AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Can I sell my CONTENT from my cam show recordings?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 2, 2018
I wanted to know if I have the right to sell my recorded cam shows on a fans site. For example I get the recorded videos from my Chaturbate shows, edit enhance them and sell them on onlyfans or fansly?

You can only sell content you appear in yourself, and have model release forms from any and all others who appear in the content. You cannot resell items you purchase or were gifted by creators. That breaks all the rules of every site, and is clearly stated everywhere. As well as this, it's not legal.

Thanks @Wuggie I think with a question like that we naturally assume it's a model asking. Shocking that a viewer would ask such a thing, since it's clearly posted everywhere as being very wrong/ bad/ illegal/ against TOS.

You can only sell content you appear in yourself, and have model release forms from any and all others who appear in the content. You cannot resell items you purchase or were gifted by creators. That breaks all the rules of every site, and is clearly stated everywhere. As well as this, it's not legal.

Thanks @Wuggie I think with a question like that we naturally assume it's a model asking. Shocking that a viewer would ask such a thing, since it's clearly posted everywhere as being very wrong/ bad/ illegal/ against TOS.
I didn't even think to read the other posts before answering. I'll echo for effect.

I think this officially broke my brain.

I didn't even think to read the other posts before answering. I'll echo for effect.

I think this officially broke my brain.
Same. Good catch on Wuggies part. I would never have checked.

I wanted to know if I have the right to sell my recorded cam shows on a fans site. For example I get the recorded videos from my Chaturbate shows, edit enhance them and sell them on onlyfans or fansly?

"I wanted to know if I as a user / visitor of a cam site have the right to sell my recorded cam break the law and any decent moral code by selling shows I have paid models to receive but have no claim to ownership of on a fans site. For example I get the recorded videos from models' my Chaturbate shows, edit enhance them and sell them on onlyfans or fansly?"

There, I fixed your question for you.

cyanide and happiness humping GIF
Hi I'm Jae. Pervert Nerdvert. I've turned my vice into a hobby by way of data analysis through scraped and crawled statistics sites for models. As well as a membership to CB insights which has some great information I encourage everybody to spend that $10 a month. My background is in media design/ digital marketing and moderate amount of data analysis. This hobby is quickly becoming a possible and proposed business venture to help individuals and Studios best use this data to boost user acquisition, retention and of course monetary conversion. Nerd nerd nerd.
Since you are not the owner of the content, no you may not sell it on a fan site. Nor may you share it anywhere. Recordings you receive are for personal and private use only, and the copyright belongs to the performer you purchased the show from.

Some of you misunderstand me. I am not so imbecilic to think that it would be OK to take a models hard work as my own and sell it to make gains on someone else's effort. Please erase that notion from existence. As a matter of fact, I have verbally lashed and scourged others for this very same behavior and a hypocrite I am not.

I have been asked by a model to help her develop content for her undeveloped onlyfans and fansly account. I would be doing this pro bono as we have become very good friends over the past six years of my loyalty to her and her generosity towards me.

So I guess my question is: does the model (or any third-party she has commissioned) have rights to take recordings that she made from her show and post them to fan sites. Or does the cam site in this case CB have some legal right or claim to these videos permitting the monetization thru other content selling platforms so so so.

• Funny!
Reactions: MarieElise
Whoops. Sorry. Pretty sure she has all rights to do whatever she wants with them.

@Wuggie whoopsie daisys we got it wrong. I blame you 😆 (totally joking).

Last edited:
"I wanted to know if I as a user / visitor of a cam site have the right to sell my recorded cam break the law and any decent moral code by selling shows I have paid models to receive but have no claim to ownership of on a fans site. For example I get the recorded videos from models' my Chaturbate shows, edit enhance them and sell them on onlyfans or fansly?"

There, I fixed your question for you.
no... you did not. You misinterpreted my question and perhaps I am at fault and I was not explicit enough. Refer to my latest reply for clarity

Reactions: AussieCosplay
Oh, it's the poop guy. Right. Disengage.
lol!!! nice ;) Everybody poops. I know this because I read it in a book once. I had to go back and look at my post to know what the hell you were talking about...Little bit overkill on the moniker but I chuckled all the same

Anyways I clarified my post... please read my latest update... I hope it provides both clarity and redemption.

your friend, 💩🕺🏽

Whoops. Sorry. Pretty sure she has all rights to do whatever she wants with them.

@Wuggie whoopsie daisys we got it wrong. I blame you 😆 (totally joking).
hahah that is totally okay! honestly if you ever feel like you need to point blame at someone and don't know who, you are always welcome to just send me a message here blaming me for something, I think I can take it :p I did misunderstand this whole post looking back, couldn't guess it was for a friend xD

but yes, as mentioned before in the post, ofc a model has all rights to the content they already made, I have actually seen an increase in videos being for sale that are previous privates lately :)

no... you did not. You misinterpreted my question and perhaps I am at fault and I was not explicit enough. Refer to my latest reply for clarity
Oops . . . OK thanks for the clarification that we all needed. 👍

As has been said by others who know more than I do, as far as the streaming platform(s) she streams on goes, her content is almost certainly hers to do with pretty much as she sees fit. (As long as no other perormers appear then I believe there would need to be release forms etc for the clip sites)

However I would think that if she is a studio model, then it may be very different depending on what agreement she has with the studio regarding such content.

Reactions: AussieCosplay
Sorry for the double post.

In our defense, however, I do thnk we drew a logical conclusion when the subject of this thread is "Can I sell MY content from MY cam show recordings" when posted by a user 🤷‍♂️ ;)

But feel free to blame me for anything at all if @Wuggie is not available.
I also can "take it" as I tend to get blamed for anything from bad typing**, to a broken fingernail, to lights going out, to black lung disease and rickets in my friend's room :rofl:

** bad typing I own, mine is atrocious but I don't believe it is contagious as some have claimed
:)

You misinterpreted my question and perhaps I am at fault and I was not explicit enough. Refer to my latest reply for clarity
Yes thanks for clarifying, it was as stated here:
I do thnk we drew a logical conclusion when the subject of this thread is "Can I sell MY content from MY cam show recordings" when posted by a user 🤷‍♂️ ;)
The wording made all the difference.

read the tos from the site the content is recording from. depending on the site, they will not let you sell content elsewhere other than their own when the show was recorded from the site. if tos is unclear, give support a message asking for clarification.

everysite has different rules or none at all when it comes to recorded content from their UI. i've been told with streamate i cannot resell content from recorded shows through the browser UI, but shows recorded with OBS is okay. i'm not sure how accurate that is now since i was told this information like six years ago from their support.

read the tos from the site the content is recording from. depending on the site, they will not let you sell content elsewhere other than their own when the show was recorded from the site. if tos is unclear, give support a message asking for clarification.

everysite has different rules or none at all when it comes to recorded content from their UI. i've been told with streamate i cannot resell content from recorded shows through the browser UI, but shows recorded with OBS is okay. i'm not sure how accurate that is now since i was told this information like six years ago from their support.
Ive made this my official first stop when I have questions about anything cam related. The vast experience/knowledge-base, the diversity of topics, product reviews, Best practices, 'boots-on-the-ground' advice and many times a good laugh. I've been applauded here and I've been humbled here. Thus i am here.

Normally, I would jargon-sift through the TOS or send a "support@" email but when I do that all I get is the answer to my question.

Status
Not open for further replies.