendship needs. If I call a person "friend", I trust them. With the safety factor related to meeting a member, reaching that level of trust can't be easy to do.

I would go a bit out of my way to get into a chat (via gmail, twitter or MFC mail/PM) with one of my favorite MFC people if they really needed to talk. Yesterday one of my sweetest fellas tweeted me and it seemed he was having a bad day. So I changed my plans in order to be around and chat with him (and others as it turned out).

Does that mean anything?

AmberCutie said:
Littlegringo said:
The_Brown_Fox said:
Ranger2408 said:

I would go a bit out of my way to get into a chat (via gmail, twitter or MFC mail/PM) with one of my favorite MFC people if they really needed to talk. Yesterday one of my sweetest fellas tweeted me and it seemed he was having a bad day. So I changed my plans in order to be around and chat with him (and others as it turned out).

Does that mean anything?

It means you are going to marry him, duh!

Littlegringo said:

Yes, I have, actually. Many times.

I'm confused why anyone would believe models and members couldn't be friends. When people with like interests hang out for large periods of time the chances are some will develop friendships with each other. I'm not saying it happens all the time and I'm not saying no one ever has ulterior motives, but this isn't like other sex industry jobs where your contact is limited to a hourly rate or the duration of a lap dance. Really it's more than a sex industry it's more of a social industry.

In a way sometimes models are selling friendship but the rub in that is more than likely somewhere along the way some models (not all) will cross the line and actually become friends with the person that happens to like a lot of the same things she does. Cam models aren't robots that can turn off there friendship switch when they log in. Now how you define friendship with it being "online" friends or "offline" friends or "real" friends, that's a different matter all together, and since it's obvious not everyone defines it the same, no one can answer that question in the same way.

I guess to me, it's more of what people's view of "friend" is. In the age of facebook, anyone you met and said I'll message you on facebook, is a "friend" , but I wouldn't call everyone on my facebook list an actual friend.

Friend And Acquaintance
by: Author Unknown, Source Unknown
There is a difference between being an acquaintance and being a friend. An acquaintance is someone whose name you know, who you see every now and then, who you probably have something in common with and who you feel comfortable around.

It's a person that you can invite to your home and share things with. But they are people who you don't share your life with, whose actions sometimes you don't understand because you don't know enough about them.

On the other hand, a friend is someone you love. Not that you are "in love" with them, but you care about them and you think about them when they are not there. The people you are reminded of when you see something they might like, and you know this because you know them so well. They are the people whose pictures you have and whose faces are in your head regardless.

Friends are the people you feel safe around because you know they care about you. They call just to see how you are doing, because a friend doesn't need an excuse. They tell you the truth, the first time, and you do the same. You know that if you have a problem, they are there to listen.

I don't put the label of friend on someone lightly, though a lot of people do. I know a lot of acquaintances, on and offline, but only a few I'd honestly call "friend".

My take on the subject is yes. Not MFC but another site, I was looking for a friend (member) and went in one of the models rooms and saw her face. I was hooked on her. We talked for a couple hours a day in a private room. This went on for a couple weeks. In those couple weeks I went in her main room maybe twice. Each time getting in argument over people being rude to her. I told her I apologize for starting shit and I would never go in there again. Intern I was unable to see her, so I never seen her nude, but her chest once while I was in the main room.

This all started about 4 months ago. We still talk every day for at least 2 hours. But now cam 2 cam on Skype. I have not seen her topless but for that one time. She has also stopped camming and deleted her account. She is now employed in a 9 to 5 job.

Next month we are meeting for the first time in person. And we are very much both looking forward to do it. We would have done it sooner but we live on the otherside of the planet from one another. We plan to see if things are as good as we are together online in person. I own a home in the country we are meeting in and if things go as we hope, we are staying there.

I do want to say to members out there though be careful what you wish for, i'm in no wait saying I regret become friends with a model, but sometimes it gets hard to hear the stuff that goes on. When you learn how some of the guys treat some cam models and hear the actual affects of it you might not be to happy sharing a chat room with them. Sometimes it's like going to a bar and hanging out with people, but knowing half of them eventually will treat her like shit but you really can't do anything about it. After hearing some of the stuff guys have done I will never understand how models put up with it.

If you do want to become friends with models though I do have some tips:

1. Never ask for free stuff if you do you will never be real friends with her, she might still be nice to you because you tip in her room, but she will always look at you just as a customer after this. If she wants to give you free stuff she will.

2. Never ask personal information. Mostly it just makes you look stalkerish and why does it matter if you know her real name. If she wants you to know she will tell you.

3. If she at some point gives you her phone number or email don't bug the shit out of her on her days off. She gave it to you because she trusts you to not be a douche with it. If you text once about something just wait she'll get back to you. If she doesn't, ask when you see her online.

4. Don't try to police her room, sometimes she might vent about what other regulars to you, some of it might suck to know. She just wants someone to talk to not someone to fight her battles. If she is good at what she does she knows how to handle her room.

5. If she is paying attention to other guys in her room don't get all mopey. Hey your friends she is working have some self esteem and realize that this is how she makes money.

6. Don't change you tip habits because "now we are friends I don't have to tip". No when you are online with her she is working, tip just like you would if you were just a member in her room.

7. Don't try to buy friendship, if you guys click you will click. Note to all members if you are tipping hundreds of dollars she is going to like having you around, but it doesn't mean you bought her friendship.

8. Most importantly don't ask to come meet her outside of MFC, if she is interested in something like that she will probably bring it up. Don't get all butthurt if she never brings it up. Look at it in her shoes. There are a ton of creepy guys on MFC it takes a ton of trust for a model to meet someone outside of it's confines.

... as a personal anecdote, I think I made the rookie mistake of no. 4 on the list. -sigh-

Do you guys think it's worthwhile, if the friendship on MFC brings rough times as well as the good?

Status
Not open for further replies.