AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Can a Model see your multiple accounts on CB?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't realize I struck such a nerve. It was a joke...

Sure it was. That’s what guys will often say the moment they say something foolish, and they get called out on it. “I was just joking.”

Again…tacky as hell.

Didn't realize I struck such a nerve. It was a joke...
lame excuse. It's so easy to be a dick then be like "oh i was just joking"
The joke was not funny, and was still a shitty thing to post. We were all aware you're poking vixxen to get a reaction and then note you get to be like "ooh i struck a nerve you're so sensitive"

Apologize, and leave someone alone when they ban you.

If you are her mod, why not discuss it with her?

Sorry, maybe I am naive, but I would expect there would be some sort of friendship / association / familiarity between a model and her mods, which should enable open, mature and adult communication.
She claimed CB told her I had many other accounts. And when I tried to get more info for her she wouldn't say anything more. So I came her because this community has always been helpful.

Usually we have good communication. But sometimes she spirals and shuts me out.

Apologies if I wasted everyone's time.

She claimed CB told her I had many other accounts. And when I tried to get more info for her she wouldn't say anything more. So I came her because this community has always been helpful.

CB will never give that info out to anyone else but the account owner

Fair enough. Of course, you do you, but I would not put up with that behaviour in a real life friend, much less an online one.

You haven't wasted anyone's time, this is just a discussion group after all. Unfortunately we really aren't saving the planet one orgasm at a time. ;)

Reactions: Jay_Storm
Just to wrap this up, turns out CB notifies models that users have other "high tipping" accounts (not sure official language since this was translated from Spanish). On her birthday last month I tipped from two of my three accounts and suddenly the other one showed up as a "high tipper."

Not sure the purpose of this since it does not identify the account and the model cannot really do anything with this info.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Ozzie_
On her birthday last month I tipped from two of my three accounts and suddenly the other one showed up as a "high tipper."

What do you mean by the other one “showed up” as a high tipper? The username appeared on her user list in the room, along with the other two usernames? Or she got some kind of notification that there was a third (apparently unidentified) account related to two that had tipped her that day?

I’m a little confused. It seems odd that they’d randomly tell a model “hey, there’s another good tipping account related to these two but we can’t tell you what it’s called.” I don’t see the benefit to either side.

What do you mean by the other one “showed up” as a high tipper? The username appeared on her user list in the room, along with the other two usernames? Or she got some kind of notification that there was a third (apparently unidentified) account related to two that had tipped her that day?

I’m a little confused. It seems odd that they’d randomly tell a model “hey, there’s another good tipping account related to these two but we can’t tell you what it’s called.” I don’t see the benefit to either side.
Apparently, yesterday when I arrived in my regular account, CB notified her that I had another account that was a high tipper. All I can figure is it was from my large birthday tip a couple of weeks ago from my secondary account.

And I agree, it makes no sense. There is nothing she can do with that info.

And it seems like a breach of privacy for CB to disclose that info.

That being said, this is all based upon what she told me and how Google translated it.

I do not believe her. I would ask for proof of this notification. Chaturbate notifies us when we receive offline tips, they notify us when they are running contests or have updated a feature. It's through the little Bell Icon next to the chat bubble next to the user name on our accounts. There is zero reason to indicate a user has multiple accounts except for in the ban feature. I still don't understand her reasoning for any of this to begin with but then again maybe I'm not supposed to understand. :)

I'd show you a screen shot but it has a ton of user names in the image and I don't have the time to edit it to show you what I'm talking about. That said I'm almost tempted to directly email support at Chaturbate because this is bothering the heck out of me, or maybe you should email Chaturbate and pose the same scenario and see what they say to you about it. I most likely would get a generic answer but you might get something more detailed.

Curiosity killed this cat, I emailed them any way.

Apparently, yesterday when I arrived in my regular account, CB notified her that I had another account that was a high tipper.
And it seems like a breach of privacy for CB to disclose that info.
Yeah, I am going to call bullshit. She is fishing. Maybe there is a vast conspiracy that all the CB models have managed to keep secret, but I am sure CB does not share that kind of information with broadcasters.

Yeah, I am going to call bullshit. She is fishing. Maybe there is a vast conspiracy that all the CB models have managed to keep secret, but I am sure CB does not share that kind of information with broadcasters.

Here’s one of the things that rings false to me. In order for CB to have a system in place to notify models that a tipper in their room has another tipping account, some CB developer would have had to spend time coding that up. And before they coded it up, they’d have successfully justified the need for it (above all the other truly needed site enhancements they haven’t made yet).

Who would have coded such a notification system that serves no purpose to the model, the member or the site? Put yourself in CB’s shoes. Nobody’s spending time building that out. It doesn’t move their needle at all, it potentially pisses off customers and does not help the models either (even if you knew they had tokens on a different account, what could you really do about it?).

This seems like a model trying to find things out, telling fibs in the process that do not pass the logic test.

Reactions: Vixxen81
We'll have an official answer soon enough and if that's the kind of lies she's telling customers I would seriously consider reporting her for falsely accusing CB of invading your privacy.

IDK, but for some time there has been rumours of a better system to help highlight potentially fraudulent token usage, including multiple tipping accounts under the same user.
If so, I hope this isn't it.
Identifying fraudulent token usage should be the responsibility of site admins.
If the site just passes on details to models and expects them to act on this info as *suspicious*, it goes full-circle by having to then notify admin again..... not to mention putting all the onus for reporting it on the model.

Last edited:
IDK, but for some time there has been rumours of a better system to help highlight potentially fraudulent token usage, including multiple tipping accounts under the same user.
If so, I hope this isn't it.
Identifying fraudulent token usage should be the responsibility of site admins.
If the site just passes on details to models and expects them to act on this info as *suspicious*, it goes full-circle by having to then notify admin again..... not to mention putting all the onus for reporting it on the model.
Fradulent tokens are such a non-issue that only people engaging in fraud complain about it.

Models get drawn into it though and tokens can be frozen from payout

Yup, several years ago I had received a 1,000 token chargeback on MyFreeCams that was flagged as “credit card fraud.” I’d given that member a private show, and I believe some videos and/or photos. That was $50 I’d worked hard to earn, and then had to find out that I wouldn’t even get to see any of that money.

CB Response.png

So, they kind of answered the question, but I was expecting that to a degree. It still reads the same to me, though. That in no way would anyone share your information at any time for any reason unless it was you yourself asking or a disciplinary action on Chaturbate's part and it was for internal review.

For what is is worth, I spoke to some of her regulars and she didn't say anything similar to them regarding other accounts.

But this is just kind of a reiteration of their Privacy Policy.

Thanks for asking.

I cannot figure why she would lie. I feel as though someone else fed her the info, not CB, to discredit me as her mod. But she says CB notified her.

Thanks for everything.

For what is is worth, I spoke to some of her regulars and she didn't say anything similar to them regarding other accounts.

But this is just kind of a reiteration of their Privacy Policy.

Thanks for asking.

I cannot figure why she would lie. I feel as though someone else fed her the info, not CB, to discredit me as her mod. But she says CB notified her.

Thanks for everything.
Wherever she got the notion, it wasn't from Chaturbate employees. How a user would be able to connect your accounts from casually viewing your interactions is also suspect. I guess in any event, this is where the bread crumb trail ends. I personally wouldn't trust someone who tried to manipulate me with that kind of information, regardless of their intentions.

I have a question for a CB model regarding associated account bans. Is there something that tells you if someone you previously banned made a new account and that maybe previously associated with one you had banned?

So I had never had any problems with anyone on chaturbate after using it for many years until recently. I noticed a generally creepy person in guy's rooms and started calling them out. I regret doing it now haha but it was annoying and I couldn't help myself. They come into rooms posing as different people at the same time. That individual was obviously upset with me. They have since begun targeting me as soon as they see me in the same room. Accusing me of recording, uploading and general nonsense. I am in the process of a name change to hopefully end that. These false accusations occurred and I was banned from a newer guy's room. While I am waiting on CB to change my name I made another account. Same email address, completely different name, birthday, state, etc.. The guy that banned me happened to be online. I went to his room. It was fine for like 15 min before I was suddenly banned under that account as well. I hadn't said or done anything in that room. I am not sure if it was coincidence or not but it happend right after I purchased tokens for that account. Just to note: I don't really care about that guy specifically, it's fine if he wants to ban me lol, I will be okay.

I am more so curious how he would have known? Is there a notification that goes off saying I might be associated? Maybe it occurred right after I attached my credit card to that account? Or can performers see something else? IP address/city like is visible to me in the security center?

Anyway thank you for any help. I look forward to any answers. : )

It was fine for like 15 min before I was suddenly banned under that account as well. I hadn't said or done anything in that room. I am not sure if it was coincidence or not but it happend right after I purchased tokens for that account.
Maybe the model just banned you for lurking, if you'd been in the room for 15 mins without chatting or tipping.

Reactions: Vixxen81
Maybe the model just banned you for lurking, if you'd been in the room for 15 mins without chatting or tipping.
It was an active room with around 100 other users with a diverse mix of grays, blues, and purples. Otherwise I might agree. I appreciate the reply.

Bans are not retroactive on CB. If that were the case no one could have 12 accounts to ban in the first place, does that make sense?

The only info we have is what you put on your profile and if you have more or less tokens than we currently have. It is strictly forbidden to build apps that would reveal any identifying information such as IP address or anything like it.

Thank you Vixxen81. Based on what I have read on here I figured if anyone could help it would be you! Yeah, I just wasn't sure if anything alerted him that maybe it was an associated account. Unless I'm mistaken, based on earlier posts on this thread it appears that performers can only find out about associated names/accounts after they ban or silence right? Referring to your photo on post 13. Which leaves me baffled as to how he would have known. Very interesting.

Kind of a separate question from my original but does that page tell you all the names of the associated users that it banned or just the number?

Thank you again!

Status
Not open for further replies.