AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

CB Private disconnecting - straight to public

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 4, 2020
Australia
During a private show last night, it was subject to a few disconnects without any warning signs (like audio/video freezing); guessed this was due to network congestion, certainly neither of us ended the show.
Each time the disconnection happened, the private show went straight to public stream without the model going to 'away' mode.
The first time it happened, the only way I knew we weren't still private was because I saw the notification "Broadcaster has returned from away mode" in the chat window, and noticed there were 35+ users in the room......
I hit the private request link again and when the model realised what happened too, she was very unhappy about going straight back to public, which I can understand.
Also she had been watching my cam with audio on, so all the other users heard our audio conversation, which was unexpected and potentially embarrassing.
CB's articles on show types states this:
A private show ends either when the broadcaster or purchasing community member clicks “End Private Show.” After a private show, you automatically go into “Away” mode which gives you time to prepare for going live again.

Since the room did NOT automatically go into "Away" mode, is this because neither the model nor I ended the show?
Anyone else had this happen with an unintentional disconnect?

Last edited:
  • Wat?!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
During a private show last night, it was subject to a few disconnects without any warning signs (like audio/video freezing); guessed this was due to network congestion, certainly neither of us ended the show.
Each time the disconnection happened, the private show went straight to public stream without the model going to 'away' mode.
The first time it happened, the only way I knew we weren't still private was because I saw the notification "Broadcaster has returned from away mode" in the chat window, and noticed there were 35+ users in the room......
I hit the private request link again and when the model realised what happened, she asked me how long we had been back in public....... she was very unhappy about that, which I can understand.
And she had been watching my cam with audio on, so all the other users heard our audio conversation too, which was unexpected and potentially embarrassing.
A private show ends either when the broadcaster or purchasing community member clicks “End Private Show.” After a private show, you automatically go into “Away” mode which gives you time to prepare for going live again.

Since the room did NOT automatically go into "Away" mode, is this because neither the model nor I ended the show?
this kind of thing could REALLY get to me, hopefuly its just a one off. Thank goodness its never happend to me, just reading you post scares me phew! I've not done private in a long time and I ain't gonna anytime soon, was the private recorded?

was the private recorded?
I just checked, there's multiple recordings with the same date in "My Collection" so it looks like it did.
But that's not something I'm concerned with, I just didn't like the sudden return to public, and others seeing/hearing before we realised.
FWIW there was nothing against site ToS involved, but it was the sudden lack of privacy that was the issue.
This model has disabled spy mode too btw.

FWIW there was nothing against site ToS involved, but it was the sudden lack of privacy that was the issue.
absolutley, not relevant to your post but CB with their high traffic does seem to have more glitches with their privates? generally I prefer/use CB more than Stripchat but for privates I prefer Stripchat, just feels a little more solid.

Reactions: rockin_rod
I am not on Chaturbate but have had the same thing happen on Stripchat. It was with a model with a notoriously bad internet connection so I assumed that is why the PVT kept breaking up but we were also put into the main room like you describe

I hit the private request link again and when the model realised what happened too, she was very unhappy about going straight back to public, which I can understand.
Also she had been watching my cam with audio on, so all the other users heard our audio conversation, which was unexpected and potentially embarrassing.

I had the exact same problem last night on CB.

I bought a private show with a model and it kept disconnecting without either one of us ending the show. It took six disconnects/new show requests to get through the entire planned show, it disconnected that often. One time, it disconnected after just 4 minutes.

Very frustrating for both me and the model (who handled it like a total pro, by the way, having to repeatedly stop and start the action as well as the private session itself).

I ended up with six mini-privates that each ended awkwardly in the middle of an activity. The video recordings of all six parts are there, thankfully.

Per Rod’s point about the private going public as soon as it disconnected, that happened to us the first time it disconnected, but I think the other five (!) times it properly went to “Model is away” mode.

• Helpful!
Grrr I have two privates lined up for today and now I'm scared to take them. FML

If it's a known problem how would you want the model to handle it? "Sorry not tonihht," or "we can try but no promises,"?

Last edited:
Grrr I have two privates lined up for today and now I'm scared to take them. FML

If it's a known problem how would you want the model to handle it? "Sorry not tonihht," or "we can try but no promises,"?

That’s probably the best you can do, honestly. It’s out of your hands, other than to let members know you’ve heard it might happen.

In my case, it was a pre-planned private show with a significant lump sum paid at the start of the show (all but the per-minute charge). So neither me or the model wanted to completely give up on it, hence the five restarts.

If it had been a spur of the moment purchase, I probably would have said to hell with it after the second try and told the model I’d try again another night.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Vixxen81
Thanks for all the replies. I've had disconnects before on CB, but they have always resulted in going to 'Away' and that allows both involved to regroup and go again with another private request.
This is the first time I've had a private show switch straight to public stream, and that was the problem for me - shouldn't do that.
Interesting that @Smoothie also had that experience around the same time.......
As a user, I'd always prefer to try getting through a show even if it does have tech issues, not everyone feels that way but hopefully regs will be cool and understand that it's not something a model can control.
Guess I'll just stay vigilant for that "Broadcaster has returned from Away mode" notifier in future.
And hope your shows went OK without issue @Vixxen81

• Hugs
Reactions: Vixxen81
I can’t believe I typed all this yesterday, but didn’t post it. Lol. Oops.

This is not cool. Did you report this to support?

As a model that would REALLY upset me too.

Rod, I’d like to know too if you’d reported it to support. And if not, is it because you’re worried that CB might refund you the tokens and take them from the model (Would they do that)? I think both you and the model should e-mail support about this issue, as well as others in this thread who’ve experienced this. Sometimes when a model tries to tell a cam site’s support people about an issue, they are quick to try to blame it on the model’s internet connection before admitting that it could be a site issue. Lol. I feel like when they get e-mails from several people (models and members) having the same issue, they’ll be more likely to take it seriously and maybe - just maybe - even do some site maintenance?

Rod, I’d like to know too if you’d reported it to support. And if not, is it because you’re worried that CB might refund you the tokens and take them from the model (Would they do that)? I think both you and the model should e-mail support about this issue, as well as others in this thread who’ve experienced this. Sometimes when a model tries to tell a cam site’s support people about an issue, they are quick to try to blame it on the model’s internet connection before admitting that it could be a site issue. Lol. I feel like when they get e-mails from several people (models and members) having the same issue, they’ll be more likely to take it seriously and maybe - just maybe - even do some site maintenance?
I did contact support, but asked them to look into the technical aspects to see if they could identify what caused the issue.
I made sure to be clear that there was no complaint about the model or how she handled it, and that I was not seeking anything other than CB hopefully fixing the problem of disconnects/no "away".
Definitely wary of making any request that ends up deflecting the issue from the CB side back onto a model though.

I did contact support, but asked them to look into the technical aspects to see if they could identify what caused the issue.
I made sure to be clear that there was no complaint about the model or how she handled it, and that I was not seeking anything other than CB hopefully fixing the problem of disconnects/no "away".
Definitely wary of making any request that ends up deflecting the issue from the CB side back onto a model though.

The only time I ever contacted CB support about a private show technical issue, they just refunded me the tokens and apologized without really addressing the cause of the issue. Due to that experience, I hesitated to contact them this time.

I didn’t ask for my money back that other time, so it felt like they just did it as a fast way to close my case. Like with this situation, the tokens I spent are not the issue, the technical glitch is.

The only time I ever contacted CB support about a private show technical issue, they just refunded me the tokens and apologized without really addressing the cause of the issue. Due to that experience, I hesitated to contact them this time.

I didn’t ask for my money back that other time, so it felt like they just did it as a fast way to close my case. Like with this situation, the tokens I spent are not the issue, the technical glitch is.
Sounds similar to an experience I had a year or so ago - private disconnected on a couple of pccasions, and when I checked, there was no recording - which suggested it was a CB server-side error that caused the disconnect.
CB Support contacted me to say they had identified an error occurred, and they credited me the per-minute token part of the private without any request for that action.
I immediately asked Support to tell me if they had taken the refunded tokens back from the model, because if they had, I was not happy about that - but they confirmed the credit came from CB and not the model.

Reactions: Smoothie and Maxi
Sounds similar to an experience I had a year or so ago - private disconnected on a couple of pccasions, and when I checked, there was no recording - which suggested it was a CB server-side error that caused the disconnect.
CB Support contacted me to say they had identified an error occurred, and they credited me the per-minute token part of the private without any request for that action.
I immediately asked Support to tell me if they had taken the refunded tokens back from the model, because if they had, I was not happy about that - but they confirmed the credit came from CB and not the model.

Yes, in fact, the time I contacted support, it was the same type of recording issue (Rod, I’m beginning to think we may have similar cam site schedules… haha). And to be clear, the refund was just the per-minute token cost in my case too, not the extra tips.

In my case, the model and I happened to chat about it soon afterward and she confirmed she didn’t lose any tokens from the refund, so I didn’t have to ask support about it.

Through my, maybe too many years on the site, Yes I have seen this! both as the one being in a private, but also for models I talk a lot to, where I have been in the room and it returns like this and it's VERY clear to see this glitch happens, I just have always given them a small notice as "Hey if you did not notice you're back in public :)" (beware of this, as some do it on purpose and it can seem as strange, I only do it with models I know very well)

We’ll never know for sure, but that would be pretty wild.
Nah, j/k and highly unlikely.
I did however realise that the moderator in a room I began visiting recently, is also a member here.
Didn't make any difference to being in the room, although some of the 'mod antics' surprised me. Enough said, to each their own.

Reactions: Smoothie
Nah, j/k and highly unlikely.
I did however realise that the moderator in a room I began visiting recently, is also a member here.
Didn't make any difference to being in the room, although some of the 'mod antics' surprised me. Enough said, to each their own.

No worries either way … and yeah, small world regarding the moderator. This is a pretty well known forum, and us members that post here regularly tend to be frequent cam site customers. I bet we’ve unknowingly crossed paths more than we realize.

I haven’t been a moderator for anyone in about a year, and hopefully won’t be again.

No worries either way … and yeah, small world regarding the moderator. This is a pretty well known forum, and us members that post here regularly tend to be frequent cam site customers. I bet we’ve unknowingly crossed paths more than we realize.

I haven’t been a moderator for anyone in about a year, and hopefully won’t be again.
heheh if people use very different name it's hard to know indeed!

If you don't like being a moderator, hopefully you can just kindly say no :D

I had 2 privates today and I had problem with both of them. In first one the member wanted a c2c show, i enter in his room but i didnt aprear there, he didn't could see me or what I write, in second one was even worse, the member didn't show is the room, he obv was coz he writed me and tell me what to do next but anytime i wanted to respond him I got the message 'member is not longer in the room etc' because he was not visible on the list....not nice, members was no happy, they eventually left. 😤

Attachments

• 20230813_221655.jpg
    20230813_221655.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 8
  • Sorry to hear that.
I had 2 privates today and I had problem with both of them. In first one the member wanted a c2c show, i enter in his room but i didnt aprear there, he didn't could see me or what I write, in second one was even worse, the member didn't show is the room, he obv was coz he writed me and tell me what to do next but anytime i wanted to respond him I got the message 'member is not longer in the room etc' because he was not visible on the list....not nice, members was no happy, they eventually left. 😤
it seems these problems are hitting hard right now, I had yesterday where a friend asked for C2C and each time I turned it on it would turn back off (fully close on both me and her side) after about 15 seconds, not sure if this was the same problem as you had maybe? but when I let her into my room it worked fully fine.. this was not even in a private chat, so at this point it just seems there are problems with C2C and with Privates?

it seems these problems are hitting hard right now, I had yesterday where a friend asked for C2C and each time I turned it on it would turn back off (fully close on both me and her side) after about 15 seconds, not sure if this was the same problem as you had maybe? but when I let her into my room it worked fully fine.. this was not even in a private chat, so at this point it just seems there are problems with C2C and with Privates?
yes, seems to be a problem at this moment, is a big coincidence to have problem on both privates in same day

It’s been happening to me as well. I’m also getting “trying to reconnect” messages in every room I visit (not sure if it’s related). I contacted support, but haven’t heard anything.

It’s been happening to me as well. I’m also getting “trying to reconnect” messages in every room I visit (not sure if it’s related). I contacted support, but haven’t heard anything.

Yes, I keep getting “Trying to reconnect…” in both PMs and in public chat, too. Very frequently, no matter the room. And I was starting to wonder if that issue is related to the one about private shows randomly ending.

I could also see how a member stuck in “Trying to reconnect” mode might not be able to receive a message from a model because of that (so maybe related to that issue, too).

CB has been challenging to use lately, not gonna lie. Seems like I can’t do anything (even just watching a public show) for longer than 10-15 minutes before I either have to refresh the browser because the video went black (and refreshing does sometimes bring it back), or to solve the reconnect issue, or figure out why a private show magically ended and hope the model is cool with constant restarts.

CB, respectfully… please get it together.

^Y'all are probably seeing that "Trying to reconnect" message because it's stupid OBS fucking up again. That happened to me the other night on MFC. And of course it happened while I finally had one decent member in my room willing to chat. I was talking, and then suddenly got a notification that it's reconnecting. :facepalm:

Btw when that happens, if y'all are able to patiently wait a minute for the model to come right back, or pop back into her room in a minute or two, that'd be awesome. Because it's frustrating for us to think that we've just lost a viewer when that happens.

^Y'all are probably seeing that "Trying to reconnect" message because it's stupid OBS fucking up again. That happened to me the other night on MFC. And of course it happened while I finally had one decent member in my room willing to chat. I was talking, and then suddenly got a notification that it's reconnecting. :facepalm:

Btw when that happens, if y'all are able to patiently wait a minute for the model to come right back, or pop back into her room in a minute or two, that'd be awesome. Because it's frustrating for us to think that we've just lost a viewer when that happens.

Thanks for that info. Honestly it’s hard to know exactly what’s happening when that “trying to connect” message pops up. Most of the time, the user list still shows me and the model both in the room and the video stream looks OK. So we’re aware something is failing, but it’s never clear exactly what. If it’s OBS, mystery solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.